• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Ugh, so frustrated at the Hyperion market right now. Cobalt Ore used to be a reliable sell for ~30 gil per item, but because some idiots (or maybe just one?) started pricing HQ ores at like 20g for a stack (which used to go for at least 60), they've effectively crahsed the market on that item and it's a total mess now, with NQ going as low as 10 gil and HQ going for like 14. Being competitive is one thing, but crashing the price on items within a day is something else. there's this. Do people hate making money that much?

I'm already seeing traces of the same thing happening to Electrum. Crazy to think that the higher level items are selling for way less than Silver and Mythril.

Ken

While I am spinning in my chair at work browsing this thread, the FFXIV forums, and things in general... I couldn't notice you had a very nice looking WAR :)

So I must ask... PLD or WAR? :) And I am asking this full well knowing you may have a bias.

WAR is more fun and a little more difficult; PLD is pretty generic RPG tank if you've played other MMOs/RPGs.

studyguy

WAR is more fun and a little more difficult; PLD is pretty generic RPG tank if you've played other MMOs/RPGs.

Every class is more interesting than PLD.
This is coming from someone who mains PLD and enjoys it. Compared to every other class, we're basically a rock.

Sword-in-the-rock.jpg

I run CT for the BLM gear, and only for future vanity slots since it's all a downgrade for me. If I ever saw the shard drop and I haven't already used my roll for the week, I would instantly roll on it.

With my luck, though, I'll never see it drop. :/

Not with that attitude it won't!

Wow, so I just so happened to click this thread on a quick break from work to notice an ad for FFXIV bot programs at the top. :/

I think we can report bad ads but since I'm on my phone and about to go back to work I figured I'd let people (read: Tiv, Kagari) know in case the folks in charge do something about those kind of ads.

Azrael

Speculation here, Cerberus' model was added in the 2.1 patch data, so I predict Cerberus is the boss of Ruins of Amdapor being added in 2.2.

I know a Cerberus is also to be featured in the Crystal Tower, but there won't be a Crystal Tower update until 2.3, so I don't think they would have added it if they weren't going to use it for six months. Presumably Acheron, Hein, Scylla, Xande, and Cloud of Darkness are the main bosses of Crystal Tower, so Cerberus would be appearing there as a reskinned mini boss.

This is why I decided not to roll a tank. Everyone asks "where the tanks?" but no one wants to play with any new tanks.

So I decided to play a Monk instead.

Every tank should just learn every battle before they ever do it.

Kinda missing the entire point of Duty Roulette.

I don't have a problem with new tanks. Like if I see a gladiator in a low dungeon, I feel sorry for him, b/c I know he isn't going to hold aoe aggro as well as a maurader. I help them out if they need it (Ran brayflox w/ three new tanks, beat it all three times).

It's just when you get tanks that don't say anything and don't do anything to get/ that initial/keep aggro/aoe aggro despite tips, you know you're in for a grand old time lol. Like there are multiple times I'll tell marauders to overpower a couple of times b/c of how op it is for initial aoe aggro and they just won't do it.

studyguy

Speculation here, Cerberus' model was added in the 2.1 patch data, so I predict Cerberus is the boss of Ruins of Amdapor being added in 2.2.

I know a Cerberus is also to be featured in the Crystal Tower, but there won't be a Crystal Tower update until 2.3, so I don't think they would have added it if they weren't going to use it for six months. Presumably Acheron, Hein, Scylla, Xande, and Cloud of Darkness are the main bosses of Crystal Tower, so Cerberus would be appearing there as a reskinned mini boss.

Scylla is probably the next boss. Been in the .dats for ages now.

Along with whoever this guy is... maybe this guy?

Lucis

anyone has experience with all the parser out there?
FFXIV APP
ACT FFXIV
LogRep

Which one is more accurate?
What about that thread on reddit a few days ago about SE banning people that uses parser?

Isaccard

anyone has experience with all the parser out there?
FFXIV APP
ACT FFXIV
LogRep

Which one is more accurate?
What about that thread on reddit a few days ago about SE banning people that uses parser?

SE will ban you for advocating the use if a parser. So don't talk about how much x pug's DPS sucks and you're good to go.

I.E. The first rule of fight club.
which only teaches you to break the rules

As far as accuracy goes, summoner DPS will never be truly accurate because of the shitty way dots work in this game. I use ACT personally, but I feel like I should give FFXIV App another shot. Didint like it so much when I first used it. I feel like ACT is easier to read if you're unfamiliar with parsing programs.

Lucis

SE will ban you for advocating the use if a parser. So don't talk about how much x pug's DPS sucks and you're good to go.

I don't really care about trash talk pugs
I am getting into dps myself, just want to see how I am doing in rotation and to improve. FFXIV app seems to be using combat log (txt file) and ACT now reads memory directly?

Would like some expert opinion .

studyguy

Just treat it like XI & Windower.
Everyone parses, no one talks about it.
Of course not talking about it won't ensure you won't get banned, but whatever, still going to parse anyhow.

Sure do wish they gave us those custom ui tools already though. Hopefully the next patch after this one.

Isaccard

If SE gives us official DPS meters, I can't imagine the impact it would have on the community being a positive one. Especially among ourselves here.

Lucis

If SE gives us official DPS meters, I can't imagine the impact it would have on the community being a positive one. Especially among ourselves here.

I don't want to see official parsers...the drama it would cause...

DPS meter/parser is just a tool. drama is created by elitism/insecurity.

the tool is great to improve yourself and point out where others might be able to improve. Unless of course you put it in a jerkish way, or the other party is defensive/insecure about themselves.

So... politics aside, which parser is better right now?

"Titan Ex farm party. Will check Ifrit Ex DF. Will parser the fight, DPS < 220 = out of party. Get hit by 2 plumes = out of party. DON'T WASTE MY TIME!"

Sophia

I think the best way to handle it would be a DPS parser that can not announce to chat and only displays one's own DPS.

1.0 seemed mostly just ignorant and/or stupid people, but that's transformed to extremely aggressive jerks.

I wouldn't care at all if I didn't think people might peek in to use it as a measuring stick for the community before joining. Could not have a worse representation.

I don't think anyone uses official forums of MMOs as a measuring stick for anything.

studyguy

I don't think anyone uses official forums of MMOs as a measuring stick for anything.

At least the arguments we had at that time were somewhat interesting I guess.
Aceofspades in his undying quest to get enough DEF for it to actually do anything when the DEF floor was somewhere in the range of 1000+ for the harder ifrit to even start mitigating anything above like 5%. It was insane and that guy was shooting for like quint melded everything.

That's what I remember most about 1.0, the dumb as hell melds people started doing when they got bored at endgame. Also gouging people like 500k for a red belt early in 1.0's life when new recipes were introduced, but we wouldn't be told how to make them.

Being the first to find out basically meant you had a goldmine for however long it took everyone else to figure it out.

Sophia

So relics, whats next after melding? Also are primal weapons more powerful than relics now?

Hard Mode Primal Weapons aren't more powerful then the relics, but some extreme mode ones are.

After melding the materia, deliver it and you'll have to fight the D'horme Chimera. Then Amdapoor Keep, then kill a specific set of mobs, then Hydra, then the HM primal fights

atmusfear

Ugh, so frustrated at the Hyperion market right now. Cobalt Ore used to be a reliable sell for ~30 gil per item, but because some idiots (or maybe just one?) started pricing HQ ores at like 20g for a stack (which used to go for at least 60), they've effectively crahsed the market on that item and it's a total mess now, with NQ going as low as 10 gil and HQ going for like 14. Being competitive is one thing, but crashing the price on items within a day is something else. there's this. Do people hate making money that much?

I'm already seeing traces of the same thing happening to Electrum. Crazy to think that the higher level items are selling for way less than Silver and Mythril.

Simple, buy the low cost stuff and resell it at a higher price.

Noi

Simple, buy the low cost stuff and resell it at a higher price.

V

At this point on my server, low cost stuff takes up like 2 pages of 99 each. It's simply not worth it anymore when someone else will drop the same amount on the market later.

This is the case. I do that when it's only a few things I'd have to buy out, but it stops being profitable when I end up paying more money to buy things up than I'd make back.

At least I can still sell Coke for a nice amount...

Teknoman

Kill Chimera; no. EX Primal weapons are an alternative to relics with shit secondary stats.

Hard Mode Primal Weapons aren't more powerful then the relics, but some extreme mode ones are.

After melding the materia, deliver it and you'll have to fight the D'horme Chimera. Then Amdapoor Keep, then kill a specific set of mobs, then Hydra, then the HM primal fights

Cool, operation relic starts tonight then!

Applied to the site and sent ROBOKITTYZILLA a /tell in-game, but he/she seems to be AFK atm.

Send a tell to some of these other people as well...

Maple Cookie
Safflower Amariyo
Strawberry Shortcake
Tiv Einsfell

LEADERS
Elliott Kirkland
Guy Incognito
Mira Mora
Remiel Cathetel
Renault Cathetel

Ken

So I had this weird issue where Garuda-egi didn't want to fire off Contagion when I needed it to. Is this just a human error on my part or was my egi bugged? It had no issues using Contagion earlier.

http://youtu.be/2aDDrY3wol0

And yes I had it on Obey. I even re-use Obey in the middle of it to make sure.

So I had this weird issue where Garuda-egi didn't want to fire off Contagion when I needed it to. Is this just a human error on my part or was my egi bugged? It had no issues using Contagion earlier.

http://youtu.be/2aDDrY3wol0

And yes I had it on Obey. I even re-use Obey in the middle of it to make sure.

Sometimes I have to hit the button once or twice for her to use it. I know about the delay but sometimes she won't use it when I use the skill.

Pets seem to have a mind of their own at times...

MogCakes

My experience with Praetorium tonight has convinced me to go tank or healer when I do dungeons with pugs. By god those players doing it for the first time will watch their cutscenes or the group can go wipe or do it minus two people.

Jayhawk

Since 2.1, the demand for cobalt and electrum items has been much lower than silver and mythril and will continue to trend this way. The decrease in materia price makes spiritbonding crafting gear less appealing. Philosophy tomes are so much easier to get that many people can be geared in Darklight sets right away. This hurts the cobalt and electrum markets.

People will continue to level up DoW and DoM classes to 26/34 for cross-class skills. More people would have more DoL and DoH classes in this level range compared to 40+. This provides a market for silver and mythril.

Teknoman

My experience with Praetorium tonight has convinced me to go tank or healer when I do dungeons with pugs. By god those players doing it for the first time will watch their cutscenes or the group can go wipe or do it minus two people.

Godspeed.

EDIT: Game crashed, trying to log back in.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Ran Brayflox Longpost for the first time tonight. What a difference a tank makes. First guy we had wasn't holding aggro well at all. Everyone was face tanking at one point or another with mobs running around, especially on the first boss. Him and the dragoon were suddenly getting triple stacks of poison constantly, then more adds were jumping down my throat. We wiped, he left, then we got another tank and everything went great. He held all the adds no problem. There was the occasional poison hitting here and there.

Everything else went really smooth after that. Going through as a healer, it mostly seemed to be a dungeon to get me using Esuna. That spell was cast a lot during the boss fights. I do like that the difficulty is starting to ramp up, though. The early dungeons were nice tutorials, but I've started getting bored of them.

Also, got my Shantotto minion. Quite happy about that. =D

I do like that the difficulty is starting to ramp up, though. The early dungeons were nice tutorials, but I've started getting bored of them.

Brayflox is where the difficulty officially starts to increase, with more challenging mechanics and damage, so I think you'll enjoy the rest of the instances from there on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom