• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

Ok so im at the install screen and I keep getting an error code of 20019 when it gets to about 50%. Is this because the game is not out yet because this is the second time I deleted it and downloaded the game....can anyone help?

Edit: Same problem as person a few post above me.

I got that on my first download attempt as well. I selected retry download and it picked up right where it left off and completed the rest of the download smoothly.

Mengetsu

I got that on my first download attempt as well. I selected retry download and it picked up right where it left off and completed the rest of the download smoothly.

I'll try again but i didn't see a retry option it gives me the error code and resets the game.

Jomjom

Banned
Am i supposed to have a new tab on Mogstation titled "Final Fantasy XIV 2". Its separate from my account but yet not. "Final Fantasy XIV 1" tab shows all my characters and registered items and whatnot.

CLBridges

I'll try again but i didn't see a retry option it gives me the error code and resets the game.

I think the PS4 let's you retry the download when you highlight the download itself and then press the Options button on the controller. If I'm remembering correctly of what I did.

Rsinart

Looking forward to playing this. I played through all the PC betas and enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing what changes were made. I was really busy with work when the game released on PC and by the time I was going to buy it I figured I was way behind most players so I chose against it. Hope this can pull me back in and I can start from release.

I bought this digitally on the PS3 and am waiting to log in to save the free trial for when the PS4 version is out. I already have an account since I played the pc version for awhile and i unsubscribed. If I log in on the PS4 beta, it won't activate my free trial will it?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I bought this digitally on the PS3 and am waiting to log in to save the free trial for when the PS4 version is out. I already have an account since I played the pc version for awhile and i unsubscribed. If I log in on the PS4 beta, it won't activate my free trial will it?

I doubt it? 1. Because the beta in general is free. 2. Because your progress in the first phase of the beta isn't even carried over into what will be paid service later.

Mengetsu

I think the PS4 let's you retry the download when you highlight the download itself and then press the Options button on the controller. If I'm remembering correctly of what I did.
I'll be in the game like this at about 50% and it will say:"A system error has occurred: 20019"

D5Brpp5.png

But yea no retry in because it's in game already when the error is happening...I have no idea what to do. I'm not finding this problem anywhere else on the internet right now. This has been since yesterday.

katagai

Am i supposed to have a new tab on Mogstation titled "Final Fantasy XIV 2". Its separate from my account but yet not. "Final Fantasy XIV 1" tab shows all my characters and registered items and whatnot.

Is there anything important listed for the second tab? Second tab means you've registered something to a new game account that is separate from your main account (first tab). A ton of people during launch mistakenly registered their CD keys/serial numbers as "new accounts" instead of adding them to their main account and had to contact customer support to have them merged.

fedexpeon

Banned
Has this game add more endgame stuff yet?
After getting my relic+ on my PLD, I had nothing to do but grinding more stuff for my DRG.

The game was really great within the 1-2 months I played, and I am hoping that it is a good time to come back(for more fate grinding).

Faustek

Anyway I searched the thread and scanned through came up with zero so I'll be asking.

Does anyone know if there is any difference in the CE's of this and the PC version? As in physical goods. I really liked the new art book that came with the 2.0 launch and I'll love to get more to flip through.

Not interested in the digital things as I already own both the PC CE's and the normal PS3 one.

I can't wait to play this on my Vita :D

sono

I have registered on the square enix (uk account) about 45 mins ago, still dont have my email to confirm registration.

How long does this email take to arrive ?

Great rendition of Prelude at startup. Those tones never get old.

Only 15 more minutes woohoo! I'm genuinely excited to check this out. Hopefully the servers are ok, but not expecting it unless everyone who will load it up tomorrow are in bed

I have registered on the square enix (uk account) about 45 mins ago, still dont have my email to confirm registration.

How long does this email take to arrive ?

mine came right away pretty much. You sure you entered your email correctly? check your spam box as well (although mine came in inbox).

------

I'm all ready to go! Do not know anything whatsoever about this game and am a noob when it comes to MMOs lol

It's the only thing keeping me from deleting it atm.

Been trying since yesterday to create an account.. And awaiting an Email for confirmation One Time Code.
Tried multiple times,..
Absolute bullshit!

Have you checked your spambox? They can end up there in the mail.

Is this game playable solo? I'm not really into groups and like to do my own thing. The only MMO I've played was WoW and that was only for about a week

Jacobbles

Is this game playable solo? I'm not really into groups and like to do my own thing. The only MMO I've played was WoW and that was only for about a week

Almost entirely, yes. You will need to group up for dungeons but pretty much everything else is totally doable solo. I hit 50 adventuring just me and my chocobo.

First time I signed up for SE account it was through the in game login area. That code never reached my main email account.

So went to my computer and did it again through the main SE website and that email hit within minutes. It errored when I hit the " click here to confirm email address " and then gave me a token error so I thought it had messed up. But then went back to my email and the activation confirmation was there. Signed into the game and no problem since.

So if no code yet after awhile, try a different email from the main SE website.

Yes, except there are mandatory dungeons in the story that you have to complete to proceed.

But other than that all quests are completely soloable.

CLBridges

Majority of the game is solo-able. There are dungeons and trials that require other players to participate with you, but it gives you a queue to register yourself (Duty Finder), so you don't have to look for other players manually. But, as far as the majority of main/side quests you can do them by yourself (as I did).

Yea, until you reach end game.

Almost entirely, yes. You will need to group up for dungeons but pretty much everything else is totally doable solo. I hit 50 adventuring just me and my chocobo.

Yes, except there are mandatory dungeons in the story that you have to complete to proceed.

But other than that all quests are completely soloable.

Majority of the game is solo-able. There are dungeons and trials that require other players to participate with you, but it gives you a queue to register yourself (Duty Finder), so you don't have to look for other players manually. But, as far as the majority of main/side quests you can do them by yourself (as I did).

Thanks. I might give it a try, even if I do run into a wall eventually

First time I signed up for SE account it was through the in game login area. That code never reached my main email account.

So went to my computer and did it again through the main SE website and that email hit within minutes. It errored when I hit the " click here to confirm email address " and then gave me a token error so I thought it had messed up. But then went back to my email and the activation confirmation was there. Signed into the game and no problem since.

So if no code yet after awhile, try a different email from the main SE website.

I signed up through the in game login area as well (just recently), worked perfectly fine o__O

wohoo time to play!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom