• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Wonder if that's AF2?

just throwing out ideas. if you start having to ask for things to do it might be time to take a break is my opinion.

I have things to do, I'm currently busy trying to help various people through the Extreme Primal fights. That's a lot of fun and it's good practice for me. XD

I'm just wondering if there's something I could be doing in addition to this.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Ventures? Okay somebody clue me in, what are those supposed to be exactly?

Most likely you can level up you retainer, as you saw in 5 level blocks
You send them on missions, and you get rewards, they get XP for going on said mission aka Ventures

So if you have nothing to sell on the MB (just guessing here), send your Retainers out to get you shit + level them up
It's like the Assassin Creed mechanic of sending out your Assassins to go do stuff for you, but you won't get to call them to help out, due to them being on the mission

Looks like you can choose to give them gear and choose which playstyle
Cause that kitty was rocking DL MNK stuff

Some of those new crafted equips look like recolored and retextured dungeon gear, which I'm quite alright with. I have a friend that's been farming Brayflox for a Battlemage's Robe, and the trailer looked like it had something similar during the recipes section. If its iLvl is comparable to a better alternative stats-wise, NQ versions could sell just for the sake of Glamours.

Aeana

Based on what Yoshida said in the Famitsu interview, you can designate a job for your retainer and equip it. Based on the job, they can bring back different kinds of items. It's kind of like the pub quests from FFT.

Noi

A friend of mine is going nuts over the recolored Battlemage/Foestriker for Vanity. At least now he has a reason to level the crafting jobs.

Sophia

Based on what Yoshida said in the Famitsu interview, you can designate a job for your retainer and equip it. Based on the job, they can bring back different kinds of items. It's kind of like the pub quests from FFT.

Yup, you can see that in the trailer if you pause it quickly. Seems to be only classes (not jobs) however. There's also an option to reset it too.

GraveRobberX

Ventures: took screencaps

3x5Djky.png

xxIG4si.png

xAg1wDA.png

WolvenOne

Whoa, just noticed something while watching the Trailer a second time. The characters depicted during the Bahamuts Second Coil section, are totally sporting the new Allagan sets. XD

GraveRobberX

Whoa, just noticed something while watching the Trailer a second time. The characters depicted during the Bahamuts Second Coil section, are totally sporting the new Allagan sets. XD

We already seen some of those sets during LL when 2.1 was coming...

knmGOHv.jpg

Most of the new crafted recipes look like lower level dungeon gear just upgraded a little
I see foestriker, battlemage, cavalry sets slightly twerked to differentiate themselves
Great to see Tin Can armor is back for tanks.... FML!

Might just grab AF 2 + Allagan 2 and bypass that monstrosity

WolvenOne

We already seen some of those sets during LL when 2.1 was coming...

knmGOHv.jpg

Most of the new crafted recipes look like lower level dungeon gear just upgraded a littleI see foestriker, battlemage, cavalry sets slightly twerked to differentiate themselves
Great to see Tin Can armor is back for tanks.... FML!

Might just grab AF 2 + Allagan 2 and bypass that monstrosity

I've seen that before, it's why I was able to recognize the Allagan sets in the trailer. Looks like they've tweaked the designs slightly for the final game. Not sure I really like the Allagan Tank set to be honest, but it's at the very least, "interesting."

Besides, the Allagan-1 Tank set grew on me with time.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sooo that new mysterious character... They're going to be the bunny race right?

GraveRobberX

Sooo that new mysterious character... They're going to be the bunny race right?

Key important item... If SE announces Fantasia can be bought for like 500-1000 Crysta (say $5-$10), then yes they will most likely be Vieras

Tomat

Key important item... If SE announces Fantasia can be bought for like 500-1000 Crysta (say $5-$10), then yes they will most likely be Vieras
I wonder of they would actually monetize the fantasia upon release of the race or if they would give out another fantasia with the next expansion (Heard that's when we'll see a new race, not sure if that is correct though).

Eithe way, tempted to hang on to mine until then.

GraveRobberX

I wonder of they would actually monetize the fantasia upon release of the race or if they would give out another fantasia with the next expansion (Heard that's when we'll see a new race, not sure if that is correct though).

Either way, tempted to hang on to mine until then.

I have mine also lol

Saving it just cause to see if a new race would suit me better...

Yoshida said they would look into it, to offer Fantasia as an extra purchasable item

Tomat

Surprised they haven't done it already. Seems like a no brained and free money.

GraveRobberX

[did the trailer show any new blm gear?

All I could find was Allagan 2 Set in the trailer

Looks like Black and Gold scheme for casters

Yy6ztHf.png

So far Allagan 2 from those LL confidential side are matching up

Found this hilarious:

SF2xp6k.png

Then realized they activated the jump pad lol

nubbe

I guess The Ultimate Weapon was challenging when the game was released.
The group I was with dropped it like a rock without taking a scratch

GraveRobberX

I guess The Ultimate Weapon was challenging when the game was released.
The group I was with dropped it like a rock without taking a scratch

Time + Strategy streamlined over months = Cakewalk

1st week people died to Aetherial Boom III so many times, then using tank LB3, defated and help overcome that, in the mean time people got geared out for roughly 3 month on 450myth to get ilvl85+ easily to just steamroll certain content

Whenever they release Ultima Extreme, then the headaches will start anew

What excites me the most is the new Coil turns and Leviathan. I really want a Leviathan summon now.

First time where Leviathan is made out to be a major threat, been looking forward to this for awhile.

Ruins of Amdapor looks like they really put some work into it, I approve.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Gilgamesh's on the bridge to Ishgard at the end there. I wonder there's any significance to that.

Only that you always fight Gilgamesh on a bridge. =P

Trailer looks okay. Only interested in the story campaign though, which looks okay. Hope to see some good things out of it. Rest looks like stuff that will get incredibly old and tiresome quickly (besides Coil). No faith in crafted gear.

Xux

Only that you always fight Gilgamesh on a bridge. =P

Trailer looks okay. Only interested in the story campaign though, which looks okay. Hope to see some good things out of it. Rest looks like stuff that will get incredibly old and tiresome quickly (besides Coil). No faith in crafted gear.
You can't even access that bridge, though. The story seems kind of interesting even though it's weird we have foreign city representatives before we've been to all of Eorzea. I'm gonna laugh if the thing the Sahagin elder was talking about is the Key from the 1.0 story.

nubbe

OMGOMGOMGOMG

you can quick synthesise with every crafting class when you hit 10 with one of them

this changes EVERYTHING

GraveRobberX

OMGOMGOMGOMG

you can quick synthesis with every crafting class when you hit 10 with one of them

this changes EVERYTHING

You only get roughly half the XP though, so your wasting opportunity if your trying to level

Quick synthesis is good if you need to make a certain material that you will synth into something else (mostly higher) and don't care for the XP penalty

If you are say BSM it will be in your best interest to slowly craft say iron ingot one at a time and try to push as much quality out of it and synth it to maximize XP
If you are like 20+ levels ahead in BSM and need say 15-20 iron ingots, then you can you just quick synth to get the item faster to use for your purposes

Also never ever quick synth and use HQ materials

aceface

I think for most of this new stuff, I'm going to wait the couple of weeks to do it on PS4. Those water effects on Leviathan will probably make the PS3 chug but will look glorious on PS4. FFX HD coming out next week will give me something to play in the meantime.

Alex

They'll probably wind up criminally underutilized, like the 2.1 dungeons, but the new 2.2 dungeons look wonderful. The presentation on Lost City of Ampador is bonkers for a patch dungeon.

dcye

They'll probably wind up criminally underutilized, like the 2.1 dungeons, but the new 2.2 dungeons look wonderful. The presentation on Lost City of Ampador is bonkers for a patch dungeon.

Theres new tomestones coming which will probably only drop from those dungeons and new coil, there's no way they won't be on constant farm.

GraveRobberX

Theres new tomestones coming which will probably only drop from those dungeons and new coil, there's no way they won't be on constant farm.

If the 2.2 dungeons and their gear are even i95+, those dungeons will be farmed to high heaven to slot in all pieces for a job

Allard

/dead

But where's AF2? Not coming until 2.3?

Think Yoshida mentioned in either the live letter or an interview that AF2 was coming this update but only 3 of the 5 pieces will be made available at the start for each job. If that is still the plan then it would make sense why they weren't showcased since they weren't a complete set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom