• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Man awesome music and new monsters EVERYWHERE.

I need to get my ilvl up even more and hit up coil like yesterday. I've never spoiled myself on seeing the first few turns, but damn. PSO vibes / the best parts of FFXIII all over.

Also really happy the Leviathan battle puts strong waves into action.

Glad they brought back some of the better 1.0 battle themes. Especially what was played during Halitali (Beneath bloody banners), such nostalgia from the first few FFXIV tracks revealed.

I remember when everyone thought that it was going to be the standard battle theme.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
ss_05.png

Ahhhh I need it.

WHM:

ss_06.png

PLD:

ss_04.png

We are getting into some silly, silly weapon sizes now. I mean, we already have (Titan weapons) but that sword is just dumb. It's taller than he is. Slowly approaching Tera-like silliness now.

Sophia

Reasonably sized swords are overrated anyhow. I want a sword twice as tall as my Lalalfell
so my raid can actually see me in the middle of a fight.

Wilsongt

Y'know, I gotta say, even though the DL cowels are shit, I live for the DL gloves. I wouldn't mind glamoring my summoner gloves to be the DL gloves because they look quite badass with the Crimson Vest.

WolvenOne

Some of the weapon designs are a smidgen over sized, but I don't mind too much. Dual Haken is the only weapon that size really bothers me, and that's only because it's so big that the axe clips through the shoulder when drawn.

Allard

Some of the weapon designs are a smidgen over sized, but I don't mind too much. Dual Haken is the only weapon that size really bothers me, and that's only because it's so big that the axe clips through the shoulder when drawn.

Nice thing about the vanity system going into place is if people don't like the designs of the new weapons they can easily replace the graphics to something else. Looking forward to the new crafted gear too even though its just reskins of the calvary/battlemage set + the mage and melee set from the lvl 15 dungeons. It will be nice to have those pieces of gears in a different colors (dyes) paired with the glamour system. Really like some of the Brayflox sets.

WolvenOne

Nice thing about the vanity system going into place is if people don't like the designs of the new weapons they can easily replace the graphics to something else. Looking forward to the new crafted gear too even though its just reskins of the calvary/battlemage set + the mage and melee set from the lvl 15 dungeons. It will be nice to have those pieces of gears in a different colors (dyes) paired with the glamour system. Really like some of the Brayflox sets.

Yeah, it'll be nice to have options if X, Y, or Z set/weapon isn't your cup of tea.

kiryogi

Banned
Well, looks like there's a treat for 1.x players if not more. .
. Van Darnus is back. . . Be interesting if he's the final challenge for this set of coil.

Kintaro

Well, looks like there's a treat for 1.x players if not more. . .
Van Darnus is back. . . Be interesting if he's the final challenge for this set of coil.

Spoilers...

He was back before. End of Turn 5 cutscene. Neither character noticed him.

Teknoman

Spoilers...

He was back before. End of Turn 5 cutscene. Neither character noticed him.

I seriously need to get in there. Ugh Labyrinth of the Ancients tank body and pants drop!

I know the lockout wont matter for the first 5 turns after this patch, but how did it work in the first place? Was it just an item drop lockout like CT?

Pollux

Is it still possible for someone to get in on this?

I don't have a PS4 yet, and won't be getting one until August at the earliest, but how's the community on PS3? Do I need to have some type of keyboard or mic to be able to really play the game on PS3?

Kintaro

I don't have a PS4 yet, and won't be getting one until August at the earliest, but how's the community on PS3? Do I need to have some type of keyboard or mic to be able to really play the game on PS3?

Keyboard would be helpful I suppose and its still pretty easy to get into. If you wanna play, go for it. =)

Teknoman

Keyboard, and servers are universal. Everyone plays with everyone, regardless of platform.

BLCKATK

Man awesome music and new monsters EVERYWHERE.

I need to get my ilvl up even more and hit up coil like yesterday. I've never spoiled myself on seeing the first few turns, but damn. PSO vibes / the best parts of FFXIII all over.

Dude, if you like PSO you are going to love the Binding Coil. The whole raid screams Seabed/Episode 2 type stuff, its great.

Pollux

Keyboard would be helpful I suppose and its still pretty easy to get into. If you wanna play, go for it. =)

Haha I really want to get into it. I played for a bit during the free month when it first came out on PS4 and enjoyed it. I'm just too damn busy right now to justify getting into an MMO. I've been tempted for a while now, and that urge to just jump in is getting stronger...

Kintaro

Haha I really want to get into it. I played for a bit during the free month when it first came out on PS4 and enjoyed it. I'm just too damn busy right now to justify getting into an MMO. I've been tempted for a while now, and that urge to just jump in is getting stronger...

The GAF crew on Ultros are pretty cool and helpful so if you ever hop in, you'd have people to talk to and help out.

Uthred

Enjoyed the game for a few months at release but left shortly before 2.1 as I was a bit bored with the end game grind, I'm just wondering with 2.1 and, shortly, 2.2, is there much more to do at end game or is it the same Grind Phil -> Grind Myth -> Coil/Extreme Primals?

Teknoman

Dude, if you like PSO you are going to love the Binding Coil. The whole raid screams Seabed/Episode 2 type stuff, its great.

Yeah im really looking forward to it.

Also on EX King Mog (may he drop his exalted weaponry for all), I thought you guys were just joking about it last night :p

EDIT: looking at Hali again, is that a Catoblepas?

6:30 when he opens the door you can barely see him standing in the back.

I see him...but that seems a little anti-nael. Kinda low key lol.

WolvenOne

Enjoyed the game for a few months at release but left shortly before 2.1 as I was a bit bored with the end game grind, I'm just wondering with 2.1 and, shortly, 2.2, is there much more to do at end game or is it the same Grind Phil -> Grind Myth -> Coil/Extreme Primals?

There's certainly a lot of, "little," things to do, but you just listed off the more major activities. Your mileage in this game is going to depend entirely on how quickly it'll take you to get through these difficult fights.

That battle music that started playing when they were showing off Halatali/Brayflox hard mode... Hopefully they continue to bring back more of the 1.0 tunes.

Cmagus

Hmm at the very end of the trailer when they show Gilgamesh where is that area? It looks like a giant bridge could it be the bridge to Ishgard? it certainly looks like it.

We are getting into some silly, silly weapon sizes now. I mean, we already have (Titan weapons) but that sword is just dumb. It's taller than he is. Slowly approaching Tera-like silliness now.

I prefer weapons I can see my character wielding. The thing that annoyed me the most about the Bravura was how small it was, it looked like a Botanist's Axe. The Garuda's Scream and Dual Haken look like real videogame killing people axes.

Also, that sword still isn't as big as Cloud's Buster Sword. So we still have room for sword size inflation until they reach FF size standards. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom