• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

Having a Market board now near our house is also one of my favourite changes in this patch. Not having to leave the mist just to buy something from the boards anymore.

Sophia

Oh my god, a ready check. Raid leading just got so much easier.

Actually it makes sense if they made the AoE indicators animated, that might help with colorblind people.

We have a legally blind person in my guild who will enjoy the new indicators as well. They pop out a lot better.

I know I'll enjoy them being partially colorblind. Sometimes they blend in and are too hard to see.

Alucrid

Banned
Summoner and Scholar are now counted as separate jobs when determining the speed at which the limit break gauge is filled.

lol, didn't even know that was the case. oh square

When using high quality material to craft an item, the next crafting attempt will not default to normal quality material.

this is good

Tabris

1e50acf08461e355e3e5d4736391ba3f787720f1_13.png

This will be nice for ground where the aoe doesn't show up as well.

Tabris

Now that a huge amount of people will be in Mist, can we please clean up our yard? ;p

Just because a piece of furniture exists doesn't mean we need to have it there ;p

WolvenOne

Oh, they're adding a "Demand" feature to market boards, that lets you know what items players want the most, based on what they have in their Wishlists. (Another feature they're adding.)

That, "might," help jump start the economy a bit. Not as much as new items would but still, couldn't hurt.

Sophia

Oh, they're adding a "Demand" feature to market boards, that lets you know what items players want the most, based on what they have in their Wishlists. (Another feature they're adding.)

That, "might," help jump start the economy a bit. Not as much as new items would but still, couldn't hurt.

It'll certainly be useful for sellers. You'll have a better indication of how an item might be selling at a glance.

Mairu

I am pleased with the changes in this patch considering there was no chance of new content before 2.2. I hope 2.2 doesn't get delayed

Tabris

It'll certainly be useful for sellers. You'll have a better indication of how an item might be selling at a glance.

This kind of annoys me as I'm making a decent amount of gil by checking various items to see what's low in stock / getting top gil for HQ, and then sell that. Repeat this every couple of days. Well I assume others aren't doing it because they're lazy. Well now they can continue being lazy.

Teknoman

Alliance members will now be visible during the initial cutscene of the Labyrinth of the Ancients.

I really like this addition. Always seemed strange to just see party members.

Players can now zoom out and achieve an overhead view when locked on to large targets.

Finally!

Also the visual additions of wet surfaces, cold breath, and eventually idle animations are great.

WolvenOne

This kind of annoys me as I'm making a decent amount of gil by checking various items to see what's low in stock / getting top gil for HQ, and then sell that. Repeat this every couple of days. Well I assume others aren't doing it because they're lazy. Well now they can continue being lazy.

If demand is actually getting filled as a reasonable rate, the chances of people using the market board more frequently increases. Saying that this'll destroy demand because it's too convenient, would be akin to predicting that Amazon would destroy demand for the same reason back in the late 90's.

Sure, it'll be disruptive, but that disruption will be a net gain for the in-game economy as a whole.

i don't really understand this... why split it into 2 parts?

They're animated now. (I'm guessing)

As the ability cast progresses, the inner shape will fill in the outer shape and when it is completely full, the ability will go off.

AOE indicators in Wildstar are like this. It's a nice system, makes it easy to see how soon you need to move.

WolvenOne

Hopefully they take more steps to improve the economy. Adding more useful craftable items might help.

That's the only thing that'll do it, really, though the Vanity system they'll be implementing will certainly help. The problem is, that, in the real world we're constantly coming up with new products and services, but in the game there's a very finite set of products and services. Once a player reaches a certain point, they don't need much more, and simply don't consume much.

Of course there are consumables in the game, but most of them aren't really vital.

MogCakes

Game Watch Interview with Yoshi-P: Features of PS4 version, Future of PS3 version, DX11 and more:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1yf929/220_game_watch_interview_with_yoship_features_of/

Don't hate me.. but the 'ps3 dropping' news if it's necessary to make new innovative and large-scale content is pretty fantastic. Really.

I wouldn't mind it. PS+ isn't required to play XIV on PS4 so there's no reason not to upgrade from the PS3 version. I think it's actually a fantastic way to approach the limitation problem the game has because of the PS3.

EDIT: High five. Mog buddies!

Sophia

I'm okay with the PS3 version being dropped. While it's functional, it's not particularly attractive in any sense. The User Interface especially was clearly made for something at a higher resolution.

WolvenOne

Game Watch Interview with Yoshi-P: Features of PS4 version, Future of PS3 version, DX11 and more:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1yf929/220_game_watch_interview_with_yoship_features_of/

Don't hate me.. but the 'ps3 dropping' news if it's necessary to make new innovative and large-scale content is pretty fantastic. Really.

Oh that's great news! I certainly don't want to leave PS3 players high and dry, but chances are 2-3 years from now the vast majority of them will have either moved on to other platforms, or ceased playing the game altogether anyway. The game shouldn't be held back forever, by what will inevitably be an increasingly small portion of the user base.

Granted, depending on the success of the PS4 in Japan, it may take more than 2-3 years for the user base to hit this point. I hope it doesn't though. *knocks on wood.*

MogCakes

Granted, depending on the success of the PS4 in Japan, it may take more than 2-3 years for the user base to hit this point. I hope it doesn't though. *knocks on wood.*

The PS4 version is so much of an improvement over the PS3 version that it shouldn't be a problem.

WolvenOne

The PS4 version is so much of an improvement over the PS3 version that it shouldn't be a problem.

Well if the PS4 does as well in Japan as it has done in America and Europe, it won't be a problem. If it's adoption is slow however, it could be. After all, the PS3 has a fairly big install base in Japan already.

To prevent players from becoming stuck between furnishings, continued character movement will temporarily disable collision detection.

Does this mean we can't get on the balcony anymore?

Edit: I can confirm, we can still get on the balcony. Game saved.

BadRNG

Man, they stuck a lot of great QoL changes in 2.16. The quest log working like it did in Beta alone would of justified a patch for me.

The New Adventurer thing is neat, but if the game is tracking playtime I hope they give us a way to view that at some point.

Also wonder what the chances of any of these new class rings being eligible for armoire. Who am I kidding...my poor inventory.

I know that patch was supposed to fix the low level DR thing but I am still getting Tam Tara far too much for my liking. If the game would be kind enough to throw a dungeon closer to my level, even if it has to be as low as Bray or Qarn, that would help speed things up. At least I'm rolling healer, queues are generally pretty fast so I can just queue up for either Stone Vigil or Cutter's Cry after doing my DR.
The bonus you get from DR is based on the difference between your level and the dungeon's, so getting a much lower level dungeon is often best use of your time if you are after the bonus.

I've definitely noticed better DR variety though. I've gotten Titan, Qarn, and Toto-Rak just this week. And more importantly I haven't seen freakin Halatali at all since patch. Thank god.

WolvenOne

Lets see.

The wet clothes effect is simple but fairly effective. They just turn up the surface gloss on everything a bit, and fade it over 30 seconds when you walk inside.

The cold breath thing is nice, but it's merely apart of your idle animation, so don't expect to see cold breath following people everywhere as they run around in Coarthas.

The new AoE marker doesn't double as a cast bar. The line everyone was seeing was just a ripple running through the effected area to make it more easily visible. Given some of the funky AoE shapes in this game, this is a very good idea.

Nobodies using the Wishlists on the market board yet, so I have no idea how the demand feature works.

Gonna add Hydra and Chimera to my DF tomorrow. I really hope they added a Myth reward or something to it, to make people more willing to run it with fresh 50's.

chrono01

The new AoE marker doesn't double as a cast bar. The line everyone was seeing was just a ripple running through the effected area to make it more easily visible. Given some of the funky AoE shapes in this game, this is a very good idea.
Well that's disappointing, I had thought that it would work differently. :(

Still, it sounds like an improvement. I look forward to trying it out!

This is a shame but I assume it's just to make it easier for people to see on the ground (I do struggle to see the red AoE's in some areas).

I'm up for mount roulette though. Makes having multiple mounts that much more appealing given I only reserve one spot on my hotbar for it.

Ken

Gonna add Hydra and Chimera to my DF tomorrow. I really hope they added a Myth reward or something to it, to make people more willing to run it with fresh 50's.

Eh, they had philo tomes as rewards for awhile now; I doubt they changed it this patch.

658 MB patch ughhh.

Sophia

Interesting.... you can still only do Hydra/Chimera if you're on the quest. It won't let you initiate it otherwise?

Huh, weird... it let me queue up solo. But it wouldn't let us initiate it as a party just for fun until we passed it to someone who was actually on that step. Maybe someone was just screwballing around about unlocking it.

The new AoE ground markers are utterly amazing and nobody has any excuse to get hit by anything ever now because of that.

Sophia

It was lag, I swear.

If I hadn't seen enough reports of lag caused by wireless routers/specific ISPs, I'd be ready to dismiss anyone who used that excuse. I haven't had a single death I could blame on lag.

Alas, I've seen too many reports to dismiss it that easily.

I think it's okay if they eventually phase out the PS3 version but I can't see it happening for a couple of years though.

Chimera and Hydra should reward you like 5 myth tomes each. Philosophy tomes are a dime a dozen.

Sophia

I think it's okay if they eventually phase out the PS3 version but I can't see it happening for a couple of years though.

Chimera and Hydra should reward you like 5 myth tomes each. Philosophy tomes are a dime a dozen.

Completing Hydra a few minutes ago awarded me with 10 philosophy and 10 mythology.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
They should be shared trophies. So the icon below will say PS3 PS4

Shared happens if a game is released on multiple platforms at the same time, rather than have it separate lists, also due to the save cross function
If they are carbon copies, most of the time they get shared, but if the title can be stand alone, then it's given it's own list

Most likely PS4 version will be considered a "New" version, it has to have the same BUS code for it to have the same trophy list
PS3 and PS4 BUS codes are completely different

That's why people have Triple Demon's Souls platinums or Quintuple Sound Shapes platinums on their trophy list

PS4 version has to start the Trophy Set anew, cause the title can't just get merged in with an existing version it has no relation too

dcye

If I hadn't seen enough reports of lag caused by wireless routers/specific ISPs, I'd be ready to dismiss anyone who used that excuse. I haven't had a single death I could blame on lag.

Alas, I've seen too many reports to dismiss it that easily.

Move to Australia and play, then dismiss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom