• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyunashi

Apparently I pick the worst times to play this game. Is there a standard maintenance schedule?

Yea I was pumped when I went to sleep while downloading it over night and I just woke up 10mins ago and logged in. Oh well, am pumped but hopefully this maint ends early
(Feels so different, can really appreciate how GW2 barely had any down time)

So while I wait, are their any decent Youtubers to view for FF14 or maybe a good fansite/forum to read up on guides/info?

So while I wait, are their any decent Youtubers to view for FF14 or maybe a good fansite/forum to read up on guides/info?

Far as YouTubers go, the most well-known is Mr. Happy. Personally, though, I prefer SheepheadCG and MTQcapture. Though, be aware, some info in some of their older guide videos is outdated.

For websites, the OT is your friend. ;) (gamerescape, the consolegameswiki, and ffxivguid are three of my faves.)

dcye

So i was thinking about picking this up for PC. I don't have a PC right now, so this would be my only option for a MMO. My question is 1) is this MMO worth playing? I was a hardcore EQ player back in the day, and enjoyed early wow, don't enjoy all the instancing and hub-style, like dungeon finder etc. 2) Is it worth picking up on PS3? Is there any limitations/awkwardness besides chat?

If you don't like instanced raiding and hub-styled MMO's then don't buy this game, you will hate it. That is what endgame is in FFXIV. You basically cannot play this game without using the Duty Finder at least a few times.

I know that patch was supposed to fix the low level DR thing but I am still getting Tam Tara far too much for my liking. If the game would be kind enough to throw a dungeon closer to my level, even if it has to be as low as Bray or Qarn, that would help speed things up. At least I'm rolling healer, queues are generally pretty fast so I can just queue up for either Stone Vigil or Cutter's Cry after doing my DR.

Ken

Greetings, everyone!

I’m stopping in again to bring you some more information about plans for housing that are in the works!

As mentioned briefly during Letter from the Producer LIVE, in patch 2.2 we will be adding a cultivation system, which will allow you to cultivate crops from your house’s garden and use them for things such as cooking.

Additionally, though this is something for the future, we are currently looking into making it so you can dye furnishings that cannot presently be dyed.

dramatis

YAY

I know that patch was supposed to fix the low level DR thing but I am still getting Tam Tara far too much for my liking. If the game would be kind enough to throw a dungeon closer to my level, even if it has to be as low as Bray or Qarn, that would help speed things up. At least I'm rolling healer, queues are generally pretty fast so I can just queue up for either Stone Vigil or Cutter's Cry after doing my DR.
I don't go into DR expecting the dungeon to give me exp, I go in expecting the end bonus to give me exp. The objective of DR is to help players who want to get in a certain dungeon without having to wait hours to get a party. The bonuses are incentives for other players to queue in a random system.

DR technically isn't built to help you level.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So, anyone want to bet that phase PS4 beta ends at Story mode Ifrit again? Was such a great place to do so that left you wanting more.

Tabris

Seems a bit silly. The big things you want to ensure are working on PS4 is what is performance like in Mor Dhora, Crystal Tower, Titan EX, etc.

Aeana

Seems a bit silly. The big things you want to ensure are working on PS4 is what is performance like in Mor Dhora, Crystal Tower, Titan EX, etc.

Well, that'll certainly all be tested in phase 2 when people can use their actual characters on PS4.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Does the PS3 trophies for FFXIV transfer to the PS4 version? For those doing the PS4 upgrade.

They should

Unless FFXIV for PS4 has a different value check
Most likely you'll have to complete the objective at hand to re-earn it

So to get both the Mine 1 time and 1000 times to PING!, just go hit a node
The achievements most likely will be the value check that the Trophies will check against and most of the stuff is saved server side

Tabris

They should

Unless FFXIV for PS4 has a different value check
Most likely you'll have to complete the objective at hand to re-earn it

So to get both the Mine 1 time and 1000 times to PING!, just go hit a node
The achievements most likely will be the value check that the Trophies will check against and most of the stuff is saved server side

They should be shared trophies. So the icon below will say PS3 PS4

YAY

I don't go into DR expecting the dungeon to give me exp, I go in expecting the end bonus to give me exp. The objective of DR is to help players who want to get in a certain dungeon without having to wait hours to get a party. The bonuses are incentives for other players to queue in a random system.

DR technically isn't built to help you level.

I'm aware of that but I just wish it would do a better job of matching up the players who are around the level of that dungeon or who need it in general.

Tabris

I'm aware of that but I just wish it would do a better job of matching up the players who are around the level of that dungeon or who need it in general.

There's a lot more players that need the 3 level 15-20 dungeons + Hatali because then it's a decent step until the next Dungeons.

LLDR doesn't match people based on their level. It matches them based on who's been waiting the longest for a dungeon. If more people are waiting for Satasha, then you will be more likely to end up in Satasha doing LLDR. That's the point of LLDR, to help out the people who are leveling up and waiting for dungeons in DF. Sure it sucks if you're a much higher level but that's what the big bonus at the end is for, to reward you for going through Satasha again for the 17,286th time and helping someone out who needed it to progress through the story.

Aeana

Wow, in-game FC applications.

EDIT: "The period during which players are unaffected by curative magic after being revived has been reduced." zomg

I like some of those pet changes.

And point taken about low level duty roulette, I just want more players in the higher level brackets!

Being able to heal players sooner after being revived is awesome.

Aeana

"The Sic and Obey pet commands can now be activated without a target present. Furthermore, pets will remain set to either command even when re-summoned."

Oh man.

"Summoner and Scholar are now counted as separate jobs when determining the speed at which the limit break gauge is filled."
Hahaha, I'm shocked this wasn't the case before.

BLCKATK

My life can't handle this quality.

Waymarks have been added.
Using waymarks, players can mark select areas on the field that can be seen by party and alliance members. Waymarks can be accessed under Social on the Main Menu.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGH

The focus target bar will now remain visible even when the indicated target is no longer on screen.

Yes. YES.

Astra

I just picked this up today on Steam, and got about two hours in before the maintenance. Didn't get much time to actually play, after the tutorial section and such. Got about three quests done, but so far so good. Really glad we're able to class change, so I didn't have to spend forever deciding which class to be.

Look forward to really digging in tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom