• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

Quick question about Darklight accessories for a DRG.
Do I go for the Striking gear with more Crit than ACC or do I go for the Maiming stuff which is the other way around (in anticipation or Coil where ACC actually matters?)?

If any weavers need more diremite web, hit up those QuarryMill leves...they often reward them. I will share any extra since I spammed leves until I could make linen stuff since I can gather flax easily.

WolvenOne

I'm expecting 2.1 to hit roughly around the same time Lightning Returns releases. So, around Nov 24th or so, which would translate into two live letters.

Here's a WP speedrun post-patch I saw on Reddit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRRaUh5uQJQ

Seems like everythings legit and it's done in just over 10 mins. I figure an average relic group could probably do it in 13 to 15 if you skipped the lockout trick for the last trash pull before the second boss. In that case, WP is better than anything else right now for Philo and for Myth.

Definitely need a geared group for this kinda thing though. And probably at least a BLM or a Bard, since you need quite a bit of AOE dmg. Still looks sweet though, and I'm so tired of AK that sprinting through 3 groups of mobs then AOEing them down looks like paradise.

KeRaSh

I'm a little bored at work so I crunched some numbers and compared my current gear with Darklight stuff and determined which upgrade gives me the biggest bang for my bucks.

Current equipment for base reference: Corner Pressure

Excel sheet:
YHOgc40.png

I basically weighted the STR bonus twice as much as the VIT bonus and divided by the price of Tomes for each piece (multiplied with 100 and cut off after second decimal for easy readings). The other stats are are not included in the formula.

Since I'm still not sure wether to get Striking or Maiming accessories, I left out their second tier stats.

I'm tempted to get the Leg piece first since that STR+8 and VIT+9 boost looks very appealing but the belt is definitely a worthy choice, too.
Might go with legs > belt > body > head > hands = feet and see what AK drops for me.
After I'm done with the left side I will fill up my accessories with Darklight stuff.

Looks like the this is what the maintenance and update was for. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/97920-EU-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-A-Realm-Reborn-Hot-Fixes-%28Sep.-27%29?p=1442543#post1442543

[EU] FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Hot Fixes (Oct. 17)

The following feature has been implemented.
- A maximum limit has been placed on the number of players who can be in one area.
* If you attempt to move into an area which has already reached its maximum limit, you will receive a message saying you cannot enter that area. Should this happen, please wait awhile and try again.

The following issues have been addressed.
- When leaving the Duty Finder under certain circumstances, the player sometimes became undetectable to monsters.
- In the Amdapor Keep instance dungeon, monsters would become immobile under certain circumstances.
- After the 2.05 patch, players would occasionally receive the “90000 Error” or “Square Enix Account Authentication Error” and be disconnected from the server.

When Odin pops, it will be a race to find out where he is and teleport into the zone before everyone else does and you are denied entrance.

I would laugh if the limit was low enough that you wouldn't physically have enough players and parties there to LB Odin before he Zantetsuken's and wipes everybody.

Ken

I would laugh if the limit was low enough that you wouldn't physically have enough players and parties there to LB Odin before he Zantetsuken's and wipes everybody.

Probably, especially with level 20~30s already in the area minding about their own business.

you can dl the patch now 75 mb

Alright I got my synthesis solver into a state where I feel like I can call it alpha. Feel free to download it and give it a try.

Hope some people here find this useful and give me some feedback.

Awesome, thanks for taking the time to make this! I gave it a shot and it's pretty useful, but I don't have some/all of the crafting skills at 15 yet... so maybe add an option somewhere to choose which crafts you have level'd up so the program won't suggest skills you don't have?

Looks like complete shit tbh.

I agree. I don't normally have much interest in MMO PvP anyway, so maybe it's not for me but I'm just not seeing the appeal here.

Nobody does nearly enough damage, I feel like a single healer could heal through most damage from players pretty easily. The GCD is way to long for stuff like interrupts to be that big a deal, and melee is at a gigantic disadvantage because you don't even need to kite them it seems, it's pretty much a crapshoot to dps something running away from you regardless of the speed, at least it's like that for mobs. Add in sprint and cc effects and I can't see how melee would ever deal any damage to a player in this game.

On top of that I really don't see what the tanks bring to the table for PvP either, and constant LoS shenanigans are going to shit on any kind of BLM dps.

I foresee a bunch of Bards with healers running around shooting each other going ring around the rosie with LoS trying to kill the other team's healer until the thing times out.

I'm a little bored at work so I crunched some numbers and compared my current gear with Darklight stuff and determined which upgrade gives me the biggest bang for my bucks.

Current equipment for base reference: Corner Pressure

Excel sheet:
YHOgc40.png

I basically weighted the STR bonus twice as much as the VIT bonus and divided by the price of Tomes for each piece (multiplied with 100 and cut off after second decimal for easy readings). The other stats are are not included in the formula.

Since I'm still not sure wether to get Striking or Maiming accessories, I left out their second tier stats.

I'm tempted to get the Leg piece first since that STR+8 and VIT+9 boost looks very appealing but the belt is definitely a worthy choice, too.
Might go with legs > belt > body > head > hands = feet and see what AK drops for me.
After I'm done with the left side I will fill up my accessories with Darklight stuff.

You are putting way to much thought into something that is really simple, and you will find that out when you start doing ak. You will be loaded with gear before you know it, as well as all the tomes you can eat. As for your DL gear path something to think about is the hit cap, which is somewhere around 400-420 for everything not coil, and around 460 for coil. You will be riding the lower cap pretty fast when you start getting gear, so much so that the Peltast pants from AK are actually better for dps then darklight until you start running coil.

If you want to put thought into things, think a little higher up to myth tome gear. Something you will have to balance against if you are doing coil, what gear is feasibly available to you though coil, and what of the myth gear is better then what you can get from coil. For instance, the allagan chest and pants for DRG are from turn one I believe. However the 825 myth tome AF2 chest is better itemized while the same ilvl for you then the allagan chest. Then there are things like how the boots and helm are better from allagan, but they are from deeper in, so may not be realistic to assume you will get them anytime soon.

Basically, get in the game, get a primal weapon, start running ak, and work from there. Will take 2 weeks to even start thinking about first myth item, and possibly 3 if you are going for the relic+1 right out the gate.

frequency

My subscription finally started (I'm a 1.0 player who purchased ARR CE so I had some extra free time). In Mog Station, it doesn't show how many days I have remaining anymore. Is that normal?

It just says
Entry
Payment Method : Credit Card/Debit Card
Continued Automatically

Before it would tell me how many days were left.

KeRaSh

You are putting way to much thought into something that is really simple, and you will find that out when you start doing ak. You will be loaded with gear before you know it, as well as all the tomes you can eat. As for your DL gear path something to think about is the hit cap, which is somewhere around 400-420 for everything not coil, and around 460 for coil. You will be riding the lower cap pretty fast when you start getting gear, so much so that the Peltast pants from AK are actually better for dps then darklight until you start running coil.

If you want to put thought into things, think a little higher up to myth tome gear. Something you will have to balance against if you are doing coil, what gear is feasibly available to you though coil, and what of the myth gear is better then what you can get from coil. For instance, the allagan chest and pants for DRG are from turn one I believe. However the 825 myth tome AF2 chest is better itemized while the same ilvl for you then the allagan chest. Then there are things like how the boots and helm are better from allagan, but they are from deeper in, so may not be realistic to assume you will get them anytime soon.

Basically, get in the game, get a primal weapon, start running ak, and work from there. Will take 2 weeks to even start thinking about first myth item, and possibly 3 if you are going for the relic+1 right out the gate.

Really?

Peltas Breeches:

Strength +16
Vitality +18
Critical Hit Rate +24
Skill Speed +17

Darklight Trousers:

Strength +20
Vitality +22
Accuracy +19
Determination +18

I find it hard to believe that STR+4 and Determination +18 is outweighted by Critical Hit Rate +24.

My only source of information on DRG stat weight is from the Dragoon: A Rotation Reborn thread over at the SE forums:

Weapon Damage: 7.54
Strength: 1
Determination: .22
Crit: 0.16
Skill Speed: .146

According to that, both STR and Determination are ranked higher on the list and both are higher on the Darklight Leggings. (7.96 vs 6,322)
Am I missing something?

orion434

Jade Nephrite is finally at a point where I feel comfortable crafting HQ Hard Hippogryph Leather / HQ Vanya Silk with my Leatherworker / Weaver. Is there even a market for these items? On the Ultros Server there is none or 1 on the market at any given time and I really don't have an idea of what they should sell for? 700K for a listed HQ Vanya Silk?

My favorite part of Crafting is learning a new recipe and realizing that I was previously paying WAY too much for the item on the Market Board, I tend to give this stuff away to friends for FREE!

In the coming week I'm going to give discounts to GAF FC members on HQ Rose Gold Nuggets / HQ Darksteel Nuggets, if I unloaded all my inventory on the Market Board I'd crash it! I can't sell the Nuggets faster than I collect the Ore... unless I severly undercut everyone :(

KeRaSh

Jade Nephrite is finally at a point where I feel comfortable crafting HQ Hard Hippogryph Leather / HQ Vanya Silk with my Leatherworker / Weaver. Is there even a market for these items? On the Ultros Server there is none or 1 on the market at any given time and I really don't have an idea of what they should sell for? 700K for a listed HQ Vanya Silk?

My favorite part of Crafting is learning a new recipe and realizing that I was previously paying WAY too much for the item on the Market Board, I tend to give this stuff away to friends for FREE!

In the coming week I'm going to give discounts to GAF FC members on HQ Rose Gold Nuggets / HQ Darksteel Nuggets, if I unloaded all my inventory on the Market Board I'd crash it! I can't sell the Nuggets faster than I collect the Ore... unless I severly undercut everyone :(

Hello friend... :p
Sounds like a first world problem. My brother is currently is the situation where he is pretty much broke, doesn't know how to maky any money without quests and has no money to efficiently level a crafting class without first having to grind through a gathering class.

dramatis

I generally use the history of sales to determine a good selling price. Sometimes the current market price I feel is too ridiculous and I actually sell what I have at a much lower price even if there's demand at a higher price D: Of course this is a bit stupid but I'm ok with that.

Just pop a few on the board at a time. Consider it like a DoT, that you'll get more money selling it over a period rather than unloading all at once.

Also gimme your unwanted stuff >_>

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Stop mining the gold ores with me lol

Always run into each other

I have to unload like 1,000 Gold Ores.... >.>;
(Not joking I have enough gold ore + sand to create a fucking gold castle and a gold sandy moat around it)

Outside of the popular fate grind hubs like quarrymill, fates all over the world are ghost towns lately. Reminding me of RIFT when players stopped doing the rift invasions because after a while they had earned all the rewards offered in those specific zones. I hope this isn't something that gets worse, as it's killing a good way to formerly level up new classes, now feel like being forced into fate grind groups.

Cowie

Alright, so what are folks doing for the last stretch of Wanderer's Palace with the Tonberry Stalker if your group isn't capable of burning them down before he gets to you? I've run into problems where people just run up the stairs when I pull the first two tonberries, causing the Stalker to spawn.

Is there a good place to hide? Should I run back to the 2nd boss's room?

Am I missing something?

No, it seems I am. Missing a month to be exact, for when the updated stat weights were added. I was still going off the ones that use to be in the op there, posted on page two of that thread, and floating around a few other websites. Reading though to see what caused the change now, but you are correct.

That being said something to think about is how close the pants are when compared to ones that cost so many tomes, so it still may be better not rushing for the pants first. All depends on what you get while running AK of course, so the advise to just get to running it stands.

KeRaSh

No, it seems I am. Missing a month to be exact, for when the updated stat weights were added. I was still going off the ones that use to be in the op there, posted on page two of that thread, and floating around a few other websites. Reading though to see what caused the change now, but you are correct.

That being said something to think about is how close the pants are when compared to ones that cost so many tomes, so it still may be better not rushing for the pants first. All depends on what you get while running AK of course, so the advise to just get to running it stands.

Yeah, I will definitely consider multiple options based on the drops I get from AK but it was fun to at least theorize about potential effectiveness based directly off the stats.
It would probably make even more sense to use the stat weight and apply it to my formula but I'm way too lazy to do that since, like you already said, it comes down to my luck during AK runs anyways. :)
Thanks for you input, though. I always appreciate someone taking the time to write down their own experiences.

Alright, so what are folks doing for the last stretch of Wanderer's Palace with the Tonberry Stalker if your group isn't capable of burning them down before he gets to you? I've run into problems where people just run up the stairs when I pull the first two tonberries, causing the Stalker to spawn.

Is there a good place to hide? Should I run back to the 2nd boss's room?

If you stack in the corner on either side of the last little room the stalker will just pat into the room and back out. As in hug either the left or right wall as you walk into that room with the tonberries guarding the last door, and go right for the first corner, away from said tonberries. Can drag the group after the tonberries on the stairs to that corner if you want. May or may not cause you to agro the last set of tonberries though, I don't recall. Someone can also just lead the stalker back to where ever if he is ever getting close, but ymmv depending on how good the person is at that.

orion434

Stop mining the gold ores with me lol

Always run into each other

I have to unload like 1,000 Gold Ores.... >.>;
(Not joking I have enough gold ore + sand to create a fucking gold castle and a gold sandy moat around it)

It's like a drug, I can't stop mining, I have HQ 400 / 800 Standard Darksteel / Gold Ore. That's enough to make 400 if Each Nugget :)

I generally use the history of sales to determine a good selling price. Sometimes the current market price I feel is too ridiculous and I actually sell what I have at a much lower price even if there's demand at a higher price D: Of course this is a bit stupid but I'm ok with that.

Just pop a few on the board at a time. Consider it like a DoT, that you'll get more money selling it over a period rather than unloading all at once.

Also gimme your unwanted stuff >_>

I don't know if the history should be taken seriously, I can list something like this for say 500K tell my friend to buy it, the trade him the Gil he paid me for it for it, it will then show that it was sold for that amount ( minus taxes ) but it really wasn't, hell I've never tried but can you buy off the Market Board... from yourself?

Hello friend... :p
Sounds like a first world problem. My brother is currently is the situation where he is pretty much broke, doesn't know how to maky any money without quests and has no money to efficiently level a crafting class without first having to grind through a gathering class.

If you want quick Gil at low levels, Harvest Lightning / Earth Shards... they are lv 1 and they usually sell for 40 - 60 Gil each and Everyone needs them, that's like 25K per hour. There are very few ingredients I buy, mostly fishing stuff, some skins and Fleece... such a high premium for Fleece!

Torquill

you don't need 2 tanks or 2 healers for prae lol
You missed my point; I wasn't talking about completion, but a guarantee of watching CS unmolested. The fact you state is why I don't claim you only need one tank or one healer, but why you need both. For example, if you get 2 healers also watching cutscenes then you are no risk of the group rushing ahead without you. If you only have 1 healer with this assurance, they may rush ahead with the other.

I don't know if the history should be taken seriously, I can list something like this for say 500K tell my friend to buy it, the trade him the Gil he paid me for it for it, it will then show that it was sold for that amount ( minus taxes ) but it really wasn't, hell I've never tried but can you buy off the Market Board... from yourself?

Seems like the tax would be quite a price to pay to attempt that. Think it may be hard to really determine the price of those items because of their circumstances. Being at most slightly better then easier to get gear makes it so it is only people with an embarrassment of wealth would really shoot for them. All the people that I have physically seen with the HQ of that gear on also had a lot of 50 crafts, so I assumed likely made it themselves.

Well that was a lot of wasted words to basically say that I have no idea what the going price would be, nor an easy way to find out a happy maximum. Good luck!

Cowie

If you stack in the corner on either side of the last little room the stalker will just pat into the room and back out. As in hug either the left or right wall as you walk into that room with the tonberries guarding the last door, and go right for the first corner, away from said tonberries. Can drag the group after the tonberries on the stairs to that corner if you want. May or may not cause you to agro the last set of tonberries though, I don't recall. Someone can also just lead the stalker back to where ever if he is ever getting close, but ymmv depending on how good the person is at that.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

N.A

Banned
This was during Beta Phase 4, i.e. for shits and giggles. But I certainly hope Squenix will balance the PvP just a tiny bit beyond what you see here before it's released in 2.1. Because what is seen in this video is Tera and Aion levels of balanced PvP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZr2coYAt4w

This was purely for testing latency and server load. Every class will have unique PvP skills separate from their PvE skills.

I'm not saying PvP will be great (I personally have very little interest in it) but that video in no way represents what it will be like.

KeRaSh

It's like a drug, I can't stop mining, I have HQ 400 / 800 Standard Darksteel / Gold Ore. That's enough to make 400 if Each Nugget :)

If you want quick Gil at low levels, Harvest Lightning / Earth Shards... they are lv 1 and they usually sell for 40 - 60 Gil each and Everyone needs them, that's like 25K per hour. There are very few ingredients I buy, mostly fishing stuff, some skins and Fleece... such a high premium for Fleece!

Well, in FFXI people sold rare and pricey items to themselves to show up in the history so people know how much the seller is asking for. Back then you had to bid blindly and based on the sales history.
This time around I'd say ask yourself what you expect and then find out if people are willing to buy at that price.

Ultrabum

Really?

Peltas Breeches:

Strength +16
Vitality +18
Critical Hit Rate +24
Skill Speed +17

Darklight Trousers:

Strength +20
Vitality +22
Accuracy +19
Determination +18

I find it hard to believe that STR+4 and Determination +18 is outweighted by Critical Hit Rate +24.

My only source of information on DRG stat weight is from the Dragoon: A Rotation Reborn thread over at the SE forums:

Weapon Damage: 7.54
Strength: 1
Determination: .22
Crit: 0.16
Skill Speed: .146

According to that, both STR and Determination are ranked higher on the list and both are higher on the Darklight Leggings. (7.96 vs 6,322)
Am I missing something?

I agree with you. Primary stat is so important for dps, I don't even look at the other stats unless primary stat is equal. however, vit is pretty important for some things like Titan.

Valonquar

guys I have a doubt

should I spent my tomes on hero's accessories or on AF2?

currently i have a full DL set minus the accessories

You should save up myth until you have 900. Most will agree your first 900 should go to upgrading your relic weapon to +1. After that it seems to go in different directions.

It's likely that Crystal tower will drop iLVL 80 gear to fill the gab between DL & Allagan/AF2.

Teletraan1

Banned
Outside of the popular fate grind hubs like quarrymill, fates all over the world are ghost towns lately. Reminding me of RIFT when players stopped doing the rift invasions because after a while they had earned all the rewards offered in those specific zones. I hope this isn't something that gets worse, as it's killing a good way to formerly level up new classes, now feel like being forced into fate grind groups.

I feel like the non popular FATE spots were always ghost towns but the popular ones are now less packed. Now if you are 10ms late on a NM you can actually get a single attack on them before they die. While it may be 0.000001% less xp per hour I actually prefer to be part of the kill rather than just traveling from FATE to FATE feeling like I did nothing to actually contribute. For me that is when the boredom and loathing sets in. I had fun in Aleport/Switfperch yesterday really early with maybe 10-16 people moving from fate to fate. Everything died quickly and I leveled really fast. Still level way faster in this game just on "dead" fates than a lot of MMOs on the market.

KeRaSh

Asked and answered :p

Not what my brother wanted to hear but the shard selling thing could be for him.
I'm very interested in Gathering to support my carpentry at some point when I'm well into endgame stuff.

I agree with you. Primary stat is so important for dps, I don't even look at the other stats unless primary stat is equal. however, vit is pretty important for some things like Titan.

I personally look at the stats and am actually bummed if my upgrade ditches determination or critical hit rate for something as useless as skill speed but at the end of the day, primary stats are king and that's how I have always decided what to wear.

You should save up myth until you have 900. Most will agree your first 900 should go to upgrading your relic weapon to +1. After that it seems to go in different directions.

It's likely that Crystal tower will drop iLVL 80 gear to fill the gab between DL & Allagan/AF2.

sorry forgot to mention that already have my relic +1 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom