• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mileena

Banned
Don't know why people are still speed running Prae and CM now that AK and WP got a tome boost.I guess that was Square's aim to cut the speedrunners

WP is awful, AK takes long unless everyone is geared. Prae is still the fastest way to get 100 tomes and I have no clue regarding CM, what a shitty dungeon.

Weapon. It's a significant boost overall plus weapon damage is the major booster for DD classes.

unless +1 only adds 1 to your damage like BRD :|

I think I'm gonna get ring next.

Alucrid

Banned
I'll drop until I find reasonable people to play with. Putting up with inconsiderate jerks that would ruin the main reason I play the game at all hurts me more than waiting in queue again.

I'm not sure why it's wishful thinking to expect people to think about others. It's not a rampant problem on the JP side of things as it is in NA/EU.

A toggle would be nice indeed. But I'm very disappointed in the community that we need it at all.

why not just spend some time putting together a group on your server rather than queuing for groups and instantly leaving?

WP is awful, AK takes long unless everyone is geared. Prae is still the fastest way to get 100 tomes and I have no clue regarding CM, what a shitty dungeon.

How often do prae runs hit sub 20 mins?

Shouta

not for bard

Didn't someone figure that 1 WD is like equivalent to 7-8 of your main stat or something? Combined that with the additional stats, it's still not too bad looking, I think.

MNK doesn't have to worry though. 2 WD and extra stats over standard Spharai. =o

Mileena

Banned
I don't have those kind of friends, and I don't want to be one of those RELIC FULL AF2 NO PS3 ONLY shouters in town so.... 25 minutes is good enough for me.

Didn't someone figure that 1 WD is like equivalent to 7-8 of your main stat or something? Combined that with the additional stats, it's still not too bad looking, I think.

MNK doesn't have to worry though. 2 WD and extra stats over standard Spharai. =o

yea I think you're right. I prob would have gone with relic+1 first but I just had to have the BRD hat. style >>> all

where is my Optical Hat, I need my pointy hat back SE

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
90k while crafting pretty much killed my drive to level weaver for now.

I just now got another one. That makes three today, and six yesterday. I hope the maintenance tonight gets rid of it cuz my patience is wearing thin.

studyguy

It scales upwards with primary damage stat.
The higher the primary stat, the greater the WD output.
In the end it comes to the same point,
not getting through Twintania

Alucrid

Banned

I forget the intricacies of the calculation but the AF+1 body for bard was found to be much better than the relic+1 because it only has +1 WD.

studyguy

I forget the intricacies of the calculation but the AF+1 body for bard was found to be much better than the relic+1 because it only has +1 WD.

It does outweigh it for bard, iirc, but not by much. Either way, the way the damage is calculated for skills the way work out, both primary bonuses and WD scaling to goes hand in hand.

BadRNG

The most effective Cool Down defense Warriors have is, Vengeance and Bloodbath, used in conjunction. One turns all your attacks into HP Leaching Attacks, the other puts up an automatic counter to all attacks used against you. The net effect is that 50-80 HP is canceled out on all attacks used against you. It's unfortunately more effective against large mobs than bosses, and the effect doesn't last quite long enough.
Yeah, going to disagree. Vengeance and Bloodbath only gets good returns when there are lots of enemies. So basically trash. For bosses that are actually a threat, Vengeance is better used as a wrath builder during phases where you need to use IB but Infuriate is on cooldown.

I'd say our strongest defensive cooldown is also our strongest offensive one, Berserk. Combine it with IB, and preferably Inner Release, and you can get some great returns. Make sure Storm's Eye and Maim are up of course.

The gear/HP you listed on last page should be good for Titan. There will still b OH SHI- moments though, and really this is a test on your healers. Even if you play perfectly you gotta accept that there's not much you can realistically do to mitigate the kind of damage he puts out in post Heart phase.

Best thing to do is to learn his rotation, get it down by heart, so you can always be preparing for the table flip. Get used to how much damage you take from it and find a reliable minimum HP needed to survive. If you are not at that threshold then IB or Thrill. If you're a bit lower than usual a little bit before use Convael to help healers get you topped off. Healing after a flip can be helpful, but there is a slight lull in attacks there and generally speaking surviving the flip is much more important than healing after it.

No matter what happens, you will eventually run out of cooldowns, and at that point all you can do is trust your healers. Personally, I found the bigger cooldowns like Berserk'd IB or Thrill were best used for the MB that comes after bombs, as that is likely your healer's busiest time and they may not be able to top you off. In comparison the one that kinds after gaol is a pretty peaceful time - as peaceful as Titan gets at least.

Hope that helps some. I don't really keep up with everything in this thread, so if you have any questions (and are on Ultros) you can whisper me in game. Name is Krael Bastion.

chrono01

I need just a few more Tomes of Philosophy before I have my full DL set. I have the AK neck/ring/earrings with my DL wrist/ring. I also have Garuda's weapon.

My goal is to get that last remaining piece and finally start HM Titan. I've been watching a lot of videos of the battle, but I know that can only take you so far. I look forward to it either way. If, at the very least, I'll have some nice music to listen to [Titan's theme].

Torquill

It's incredibly easy to make sure you have a good CM or Prae story experience. You don't need to find 7 other people. You just need 2 tanks or 2 healers :)

Just hit level 37 on Goldsmith.

Is Flawless Synthesis as completely useless as it seems? Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something as it seems like an incredibly lackluster ability for being level 37.

Guess I should add that I have Careful Synthesis II as well so maybe that's why it seems so pointless.

teiresias

Ugh, I really need to get off my butt and get Stone Vigil done so I can proceed with the story. I've logged in about ten times in the past week intending to ask the FC if anyone wants to do it, but then just not really wanting to be online and I'll just log off. I guess I'm just stressed from the whole shutdown thing and can't concentrate. Hopefully with that resolved, and me back to work, I'll get on doing that this week . . . or I'll actually start a gathering or crafting job which I have yet to do. We'll see.

scosher

Prae has a serious problem with this. I know I'm not the first to quasi-"defend" speedrunners, but the fact of the matter is that Prae is wayyyy longer with cutscenes included. I know this because my early runs were full of speedrunning dbags, and lately I have become on of those who accompanies new 50s on CS runs, and the time difference is like night and day.

With CM, there's really no reason to rush cutscenes as they're so short, and often even a DF party will be willing to wait on new players. But with Prae, there is no amount of "play nice, guys" that is going to keep people from flooding Duty Finder demanding speedruns. And the current "countermeasures" of fresh 50s dropping parties or watching CS while everyone runs ahead only hurts the new players. And saying group X or Y should just not use DF at all is wishful thinking at best.

A toggle for CS/no-CS runs of dungeons is going to be the only solution in the long run. I'm honestly shocked it wasn't in the hotfix.

There is another solution. They could just take out tomes completely from CM and Prae and leave them as story instances.

But as a countermeasure, so they don't end up in the same fate as Cape Westwind, CM and Prae could award upwards of 250 tomes so long as someone in your party has not completed the instance. They already have this feature in-game anyway with xp bonuses.

*I wonder what I need for a Vanya robe..*

9 Potashes

HELL NAW

It costs less tomes than the darklight chest armor

that darklight stuff is so ugly, imo..

of course, it means you need a hat, since the Darklight cowl is a head/body combo, but I think my AF+1 hat will do fine for that purpose.

Alucrid

Banned

of course, it means you need a hat, since the Darklight cowl is a head/body combo, but I think my AF+1 hat will do fine for that purpose.

Eh, I think I'll just wait until I can nab the robe from coil and then gather up the mats for the hat.

Isaccard

You'll pay out the nose for the materia to slot it though

You'll pay out the nose for the materia to slot it though

yeah, that's true. Materia prices can get pretty crazy.

I only got the Vanya robe because I didn't want to wear darklight. (I hate all of the two-slot armor pieces.. the tank one looks the worst, though.. like a damn can opener.)

Mandoric

Banned
Just hit level 37 on Goldsmith.

Is Flawless Synthesis as completely useless as it seems? Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something as it seems like an incredibly lackluster ability for being level 37.

Guess I should add that I have Careful Synthesis II as well so maybe that's why it seems so pointless.

You can sub it and breeze through 1-30 on other jobs. It also ignores the level-based penalty to completion if you're going for a stretch synth.

Alucrid

Banned
how often does any run hit under 20 minutes? you must be getting lucky with groups

17754480252836380672_praow.jpg

A bit sloppy with a gimped bard

should i level a monk...

Do you like Allagan?

gatti-man

Any way to test if my VRAM is running low in this game? I have a 7970 and get odd hanging and crashing in revanants toll after being on for a few hours. Run at 2560x1600

Ultrabum

Most fun to play (my opinion).

You can Silence things, which DRG can't.

Your dark-light legs are a subligar (OP as hell obviously)

Your damage scales well into the endgame, and the class has a very high skill ceiling so there is usually room to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom