• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astra

Jeeze, I haven't even done 300 FATEs yet.

I did my first FATE a couple of hours ago, and it was fun. Only a low level one, so I am looking forward to the high level content.

I always hate the beginning, it's such a drag.

I'm also in love with the main menu music.

I doubt I have even done 100 FATE's...perhaps on my alt.

And it seems like Eorzea is rainier than usual, SE wants us to know we can look wet now or something?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I doubt I have even done 100 FATE's...perhaps on my alt.

And it seems like Eorzea is rainier than usual, SE wants us to know we can look wet now or something?

Shroud Zones has been raining left and right, I only seen the sun once

I'm @2211/3000 FATE's at the moment, I lost 1.5 month of not doing class leveling, so my FATE whoring subsided and with the recent Dungeon XP buff, FATE's are a rare premium these days
I still love doing them from time to time

I had 1,000 FATE's by the first week in FFXIV, I used to lead the banner here on this thread about FATE's

All these Master's Rings went straight into the Armoire
A little too late for hunting log rewards no?

GraveRobberX

They've really done everything they could to obsolete CT in 2.2.

Well CT was suppose to be in at the start

So it was just a Raid that was given to us way to f'n late with the delay

Right as PS4 version goes live, people will bypass and catch up more quickly to others who already have farmed and finished this content

I mean people who joined in after 2.1 got to stuff their face with an assload of Philosophy tomes
So hitting 50 and going directly to full DL in a short amount of time feels faster progression wise

I remember when I had to go get my DL for BLM and PLD, it took me 110 CM's
That is what people ran, now just doing 1 DR Main Scenario nets you 300Phil and Beastmen Dailies can average you from 30-75 Philosophy
They're just giving away Philosophy, soon it will be the same for Myth
When 2.4 drops (if there is such a thing) most likely the new Allagan Currency will become the give away currency and something else will take it's place

Ken

With the addition of the new currency I hope they apply some stuff they learned from myth tomes in regards to caps and acquisition aka please don't be a giant and slow grind from the start.

With the addition of the new currency I hope they apply some stuff they learned from myth tomes in regards to caps and acquisition aka please don't be a giant and slow grind from the start.

I'm sure they have learned their lesson, hopefully. Hopefully we have more than enough sources to gain this new currency.

Aeana

I don't know why they wouldn't keep the cap low. The point is to keep people playing for a long period of time. Make the cap higher and people will be done sooner than if the cap is lower. I expect 2.2 to be like 2.0, and then 2.3 will come and bring more sources and a higher cap like 2.1 did.

Ken

I don't know why they wouldn't keep the cap low.

Because it feels terrible to have to wait 3+ weeks just to get a single piece of armor.

:(

I kind of wish they added one more type of (current max ilevel armor) that you can grind out for as quickly or as slowly as you want, like the dumb armor from Karma vendors in GW2. I guess I don't want my only upgrade paths tied down to weekly caps, so I can always feel like I'm working towards an ugprade after I've finished capping tomes or running Coil for the week.

Stupid question, perhaps: can you dye unique armor now? Last I played back in October or November you could dye regular armor, but if I remember correctly, any armor that had a unique name was undyeable and you were stuck with whatever color palette it came with.

GraveRobberX

Stupid question, perhaps: can you dye unique armor now? Last I played back in October or November you could dye regular armor, but if I remember correctly, any armor that had a unique name was undyeable and you were stuck with whatever color palette it came with.

Still can't

Yoshida from Siliconera Interview said:
For artifact we are not planning to allow for color changes at first. We don’t want to destroy the image of artifact armor, but we’d like to do this in the future.

Still got my fingers crossed :(

K.Sabot

Awesome, came back to the game after 2 weeks to our FC having a house!
I5dN04C.jpg
Music is great!

Oh and a warm thank you to those of you who gave me tips as SMN, was able to increase my dps by a nice margin against Twin today. Sadly our group is still on snakes phase but with more dps, we should be able to get through!

WolvenOne

Wow, servers are horrible tonight. Just tried Ifrit EM with some pugs and GAFers, and not only was gameplay jerky as heck, *micro lagbursts all over,* but multiple players couldn't be Raised correctly, *including myself* because he'd be taken to a black loading screen for 20-30 seconds first.

Thankfully I think we all saw the writing on the wall without wasting too much time. Huge shame, since I would have at least liked to have gotten in some practice.

Ixian

On my server, there is currently a Party Finder group looking for 2 BRDs, 3 WHMs, and a SCH for turn 2 enrage. I will miss seeing stuff like that when it's reverted. :(

Aeana

Until now, it's been really nice that groups aren't usually looking for extremely specific setups. Most people aren't excluded just based on what job they are, or aren't. I really don't like seeing it now. It reminds me of FF11.

Oh and a warm thank you to those of you who gave me tips as SMN, was able to increase my dps by a nice margin against Twin today. Sadly our group is still on snakes phase but with more dps, we should be able to get through!

Yeah you did great. I'm not surprised that snakes are giving us trouble. Almost everyone says it is the toughest part of the fight to get down. Might be a good opportunity for us to get through considering the temporary accidental nerfs turn 5 has right now.

black loading screen for 20-30 seconds first.

Myra was having this exact same problem today while we were fighting Twintania!

Naar

Actually they did make an improvement here, they made it so that the targeting reticule doesn't have to be tied to the camera any longer. You can hold down R1 and move the left stick (I think it is) to move it around. Yes it also pops a useless cursor but it didn't seem to affect the battle at all and to be honest I hardly noticed it. Hopefully it's something they will fix though.

For the person who asked about zooming in and out on PS3: Hold down L1 and move the right stick up and down.

While that is good news, the old method didnt bother me at all. But its not the method that's bothering me, but the mouse cursor that pops up is what bothers me since I am on PS3 and have no use for it.

I main SMN and about every 30 seconds i have to press select + O after every shadowflare. its annoying and i didnt have to do that before

I think the take-home message from today's adventure with unintentional nerfs is that they really are coming and Squenix is experimenting with them right now on their test servers. So if your group is planning on beating Twintania "before the nerf" you'd better plan on doing it before 2.2 is released.

Semper88

Can't wait to play the Beta tomorrow on the PS4!

Decided not to buy it for the PS3 last year because i'll get annoyed by the performance of the PS3.

so as a soon the be new player, any tips?! :D

oh yea, when the beta ends and the PS4 version ends i'll be making a Marauder/War.

Naar

OK so i found a solution for not having mouse cursor pop up any time you do an AoE on PS3

enable virtual mouse > drag cursor all the way to bottom of screen > disable virtual mouse

Virtual mouse = press L2 + R3

You can now cast aoe and even press select to enlarge text box or whatever you want and the cursor wont pop up anymore :D

Hope this helps others

Isaccard

Those unintentional changes effectively halted and sped up progression for people doing T2 Enrage/T5.

With the myh cap being removed, though T4 might be puggable (by a wider margin) in 2.2 and face roll T5 with echo buff

dramatis

Because it feels terrible to have to wait 3+ weeks just to get a single piece of armor.

:(

I kind of wish they added one more type of (current max ilevel armor) that you can grind out for as quickly or as slowly as you want, like the dumb armor from Karma vendors in GW2. I guess I don't want my only upgrade paths tied down to weekly caps, so I can always feel like I'm working towards an ugprade after I've finished capping tomes or running Coil for the week.
They are adding new gear available through crafting to 'bridge the gap' I think, so maybe there will be alternatives? Just bring your stuff to Bara and let him expend his blood and sweat for 0 gil.

OK so i found a solution for not having mouse cursor pop up any time you do an AoE on PS3

enable virtual mouse > drag cursor all the way to bottom of screen > disable virtual mouse

Virtual mouse = press L2 + R3

You can now cast aoe and even press select to enlarge text box or whatever you want and the cursor wont pop up anymore :D

Hope this helps others
I actually tried aoe skill yesterday on PS3, and did not get the mouse cursor going on at all. Someone earlier already suggested you check in settings, no? From the patch notes:
Control Settings (in Character Configuration)
>Target Tab
>>Ground Targeting Settings (Gamepad Mode)
>>>Target Ring
* When playing in Gamepad mode with Locked to Cursor selected, the mouse can also be used for ground targeting.
Just check if you have Locked to Cursor selected, and if you do switch it to something else or turn it off.

Number45

Is there a way to get the controller config on PS3 so that I'll strafe when targeting? Actually managed to die in almost my first foray into combat (a fate popped up), pretty much because I struggled with mobility.

I guess I can just run back and cast while on the move? Used to playing WoW on PC so it seems odd not strafing (even if it feels natural on the controller). Hopefully I'll get more play time tonight to work it out.

dramatis

Is there a way to get the controller config on PS3 so that I'll strafe when targeting? Actually managed to die in almost my first foray into combat (a fate popped up), pretty much because I struggled with mobility.

I guess I can just run back and cast while on the move? Used to playing WoW on PC so it seems odd not strafing (even if it feels natural on the controller). Hopefully I'll get more play time tonight to work it out.
Turn off automatic lock on. That means your targeting cursor should NOT look like this:
1e50acf08461e355e3e5d4736391ba3f787720f1_29.png

If you don't have that, you should be able to move any way you want. Even with that lock on it's possible to strafe.

If you're playing thaumaturge/conjurer/arcanist though, you aren't supposed to be moving while casting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom