• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Item Box

Alternatively, nerf PLD!
image.php

Mendrox

Yeah, if you haven't got a Titan win yet don't go to the mercs. If I'm on (Remiel) let myself or my brother (Renault) know that you need it. Even if it was a complete carry (which I've never had to do, everyone I've helped has done their part) I'd rather it be me and for free than a merc.

Trust these guys they helped me too! Thank you very much from Mendrox Drogon i will be back with 2.1 :D

Alucrid

Banned
Solo BRD on Turn 4 I had to sing my ass off. It was a blast. I hope more fights make me manage my songs more because I had to manage my tp, my mp, and make sure I had Ballad/Paeon off in time to pull out the big numbers.

In the later fights when the difficulty ramps up, BRD gets real.

Sure, but you also don't have to weave out of the knight/soldier aoe, have less of a chance of getting hit by Pox, etc. etc.

Mupod

Statswise you can do AK in anything but I highly recommend upgrading your ring and earring to that level 49 white crafted stuff. It will probably only run you like 3-5k each, and while the stat bonuses aren't huge you can spiritbond them in dungeons and convert them to materia later. Doing this got me two battledance 3 materias I needed for my relic, as well as many others that sold for quite a bit.

Lain

Tried to do Garuda HM in DF and got into a good group, we one shotted her, even if it took a little bit of time.
Now only Titan is left between me and my relic.... and tomes, naturally.

DrDogg

There is nothing quite like the demoralising hit of a 99% "you obtain nothing" or non-HQ craft. You want to play for a straight hour at that class with things on 1% screaming "ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE ME THE REVERSE, I THOUGHT NOT".

I'd love to know the algorithm behind some of that stuff. It really just doesn't make sense, and a lot of times it's super frustrating. 90% chance I'll obtain an item from gathering? Watch me "obtain nothing" 3 times in a row.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Any other resources for DPS rotations on BRD? I know that that shit isn't hard. I've watched the MrHappy videos and so forth. Keep up your buffs and DoTs, pop your cool downs, so forth. Shit isn't difficult. However, I'm just starting the gear up process for the class after picking up an Ifrit Bow and I'm getting sick of seeing "not enough dps" on runs without offering any constructive advice. I don't even know if it's directed at me but I'm tired of it being said as if it's my bad. I can only do what I can do with the gear I currently have. =/

So, any other resources out there I can read? I'm trying to do my job "right" and I refuse to be carried through shit without putting in the work for it.

BLCKATK

Sure, but you also don't have to weave out of the knight/soldier aoe, have less of a chance of getting hit by Pox, etc. etc.

Every job has stuff they have to worry about in that fight. I'm just saying it isn't all easymode on BRD, we have plenty of managing to do. Players that go into BRD thinking its gonna be easy mode all the way through will be sorely disappointed.

Mileena

Banned
Any other resources for DPS rotations on BRD? I know that that shit isn't hard. I've watched the MrHappy videos and so forth. Keep up your buffs and DoTs, pop your cool downs, so forth. Shit isn't difficult. However, I'm just starting the gear up process for the class after picking up an Ifrit Bow and I'm getting sick of seeing "not enough dps" on runs without offering any constructive advice. I don't even know if it's directed at me but I'm tired of it being said as if it's my bad. I can only do what I can do with the gear I currently have. =/

So, any other resources out there I can read? I'm trying to do my job "right" and I refuse to be carried through shit without putting in the work for it.

there's really not much to it, if you're actually playing it wrong then I dunno what to say. keep up dots, requiem (when blm/smn in the party), keep up with heavy/straight/straighter shot nonsense and keep your procs (like bloodletter and miserys end) somewhere you can easily see them when they're up and use them asap. I dunno what people here do regarding cds but I try to always pop internal release and barrage at the same time, and raging strikes in there too if it's up. It makes sense in my head to do it like that since thats when I'm getting the most amount of attacks in.

maybe someone who's smarter than I can give you better advice :x

Kintaro

there's really not much to it, if you're actually playing it wrong then I dunno what to say. keep up dots, requiem (when blm/smn in the party), keep up with heavy/straight/straighter shot nonsense and keep your procs (like bloodletter and miserys end) somewhere you can easily see them when they're up and use them asap. I dunno what people here do regarding cds but I try to always pop internal release and barrage at the same time, and raging strikes in there too if it's up. It makes sense in my head to do it like that since thats when I'm getting the most amount of attacks in.

maybe someone who's smarter than I can give you better advice :x

Here is what I've been doing.

From start: (Quelling Strikes) Straight Shot > Bloodletter > Wind Bite > (if Bloodletter procs, then Bloodletter) > Venomous Bite > Heavyshot/Bloodletter when proc as filler. Back to straight shot when needed or straighter shot procs. Of course Bloodletter/Mercy's End when you can.

CDs: I pop barrage when its up and generally use one at a time as I figured using having one up all of the time is better than firing off everything and not having anything for a big chunk of time (unless big bursty type dmg is needed at some point). Perhaps I'm wrong on that front.

Songs: I'm still getting the hang of it but 95% of the time, I've had mage's ballad called for (as I haven't partied with many smn/blm).

AF2 for warrior looks like traditional barbarian armor. not so hot at first glance, but maybe i'll like it in the game more. allagan2 tanking on the other hand is hot.

the new monk armor is best. looks like classic ff with hints of amano left in it. delicious.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
ok did ak and have unfinished gae bolg, killed the enemies and now i am afraid of garuda and titan.

i already beat ifrit before to get ifrit weapon so he is easy as pie. garuda scares me the most.

Mileena

Banned
Here is what I've been doing.

From start: (Quelling Strikes) Straight Shot > Bloodletter > Wind Bite > (if Bloodletter procs, then Bloodletter) > Venomous Bite > Heavyshot/Bloodletter when proc as filler. Back to straight shot when needed or straighter shot procs. Of course Bloodletter/Mercy's End when you can.

CDs: I pop barrage when its up and generally use one at a time as I figured using having one up all of the time is better than firing off everything and not having anything for a big chunk of time (unless big bursty type dmg is needed at some point). Perhaps I'm wrong on that front.

Songs: I'm still getting the hang of it but 95% of the time, I've had mage's ballad called for (as I haven't partied with many smn/blm).

doesn't seem to out of place honestly. regarding ballad, only cast it if the WHM/SCH is getting low on MP. If they're asking for it and they're not low on mana ignore them and if a BLM or SMN asks for it ignore them. Again, I'm not sure what the best use of CDs is but I do use a lot of them together since barrage gives so many more attacks than regularly. I might be the only one who does this tho, who knows!

orion434

Picked up the Logitech K400 keyboard so I can use it on my PS3, this does work on ths system right? I asked in OT2, but trying to find a post on a mobile device is a pain.

Kintaro

doesn't seem to out of place honestly. regarding ballad, only cast it if the WHM/SCH is getting low on MP. If they're asking for it and they're not low on mana ignore them and if a BLM or SMN asks for it ignore them. Again, I'm not sure what the best use of CDs is but I do use a lot of them together since barrage gives so many more attacks than regularly. I might be the only one who does this tho, who knows!

Thanks for helping me out. At least I know I'm sort of on the right track.

Cmagus

I'm really starting to get annoyed with this bot situation. I have been working on leather worker now for a few days and its getting increasingly hard to gather any mats to level this class as all the spots for these mats are being farmed by bots using something that is allowing them to grab enemies before they appear.

I've literally hit a brick wall trying to farm diremite sinew. I have been gathering everything and not spending money was my goal but I said screw it because I wanna continue on with this class so I head over to the markets and look dgfdsdf and so on is selling them all. Its like what do you do? buy them which supports that botter and has potential for your account to be flagged as they have already proved they are willing to do that.

There is two of them camping all the banemites and they have been there at least a week probably more. Reported them a few days ago but they are still at it....

Thanks for helping me out. At least I know I'm sort of on the right track.

I haven't done Turn yet, but the only songs I've NEEDED so far was ballad during Titan. I've had requests for Ballad just to keep runs faster but not really needed. Then I'll do Battle Voice Requiem on bosses in AK and such.

Based Yoshi has given me hope for WAR. I don't even remember the last MMO I played where I could have hope that a weak class would get obvious and necessary buffs.

Mileena

Banned
I haven't done Turn yet, but the only songs I've NEEDED so far was ballad during Titan. I've had requests for Ballad just to keep runs faster but not really needed. Then I'll do Battle Voice Requiem on bosses in AK and such.

turn1 is requiem up most of the time then ballad when/if WHM gets below 1k mana, put up soul voice and get him back up to 2.5-3k then turn it off. people constantly asking for ballad probably don't know it makes us do less dmg

In unrelated news, I'm glad I didn't spend any Myth tomes on BRD. I should probably level a backup DPS job now that Yoshi has put everyone on notice months ahead of time that BRD is staring the nerf bat in the face.

Totakeke

So I'm thinking of quitting the game. The team that I ran CoB with suddenly decided to transfer to another server on the last day when they said they were seemed pretty sure on staying. It's not a good idea for me to transfer because I'd be essentially losing a huge portion of the gil I've earned so far (yeah I'm a rich crafter) and for... I don't know what. I've already cleared CoB Turn 4 and it doesn't seem like things will pick up any time soon.The english speaking player base has also pretty much left the server too en masse (I'm in Asia and on a Japan server). I was pretty much supplying all consumables for the team too man. I'm just feeling bitter now and I don't feel like starting over.

Teletraan1

Banned
I'd love to know the algorithm behind some of that stuff. It really just doesn't make sense, and a lot of times it's super frustrating. 90% chance I'll obtain an item from gathering? Watch me "obtain nothing" 3 times in a row.

Probably the same people who did the percentages in those x-com games. 100% Shotgun at close range - MISS.

Picked up the Logitech K400 keyboard so I can use it on my PS3, this does work on ths system right? I asked in OT2, but trying to find a post on a mobile device is a pain.

It sure does! I picked on up after I got fed up with a Bluetooth keyboard because it had crazy lag and it was messing up my typing. That one works great and the little track pad works great to move the UI bits around. It just plugs and plays, and since it isn't Bluetooth it should work fine with the PS4

Alucrid

Banned
turn1 is requiem up most of the time then ballad when/if WHM gets below 1k mana, put up soul voice and get him back up to 2.5-3k then turn it off. people constantly asking for ballad probably don't know it makes us do less dmg

Hmm we've never had to use ballad in Turn 1, even when first doing it, and we have two brds in our party

Mileena

Banned
Hmm we've never had to use ballad in Turn 1, even when first doing it, and we have two brds in our party

never had to my first run, then this past week half our group bailed and we had to pick up 4 pugs. yea that didn't go so well lol, healers dying when boss split, running out of mana, OT failing at spawning adds in first phase.

needless to say I'm not wasting time on coil pugs anymore. the second BRD couldn't stun anything on t2 and then everyone just puts blame on "the BRDs" yea sorry it's not my fault this guy can't hit a button :x

orion434

It sure does! I picked on up after I got fed up with a Bluetooth keyboard because it had crazy lag and it was messing up my typing. That one works great and the little track pad works great to move the UI bits around. It just plugs and plays, and since it isn't Bluetooth it should work fine with the PS4

Awesome! Can't wait to get home to start using it! In the 2 months playing I haven't changed the UI from the default, did some adjusting for targeting, but never really delved too deep into it.

WolvenOne

Oh yay, Warrior buff.

Though he is right, most War's fire off Inner Beast or whatnot, the moment they're fully Infuriated, and that isn't always wise. The Healing and Crit buff you get under that status is helpful.

Regardless though, there's a lot of instances when you need to fire off Inner Beast or whatever, to survive an onslaught, and your survivability shouldn't plummet "Too," much after that.

Edit: Also, please, shorten the cool down on War Stun! D:

Dex815

I still can't transfer my character... I tried everyday at different hours and still the same maintenance/congestion error.

I contacted to support 2 days ago. This was the reply (it was really fast, so probably is an automatic message):

Greetings and thank you for contacting the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Support Desk.

We are currently experiencing congestions due to the amount of players applying for a transfer. Please keep trying.

Thank you for your patience, and best wishes to you.

-FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Game Master Staff

I can totally see how the free period will end I still can't transfer it...

This is BS.

MechaX

I'm just wondering exactly how much they would nerf BRD, let alone how.

I mean, there is the misconception that BRD just face-rolls everything but I really don't see it all that much. It has good DPS sure, but I think that the entire "it's the best DPS class ever" kinda tapered off in the past few weeks. And that's not even counting on how a lot of BRD is DoTs. Plus, its Limit Break is complete and total ass in an endgame environment where damage Limit Breaks are often really desired for a lot of fights. BRD can move around and shoot at the same time? Well... yeah, that's kind of the point of archery. And so many endgame bosses focuses on dodging AOEs of all kinds of ranges to the point where every class has to deal with it (except for maybe the tank in fights like Titan).

And despite all of this, BRD still has a great amount of its arsenal that is completely situational (Shadowbind and that jump back move), very TP intensive (all of its aoes), or completely useless (Foe's Requiem and Swiftsong). It could have been a good silencer, but outside of Chimera and maybe some Coil stuff, what other attacks are silencable/worth silencing? I understand that they probably intended Bard to be a support class, but outside of its damage, it's really only a MP/TP Battery at the moment.

Alucrid

Banned

I mean, there is the misconception that BRD just face-rolls everything but I really don't see it all that much. It has good DPS sure, but I think that the entire "it's the best DPS class ever" kinda tapered off in the past few weeks. And that's not even counting on how a lot of BRD is DoTs. Plus, its Limit Break is complete and total ass in an endgame environment where damage Limit Breaks are often really desired for a lot of fights. BRD can move around and shoot at the same time? Well... yeah, that's kind of the point of archery. And so many endgame bosses focuses on dodging AOEs of all kinds of ranges to the point where every class has to deal with it (except for maybe the tank in fights like Titan).

And despite all of this, BRD still has a great amount of its arsenal that is completely situational (Shadowbind and that jump back move), very TP intensive (all of its aoes), or completely useless (Foe's Requiem and Swiftsong). It could have been a good silencer, but outside of Chimera and maybe some Coil stuff, what other attacks are silencable/worth silencing? I understand that they probably intended Bard to be a support class, but outside of its damage, it's really only a MP/TP Battery at the moment.

wut

Kenai

Edit: Also, please, shorten the cool down on War Stun! D:

This needs to happen. I am still baffled that the difference in stun CDs is so large.

I'm sure they will just nerf their overall damage. A combination of being out of a lot of dangerous short-range AoE so being less of a drain on healer mana + not needing much positioning at all to get max DPS + lack of casting time on almost everything = consistently big numbers with comparatively little risk. If they didn't have a healer LB they'd probably be stacked to an embarrassing degree. Most DPS classes are technically capable of higher DPS than BRD, but it doesn't matter if those situations are so few and far in-between on top of having extra downsides.

The utility doesn't hurt either, but I'm not sure they will be so quick to touch that.

Mileena

Banned

I party with a lot of people like you who think req is useless. You're not a good BRD if you think that, point blank. Put up soul voice + req then ask the BLM how his damage is going, it's essentially a free buff for the BLM (which is definitely the actual best DPS class)

you should start reading the abilities you get, they don't all suck.

MechaX

I have never, ever, ever found Swiftsong useful in any context. Maybe it comes in handy for speed runs or something, but having to recast it after every battle is rather annoying. As for Foe's Requiem, lower elemental resistance might be nice, but I would probably rather use my MP to refuel MP/TP at clutch moments.

I party with a lot of people like you who think req is useless. You're not a good BRD if you think that, point blank. Put up soul voice + req then ask the BLM how his damage is going, it's essentially a free buff for the BLM (which is definitely the actual best DPS class)

you should start reading the abilities you get, they don't all suck.

The first time I tried using Foe's Requiem in a DF group, the BLM flat out said that not much was different in his output, or just plain didn't notice. All the other times I have been partied with mage classes, no one has ever even brought up Req as an option. In hindsight, yeah, calling it useless might be an exaggeration. But in my experience, it has been extremely situational depending on DF make-ups, or just ignored in a lot of other situations.

This needs to happen. I am still baffled that the difference in stun CDs is so large.

WAR stun was made similar to DPS stuns for unfathomable reasons. It's a clearly a design oversight but the fact they are addressing it suggests they do pay attention to feedback.

The part that amuses me is that Yoshi admitted he's only actually played his own game up to Ifrit HM, of course WAR looks strong and amazing up to that point. When Yoshi actually reaches the Coil, assuming he ever does, then he'll see what is going on. I realize that he's way too busy to actually sit down and play his game for hours on end, but hasn't anybody on the dev team decided that it would be useful if Yoshi actually set aside a few hours every now and then to clear through the endgame content and test balance and gameplay for himself rather than rely on what his play testers are saying?

For the sake of BRDs, I hope Yoshi gets around to the Coil before he starts swinging that nerf bat everywhere.

Kintaro

The part that amuses me is that Yoshi admitted he's only actually played his own game up to Ifrit HM, of course WAR looks strong and amazing up to that point. When Yoshi actually reaches the Coil, assuming he ever does, then he'll see what is going on.

For the sake of BRDs, I hope Yoshi gets to Coil before he starts swinging that nerf bat everywhere.

You don't honestly believe that he is basing gameplay decisions solely based on his own playtime are you? >.>

I have never, ever, ever found Swiftsong useful in any context. Maybe it comes in handy for speed runs or something, but having to recast it after every battle is rather annoying. As for Foe's Requiem, lower elemental resistance might be nice, but I would probably rather use my MP to refuel MP/TP at clutch moments.

The problem is that the need to refuel MP/TP is not always there. If you have a BLM is your party there's no reason not to use Foe in a lot of situations.

Kenai

Swiftsong isn't for combat per se, but it's a party wide sprint that uses a fraction of the TP, so it's hardly useless.

And Foe Requiem is absolutely incredible for BLM and to a lesser extent SMN (their pet is mostly elemental dmg). It's also probably useful for other classes too since a lot of them have a few random elemental abilities woven into their kit (Windbite, Fists of Fire, ect.). It's not always easy to tell at a glance, but I'd argue it's every bit as valuable as the MP/TP songs for different reasons.

You don't honestly believe that he is basing gameplay decisions solely based on his own playtime are you? >.>

Being the Director-Producer of an MMO keeps you pretty goddamned busy, I can easily see his situation where he doesn't have time to sit down and play the game himself forever and ever, nor could he be blamed for it. He has, quite frankly, a lot of more important things he has to be doing.

But it sure helps when the person in charge of the game actually plays it from time to time and sees things for himself. Tanaka is the obvious example of someone who never actually played his game and it showed constantly in FFXI.

MechaX

The problem is that the need to refuel MP/TP is not always there. If you have a BLM is your party there's no reason not to use Foe in a lot of situations.

I have had way more problems with one or both healers running out of MP midway into a PUG Primal/boss/etc fight than needing to give a BLM the Req buff.

So wait, possible WAR buff, BRD nerf and quality of life changes for MNK/DRG? Aw yiss.

EDIT: Please make Steel Cyclone like 1.0 where it heals and has uber crit rate, please. Either that or give it a TP cost and remove the Wrath limitation/loss of stacks.

SRTtoZ

Just need Titan for my relic. Did ifrit through DF and that went fine then did Garuda through a group formed at revenants toll. Anyone know how geared I need to be for Titan? Right now I'm full AF with ifrit wep, DL belt and wrists, 50 greens everywhere else.

Edit: I'm a BLM

Mileena

Banned
The first time I tried using Foe's Requiem in a DF group, the BLM flat out said that not much was different in his output, or just plain didn't notice. All the other times I have been partied with mage classes, no one has ever even brought up Req as an option. In hindsight, yeah, calling it useless might be an exaggeration. But in my experience, it has been extremely situational depending on DF make-ups, or just ignored in a lot of other situations.

BTW with soul voice + requiem it's +20% damage for them I think. That's basically a raging strikes for 30 seconds then down to 10% (still a good damage buff) until you run out of mp or cancel it. I could give you evidence from coil and BLMs asking for it at the beginning of the boss only to die super early after huge crits due to a variation of buffs. It's not useless so don't ever think that, whether or not you want to use it is up to you. Whenever I see people not using it I just can't understand the logic, especially when the group has 2-4 BLMs.

Kandinsky

Question: Before I click the transfer button, I have a legacy character on Excalibur and I want to transfer my new character over there, thing is he has the same name, do I get an option to rename either character or does the system deletes the older one?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom