• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubius01

I'm just disappointed that you can't mix and match different class equipment for glamors. That means my dream of a Yda dress up is gone :(

WolvenOne

I wonder if the music in The Lost city of Amdapor will continue to play throughout or will it just play that same battle music over and over. lol

I'd settle for a short theme that replayed at key portions of the dungeon, such as after clearing bosses and entering new sections of the dungeon. I mean if they can't make it replay throughout, it IS an awfully nice tune. XD

Paprikka

I wonder if the music in The Lost city of Amdapor will continue to play throughout or will it just play that same battle music over and over. lol

Edit: They added new veteran rewards. :eek:

That aetheryte ticket...

Players in possession of an aetheryte ticket when using Teleport will not incur a gil fee.
This item will be consumed upon use.

Surely it doesn't mean you just get a single free teleport, saving you a couple hundered gold at most?

Paprikka

Thinking about it, I suppose it could also mean it's consumed by adding it to a character, meaning it's permanently in their possession, giving them free teleports forever. But never having to pay any teleport costs again seems way too good and just the opposite extreme. I don't know what to think.

Free teleports forever would be way too good to be true. I can see Maple's suggestion.

If it WERE free teleports forever, I'm so resubscribing for the max amount.

Wilsongt

It's probably like a minion. You use it once and then it becomes account bound, that way it won't be taking up an inventory slot or something.

Stuart444

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is"

Is how I see this 'free teleport'.

So yeah, it's probably just one single use teleport. Wonder what I'll use it on... maybe a free trip to Gridania or something.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT4| Must have cleared, will queue for OT5 to check.

Also this one is great. I vote for this one!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I will admit, I don't know if I'll ever bother getting into endgame. Combo of Sticking-to-the-script necessary battles, limited drops, and the totalitarianism of people in regards to "Know everything/Be Cleared/Don't suck", really turn me off on the whole thing.

Things like that made me never do much End Game stuff in XI, nor camp those damn NM's.

Making it through CoP before it was Nerfed, really made me dislike other people, because some acted in that "don't suck" manor, and not even on the obvious mistakes. Any tiny thing missed turned into drama, and I wonder how bad things get in XIV's endgame.

I write all this, though, without know much about any of the EndGame quests, as I'm just now getting to Stone Vigil in the story.

Any idea on how far through the available Main Storyline that is?

I will admit, I don't know if I'll ever bother getting into endgame. Combo of Sticking-to-the-script necessary battles, limited drops, and the totalitarianism of people in regards to "Know everything/Be Cleared/Don't suck", really turn me off on the whole thing.

Time to make some friends, man! Make a learning party, or find some friends who want to learn it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
1 good thing is the drastic color changes coming into the game with new gear

Most of the new stuff won't get drowned out by older gear, the variety and style will be awesome to see in MD soon

I love that they're bringing back one of the two beatiful old bridges in the 1.X Coerthas for the Gilgamesh fight. I remeber thinking years ago that it would be an amazing stage for a suposed Gilgamesh battle... <3.

Back in the day they were so long, so beatiful and so... unused :S (like 70% of the old maps)

FFXIV_Gargoyle_Crossing.png

It's in fact not the bridge to Ishgard, but the Griffing Crossing, that connected Coerthas Central Highlands with Coerthas Eastern Lowlands (the gate to the bridge etill exists in ARR, but is closed at the moment. It's at the southwest of the map).

Jinko

Things like that made me never do much End Game stuff in XI, nor camp those damn NM's.

Making it through CoP before it was Nerfed, really made me dislike other people, because some acted in that "don't suck" manor, and not even on the obvious mistakes. Any tiny thing missed turned into drama, and I wonder how bad things get in XIV's endgame.

I write all this, though, without know much about any of the EndGame quests, as I'm just now getting to Stone Vigil in the story.

Yea this is no different its prob worse in many way, many people won't even consider you if you don't have a maxed gear score.

And it seems nobody has any patience either.

Of course if you can find a group of decent people willing to form a static the experience is completely different.

Mr. RHC

2.2 will be the perfect opportunity for me to get back into the game, gonna make some Coil progress as well!

But first things first..

0yi5idr.png

aceface

I wouldn't sweat it. I suck pretty bad yet people still run stuff with me and don't complain too much. There's definitely a lot of leeway among players I've found for learning new endgame battles. Just make it clear you are learning and don't go into those super exclusive party finder parties.

Stone vigil is the last of the required dungeons before you get to the two that end the 2.0 story. I'd say you are about 75% through at this point if you count the stuff they added to the storyline quests with 2.1.

Riposte

To repeat: Would you guys like me to refresh the GAF roster google doc (after archiving the old one)? This would mainly be done for the sake for a second major launch (and removing the trial only players from the last launch). I'm by no means a regular player so I'm not sure what the community in this thread wants; it would involve having to get everyone to post on it again.

Ken

To repeat: Would you guys like me to refresh the GAF roster google doc (after archiving the old one)? This would mainly be done for the sake for a second major launch (and removing the trial only players from the last launch). I'm by no means a regular player so I'm not sure what the community in this thread wants; it would involve having to get everyone to post on it again.

Not sure if anyone still uses that, TBH so I probably wouldn't worry about it.

Sophia

Yea this is no different its prob worse in many way, many people won't even consider you if you don't have a maxed gear score.

And it seems nobody has any patience either.

Of course if you can find a group of decent people willing to form a static the experience is completely different.

This isn't true at all. As long as you're willing to put the minimum amount of effort in, most groups won't care too much. Joining a good FC helps too.

Don't have the attitude of a defeatist, put some effort into learning the fights and your character, and you can pretty much do anything except Turn 5 without a coordinated group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom