• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koeta

I swear I have been able to copy text from in game to out.. but it doesn't seem to be working, is there some sort of trick to getting it to copy ?

Mashing

Lost all my progress in Relic quest (I was up to Titan). Apparently I abandoned the quest at some point (I think it was when I was attempting to leave a DF). I had to start over on the quest. I'm posting a bug report on SE forums, but I don't expect anything to come of it. A 40k mistake. Be sure you do not abandon your relic quest in a DF. I've been told if you abandon it while in the world proper (not a DF) then you can pick it up where you left off (by design so an alt class can pick up the quest). Just keep this in mind GAF.

Aeana

Lost all my progress in Relic quest (I was up to Titan). Apparently I abandoned the quest at some point (I think it was when I was attempting to leave a DF). I had to start over on the quest. I'm posting a bug report on SE forums, but I don't expect anything to come of it. A 40k mistake. Be sure you do not abandon your relic quest in a DF. I've been told if you abandon it while in the world proper (not a DF) then you can pick it up where you left off (by design so an alt class can pick up the quest). Just keep this in mind GAF.
Someone else in our FC did this too. :( People felt bad and helped him recover, was a nice bit of rallying.

Squalltdx

Today was the first time I had to directly deal with a bad attitude from another player. Everything's going great, we get to 2nd boss and that person ends up dying and we wipe. In comes an insult. Must have sent a bad vibe cause we end up wiping 2 more times. In comes some more insults and telling me how to do my job. I didn't say a word and we eventually cleared the boss. I just couldn't stay after though because it pissed me off and I left. I needed to get away for a minute. Sucks because the other 2 were fine, but that one person, ugh.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I'm conflicted about that. On one hang being that picky about gear for WP is absurd. On the other hand he did craft you a new accessory.

I can understand him.
I keep a stack of gems and electrum in my bag and obsessively craft jewerly for basically anyone i meet.

I mean, what the hell is up with people using statless L9 rings when running AK? :(

Alucrid

Banned
is allagan monk gear tied to monks or any dow class? i'm the pld in my static so unless it is i can't really roll on it. and even then idk if my static is cool with me rolling on stuff for other classes.

Monk only. There's no other 50 Monks there but me though, so everyone's nice enough to pass on it. It just seems to drop like candy for us sometimes.

dramatis

Ugh, I really need to get off my butt and get Stone Vigil done so I can proceed with the story. I've logged in about ten times in the past week intending to ask the FC if anyone wants to do it, but then just not really wanting to be online and I'll just log off. I guess I'm just stressed from the whole shutdown thing and can't concentrate. Hopefully with that resolved, and me back to work, I'll get on doing that this week . . . or I'll actually start a gathering or crafting job which I have yet to do. We'll see.
Should be feeling better now!

i think the biggest fight i've fought in this game is my inventory as a culinarian. holy shit, so much stuff to shift around. i have a knot in my brain. i'm too cheap to throw anything away. so it's my inventory, the maids and the marketplace. my inventory could solo titan any day.

the short dabbling i did as a leatherworker felt like vacation. pretty straight class.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Got two main pieces of my DL gear tonight. Going to try and get the chest piece tomorrow when servers are back.

BLCKATK

Man I am so bummed that Turn 5 is down this week. Wanted to try to figure out more of the mechanics of the fight. Ah well, time to work on SCH relic.

Item Box

"PST Tramain" is not a secret!
okwiththis6poz7.png

as long as i dont get any more tells
Someone else in our FC did this too. :( People felt bad and helped him recover, was a nice bit of rallying.

image.php

image.php

image.php

Mupod

I got through almost my entire relic quest today, started at turning in the melded weapon and now I'm ready for Titan. Chimera and hydra were easy with gaf, but I can't exactly tank titan in AF so I put them off until today.

Fight doesn't seem complicated as a tank, other than cycling cooldowns and dodging bombs. I'll still probably suicide the duty finder once or twice before trying to make my own group. And I want to get one more piece of darklight first, I'm only 20 tomes short.

First time one of my last-second run attempts before maint didn't work out. Normally I get a few Garuda kills just as the server is about to go down but not today!

Alright I got my synthesis solver into a state where I feel like I can call it alpha. Feel free to download it and give it a try.

Here's the latest screenshot:

I had to add fields for manual entry of the Recipe Level, Durability, Quality, and Difficulty parameters since I cannot find that information in any database online. Still working on it.

One of the biggest things holding me back from releasing an alpha earlier was that the memory consumption of the app was extremely high, and it took a really long time to analyze. In an effort to reduce the memory usage, I accidentally improved the speed by close to 60% while simultaneously reducing memory consumption by 80%. Oops! Not complaining though :)

Anyway, give it a try. Currently it only supports a subset of actions (mostly the ones that are level 25 and below), but I'm actively working on it, so I hope to make more releases quickly.

I actually think the quality of the results is fairly good. I did a few test runs with the default parameters (see the above screenshot for what the default parameters are). Here's the sequence of actions recommended by the tool during those, assuming I choose Success / Normal every single time.

Depth=6
Solved 478,173 states in 3.32 seconds.
Steady Hand
Standard Touch
Manipulation
Standard Touch
Standard Touch
Standard Touch
Basic Synthesis
Basic Synthesis
Hasty Touch
Basic Synthesis
Basic Synthesis

Final CP=16
Final Quality=721
Final Durability=30

Depth=7
Solved 2,487,482 states in 9.98 seconds.
Steady Hand
Standard Touch
Standard Touch
Standard Touch
Hasty Touch
Standard Touch
Master's Mend
Basic Synthesis
Basic Synthesis
Basic Synthesis
Basic Synthesis

Final CP = 12
Final Quality=721
Final Durability=30

Depth=8
Solved 8,126,280 states in 19.65 seconds.
Rapid Synthesis
Manipulation
Steady Hand
Hasty Touch
Standard Touch
Standard Touch
Hasty Touch
Standard Touch
Standard Touch
Basic Synthesis
Basic Synthesis

Final CP = 16
Final Quality=794
Final Durabilty=30

Depth=9
Solved 15,185,219 states in 29.64 seconds.
Rapid Synthesis
Manipulation
Hasty Touch
Steady Hand
Standard Touch
Standard Touch
Hasty Touch
Standard Touch
Hasty Touch
Standard Touch
Basic Synthesis

Final CP = 16
Final Quality=867
Final Durability=20

A couple of things to note are that:

a) The Final CP is always low at the end, which means the tool is making good use of CP
b) The Final Quality gets higher with each additional level of Depth, which means that the basic algorithm is working.
c) The time taken increases logarithmically, which means that you get the biggest bang for your buck from those depth levels between 6 and 8.

Hope some people here find this useful and give me some feedback.

chrono01

N'uadha Tia.

Cat Viking, hooooooooooo!
Haha, so it is you?

I'm still trying to learn the GAF/LC members names since many [myself included] don't match up. That was definitely a close run, it was a lot of fun though. Nothing quite like beating a dungeon with mere moments to go.

WolvenOne

Haha, so it is you?

I'm still trying to learn the GAF/LC members names since many [myself included] don't match up. That was definitely a close run, it was a lot of fun though. Nothing quite like beating a dungeon with mere moments to go.

Yeah, thats me, and yeah that was definitely an intense run. XD

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Alright I got my synthesis solver into a state where I feel like I can call it alpha. Feel free to download it and give it a try.

Hey man, I remember you from P&D OT. :)

This seems really neat and like it has a lot of potential. Pretty much all I do is craft so I'll try it out tomorrow.

:) Likewise. I'm glad I quit that game!

lol. Me too, had a crazy obsession there for a while but successfully kicked it. At least FF XIV only costs me $12 a month.

Hey man, I remember you from P&D OT. :)

This seems really neat and like it has a lot of potential. Pretty much all I do is craft so I'll try it out tomorrow.

:) Likewise. I'm glad I quit that game!

Edit: On that note, now that I have a release out, maybe I'll play the damn game for a while :) Feels good

Edit 2: NOOOOO. Maintenance. FML

Kokonoe

Banned
What are you referring to exactly?

I thought they planned to release 2.1 in November? It'd make sense with the PS4 release and the supposed DX11 patch too.

Letter from the Producer here

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...roducer-LI-(10-16-2013)?p=1441401#post1441401

More details will be revealed during the upcoming LIVE letters. I'm planning to host one every month up until the release of 2.1, and I hope you tune in to all of them!

And that’s all from me for today. See you again on October 19, at the ninth Letter from the Producer LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom