• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone do me a favor and make an avatar out of this?

I tried, but MS Paint won't keep the background transparent.
semttulo1tihc.png

There you go

Kenai

If the leader is the one trolling you're fucked

You're relying on one person who got appointed randomly to be responsible. It's just as bad as only letting this random person initiate a vote kick or anything else.

Except you know who is doing it, and can vote kick them the same as if it labeled who started the ready check. Since only one person per group can do it you don't have to worry about multiple people trolling, or more then one person deciding that they think there should be a legitimate ready check at the same time. The party leader really doesn't have that much of a purpose right now as is. There is no loot system, and stuff like this is given to everybody in the party.

frequency

Another game only lets the leader initiate ready checks and it works pretty well there. I think it would work here too unless the FFXIV:ARR player base is so much worse than that other game.

suzu

Annoyed that I can't throw some of the older event gear into the armoire yet. D:

Can toss the new hunting log achievement rings in there though.

Kenai

I just did the Ifrit fight and I really love the enemy designs in this game. Ifrit looks menacing as hell.

Ifrit is by far the most boring of the three too (at least until EX mode). You're in for a treat with the other ones (assuming they don't kill your face or something).

Ifrit is by far the most boring of the three too (at least until EX mode). You're in for a treat with the other ones (assuming they don't kill your face or something).

Yeah the fight itself wasn't amazing but has me looking forward to the others, especially with how good the story is getting. I never got as far as I would have liked in XI but it certainly feels like they carried over the quality of writing from that to XIV.

grimmiq

I haven't played in months, is anyone able to rank jobs by how much they're wanted for endgame content? My DRG is my most geared but when I last played it sucked trying to find a group for T1.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I haven't played in months, is anyone able to rank jobs by how much they're wanted for endgame content? My DRG is my most geared but when I last played it sucked trying to find a group for T1.

Tanks and healers are always in demand. DPS, not so much.

With the latest changes MNK and DRG are the highest DPS. However; each group usually only wants 1 melee. (2 at most)

dramatis

Man trust me, its happening to everyone using a PS3. 1/2 my FC is PS3 players and they all got the cursor. I even asked on different LS's and got same response.

And those 2 options dont get rid of the mouse cursor. It also pops up when you move pet as well. But like i said, the virtual mouse takes care of the problem for now
I double checked, and I am still targeting like previously, without the cursor showing up. My "Character Configuration > Control Settings > Target tab > Ground Targeting Settings (Controller Mode) > Target Ring" is set to "Unlocked (R1 + Left stick to Move)". There is no "target self" option.

Jomjom

Banned
Can anyone confirm that the PS4 version will allow you to switch to normal hotbars instead of cross-hotbars?

I just want to make sure nothing's changed since the last time I asked. I'm hyped for the beta today even though I don't get to play my character!

i was wondering why my stuff barely sold this week. what's wrong with people, have they all quit the game? then it hit me.

people are playing raitoningu right now.....

this fanbase. they're all liars.

Ken

What are the basic BRD rotations?

/macroicon "Heavy Shot"
/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>
/ac "Misery's End" <t>
/ac "Bloodletter" <t>
/wait
/ac "Misery's End" <t>
/ac "Bloodletter" <t>

Mash that. Keep up DoTs, Straight Shot, and use up Straighter Shots. Use buffs when needed. Throw in Blunt Arrows and the leap back shot whenever safe.

AmyS

[for the PS4 Beta]

I cannot get rid of the grayed-out SE account ID that I made last night, no matter what I do.

Deleting cookies in the normal PS4 browser (you know the WWW app) does not work.

Even deleting the FFXIV install, then re-downloading everything, also does not work.

my SE ID is still there, damnit.

Obviously they purposely made this whole process not really easy to do, and very, very exacting so that not every kid and his brother and friends with a PS4 could try the beta unless they do everything exactly right, with one chance to do it. LOL

Waiting for SE to respond to my email....

we need a FAQ or something, for starting over, if that's even possible....

/macroicon "Heavy Shot"
/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>
/ac "Misery's End" <t>
/ac "Bloodletter" <t>
/wait
/ac "Misery's End" <t>
/ac "Bloodletter" <t>

Mash that. Keep up DoTs, Straight Shot, and use up Straighter Shots. Use buffs when needed. Throw in Blunt Arrows and the leap back shot whenever safe.
So basically I open with Inferno Arrow, put up Straight Shot and the DoTs and mash that, right?

And I thought BRD couldn't sound easier. Thanks

Sophia

[for the PS4 Beta]

I cannot get rid of the grayed-out SE account ID that I made last night, no matter what I do.

Deleting cookies in the normal PS4 browser (you know the WWW app) does not work.

Even deleting the FFXIV install, then re-downloading everything, also does not work.

my SE ID is still there, damnit.

Obviously they purposely made this whole process not really easy to do, and very, very exacting so that not every kid and his brother and friends with a PS4 could try the beta unless they do everything exactly right, with one chance to do it. LOL

Waiting for SE to respond to my email....

we need a FAQ or something, for starting over, if that's even possible....

You can't get rid of it because it means your PlayStation Network account is linked with that specific Square-Enix account. Nothing you do will unlink it, as it is an irreversible process.

Cheddahz

Banned
I need some help. I just started playing this on my PC and for some reason, my character automatically moves to the left and I can't find anything to fix it (I'm playing with my keyboard and mouse)

EDIT: I just exited the game and got it fixed

AmyS

You can't get rid of it because it means your PlayStation Network account is linked with that specific Square-Enix account. Nothing you do will unlink it, as it is an irreversible process.

Ah, k thanks, dang.

Maybe SE will respond to my email, guess only they can reset the password now. but I doubt they'll get back to me.

Sophia

Ah, k thanks, dang.

Maybe SE will respond to my email, guess only they can reset the password now. but I doubt they'll get back to me.

They should be able to reset the password with sufficient proof of ownership. If you own a physical copy, be prepared to have the product key from the box ready.

AmyS

They should be able to reset the password with sufficient proof of ownership. If you own a physical copy, be prepared to have the product key from the box ready.

They did when I actually made a phone call. Yay. Reset my password. The install / launcher thingy updated.

Now just have to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom