• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

I find Brayflox to be very straightforward (enjoyable nonetheless). Qarn requires a bit of memorization and/or running around but otherwise isn't hard.

Neither are hard, but require more from the player than previous dungeons did. The Brayflox final boss especially requires the tank to pay attention.

Mupod

we have come full circle

ibmScJyc1bvNO4.jpg

I'm sure I can help beat EX Titan, I just haven't had a chance to join a group. Hopefully I can join you guys soon. I rarely see videos from the tank's pov, nice!

dcye

Just had a tank in Copperbell do only Fast Blade > Riot Blade. Zzz...

That happened in Ifrit NM to me. I MT'd with my Monk, told the WHM to keep me alive. It was rough but got through and got 3 commendations :D

The dude grabbed Ifrit, ran around in circles in the middle of the arena doing FB-RB over and over haha.

Noi

Since 2.1, the demand for cobalt and electrum items has been much lower than silver and mythril and will continue to trend this way. The decrease in materia price makes spiritbonding crafting gear less appealing. Philosophy tomes are so much easier to get that many people can be geared in Darklight sets right away. This hurts the cobalt and electrum markets.

People will continue to level up DoW and DoM classes to 26/34 for cross-class skills. More people would have more DoL and DoH classes in this level range compared to 40+. This provides a market for silver and mythril.

I definitely believe all of that. It's just that people arbitrarily crashed the price on Cobalt for absolutely no reason when it was selling fine and fast at 30 for NQ/60+ for HQ. Hell, I remember putting up stacks at those prices, going out to gather some more, seeing them sell while doing so and repeat the whole process. It wasn't that ore sells slowly and people weren't buying, it was that multiple people decided to suddenly start putting up whole stacks of NQ/HQ ore at 1/4 of the price despite it still selling well.

I'll get over it really, it's just a tad frustrating to see people drive the prices down on an item despite supply still meeting demand. I'd be more understanding if the drop was gradual, but it was basically all done in one night so I'm still bitter about it.

aceface

Brayflox and Qarn do a good job of helping you to learn how to become a better player.

I've been going through all the dungeons slowly with my wife and her friend as they learn to tank and heal. We did Brayflox for the first time last night and after a few wipes on the last boss, finally got it as the timer was winding down. Watching our party slowly improve and finally get it was very rewarding, probably the most fun I've had with the game yet.

Jayhawk

I definitely believe all of that. It's just that people arbitrarily crashed the price on Cobalt for absolutely no reason when it was selling fine and fast at 30 for NQ/60+ for HQ. Hell, I remember putting up stacks at those prices, going out to gather some more, seeing them sell while doing so and repeat the whole process. It wasn't that ore sells slowly and people weren't buying, it was that multiple people decided to suddenly start putting up whole stacks of NQ/HQ ore at 1/4 of the price despite it still selling well.

I'll get over it really, it's just a tad frustrating to see people drive the prices down on an item despite supply still meeting demand. I'd be more understanding if the drop was gradual, but it was basically all done in one night so I'm still bitter about it.

It seems like sellers were already holding onto several stacks and eventually got impatient due to too much supply.

Mature

How are people making their gil these days? I do reasonable sales with just belts/rings/chokers on my Leatherworker, but I'm sure I could be doing better.

DrDogg

I don't want to see official parsers...the drama it would cause...

I would like to see an official parser so I can determine how well I'm doing and possibly what other DPS are doing wrong. For instance, with BLM I've been told that you should end every rotation with Flare > Transpose > Blizzard III.

Just going by the hate meter, and rough damage/time, it seems like I do better with a rotation that only includes Fire III > Fire x Times > Blizzard III > DoT/Scathe unless I have Convert and Swiftcast up to do double Flare.

An official parser would allow me to confirm which rotation I'm getting more damage from... assuming the hate meter isn't 100% telling.

I think the best way to handle it would be a DPS parser that can not announce to chat and only displays one's own DPS.

There are times when my ~i70 classes are pulling more hate than Relic +1 ~i80+ classes. I would like to be able to confirm that. It would get abused, and end in people getting kicked, but there are times when it would help... maybe.

Brayflox and Qarn do a good job of helping you to learn how to become a better player.

Qarn was made much easier in the last patch. I don't think it does anything to help people become better anymore.

Mature

Qarn was made much easier in the last patch. I don't think it does anything to help people become better anymore.
It'd be interesting if they did more dungeons like Qarn in the future. Sort of a lower level skill over item check dungeon with unique mechanics.

Sophia

It and Brayflox are still difficult compared to the stuff that comes before, and some of what comes after. I wish they hadn't nerfed the bees however.

studyguy

I'm in the same boat. never ran Sirios and Arum Vale because I never had a reason to. I don't think I'll ever make it into those dungeons.

Hit AV on roulette for the first time in ARR a while back.
I ran AV enough for one lifetime in 1.0 though so I don't care enough.

MogCakes

I've been going through all the dungeons slowly with my wife and her friend as they learn to tank and heal. We did Brayflox for the first time last night and after a few wipes on the last boss, finally got it as the timer was winding down. Watching our party slowly improve and finally get it was very rewarding, probably the most fun I've had with the game yet.

That's what I wanted to do with my group of friends, but conflict of time and lack of commitment on some people's parts dashed any hope.

pitbull

Banned
I'm in the same boat. never ran Sirios and Arum Vale because I never had a reason to. I don't think I'll ever make it into those dungeons.

me and shake ran it the night after release, might have had one of our tanks too...it was funny cuz none of us really know what to do so we just went in punching and fireballing everything and came out relatively easy. Got to see siren's gams so that was a plus

Noi

It seems like sellers were already holding onto several stacks and eventually got impatient due to too much supply.

After all my complaining the NQ prices went back up to 30 today so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HQ is still a bit lower than I'd like, but eh, I'll take it as it is.

studyguy

Have 99 levequests.
I just bought up a bunch of random 50g items and turned them in for like the 360-400g+ reward. Whatever, was bored out of my mind since yesterday we don't run coil again till later today. On the plus side, it did make me a couple thousand for the span of an episode of Arrow.

WolvenOne

You know, the big shame is, I'd like to run Pharos. It looks like it'd be a fun dungeon for a competent pre-made group. The problem is, there's really no incentive to run it right now, so getting a party run it without outside a roulette is very very difficult.

None of the drops there are that attractive. If there were level 65 or 70 Drops there, I think you'd get plenty of people running it. (Heck, with 65 or 70 drops, I'd have ran it several times just so I could have avoided the Tin-Can Darklight armor.)

Alternately, even if it offered additional Tomes over the other newly introduced dungeons, you'd see people forming to run it. A competent group can probably go through it about as quickly as 2.0 AK, so if it offered 75 Myth Tomes, you'd probably see parties forming up late every week to finish capping Myth.

Since it does none of that, and is clearly the most difficult of the new dungeons, people avoid it. Because people avoid it, the proper way to run it isn't very well known. Heck, I've beaten it, but I still don't remember most the boss battles too well. I don't really do High Level Roulette's, since I don't need them, so if I'm a little short of Tomes at the end of the week, I just run CT or one of the HM dungeons.

For context, I'm only 100 tomes short of Cap this week, and I've only ran CT once, and haven't ran a single endgame dungeon. Turns 1-4 of Coil, and farming Garuda EM, took care of the vast majority of my Tomes. I'll probably finish off my Myth, when I run CT again for my weekly drop.

studyguy

You know, the big shame is, I'd like to run Pharos. It looks like it'd be a fun dungeon for a competent pre-made group. The problem is, there's really no incentive to run it right now, so getting a party run it without outside a roulette is very very difficult.

None of the drops there are that attractive. If there were level 65 or 70 Drops there, I think you'd get plenty of people running it. (Heck, with 65 or 70 drops, I'd have ran it several times just so I could have avoided the Tin-Can Darklight armor.)

Alternately, even if it offered additional Tomes over the other newly introduced dungeons, you'd see people forming to run it. A competent group can probably go through it about as quickly as 2.0 AK, so if it offered 75 Myth Tomes, you'd probably see parties forming up late every week to finish capping Myth.

Since it does none of that, and is clearly the most difficult of the new dungeons, people avoid it. Because people avoid it, the proper way to run it isn't very well known. Heck, I've beaten it, but I still don't remember most the boss battles too well. I don't really do High Level Roulette's, since I don't need them, so if I'm a little short of Tomes at the end of the week, I just run CT or one of the HM dungeons.

For context, I'm only 100 tomes short of Cap this week, and I've only ran CT once, and haven't ran a single endgame dungeon. Turns 1-4 of Coil, and farming Garuda EM, took care of the vast majority of my Tomes. I'll probably finish off my Myth, when I run CT again for my weekly drop.

I didn't get to finish T5 this week so far due to Monday maintenance (lol90k), I'll still be out 250 myth and I'd rather run CT a bunch of times as a baddie tank spiritbonding than suffer DF runs on roulette. At least spirtbonding with CT I get money and myth out of it... if also some CT headaches.

Wilsongt

Pharos isn't -that- bad... I mean, I ran it with a group of three newbies a couple of weeks back and the only problem we ran across was Zu, but we managed to work that out.

However, you really need to be properly geared for it. You need a lot of DPS really quickly against the adds for the first boss and the adds for Zu.

I'd rather do Pharos than Aurum Vale... *shudder*

WolvenOne

I didn't get to finish T5 this week so far due to Monday maintenance (lol90k), I'll still be out 250 myth and I'd rather run CT a bunch of times as a baddie tank spiritbonding than suffer DF runs on roulette. At least spirtbonding with CT I get money and myth out of it... if also some CT headaches.

I've gotta get back into Spiritbinding again. I made a lot of money doing that in 2.0.

Anyhow, I think the core problem with the markets right now, is that they added a lot of new ways to get Tomes (and gear), but didn't add anything really new to spend them on.

If it had been me, I would've created a class of iLvl80 accessories, that required, "Both," Phil Tome Mats, and new Myth Tome Mats to create. The price of these accessories would be absurdly expensive by default, (especially once Materia was factored in,) but anybody willing to put the time and money into them, would likely be able to get at least a handful of stats higher than if they were running in full Allagan Accessories.

Not only would this make the markets a bit healthier, it'd probably keep more people running the dungeons too. I'm already starting to notice that some people aren't bothering to cap Myth anymore, since they're running out of classes to spend it on. Granted, it'd probably bolster CT runs more than the dungeons, but still. XD

Not, that I expect any of this to happen, at least not before 2.2. XD

Edit: Yeah, I realize that's only indirectly related to what you said. This is just something that's been sitting on my mind for awhile, so, it was hard not to mention it given half a chance. XD

WolvenOne

Pharos isn't -that- bad... I mean, I ran it with a group of three newbies a couple of weeks back and the only problem we ran across was Zu, but we managed to work that out.

However, you really need to be properly geared for it. You need a lot of DPS really quickly against the adds for the first boss and the adds for Zu.

I'd rather do Pharos than Aurum Vale... *shudder*

Siren can be a pain too, especially if your healer is a Scholar that isn't spectacularly geared. XD

WolvenOne

at 300 myth tomes a week, how long does it take to get a full set of i90 gear? 5 months?

The Cap is 450 Tomes now. So, about 2 weeks a piece for the main armor pieces, a week for each piece of jewelry, and just slightly more than a week for the other armor pieces.

By the time you have even one class close to iLvl90, chances are you're running at least the first few turns of Coil every week too. Meaning you're probably getting a couple lvl90 items per month there as well. Also, there's the lvl80 CT items. For a secondary class that isn't used much, most people consider those just fine, and will use them until Coil items drop.

So, yeah, it does feel like Myth Items are starting to take the back seat, a bit.

omlet

If I'm remembering right, assuming you're not getting any other i90 that isn't purchased myth, it's
900 (relic)
825 x2 (body/pants)
495 x3 (head/hands/feet)
375 x5 (belt/accessories)

5910 / 300
20 weeks

At current weekly myth cap it's 5910 / 450, or 14 weeks.

MogCakes

So 3 months give or take some weeks. I'll start with Darklight and progress up the ilvl ladder from there. How long does it take to level a crafting class to meld materia? I'm at the part of my relic quest that requires the i55 weapon.

Lastly, how well does SMN do in DPS checks at endgame? My immediate DPS is pretty shitty.

It's a shame some of the stuff in Coil has some crummy stats (Looking at you alagan tunic of casting) forcing you to still spend myth on a piece you thought you were set with. As long as I hit my accuracy cap, I don't really stress myself out from trying to get BiS.

So 3 months give or take some weeks. I'll start with Darklight and progress up the ilvl ladder from there. How long does it take to level a crafting class to meld materia? I'm at the part of my relic quest that requires the i55 weapon.

Lastly, how well does SMN do in DPS checks at endgame? My immediate DPS is pretty shitty.

SMN does just fine in endgame, there are some fights where you're at a disadvantage because a phase calls for burst damage but you'll be loved in Coil. I know since I'm a SMN in a Coil group and we're already at Twin practice

WolvenOne

It's a shame some of the stuff in Coil has some crummy stats (Looking at you alagan tunic of casting) forcing you to still spend myth on a piece you thought you were set with. As long as I hit my accuracy cap, I don't really stress myself out from trying to get BiS.

SMN does just fine in endgame, there are some fights where you're at a disadvantage because a phase calls for burst damage but you'll be loved in Coil. I know since I'm a SMN in a Coil group and we're already at Twin practice

On the subject of favorable classes for Coil. Part of the reason our Coil group spent so much time stopped at Turn 4, was because of our party makeup.

Basically our DPS consists of, two melee classes, a Bard, and a Summoner. So, especially before the melee Buff in 2.1, we were having a ton of trouble getting the Adds down in time.

Thankfully, the 2.1 melee buff mostly solved that problem, and better coordination between us Tanks took care of the rest.

Edit: also, it should be stated, that it primary delay was because of the Holidays. Finding times when everyone was online, was particularly difficult during the month of December. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom