• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damaniel

Banned
Square-Enix.com. I created the account already for Tomb Raider, never played FFIV. On the website there's an option to link your PSN account, which I had already done.

When I try to login via the game I get "User ID and password do not match."

Ugh.

I actually had to create a new account, and I already had one from FFXIV 1.0 (complete with authenticator). I could log into the website just fine, but the same credentials wouldn't work in the PS4 client, even after removing the authenticator.

Sophia

Square-Enix.com. I created the account already for Tomb Raider, never played FFXIV. On the website there's an option to link your PSN account, which I had already done. Oh, and on the website I have to use my email to log in, not my actual user name.

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation

Try logging into the MogStation.

Also, remember, the name you see at the top of that image there is not your ID.

This goes for anyone else too. "Square-Enix.com" is not where you handle your account information or where you link your account up. You do that through the MogStation. If I log into Square-Enix.com it shows that I have no accounts linked at all, which obviously isn't true because I've played on the PS3 quite a few times.

molnizzle

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation

Try logging into the MogStation.

Also, remember, the name you see at the top of that image there is not your ID.

This goes for anyone else too. "Square-Enix.com" is not where you handle your account information or where you link your account up. You do that through the MogStation. If I log into Square-Enix.com it shows that I have no accounts linked at all, which obviously isn't true because I've played on the PS3 quite a few times.

Boy, that is dumb. I guess I shouldn't be surprised coming from Square-Enix. Why the hell would my account mean something different on a different website? Apparently my ID is actually "molvetica4," which must have been automatically assigned to me as I would never be content with having a number in my username.

I guess I'll try logging in again with the 4. On the MogStation I can't actually do anything without entering a product code for FFXIV.

Sophia

Boy, that is dumb. I guess I shouldn't be surprised coming from Square-Enix. Why the hell would my account mean something different on a different website? Apparently my ID is actually "molvetica4," which must have been automatically assigned to me as I would never be content with having a number in my username.

I guess I'll try logging in again with the 4. On the MogStation I can't actually do anything without entering a product code for FFXIV.

That means your account is not actually linked to PSN. If it was, you'd have a a service account for the beta. Try logging in with the proper info and linking it through the game launcher itself.

Yeah the ID they sent me was different then the one I created so be sure to double check and make sure your SE ID is just not different. The number on the end had changed for me.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Holy hell this launcher is small lol

Gonna finally give 2.0 a shot, was in the pc alpha/beta before but didnt do much with it.

molnizzle

That means your account is not actually linked to PSN. If it was, you'd have a a service account for the beta. Try logging in with the proper info and linking it through the game launcher itself.

Yeah, it's asking me now if I want to link up with the molvetica4 ID.

Problem is, I don't. I have OCD and I don't like that stupid number. Unfortunately when I go to close the account, it says that I won't be able to use the same email address to open another. I only have one email address and I have no interest in creating another just because Square doesn't know how people use the Internet. Idiots.

Back to my other games I go.

Sophia

Yeah, it's asking me now if I want to link up with the molvetica4 ID.

Problem is, I don't. I have OCD and I don't like that stupid number. Unfortunately when I go to close the account, it says that I won't be able to use the same email address to open another. I only have one email address and I have no interest in creating another just because Square doesn't know how people use the Internet. Idiots.

Back to my other games I go.

That number is not actually used in game, only for logging in, and it is not Square's fault that you tried to sidestep the launcher entirely. :p

Corran Horn

Just hit r3 and you zoom in

helpful i guess lol
D5Brpp5.png

molnizzle

That number is not actually used in game, only for logging in, and it is not Square's fault that you tried to sidestep the launcher entirely. :p

I didn't try to sidestep anything, I just already had an account created from a different S-E game. How the hell would I even know about that stupid numbered username if you hadn't pointed be towards this "MogStation?" Why in the world is the S-E username I created for Tomb Raider not my actual username? Shit makes no sense.

Cess007

Man, really, what was SE thinking with the damn small text/screen in the launcher? Anyway, i'm just making time before trying the Beta (midnight here on PST); it's a shame that in the end couldn't import my character from the Beta on PS3 :/

Sophia

I didn't try to sidestep anything, I just already had an account created from a different S-E game. How the hell would I even know about that stupid numbered username if you hadn't pointed be towards this "MogStation?" Why in the world is the username I created for Tomb Raider not my actual username? Shit makes no sense.

Next time just do it through the launcher? The official website makes it pretty clear all account related info is handled through the MogStation.

At any rate, I wouldn't let a number stop you from enjoying the game. You'll never see it again past the initial log in anyhow.

molnizzle

Next time just do it through the launcher? The official website makes it pretty clear all account related info is handled through the MogStation.

At any rate, I wouldn't let a number stop you from enjoying the game. You'll never see it again past the initial log in anyhow.

Do you check the official website for every game you play? Because I check it for zero of them.

Besides, I did do it through the launcher. That was my problem, I couldn't login to my account because the launcher said my username or password was incorrect. It was incorrect because I had been assigned some numbered username "in the background" when I originally registered the S-E account in Tomb Raider. I would never have even KNOWN that username had you not pointed me towards the stupid MogStation -- which is never mentioned in the launcher, BTW.

This is almost Nintendo-level incompetence.

Corran Horn

I didn't try to sidestep anything, I just already had an account created from a different S-E game. How the hell would I even know about that stupid numbered username if you hadn't pointed be towards this "MogStation?" Why in the world is the S-E username I created for Tomb Raider not my actual username? Shit makes no sense.

Square ID shit is just weird as fuck. Then add onto it there are like Square NA accounts too instead of regular SQ accounts

Gaz_RB

Yeah loading up the launcher and stuff reminded me of logging into Everquest on the PS2. Shit never changes. Console MMOs are such strange beasts.

Sophia

Square ID shit is just weird as fuck. Then add onto it there are like Square NA accounts too instead of regular SQ accounts

They definitely should unify their account systems better, but I imagine it's probably a nightmare from a technical perspective.

Yeah loading up the launcher and stuff reminded me of logging into Everquest on the PS2. Shit never changes. Console MMOs are such strange beasts.

This launcher stuff is pretty simple as far as MMORPGs go, even if it's not the most elegant of solutions. Using PlayOnline on the PS2 was far worse. >.<;

Gaz_RB

This launcher stuff is pretty simple as far as MMORPGs go, even if it's not the most elegant of solutions. Using PlayOnline on the PS2 was far worse. >.<;

Yeah no doubt. It's just funny how much it reminded me of trying to play online on the PS2. Poor thing.

Sophia

I asked before, but what servers are Gaffers planning on playing in? Ultros was where PC gaf usually stuck to.

We don't know the beta servers for the first phase, so we can't answer that question.

The second phase will be taking place on the live servers, meaning Ultros is the place to go.

Seems that downloading and running the PS3 version that was on sale in December was a good call. When I loaded up the PS4 version my account info was already input and I just to type my password.

And apparently I was part of the PS3 beta?! I had no idea.

I forgot my Square Enix ID and/or password, and I'm getting a "Birthday is Invalid" error when I try to reset it. Am I just SOL since SE's support isn't in on the weekends?

Navy Bean

Anyone else keep getting System Error 20019 when they try to load the client? SE seems to be making this needlessly complex to simply try out a beta. Of course, I'm really impatient too...

Oops, I see I'm not the only one. Servers probably getting hit hard.

Corran Horn

Seems that downloading and running the PS3 version that was on sale in December was a good call. When I loaded up the PS4 version my account info was already input and I just to type my password.

And apparently I was part of the PS3 beta?! I had no idea.

Do I actually need to DL and install the PS3 version to be able to upgrade to ps4? I bought it during one of those sales but dont really feel like going through all of that lol.

Sophia

Do I actually need to DL and install the PS3 version to be able to upgrade to ps4? I bought it during one of those sales but dont really feel like going through all of that lol.

It depends. If you bought a physical copy and have a product key, you can just register said key to your account at the MogStation after you have set up the beta on PS4.

If you bought it digitally, you will need to download and install the PS3 version and create and/or link a Square-Enix account to your PSN.

In either case, activating the account will start the 30 day free trial. You can wait until closer to the PS4 release if you wish to save the free trial, as having preexisting account is not required for playing either phase of the beta.

Like an hour left right?

Two more hours.

I may be most excited to hear the soundtrack myself lol. Can't get enough classic final fantasy music. That intro screen music played for Atleast half an hour

AmyS

So I should be good to go whenever the beta goes live.

Managed to reset my password after I talked to support at SE some hours ago. After identifying my account / info, the person was able to tell me exactly what I had initially used as my email, as far as case-sensitivity.

They seriously need to redesign the launcher before FFXIV goes prime-time in April for everybody. Using a cropped / small PS4 web browser makes everything such an incredible pain. It's either very stupid/lazy, or it is on purpose. No idea.

I was able to log in on PS4 and verify that its for FFXIV beta test or whatever it wanted, just a short time ago.

I'm in Central Time so if this goes live at "0:00 a.m. (PST)" like it says I assume that means 2:00 AM for me in Chicago, and 3:00 AM for you guys in Eastern. ??

BadHand

so how long are we waiting for the confirmation email with the code?

says it expires in 1 hour but I've been waiting 40 minutes.

Korezo

I keep getting a system error 20019 @ 50%.. Wth is wrong, maybe it's a sign to not even get back to the game again. I already deleted and re downloaded the whole game again.

confirmation code came in. guess I should have waited a wee bit longer

edit: And the code is useless since I backed out initially when the email took forever to show up. Fuck. Guess I have to wait until tomorrow night

Mengetsu

Ok so im at the install screen and I keep getting an error code of 20019 when it gets to about 50%. Is this because the game is not out yet because this is the second time I deleted it and downloaded the game....can anyone help?

Edit: Same problem as person a few post above me.

I am trying this. I downloaded everything the other day, got it updated, found and logged into my old SE account,.....preparing first time setup. I'm excited!!!!

smoothj

I played FFXI but never got anywhere near endgame but I did like the playstyle.

I'm excited hoping to play tonight. I'm sure the servers wont be too kind. I want to join the server most of GAF joins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom