• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
32288068C508088F85309F0EB45E5BBB41CBDF83

13 min run. Could do better if my Bard was better geared.

dark_chris

So is Titan HM actually possible using the DF? (assuming not everyone is fully geared) I cannot see how it can be done without 3 healers..

Did it with a party formation as a tank, two healers and the rest dps.

I've heard of one hardcore group did it with one healer, one tank and the rest tanks.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Got paid 60k each to craft four Vanya pieces. Piece #4: 90k error during the silk craft, had to rebuy the potash for her; made nothing. FML

Baliis

If by second adds you mean the sisters the best way to handle it is to kill the first set and LB the second. Some will say the third but you shouldn't be getting to the third honestly.

Hey now, I was in a DF group that managed to wipe on the FIFTH set of adds. I don't even know what that group was doing.

DarkKyo

Ugh.... Garuda HM duty finder parts are god awful. I downed her once today but tried with four separate parties. And this is as a DPS with a 30-40 minute queue time. Brutal...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ouch, might be wise to stop crafting high $ items until they get this 90k thing worked out.

I thought it was over, but apparently not for me. :(

That said it wasn't the ol' 90k + auth combo I've been getting the last two days, just a regular 90k. And if it'd been a couple crafts later (Breeches of Casting) I'd have lost 27 tome mats instead of 9, so it could be worse.

Anyone had any experience with a player named Lord Garuda from Spike Flail on Ultros?

I'm not one to really complain about other players, but i couldn't believe how verbally abusive he was to my partner and her FC in an Aurums Vail (there first time in no less, and the run went rather smoothly i'd say). She saved the chat logs of it and wants to report him, but i'd just like to know if anyone else has had a run in with him first.

I've heard that their GM is a moderator on Reddit and every post that gets put up about their FC (regarding paid titan runs, price fixing etc.) just gets deleted right away. The player and FC just seem so negative to the community of Ultros.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Anyone had any experience with a player named Lord Garuda from Spike Flail on Ultros?

I'm not one to really complain about other players, but i couldn't believe how verbally abusive he was to my partner and her FC in an Aurums Vail (there first time in no less, and the run went rather smoothly i'd say). She saved the chat logs of it and wants to report him, but i'd just like to know if anyone else has had a run in with him first.

I've heard that their GM is a moderator on Reddit and every post that gets put up about their FC (regarding paid titan runs, price fixing etc.) just gets deleted right away. The player and FC just seem so negative to the community of Ultros.

Many of us have run into him... Hell, we even tried to run coil with him once. He is a terrible player and person. One of the worst people I have ever met on this game.

He has been booted from many guilds. He is in a different one every week it seems.

Vossler

So, I've been stuck for the past week at Titan, with DPS' that freak out in the third phase, wiping the run....any suggestions as to how to get past this and get me mah Gae Bolg? Every pickup group I roll with someone either DCD's, or gets us killed in the third phase. I'm in a smallish FC, was wondering if GAF would be able to help?

I was hugely amused by the speedrunners in Prae rushing ahead of me while I watched a cutscene (bloody hell, those are too long at times), especially when they wiped on a boss because they left me (the healer) and the other tank behind. Suffice to say, they didn't do that ever again.

gatti-man

So, I've been stuck for the past week at Titan, with DPS' that freak out in the third phase, wiping the run....any suggestions as to how to get past this and get me mah Gae Bolg? Every pickup group I roll with someone either DCD's, or gets us killed in the third phase. I'm in a smallish FC, was wondering if GAF would be able to help?

Titan HM is soul crushing. Every group I'm in just has some random mistake late in the fight. It's like nut punch the boss fight. Last night I finally get a strong group with only 1 guy who isn't good. We get him down to 15% or so and a tank and healer dc. Do it again and 2 different guys dc during the heart. I mean I love that titan is a skill check but ffs it can be very frustrating for off hours layers.

You misunderstood him. He meant that they went the path that led to the boss using rot, gravity, and ballast.

Yeah, it sounds like we've been taking the path to ADS HM this whole time without realizing it. While I feel it's awesome that we were awesome enough to take down ADS in HM, if there's an easier route we can take I'm all for trying it. Chain Lightning is not fun as WAR, remember that one run where we had him at 10% and he CLed me from nearly full HP to OHKO me?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Been getting suspicious activity lock-outs on my account, forcing password changes.

Have just changed my ISP this past week or so, maybe thats it, but had to install this roundabout Security Token app. Hassle.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Here is what you have to do if you are confident in your own abilities:

• Spam pick-up groups and find others that can dodge and know the fight well
  • Add them to a linkshell
  • once you have 8 people, kill Titan

gatti-man

Been getting suspicious activity lock-outs on my account, forcing password changes.

Have just changed my ISP this past week or so, maybe thats it, but had to install this roundabout Security Token app. Hassle.

You want to use a security token. Trust me.

That's not a small amount of work given schedules and just finding 8 people who need the fight continuously.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I assume all this faffing about logging in has cost me my daily Darksteel Ore pickup? (1:15AM) Still not entirely sure how these unspoiled nodes work at all.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
That's not a small amount of work given schedules and just finding 8 people who need the fight continuously.

Nobody said it was easy, keep adding and adding until you find 8 people online at once.

The good thing about this method, is you have a pool of people in which to form a static coil group with afterwards.

Vossler

Tis a good idea, in a few endgame linkshells but still haven't be able to form a good group....will take this advice and search for the frustrated relic seekers like myself.

Victrix

*beard*
It took me two weeks to get a group capable of killing Titan HM

You just have to keep weeding out people who say 'lag' every time they eat (another) plume/landslide/bomb

Eventually you'll get a group that makes it look easy

But you have to aggressively put the groups together yourself, you can't just sit in MD shouting for a group to take you

If you don't have a solid FC, that's really the only viable method besides buying a run or getting hilariously lucky with df/pug

Vossler

Just going to take a lot of work on my end...was really discouraged after spending three hours on Monday of getting really close the first time, and the group getting progressively worse.

Pie and Beans

Just realised nodes are based on Eorzea Time, not Local Time.

My face right now.

MogCakes

So as a Warrior, will I have trouble finding groups for raids? I'm aware that SE attempted (or seems to have attempted) to make it a hybrid pseudo-DPS/tank class, which may turn a lot of people off compared to PLD's which excel at tanking more than WAR. I really like the heavy armor I get to wear as one, so I'm asking before I take the full plunge into it instead of DRG.

Victrix

*beard*
So as a Warrior, will I have trouble finding groups for raids? I'm aware that SE attempted (or seems to have attempted) to make it a hybrid pseudo-DPS/tank class, which may turn a lot of people off compared to PLD's which excel at tanking more than WAR. I really like the heavy armor I get to wear as one, so I'm asking before I take the full plunge into it instead of DRG.

The War is not a hybrid, it's a tank, through and through. PLD and WAR dps is extremely similar. The delivery of that dps is different (Wars have a lot of cooldowns that cause spikes).

You will have problems getting public groups for Titan HM and especially Coil. Public perception of the War is not good.

Their tanking methods are not identical however, which is where the problems arise - Coil is a 10ilvl gap due to the absence of Crystal Tower (ilvl 80 gear supposedly, was supposed to be in at launch), and because Plds have higher base mitigation and take damage more smoothly, they're much preferred over Wars by the general population.

Note that I'm literally talking about the final encounters in the game currently, Wars are fine (and very fun) for everything else, and fine for Coil if you're playing with a good FC/friends.

Velk

Neo Member
Depth=8
Solved 8,126,280 states in 19.65 seconds.
Rapid Synthesis
Manipulation
Steady Hand
Hasty Touch
Standard Touch
Standard Touch
Hasty Touch
Standard Touch
Standard Touch
Basic Synthesis
Basic Synthesis

Final CP = 16
Final Quality=794
Final Durabilty=30

Depth=9
Solved 15,185,219 states in 29.64 seconds.
Rapid Synthesis
Manipulation
Hasty Touch
Steady Hand
Standard Touch
Standard Touch
Hasty Touch
Standard Touch
Hasty Touch
Standard Touch
Basic Synthesis

Final CP = 16
Final Quality=867
Final Durability=20

These seem like nonsensical results to me, are you abstracting rapid synth as 250% with 50% chance as being equivalent to 125% with 100% chance perhaps ?

Because you can, and will, fail it 2-4 times in a row regularly when using it without steady hands, leaving both the above results as utter disasters where you are lucky to get your materials back.

Also, the two results are contradictory - why does depth 8 use rapid and 2x basic, where depth 9 uses rapid and 1x basic ? Those can't both be true.

What I did was watch youtube videos and timed the time between them. They come between 21 and 29 seconds apart depending on what other spells he casts.

So I have a timer that starts on the macro for arm of the destroyer and it just times out well to where if I always use a skill off gcd I'm ready to silence at the 21 sec time. But, frequently I'm dodging aoe and miss a gcd, so I tell the pld to get next silence.

But if it takes 27 sec in the 21-29 for example, if I get back into the right stance I tell the pld to hold his silence. It only works because the pld is good.

Ah nice. All I've been doing is just looking at the time left in the instance and subtracting 20 or 25 from that to know when to get ready to cast it lol. The small nodes should be 25 give or take a few seconds, but man that ADS node always does it on 20 it seems, unless he prioritizes laser or cannons or some other skill before hand. Then it just adds like a few seconds.

Also, have you ever gotten it where, if he casts firestorm, he IMMEDIATELY casts voltage right after? Like barely any cast bar or w/e? Idk why but that has happened a couple of times when we first started T2.

GorillaJu

When I run coil as Bard, I never miss a silence, I do top DPS in my group and I also run Rot so the healer doesn't have to move.

Working overtime and it still doesn't feel like much of a challenge - most wipes come from freak accidents or simply something happens that we weren't prepared for.

I don't know the purpose of this post. But anyway, turn 2 is a bitch but it's not the silencing that makes it hard

FWIW this post was supposed to be quoting someone earlier talking about a bard who can't do his simple job in turn 2.

Totakeke

Just beat the game yesterday (aka finish Turn 4). Lost a week of attempts because of connection issues, but it's all good.

No clue what's in Turn 5, but I really think a warrior OT is a much better OT for Turn 4 due to our far superior snap aggro. And since there's a time limit to killing everything, the fewer seconds it takes you to hold aggro for dps to unload the better it is. I have to say CoB so far is very challenging (in a good way) for off tanks and my knowledge of how to hold aggro is basically night and day compared to before entering CoB. Good stuff.

I don't think the MT had to learn much new things. :p

Hubb

When I run coil as Bard, I never miss a silence, I do top DPS in my group and I also run Rot so the healer doesn't have to move.

Do they have reliable dps meters out now(honest question)? My computer has been down for 1.5weeks and I have been out of the FF14 loop a bit.

MogCakes

The War is not a hybrid, it's a tank, through and through. PLD and WAR dps is extremely similar. The delivery of that dps is different (Wars have a lot of cooldowns that cause spikes).

You will have problems getting public groups for Titan HM and especially Coil. Public perception of the War is not good.

Their tanking methods are not identical however, which is where the problems arise - Coil is a 10ilvl gap due to the absence of Crystal Tower (ilvl 80 gear supposedly, was supposed to be in at launch), and because Plds have higher base mitigation and take damage more smoothly, they're much preferred over Wars by the general population.

Note that I'm literally talking about the final encounters in the game currently, Wars are fine (and very fun) for everything else, and fine for Coil if you're playing with a good FC/friends.

Ah okay. I've been seeing that WAR is underpowered so I wanted to know exactly what that entailed.

Ken

Just beat the game yesterday (aka finish Turn 4). Lost a week of attempts because of connection issues, but it's all good.

No clue what's in Turn 5, but I really think a warrior OT is a much better OT for Turn 4 due to our far superior snap aggro. And since there's a time limit to killing everything, the fewer seconds it takes you to hold aggro for dps to unload the better it is. I have to say CoB so far is very challenging (in a good way) for off tanks and my knowledge of how to hold aggro is basically night and day compared to before entering CoB. Good stuff.

I don't think the MT had to learn much new things. :p

can you explain this? what skills are you using?

Totakeke

can you explain this? what skills are you using?

Aggro is a scale of your damage. Warriors have multiple offensive cooldowns. So if you pop your offensive cds to grab aggro, you will hold it far better than a paladin in a limited time. The situation with warriors' offensive cooldowns is kind of like the opposite of the defensive cooldowns compared to paladins, they don't have much to work with offensively.

Also I should mention we cleared Turn 4 with no tank drops and one piece of healer drop (boots) with everything else going to dps. So in terms of gear check for tanks and healers, it's not really that much. None of the tanks and healers were wearing crafted stuff except for me wearing almost full crafted (and I'm a OT), they are either using +1 relic with one piece or 2 pieces of af2 gear.

Odd I always referred to aggro as walking around and monsters coming at you would be aggro. Like you stepping into the radius of a monster and it starts to attack you like you agrivated it thus the term aggro. Reminds me of the leroy the jenkins video lol xD

However I'm sure Final Fantasy has some different terminology. That's why we love it.

Ah okay. I've been seeing that WAR is underpowered so I wanted to know exactly what that entailed.

This is the summary of the summary:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-no-Better-.?p=1442507&viewfull=1#post1442507

Basically, a PLD's damage mitigation is based on % of incoming damage. In that sense, the more incoming damage there is, the more a PLD naturally mitigates without him doing anything other than have Shield Oath up.

A WAR doesn't reduce incoming damage, he heals it up by using Inner Beast. His mitigation is based on self-healing, which is fixed because it's based on weapon damage which does not change.

Before Titan HM, the WAR is over on the left side of the graph and life is amazing. At Titan HM and in the Coil, the WAR is on the right side of the graph. This is WAR's problem, his damage mitigation doesn't scale with incoming the way PLD's does.

Note that this graph doesn't take into account PLD's superior defensive CDs, which grant an even higher % incoming damage mitigation for a short period of time, or even give him 10 seconds of complete invincibility.

Totakeke

Odd I always referred to aggro as walking around and monsters coming at you would be aggro. Like you stepping into the radius of a monster and it starts to attack you like you agrivated it thus the term aggro. Reminds me of the leroy the jenkins video lol xD

However I'm sure Final Fantasy has some different terminology. That's why we love it.

Well in FFXIV it's called emnity. Aggro is also triggering a response from an inactive/patrolling mob. In MMOs aggro/emnity/threat is just used interchangeably and there's always a aggro meter (hidden or not) that determines who the mob should attacking if multiple players are doing actions that increase aggro from the mob.

Ken

Aggro is a scale of your damage. Warriors have multiple offensive cooldowns. So if you pop your offensive cds to grab aggro, you will hold it far better than a paladin in a limited time. The situation with warriors' offensive cooldowns is kind of like the opposite of the defensive cooldowns compared to paladins, they don't have much to work with offensively.

Also I should mention we cleared Turn 4 with no tank drops and one piece of healer drop (boots) with everything else going to dps. So in terms of gear check for tanks and healers, it's not really that much. None of the tanks and healers were wearing crafted stuff except for me wearing almost full crafted (and I'm a OT), they are either using +1 relic with one piece or 2 pieces of af2 gear.

when does ot need snap aggro? last phases right?

FWIW this post was supposed to be quoting someone earlier talking about a bard who can't do his simple job in turn 2.

That would have been me lol. Yeah I do the same. I mean it's not hard but I think he just falls apart and is stressed because he knows if he fucks up his job he can wipe us. I mean he seems to fall apart when he has to pass rot and silence then he just crumbles when a firestorm is in the mix and un targets boss etc. He has like 0 multitasking skills. doesn't play his songs. etc.

I keep telling the party to replace him or make him switch and they are saying he needs to learn how to do it. I mean maybe I'm just super critical because I actually main it and not just hoping on the bandwagon I mean if he is going to be a brd I really expect him to you know do brd shit.

Ultrabum

Ah nice. All I've been doing is just looking at the time left in the instance and subtracting 20 or 25 from that to know when to get ready to cast it lol. The small nodes should be 25 give or take a few seconds, but man that ADS node always does it on 20 it seems, unless he prioritizes laser or cannons or some other skill before hand. Then it just adds like a few seconds.

Also, have you ever gotten it where, if he casts firestorm, he IMMEDIATELY casts voltage right after? Like barely any cast bar or w/e? Idk why but that has happened a couple of times when we first started T2.

Yes, sometimes he does some crazy stuff, especially after he absorbs a few nodes. It really freaks me out because I have a clock ticking down where my stance is going toe expire and he keeps casting other spells ><

But so far it has worked pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom