• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I was posting too so maybe I was wrong :/
Haha, neither of us know for sure!

Either way, it looks a lot more..."manageable" than Large, so there's that. Small feels way too confined for my tastes. >_<

Wait, so where's the Allagan 2 and AF2 dropping from? I assume AF2 will be tomes, wonder if they'll just rehash myth or use another type.
I'm guessing Allagan 2 will drop in The Crystal Tower.

Ferr986

Either way, it looks a lot more..."manageable" than Large, so there's that. Small feels way too confined for my tastes. >_<

Yeah looking the stream right now, S size is just too small. I hate having everything (bedroom, restroom..) in the same floor lol

raven777

I had to poop so I missed it :(

bardaf2o9lbw.jpg

chrono01

The GAF FC needs to get together, take an All Saint's Wake picture, and win that necklace.

Although on second-thought, it's probably won on an individual basis...

Aeana

I haven't used that Libra Eorzea thing since the day it came out for iOS. Other sites like CAAS give me the info I'm actually looking for in a format that makes sense.

Alucrid

Banned

I'm guessing Allagan 2 will drop in The Crystal Tower.
Totally makes no sense considering it's gar that's below the current allagan

Aeana

There's a thread on the forum saying 850k for a small size, but it's not like the method they used to estimate that are exactly conclusive and on the stream they still 'officially' stated 'it's a secret'.

Thats an insane price for a M sized house.

850k is a good price for an FC house. For individual houses, I think they're going to have to be careful because if it's too expensive, people will be much more inclined to buy gil. Some people have been doing (obviously not completely reliable) surveys on different worlds and they found that there's quite a big income gap, with players having either 100-300k for several million, with not much in-between.

That said, the auction system should make housing more affordable over time, just like it did in DQ10.

desu

Wait, so where's the Allagan 2 and AF2 dropping from? I assume AF2 will be tomes, wonder if they'll just rehash myth or use another type.

Easy, that is patch 2.2 content. And 2.2 has Coil Turn 6-?(10?). So that means new Allagan gear as well.

AF2 is 2.2 as well.

GorillaJu

God, I really hope they end up just buffing the other DPS classes instead of nerfing Bard. I really, really hate the mindset of MMO designers that "X class is too strong, let's bring it down" when there's nothing fundamentally problematic or exploitive, it's just the other classes are too weak.

It's not even that DRG or MNK are weak, even, its that encounters are so hard on the melee jobs.

God, I really hope they end up just buffing the other DPS classes instead of nerfing Bard. I really, really hate the mindset of MMO designers that "X class is too strong, let's bring it down" when there's nothing fundamentally problematic or exploitive, it's just the other classes are too weak.

It's not even that DRG or MNK are weak, even, its that encounters are so hard on the melee jobs.

BRD mobility, utility and ranged capacities should come at a cost, and that cost wasn't there.

dat af2...
not sure what i think about revealing them so early though

Another thing to blame on Wada.

DJIzana

Ugh... that MNK and DRG AF2 armor! I'm getting close to getting my MNK to 50. Next up is my DRG.

Anyone able to post the PLD one? That's my only level 50 currently.

Also... I wish they addressed my concern regarding leveling the Chocobo companion or give us any sort of update regarding that DX11 patch. (If it's coming with the release of the PS4 or what have you.)

Edit: Nm.. I saw the tank AF picture... looks pretty sharp but I think 1.0 one looks better. It would also be nice if we could dye our AF armor.

Yeah, mage ballad is very shitty, no party ask for that, and foe requiem is the key to get those 10 min WP runs.

Having one truly bad song is not enough cost, most jobs has a blunder skill here and there...

The fact that we play our songs, and besides Req we lose a significant amount of damage. There you go.

I'd love to see a 10min Req run, how do they get done?

The fact that we play our songs, and besides Req we lose a significant amount of damage. There you go.

I'd love to see a 10min Req run, how do they get done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8wwzsPcNB4

Ahhh, now FF14 feels like a real MMO with all of the talks of nerfs and buffs and class whining. I'm home.

When PvP arrives and we'll have BRD dominating because all they have to do is move and hit the same 3 attacks while DRG/MNK will never be able to start a proper rotation is gonna get much worst ;)

What a healer would know about the pain of melee clases!? lol

Aeana

When PvP arrives and we'll have BRD dominating because all they have to do is move and hit the same 3 attacks while DRG/MNK will never be able to start a proper rotation is gonna get much worst ;)

What a healer would know about the pain of melee clases!? lol
Hey, hey, I'm totally neutral here.

Of course, bard in PvP is certainly a real concern. I can't even imagine how bard vs. black mage would work.

I think that's more that they are geared the fuck out.

Foe Requiem is a good dmg boost to both BLM and WHM attacks, while Rain of Death lowers the dmg tank receives and BRD AoE capabilities are second to BLM and maybe DRG, which dosn't have foe requiem or lowers the dmg tank receives (and Doom Spike would probably not cut in this case...).

You can do very fast runs with other classes but to get that low BRD is necessary.

Alucrid

Banned
Foe Requiem is a good dmg boost to both BLM and WHM attacks, while Rain of Death lowers the dmg tank receives and BRD AoE capabilities are second to BLM and maybe DRG, which dosn't have foe requiem or lowers the dmg tank receives (and Doom Spike would probably not cut in this case...).

You can do very fast runs with other classes but to get that low BRD is necessary.
Yep. We did a few fast runs with my DRG but it was only with my bard that we can hit 11:50.my bard is mostly Ak gear too. Foes is pretty much a must along with BLM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom