• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naar

After the patch i am having serious issues with 2 things. This is on PS3

- There seems to be some delay using a controller when I try to switch hot bars

- Casting AoE now leaves a mouse cursor on my screen and to get rid of if i have to press select 2 times and sometimes while doing that i have to switch to my pet hot bar and accidentally i end up switching the chat log instead. Or i un target my current target by pressing O to get rid of cursor. both are annoying and dont know why SE changed this or at least give us the option to retain old way of casting AoEs

Why did SE add a mouse cursor to PS3 AoE when before i was using it just fine? I cant seem to disable this option in the menu (the other option is to set the AoE on yourself, but no cursor pops which is pointless)

Before this patch i just had to choose shadowflare and point where I wanted it to be and finished. No cursor poped. I could even do some other commands while waiting for shadowflare to finish casting.

Xux

What the heck. You can store the Hunting Log etc. rings already but still can't store the kabutos and other seasonal stuff from this year. :(

aceface

After the patch i am having serious issues with 2 things. This is on PS3

- There seems to be some delay using a controller when I try to switch hot bars

- Casting AoE now leaves a mouse cursor on my screen and to get rid of if i have to press select 2 times and sometimes while doing that i have to switch to my pet hot bar and accidentally i end up switching the chat log instead. Or i un target my current target by pressing O to get rid of cursor. both are annoying and dont know why SE changed this or at least give us the option to retain old way of casting AoEs

Why did SE add a mouse cursor to PS3 AoE when before i was using it just fine? I cant seem to disable this option in the menu (the other option is to set the AoE on yourself, but no cursor pops which is pointless)

Before this patch i just had to choose shadowflare and point where I wanted it to be and finished. No cursor poped. I could even do some other commands while waiting for shadowflare to finish casting.

From the patch notes, try this:

The following settings have been added to the Character Configuration menu:
Control Settings
Target Tab
Ground Targeting Settings (Gamepad Mode)
- Target Ring
* When playing in Gamepad mode with Locked to Cursor selected, the mouse can also be used for ground targeting.
When ground targeting is set to Locked to Cursor, the targeting circle will always appear at the cursor's default position.
When ground targeting is set to Unlocked, the targeting circle can be freely controlled by pressing RB/R1+Left Stick.

kierwynn

Got my gown!

2N4BVBI.jpg

I also can't say I'm too crazy about this new wet effect. Just makes everything look extra shiny to me. lol

Naar

From the patch notes, try this:

I already stated that i did that in my post. It seems this is something for PC users, so i dont know why PS3 users have to deal with it too.

There is only 2 options to select in the menu and both have the mouse cursor pop up on PS3

edgefusion

Just did a CT where the ready check window was spammed throughout the instance. Congrats SE, on implementing another well thought out feature.

Tash

Lol, at the SCH/SMN LB issue.

No wonder we were struggling to get the LB anywhere meaningful during T5 yesterday with SCH/SMN/SMN

Also much <3 for the pet changes and reducing the immunity timer to heals after being revived. That always bugged the hell out of me. Countless lustrates wasted because of that crap.

Lol, at the SCH/SMN LB issue.

No wonder we were struggling to get the LB anywhere meaningful during T5 yesterday with SCH/SMN/SMN
Yeah, I always noticed the LB gauge seemed to take forever but I couldn't put my finger in it since I played nothing but SCH lol

We get a summoning bell and market board right next to our house! Ready check and ground markers are amazing additions. I'm glad they're still updating the presentation with things like the wet and cold breath effect and upcoming idle animations.

I really want that Chocobo suit but not looking forward to grinding out another 5 levels on my Chocobo. It was hard enough to get the first 5.

With gardening on the way, some yard cleanup might be in order.

This is a really nice patch. The wait for 2.2 begins!

Game Watch Interview with Yoshi-P: Features of PS4 version, Future of PS3 version, DX11 and more:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1yf929/220_game_watch_interview_with_yoship_features_of/

Don't hate me.. but the 'ps3 dropping' news if it's necessary to make new innovative and large-scale content is pretty fantastic. Really.

This pleases me greatly. PS4 is an absolute beast right now and I suspect it will do some really good numbers in Japan. The PS3 is at the end of it's life cycle and hopefully, most FFXIV console players will move to the PS4 platform in a timely manner, especially with the free upgrade from the PS3 version. I would love for this to happen sooner rather than later.

aceface

Game Watch Interview with Yoshi-P: Features of PS4 version, Future of PS3 version, DX11 and more:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1yf929/220_game_watch_interview_with_yoship_features_of/

Don't hate me.. but the 'ps3 dropping' news if it's necessary to make new innovative and large-scale content is pretty fantastic. Really.

From that interview on features of the PS4 version:
Boob jiggle will also be displayed, same as PC version (yes this was actually asked)

Welp, looks like there's a PS4 in my future.

Everyone that got the PS3 version gets the PS4 version by default, right?

As long as they keep that offer going beyond the first expansion it shouldn't be much of a problem I think.

Isaccard

Some people might be in for a surprise in Turn 2 the next time they enter. Reddit is reporting some stealth changes in coil for Turn 2 and Turn 5.

I've accumulated a few (totally unconfirmed) stealth changes to coil.
Turn 2 enrage now ticks in the 3000 damage range, and 33% more frequently
On Turn 5, the MT loses all threat upon entering conflag.
Conflags have less HP
Snakes have less HP
The green Divebomb indicator is larger

Good news for T5 groups if true. As for the rest, Welp...

Aeana

That conflag/threat loss thing is actually gonna screw some groups up for a bit. Fortunately we quit relying on that long ago, but it is something we did do while we were learning it.

Isaccard

That conflag/thread loss thing is actually gonna screw some groups up for a bit. Fortunately we quit relying on that long ago, but it is something we did do while we were learning it.

How is your group handling it now? If any of the above is true, it could be beneficial to other groups who rely on it now.

Aeana

How is your group handling it now? If any of the above is true, it could be beneficial to other groups who rely on it now.
A lot of Twin groups try to time conflags and death sentences so they don't hit the tank during that phase by sending the tank into them. My group just rolls with whatever timing we get (we got sick of waiting around trying to line it up long ago), and we don't have any problems healing the death sentences or anything.

The tank never goes in the conflags in our group. Unless both healers are in it. So hopefully with the less HP they can get it down faster and the tank can survive.

Apparently the turn 2 enrage still works, you just need 3 healers now. So not much of a nerf.

3 whms, specifically is what I've been reading.

When we did it that way earlier this week, we had 2 whms and a sch. If that isn't going to be viable anymore then we'll just do it the way it was intended with the mechanics.

Personally, if they were going to "fix" it they should have made the ADS pulse do 9999 and just kill everyone.

Apparently the turn 2 enrage still works, you just need 3 healers now. So not much of a nerf.

Most of the PF groups I see doing it already used 3 though. Don't know if that was just for better consistency/under geared or whatever. Lets see if most PF groups require 4 now.

Tabris

Even worse (because most of us can't hang in Turn 5 anyways), they now made Enrage mode impossible.

EDIT - Correction, apparently you just 3 WHM now.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
That conflag/threat loss thing is actually gonna screw some groups up for a bit. Fortunately we quit relying on that long ago, but it is something we did do while we were learning it.

We stopped running MT into the conflag unless both healers were in. It was a drag on building LB. Now we just heal through it like normal and even tell our tank to not use CDs to further help LB.

And LOL @ the enrage "method" getting stomped. Those baddies had it coming.

Aeana

We stopped running MT into the conflag unless both healers were in. It was a drag on building LB. Now we just heal through it like normal and even tell our tank to not use CDs to further help LB.

And LOL @ the enrage "method" getting stomped. Those baddies had it coming.
We don't do anything purposefully to build LB. We never have LB3 for snakes, but we don't need it. I expect we'll need it even less now with the snake HP nerf.

BadRNG

Just have tank eat DS and heal through it. If you can handle tank healing during twister/hatch phases, there is not much reason you can't during conflag.

Only situation I see being bad is if you get some awful timing/luck, and a DS comes while both healers are in conflag. I've never actually seen this happen but it's possible. It'd be pretty easy to counter it by having OT stand near MT, and if MT runs in during DS cast it'll bounce off like normal, then she'll target OT, but when conflag is down MT can provoke back right away.

Aeana

Just have tank eat DS and heal through it. If you can handle tank healing during twister/hatch phases, there is not much reason you can't during conflag.

Only situation I see being bad is if you get some awful timing/luck, and a DS comes while both healers are in conflag. I've never actually seen this happen but it's possible. It'd be pretty easy to counter it by having OT stand near MT, and if MT runs in during DS cast it'll bounce off like normal, then she'll target OT, but when conflag is down MT can provoke back right away.
Right, it would give the OT something to do during that phase.

The tank never goes in the conflags in our group. Unless both healers are in it. So hopefully with the less HP they can get it down faster and the tank can survive.

This is pretty much our rule. If the new details are true, I'll probably just avoid going into conflags even then, as losing all threat could pose a problem. BadRNG's suggestion is a viable alternative.

desu

Ah, the giant "move your ass" marker. Hopefully the more visually impaired groups can see it now.

Well to be honest, it can be hard to see. I remember when I started coil I had player effects and full names on, and in the 2nd divebomb phase I had trouble seeing the sign as we had 8 players over each other, 3 snakes on us and the effects of everyone in one place. Also the audio sign of divebombs is buggy or whatever you want to call it as well, since I remember quite a few times where the sound just wasn't played (I guess too many sound effects going on at the same time, I dunno).

With turning off effects/names I never had a problem again with evading.

I'm a paying customer to this game and I expect to be treated in a truthful manner when I play this game. I'm not paying so that they can say one thing today and change their minds without telling me tomorrow. If that's the way you think a business should be run, then good for you. But as a paying customer, I want to be informed of things that could potentially alter my experience in the game. That is why they release patch notes. To keep their user base informed. Why should they only put some things on it but leave out other things? If you're going to put out patch notes, put down everything that was changed.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Some people might be in for a surprise in Turn 2 the next time they enter. Reddit is reporting some stealth changes in coil for Turn 2 and Turn 5.

Good news for T5 groups if true. As for the rest, Welp...

Yeah, this is a slap in the face to everyone who used to do it this way. As someone who's not part of the 'Elitist Illuminati', it really grinds my gears that they'd nerf this without saying it in a patch note. It's hard enough to get a pug group without them throwing me out due to their ridiculous, 50+ dps standards, especially with how bad DRGs are compared to BRDs and things at the moment, or pugs' constant whinging that I should stop turning up to Coil groups pissed out of my gourd. After the death of casual content with the nerfing of Dark Devices (RIP 2013-2013 never forget) and the catering to the hardcore with the removal of Fatigue, I don't think I can honestly justify paying for this game anymore.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, this is a slap in the face to everyone who used to do it this way. As someone who's not part of the 'Elitist Illuminati', it really grinds my gears that they'd nerf this without saying it in a patch note. It's hard enough to get a pug group without them throwing me out due to their ridiculous, 50+ dps standards, especially with how bad DRGs are compared to BRDs and things at the moment, or pugs' constant whinging that I should stop turning up to Coil groups pissed out of my gourd. After the death of casual content with the nerfing of Dark Devices (RIP 2013-2013 never forget) and the catering to the hardcore with the removal of Fatigue, I don't think I can honestly justify paying for this game anymore.
A DRG should ou dps a bard, even in that fight considering that BRD's need to silence

Isaccard

I'm a paying customer to this game and I expect to be treated in a truthful manner when I play this game. I'm not paying so that they can say one thing today and change their minds without telling me tomorrow. If that's the way you think a business should be run, then good for you. But as a paying customer, I want to be informed of things that could potentially alter my experience in the game. That is why they release patch notes. To keep their user base informed. Why should they only put some things on it but leave out other things? If you're going to put out patch notes, put down everything that was changed.

Oh, you guys

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
A DRG should ou dps a bard, even in that fight considering that BRD's need to silence

I'm not sure what you're on about with silences; Ryder Croyles swears to me he never needs to silence in that fight and that I keep getting paralysed because 'you're just bad'.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I can't tell if you are trying to troll or not.
Pretty sure it's a troll; but I've seen a lot of these types in this game, so it just might be real.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I can't tell if you are trying to troll or not.
Pretty sure it's a troll; but I've seen a lot of these types in this game, so it just might be real.

Less a troll attempt and more of what I thought was a really, really, obvious if terrible joke. If someone really is decrying the Dark Devices nerf still then parody is dead.

Wait Puppy you know I'm in a static!

kierwynn

I'm not sure what you're on about with silences; Ryder Croyles swears to me he never needs to silence in that fight and that I keep getting paralysed because 'you're just bad'.

It's true though. If you get paralyzed then you clearly didn't eat enough cleaves. Obvs all your fault.

Just downloaded via Steam. Going to make a character on Ultros. GAF guild still accepting members?

Yes, we are! Just put in an app on our guildworks site and contact and officer and we can invite you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom