• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do duty roulette, regular dungeon queues, leves, and hunting log.

So fortunate...I have had horrible luck with DR and dungeon queues...maybe DF hates fab BRD's...

And I will not be touching DF Coil. Would rather pug it with capable FC members on my WHM alt.

It just seems fruitless to bother wasting time with DF for the most part. It's like we've whined about this issue before, we know it can be pretty bad, why deal with the pain?

Ken

It just seems fruitless to bother wasting time with DF for the most part. It's like we've whined about this issue before, we know it can be pretty bad, why deal with the pain?

Wasn't whining though. Just making a humerous observation. :eek:

I'm going to DF Turn 3 all day.

Sophia

I was surprised to see there was an instructional video for Turn 3. It starts off with the narrator asking what the viewer is doing here and how they don't need an instructional video for this turn.

Tash

Wooooo, Titan EM down :D
I know, I know..you all can do it in your sleep alreadyy :p

The fight itself is not that hard but the challenge of noone fucking up is.

We where three standing with him at like 5% and made it with me up healing, one paladin tank and a blm to save the day :D

WolvenOne

On the subject of Turn 3. I could picture a couple ways to make that Turn more rewarding and fun, but, without a drop I doubt anyone would appreciate a turn like that again.

I mean, for example. Have a slow moving ADS spawn near the entrance. Give it an AoE insta kill that doesn't go away until you reach a switch at the bottom. Finally, make each Jump pad locked until a certain number of Mobs are down.

Bang, a literal DPS race. Then Itd all be about getting to the bottom, flipping the switch, then burning down the debuffed ADS.

Not that they'll do this to turn 3. Just saying, work changes like that, that sort of Turn could be fun, if there was a Drop.

Tash

On the subject of Turn 3. I could picture a couple ways to make that Turn more rewarding and fun, but, without a drop I doubt anyone would appreciate a turn like that again.

I mean, for example. Have a slow moving ADS spawn near the entrance. Give it an AoE insta kill that doesn't go away until you reach a switch at the bottom. Finally, make each Jump pad locked until a certain number of Mobs are down.

Bang, a literal DPS race. Then Itd all be about getting to the bottom, flipping the switch, then burning down the debuffed ADS.

Not that they'll do this to turn 3. Just saying, work changes like that, that sort of Turn could be fun, if there was a Drop.

No offense but, no thanks.
There are way more creative designs to do then another freaking dps check :/

WolvenOne

No offense but, no thanks.
There are way more creative designs to do then another freaking dps check :/

Sure there are. But that was just off the top of my head, and still better than. Run and don't die til the exit. XD.

I'm sure somebody could have a lot of fun with a moving boss battle concept.

Lucis

This is how I will be doing turn 5 in DF
Guys lets wipe 10 times in 10 min, and down it in another 10 min,
20 min no waste!

Level 26 Thaum. I can't believe I've stuck it out and not changed classes yet. So close to a Black Mage!

The game really feels like it is kicking in after I joined a Grand Company. Enjoying the Hell out of it now.

Khatoz

Such a nice view:

gfQliRy.jpg

Kronotech

Level 26 Thaum. I can't believe I've stuck it out and not changed classes yet. So close to a Black Mage!

The game really feels like it is kicking in after I joined a Grand Company. Enjoying the Hell out of it now.

You know you're going to need to switch classes before becoming a BLM though, right?

You know you're going to need to switch classes before becoming a BLM though, right?
Yeah. Someone burst my bubble the other day. Luckily, I'm at level 9 Archer so it shouldn't be too awful. My big fear is that many have stated level 40 is when a Black Mage really becomes fun. When I become a Black Mage, do I restart at level1? Because that will be depressing.

suzu

Yeah. Someone burst my bubble the other day. Luckily, I'm at level 9 Archer so it shouldn't be too awful. My big fear is that many have stated level 40 is when a Black Mage really becomes fun. When I become a Black Mage, do I restart at level1? Because that will be depressing.

Actually, your THM is gaining the levels. You'll get an item that you equip to become a BLM. So all your THM levels = BLM levels.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Tried out Qarn today, and it was an interesting dungeon. I liked the mechanics in it, and it was pretty straightforward overall, at least from a DPS perspective. I didn't realize dealing with Doom was so easy as ranged on the first boss, just having to stand on the pile of debris to the side. I wound up dying once going into the black boxes on the last boss. Maybe I should just put up Bio there and spam Ruin instead of lining up all my dots in order to bring the thing down quicker. I'm guessing that I let the thing pulse a bit too much before killing it. Still, it was an interesting experience running through the place.

Gave EM Titan a fair amount of tries tonight...most of my deaths were to stomps because I wasn't at full hp. Makes me wish SMN's weren't so frail. At least we got past the heart phase at least.

Tash

Gave EM Titan a fair amount of tries tonight...most of my deaths were to stomps because I wasn't at full hp. Makes me wish SMN's weren't so frail. At least we got past the heart phase at least.

How much HP do you have?
And you weren't full hp before the stomps?
That is the healers fault then. There is enough time for the healer not being Gaoled to top the group off before stomps. There is one landslide before stomps where you have time to either cast a medica 2 or a succor/whispering wind
As a SCH I always use Sacred Soil for stomps. You don't need it on Geocrush imo and it helps members with weaker hp.

If people get hit by stuff all the time, well yeah, then it's starting to get tough on the healers.

How much HP do you have?
And you weren't full hp before the stomps?
That is the healers fault then. There is enough time for the healer not being Gaoled to top the group off before stomps. There is one landslide before stomps where you have time to either cast a medica 2 or a succor/whispering wind
As a SCH I always use Sacred Soil for stomps. You don't need it on Geocrush imo and it helps members with weaker hp.

If people get hit by stuff all the time, well yeah, then it's starting to get tough on the healers.

Eh, it's fine. One of the healers (WHM) was new to the fight so that kinda stuff is to be expected. I'd be worried more if it was someone who really knew the fight. With the party buff and before food, I usually have about 4177 hp. With food, it's about 4300 or so

Tash

Eh, it's fine. One of the healers (WHM) was new to the fight so that kinda stuff is to be expected. I'd be worried more if it was someone who really knew the fight. With the party buff and before food, I usually have about 4177 hp. With food, it's about 4300 or so

You shouldn't be killed during stomps then. I only have 4.1 with food on my secondary SCH.
WHM just needs to use Cure III spam :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom