• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

So we got our WP runs down to 12minutes, getting closer and closer to that JP groups 10:13 run...

But of course, they just posted a new record of 9:06 @.@

FC members have been shaving it down to around 11 now, but honestly anything at 15 or below is perfectly fine. Anything below is sort of whatever unless you're trying to actively beat your own records.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
FC members have been shaving it down to around 11 now, but honestly anything at 15 or below is perfectly fine. Anything below is sort of whatever unless you're trying to actively beat your own records.

Jeeze! I really need to learn how to do this on my DRG or my WAR. Hopefully I will be able to get some groups to practice this weekend.

Yeah, it's more of a record/competitive thing now for our group. With SE shutting down Turn 5 until further notice this has provided us with something a little interesting to do outside of spam leveling more classes/jobs.

Hopefully once everyone's around again, we should hit 10minutes. I just noticed something we had neglected to do this whole time.

Teletraan1

Banned
Is this game just played by efficiency experts or something? Was XI like this or is it just this game. I have seen some min max stuff and I fully appreciate getting the most out of a character but this game has people cutting each others throats over a few seconds of gameplay they could have skipped.

Taruranto

Holy jesus healing Titan is hard. My FC has been busy and since Turn 5 is down I've had nothing to do so I've been going for SCH relic. Man when people die before Phase 5 it makes me sad as hell. And when the other healer dies I just get so stressed and can barely keep the tank up trying to manage Lusterates. Maybe I should just wait till my FC can help me out.

Do you have Swiftcast + Raise? It happened to me a couples of times that the WHM died, but I had no problem keeping the tank up (A PLD who could manage is cool-downs, at least) and survive a phase of stomps. Just pre-cast succors and SS and save Eos buffs (not like you should need them for anything but the stomps anyway)

studyguy

Jeeze! I really need to learn how to do this on my DRG or my WAR. Hopefully I will be able to get some groups to practice this weekend.

To be fair, the fastest runs were with a BLM who had all but one piece of allagan, so it's not a fair comparison considering they're all rocking a bunch of i90

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
To be fair, the fastest runs were with a BLM who had all but one piece of allagan, so it's not a fair comparison considering they're all rocking a bunch of i90

My DRG has plenty of i90. (5 pieces in which 4 are armor pieces, 1 is acc) so that isn't a huge issue. But if the need is for loads of AOE dmg, I can't really do that nearly as well as SMN or BLM.

Still excited to see this dungeon as I've never had a need for WP or AV before.

Alucrid

Banned
My DRG has plenty of i90. (5 pieces in which 4 are armor pieces, 1 is acc) so that isn't a huge issue. But if the need is for loads of AOE dmg, I can't really do that nearly as well as SMN or BLM.

It doesn't work well with DRG unless you have a Bard for TP, but then that hurts DPS overall. You just get too TP starved even with invigorate and the down times between packs aren't enough for that CD to be up.

studyguy

Aye, DRG are monsters one on one, but WP speedruns simply requires the team to just dump damage on everything at once as fast and hard as possible.

Fast. Hard. Dumps.
Steaming ones.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Aye, DRG are monsters one on one, but WP speedruns simply requires the team to just dump damage on everything at once as fast and hard as possible.

Fast. Hard. Dumps.
Steaming ones.

Is the WAR good since it's lots of AOE agro? Or are the invulnerability buffs necessary?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
You obtain nothing.
You obtain nothing.
You obtain nothing.
You obtain nothing.
You obtain nothing.

There is nothing quite like the demoralising hit of a 99% "you obtain nothing" or non-HQ craft. You want to play for a straight hour at that class with things on 1% screaming "ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE ME THE REVERSE, I THOUGHT NOT".

I'm honestly not sure if all this post-game stuff is in me. Dhorme Chimera is now available to me, but after levelling both Warrior and Armourer to Lvl 50 first only to find they're often regarded as most useless is... a bit crushing. Also that Tome Grind just looks ridiculous and if Crystal Tower being cut until later has unbalanced the whole endgame... why fight against the unfinished landscape?

Redx508

Only Ryder
ubS244M.jpg

Allard

I hope Yoshi has some good stuff to show in the live letter (tonight?).

Well he has already confirmed trailers/walk around of all 3 housing zones due in 2.1 as well as explain what will be possible and coming in housing for half of it. We also have questions in regards to how the current game functions with user questions and also there will be a guest with the Final Fantasy Rythem game director as they show off ARR collaboration songs for it.

Aeana

Switched the client to Japanese, because I didn't want to see "you obtain nothing" anymore. I was taken aback, because the dialog windows have much larger text than the English client. It's so much easier to read from afar. I really wish you could make the English dialog bigger.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well he has already confirmed trailers/walk around of all 3 housing zones due in 2.1 as well as explain what will be possible and coming in housing for half of it. We also have questions in regards to how the current game functions with user questions and also there will be a guest with the Final Fantasy Rythem game director as they show off ARR collaboration songs for it.

I honestly don't care about any of that. I want details on Crystal Tower, Extreme Primals, dailies, dailies, the new dungeons, and more. Housing, quite frankly, is at the very low end of the totem pole of terms of interest. =/

Espresso

Banned
Is this game just played by efficiency experts or something? Was XI like this or is it just this game. I have seen some min max stuff and I fully appreciate getting the most out of a character but this game has people cutting each others throats over a few seconds of gameplay they could have skipped.

I wouldn't be surprised. I don't play FFXIV, but I played FFXI for a while and players at endgame had multiple armor sets on hand at all times (e.g. a set for TP, a set for WS, a set for *insert random JA/spell/whatever*) along with third party macros to handle all of the armor swaps that FFXI couldn't natively process with one button click. It was nuts.

Jayhawk

You are also seeing some sampling bias by taking impressions from a forum thread. A min-max type player would be more apt to discussing and learning optimal strategies from a forum thread. A more casual player would be less likely to care about reading or discussing that kind of thing. FFXI, FFXIV, and other MMORPGs will have your 'efficiency experts' and they'll also have more casual, end-game groups. The more casual groups will be able to handle most end-game, but they usually accomplish tasks after strategies have been well-established and are less likely to be talked about on the internet outside of their own little community sites.

EDIT: The issue with cutscene-skipping drama comes from the developers' decision to combine story progressers with gear farmers using Duty Finder. There are many improvements and options that could be added to Duty Finder to cut down on some of the drama. We'll have to wait to see how DF changes.

I'm considering server-transferring to join one of the GAF FCs. I'm in a small, friendly FC in Hyperion - the server my friends and I picked in 1.0. However, only 1 of those friends still remain on Hyperion and I'm tempted to play with fellow GAF members.

Wortany

Alright, transfered to Ultros. The only people I was in contact with on my previous server, all decided to spread out over different servers too.

Alysa Belderyn checking in for Duty! (if there is any room in the Gaf FC?)

gatti-man

I honestly don't care about any of that. I want details on Crystal Tower, Extreme Primals, dailies, dailies, the new dungeons, and more. Housing, quite frankly, is at the very low end of the totem pole of terms of interest. =/

+1 give me more content like AK and some hard primals. I really enjoy the ak boss fights especially demon wall.

XI's community was notorious for its obsession with efficiency.

Allard

Then Maybe you might be surprised then! but He has already specifically mentioned even back to the last live letter that this one will predominantly be focused on the housing system launching in 2.1. Next Live letter if it comes out before the update will contain info on PvP and other content, the last live letter during TGS was primarily focused on Crystal Tower, we got all that nice art work during it. This is what the lodestone says will be talked about during the letter.

Themes* Updated 10/17/2013
Theatrhythm FINAL FANTASY Curtain Call Collaboration
Scheduled for release in spring 2014, Theatrhythm FINAL FANTASY Curtain Call will feature a number of songs from FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn! Treat your ears to a number of songs previously released at this year's Tokyo Game Show, along with the premiere of several new tracks, brought to you by our special guest.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Q&A
Yoshi-P will answer questions taken from the official forum.

Special Report on Housing
Take a tour of the housing areas in each of the three city-states. Using trailers and live footage, we'll be showing you everything from the various house models to their interiors and never before seen furnishings! Perhaps we'll even get a visit from our favorite neighbor.

Miscellaneous Announcements

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Then Maybe you might be surprised then! but He has already specifically mentioned even back to the last live letter that this one will predominantly be focused on the housing system launching in 2.1. Next Live letter if it comes out before the update will contain info on PvP and other content, the last live letter during TGS was primarily focused on Crystal Tower, we got all that nice art work during it. This is what the lodestone says will be talked about during the letter.

Hopefully, the Q&A yields something then.

RK9039

Is anyone having issues when they exit the game? my game gets stuck on a blank screen.

What does this mean, it must be a sign right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom