• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion434

Damn...how are people leveling crafts that fast?

I had this week off from work and wanted to use it to level CRP to 50, but im still at 33 (I had it at 16 already, so I got 17 levels in 4 days).
I know about triple turn in leves but I still need HQ mats for HQing the recipes and farming them takes time (Im currently using the lvl 25 leve of Wlmut lumbers because I can farm them with my BTN). Do people really buy everything from the markets?

It depends, if you have the core TradeCrafts to lv 50 the cross-class Actions will allow you to HQ just about any low-level recipe.

The only time I ever "buy" EXP is when the HQ items sell less than the reward, I bought HQ Apple Juice off the Market Board because they cost less than the reward for the lv 40 Culinarian Leve. I generated Gil and 1.2 million EXP.

Which reminds me, that I should make some Apple Juice now and sell it for the same price as the HQ Leve reward. It's just 6 Mirror Apples and some shards.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Woot, second Relic Get!
Curtana & Holy Shield +1
PYPw7Tkl.jpg

eJ6SfZWl.jpg

oJGQFz1l.jpg

DAT Shield Oath:
ci4Tc0cl.jpg

Got him to drop cudgel too...
DAT Pork Chop!:
MGlsSK9l.jpg

4uxusUfl.jpg

Ferr986

Do you have any cross class skills? They make HQing stuff a hundred times easier. If you farm all your mats and then need HQ mats to HQ, yea it will take forever, but if you just buy normals logs which are super cheap, then its not bad.

Can you HQ synths with normal logs? .I dont have any cross skill.

GraveRobberX

You seem much happier now with your new FC. Gratz ^_^

Thnx, I was always happy with GAF, just didn't feel I fit in appropriately for end game
Just needed to be with people like minded that understood my needs and I helped with theirs that's all

Should be starting Coil on Monday with a static crew, gonna be fun to experience that
Almost done with full DL on PLD, so I should be ready to go for Coil as Off Tank

BLM will have to take back seat and hope to get hand me downs if we get extra loot that no one needs, so I can get for it

PLD looks like my main class at the moment
Learning it very well, not the best out there like some, but I'm not horrible like others who think 1 flash, a fast to rage combo and call it a day

Gotta admit feels badass sometimes to get final blow on bosses with Spirits Within, just the animation with you not even looking at boss feels like some kick ass no look no scope headshot FTW!!!!!shift1!!!!!!

Baliis

Can you HQ synths with normal logs? .I dont have any cross skill.

With just the crp skills I doubt it. But get hasty touch from cul15, steady hand 2 from cul37, tricks of the trade from alc15 and now you're talking. It also helps that I have 50 crp already for byregot's blessing which is insane for getting HQ. But I can regularly HQ one star items with all NQ mats on carpenter and on CUL which I'm still leveling I pretty much always HQ 70/80 dura items and usually 40s if I don't have terrible RNG.

The cross class skills really are key to getting HQs regularly, you'll have so much more CP to get durability back, which means more touches for a huge inner quiet stack to blow on rumination/byregots. If you're crafting stuff above your level, stuff like the blacksmith skill, can't remember its name, will cut down on the number of synths you need to finish which just means more durability for touches.

Damn...how are people leveling crafts that fast?

I had this week off from work and wanted to use it to level CRP to 50, but im still at 33 (I had it at 16 already, so I got 17 levels in 4 days).
I know about triple turn in leves but I still need HQ mats for HQing the recipes and farming them takes time (Im currently using the lvl 25 leve of Wlmut lumbers because I can farm them with my BTN). Do people really buy everything from the markets?

I don't(Baramoht here). I just reached 50 BSM late last night which is my 6th craft at 50. It only took me 2 days but I have an easier time since I have so many cross skills at my disposal. I usually buy all the mats needed to synthesis the item for the leve turn in and HQ them myself. Sometimes I buy the base mats(like ores to make ingots, etc.) and HQ those if the xp is good enough. You could also try buying the crafting manuals from the GC as those will give you a 50% xp bonus up to 20k for the first manual and 40k for the second.

I'm pretty low on leves now so I'll need to do something else for the time being. Xelios and Jade will probably beat me to all crafts at 50. ;_;

Ferr986

oh... so I have to level all the craft to 15? oh well..... yeah im not gonna rush it this week XD

well, thanks for the help guys, I guess ill have to take my time with this.

Torquill

oh... so I have to level all the craft to 15? oh well..... yeah im not gonna rush it this week XD

well, thanks for the help guys, I guess ill have to take my time with this.
There may be a few that aren't as important to get to 15, but I'm just going ahead and doing them all to minimize gear management,since they all share armor needs.

Get all to 10
Buy new gear
Get all to 15
Buy new gear

Then I'll start worrying about more vertical progress.

I wouldn't say all of them. Armorer for example has completely worthless skills. Blacksmiths skill(s) is only good when crafting lvl 50+ items. Alchemy, Weaver, and Carpenter are very useful though at level 15. As are Leatherworker, Goldsmith, and Culinarian but I made do without them for a while.

Jayhawk

There may be a few that aren't as important to get to 15, but I'm just going ahead and doing them all to minimize gear management,since they all share armor needs.

Get all to 10
Craft new gear
Get all to 15
Craft new gear

Then I'll start worrying about more vertical progress.

Bolded the corrections.

pitbull

Banned
This sounds like a green light for me to go back to putting Shadow Flare on top of you.

I just made a 4 page explanation on why smns should only be a support class by doing only emotes. I sent it to yoshi p and obama so you can be assured it's happening.

Giz made one that said you would need multiple smns in a party and they would need to combine their pets.

arcticxdeath

Neo Member
So you don't like warriors because you have to heal them rather than let your fairy do the work while you DPS?

Basically. They make my runs slower by being poorly balanced.

Don't get me wrong, I love healing. I was an end game WHM in XI, resto Druid in BC and WOTLK (including hard mode Ulduar 25), and now this. Now that I think about it, the tank disparity in XI should make me less surprised at XIV's.

I'm sorry to all the warriors out there, I sincerely hope you get buffed and honestly can't believe there hasn't been a hotfix to address the disparity. It's just one of the many things I'm surprised made it to production, though. I really feel like they should have kept this game in the oven until Crystal Tower was ready and more class balancing/UI usability passes were done.

Aeana

Basically. They make my runs slower by being poorly balanced.

I'm sorry to all the warriors out there, I sincerely hope you get buffed and honestly can't believe there hasn't been a hotfix to address the disparity. It's just one of the many things I'm surprised made it to production, though. I really feel like they should have kept this game in the oven until Crystal Tower was ready and more class balancing/UI usability passes were done.
It might make it a little slower, it's just surprising to see a healer who doesn't want to heal. Especially scholar which can DPS passively with DoTs even with a warrior as the tank, anyway.

studyguy

GraveRobberX

All I know is Warriors have ridiculous HP pool, but the hits they take almost isn't worth it to be honest

I mean I have seen what Titan does to WAR as a tank, the healers have to do everything to keep him at least 75% or up

At least with PLD there are fail-safe mechanics to stop you from getting into trouble
The mitigation skills alone make them stand out

WAR either needs to buffed with 1 or 2 skills that help alleviate the situation or skill already in play to get nice buffs that are only for the WAR and cant be cross skilled

Right now Coil is PLD or bust
2 shouts in Mor Dohna for 2 Coil groups looking for PLD, WAR is an after thought

The way I put it is, if a class has to be fully decked out in AF+1 to just evenly match up to a PLD in DL or a few Allagan pieces, shits not right

creid

Was anyone ever able to load character creator data to create their retainer? I remember a lot of people were saying during Beta 4 that it could be done, but at no point during the retainer creation process am I able to load a saved created character. Googled as best I could and only found people saying that you would be able to do it after release day. I definitely have the saved character creator data, because it shows up if I try to create a new character.

arcticxdeath

Neo Member
It might make it a little slower, it's just surprising to see a healer who doesn't want to heal. Especially scholar which can DPS passively with DoTs even with a warrior as the tank, anyway.

I'm sorry, I threw an edit in while you were posting :(

Repost: Don't get me wrong, I love healing. I was an end game WHM in XI, resto Druid in BC and WOTLK (including hard mode Ulduar 25), and now this. Now that I think about it, the tank disparity in XI should make me less surprised at XIV's.

I do DPS as much as I feel safe doing with WAR tanks, but the DoTs take time to cast still, and I have to babysit the WAR. It's such a difference between the classes that it's laughable to me that Yoshi P is saying they are fine. They are fine if PLDs are getting nerfed.

kaioshade

Was anyone ever able to load character creator data to create their retainer? I remember a lot of people were saying during Beta 4 that it could be done, but at no point during the retainer creation process am I able to load a saved created character. Googled as best I could and only found people saying that you would be able to do it after release day. I definitely have the saved character creator data, because it shows up if I try to create a new character.

I was able to do it on my first retainer, then it was unavailable for my next ones.

Mileena

Banned
All I know is Warriors have ridiculous HP pool, but the hits they take almost isn't worth it to be honest

I mean I have seen what Titan does to WAR as a tank, the healers have to do everything to keep him at least 75% or up

At least with PLD there are fail-safe mechanics to stop you from getting into trouble
The mitigation skills alone make them stand out

WAR either needs to buffed with 1 or 2 skills that help alleviate the situation or skill already in play to get nice buffs that are only for the WAR and cant be cross skilled

Right now Coil is PLD or bust
2 shouts in Mor Dohna for 2 Coil groups looking for PLD, WAR is an after thought

The way I put it is, if a class has to be fully decked out in AF+1 to just evenly match up to a PLD in DL or a few Allagan pieces, shits not right
WAR definitely needs a buff as I'm already seeing them go the way of FFXI DRG and PUP. No one wants to group with the if they can get a PLD instead.

fix your shit SE

Aeana

I'm sorry, I threw an edit in while you were posting :(

Repost: Don't get me wrong, I love healing. I was an end game WHM in XI, resto Druid in BC and WOTLK (including hard mode Ulduar 25), and now this. Now that I think about it, the tank disparity in XI should make me less surprised at XIV's.

I do DPS as much as I feel safe doing with WAR tanks, but the DoTs take time to cast still, and I have to babysit the WAR. It's such a difference between the classes that it's laughable to me that Yoshi P is saying they are fine. They are fine if PLDs are getting nerfed.
Well, there's no doubt that warrior is at a major disadvantage and I hope they get fixed. That said, I don't mind healing them for most content. Our offtank in Coil is a warrior and we're doing okay there, too. I really do hope they get a buff, though. At least scholar has lustrate, which is a nice percentage-based heal that makes healing warriors a little less painful. I started playing scholar in endgame content (my main is WHM) this last week and I've quite enjoyed that ability so far.

studyguy

It's a shame really, since WAR is a hell of a lot more fun to play than PLD.

I have both at 50 and have them both decked pretty well.
To be honest tanking is tanking, doesn't take a genius to hold stacks longer, nor does it take a relative amount of skill to use PLD CD's efficiently. People say one is harder than the other, but really neither of them are that bad.

arcticxdeath

Neo Member
Well, there's no doubt that warrior is at a major disadvantage and I hope they get fixed. That said, I don't mind healing them for most content. Our offtank in Coil is a warrior and we're doing okay there, too. I really do hope they get a buff, though. At least scholar has lustrate, which is a nice percentage-based heal that makes healing warriors a little less painful. I started playing scholar in endgame content (my main is WHM) this last week and I've quite enjoyed that ability so far.

I vaguely wondered if WAR are balanced with Lustrate in mind, but being limited to 3 casts a minute, that doesn't seem likely. Can Lustrate even crit? I don't cast it often enough to feel confident in saying for sure that it can't.

Aeana

I vaguely wondered if WAR are balanced with Lustrate in mind, but being limited to 3 casts a minute, that doesn't seem likely. Can Lustrate even crit? I don't cast it often enough to feel confident in saying for sure that it can't.
No, lustrate can't crit. It's a flat 20% healed, but because of that it also heals for exactly the same whether you're in cleric stance or not.

GraveRobberX

To be honest tanking is tanking, doesn't take a genius to hold stacks longer, nor does it take a relative amount of skill to use PLD CD's efficiently. People say one is harder than the other, but really neither of them are that bad.

Yeah but if one class is preferred over the other, that creates stereotypes

I have been with WAR's that were fucking amazing, I mean the healer just said mother of christ I'll just DD, he tanks it very well, throw a regen and just Holy away

There also have been tanks that just eat and eat damage, the healer has a hard time holding their health up

So yeah for most players in the game at the moment, having a PLD feel a little more secure for the group than a WAR

I really think WAR should get a huge Parry boost, they have no shield, huge big ass AXE, let them make that their shield
Maybe proc 25+% more than a PLD, every parry gives them a nice boost on defense that stacks to a cap, but every hit removes, so you will always be playing the numbers game
More Parry+, you will get better return, less the more you will eat

I don't think one is harder than the other. I said one was more fun than the other, but that was just my opinion of course.

studyguy

I don't think one is harder than the other. I said one was more fun than the other, but that was just my opinion of course.

That's fair enough. I just don't know though, eventually we just sort of run the rotation so often it becomes whatever. There is no positioning for 90% of our content beyond face enemy away and don't stand in red for a second, THEN MOVE RIGHT BACK. Not complaining, but I have more fun as a DPS even though I prefer tanking.

Mashing

Thanks to everyone who carried me through Titan last night. Fight wasn't too bad from my perspective. That Ifrit run on the other hand, not sure what to say about that one ;). Most fucked up Ifrit run I've ever been in ;)

kierwynn

Thanks to everyone who carried me through Titan last night. Fight wasn't too bad from my perspective. That Ifrit run on the other hand, not sure what to say about that one ;). Most fucked up Ifrit run I've ever been in ;)

Surely you mean the BEST Ifrit run ever.

This is Damocles, isn't it? If not, then ignore me.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I have more fun on my WAR than my DRG in some fights. Enimity control is really fun with WAR, but with DRG; DPS is DPS.

That being said, the DRG still gets priority on all my iLVL 90 stuff due to his utility in coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom