• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chatin

I had that issue. Remember that your ID and nickname are two different things. The SE site shows your nick, you need the corresponding ID name.

edit: oh yeah, what Man says too about the extra space. That is devious with how small everything is.

I experienced something similar a few pages back, here's the steps I did to handle it:
Thanks both. Yeah, turns out I was using my username from the one site and not my Square ID. All sorted now!

Confused now. Why do I show two separate service accounts? For some reasons the PS4 beta is registered to both. One is my active account I use for PC/PS3 and the other just shows inactive.

Sophia

Confused now. Why do I show two separate service accounts? For some reasons the PS4 beta is registered to both. One is my active account I use for PC/PS3 and the other just shows inactive.

I'm not sure. It's like that for me as well. I assume it's just intentional for the beta or something.

Chris_C

I would just like to say, Square Enix are a bunch of morons. And idiots.

I downloaded this 10GB file, fire it up and it asks me for my Square Enix name, password, and "one time password" (USING A BROWSER INTERFACE ON CONSOLE).

I have an account because I played the beta on PS3. I can't remember the details, so I elect to change my password. I do this, and it asks me for my security question. I have to go through each one of the five because hell if I know what question I chose. (USING A BROWSER INTERFACE ON CONSOLE).

Finally, I reset my password, I get confirmation of this, and then proceed to enter the new password and one time password. Except they don't work. I figure I'll go through the whole process again. (USING A BROWSER INTERFACE ON CONSOLE).

I reset again, and get confirmation of the update, try to log in again, and it doesn't work.

I boot up my PC and reset the password there. It doesn't work. So you know, keep your game Square. In fact, all you publishers forcing players to create accounts that link to your proprietary network and don't have a single button solution tied to that on console? Keep your game.

I already have a lousy Square Enix account, and when I log in on PSN, it should log me into that stupid thing.

Okay, done ranting now. Thanks guys!

reson8or

I downloaded this 10GB file, fire it up and it asks me for my Square Enix name, password, and "one time password" (USING A BROWSER INTERFACE ON CONSOLE).

I have an account because I played the beta on PS3. I can't remember the details, so I elect to change my password. I do this, and it asks me for my security question. I have to go through each one of the five because hell if I know what question I chose. (USING A BROWSER INTERFACE ON CONSOLE).

Finally, I reset my password, I get confirmation of this, and then proceed to enter the new password and one time password. Except they don't work. I figure I'll go through the whole process again. (USING A BROWSER INTERFACE ON CONSOLE).

I reset again, and get confirmation of the update, try to log in again, and it doesn't work.

I boot up my PC and reset the password there. It doesn't work. So you know, keep your game Square. In fact, all you publishers forcing players to create accounts that link to your proprietary network and don't have a single button solution tied to that on console? Keep your game.

I already have a lousy Square Enix account, and when I log in on PSN, it should log me into that stupid thing.

I get it, you're excited to play or try the game, and can't I know that frustration . It was like that for me when the PS3 Beta was going. All I can say is, wait for a bit, play something else, but by all means give the game a try when shit isn't broken. It's a hell of a game, and worth at least a try.

JJD

I had the same issue. Had to reset my password about 5 times and it still didn't work.

After a long time I had the brilliant idea of putting my id and password and leaving the one time password slot empty and it finally worked.

So if anyone is having problems with the site/game not recognizing their password just leave the one time password slot empty and you should be able to log in.

So I've never played an MMO before. From briefly reading the linked OT is the combat like KOTOR? It says there's free movement but with cool down.

JJD

Sophia

The problem is that you are asked to create a one time password when you register.

I bet a lot of people are having this issue right now.

You're not asked to create one. The "One Time Password" is generated uniquely on the security token. Once, as its name implies. The login screen just has a box for it should you have a security token on the account. :p

Normally, there is something you can click to find out what a One Time Password is. But it's not displaying because the beta hasn't started yet.

Cmagus

Its best to let this roll out and try again I am having issues as well. When I start the beta I have to agree to the terms over and over each time.

This is the first phase of the beta give them time to sort this out. As for the tiny launcher window its probably temp to get the beta started up. No point getting worked up if anyone thinks they are gonna jump in and start playing right away might be in for a surprise as there is gonna be some serious server load. Your passwords probably aren't going through even though you did them as this was an issue in the pc beta as well it will sort itself out.

Shit I didn't even think about the best server to play on being in Australia. I want to play with GAF, but I also don't want terrible lag, what's the best option for Aussies?

Dante316

For the people having trouble with one time password. Just leave it BLANK, only put your SQUARE ENIX PASSWORD. You will move on. Hope this helps

Yeah I am in a spot now too. Got my confirmation email and when I clicked the " click here to activate your account " it showed a 504 error or whatever. Tried it again and then it showed " this token has already been used "

What now?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You're not asked to create one. The "One Time Password" is generated uniquely on the security token. Once, as its name implies. The login screen just has a box for it should you have a security token on the account. :p

Normally, there is something you can click to find out what a One Time Password is. But it's not displaying because the beta hasn't started yet.
They really should have a little explanation of what the One Time Password is. I didn't know what it was about so I just skipped it and I was surprised when that worked, haha.

JJD

When you register below the two slots for your password and confirmation there is one for the one time password. That slot should not be there if you're not required to create a one time password at the moment you register. I'm not talking about the login screen I'm talking about the registration one.

The whole registration process is clunky and not intuitive.

Cmagus

When you register below the two slots for your password and confirmation there is one for the one time password. That slot should not be there if you're not required to create a one time password at the moment you register. I'm not talking about the login screen I'm talking about the registration one.

The whole registration process is clunky and not intuitive.

Its there for people who already have the game and a security token who are signing up for the beta.

Sophia

What do I have to do to join this beta? Do I just download from the store?

Yup, just download.

They really should have a little explanation of what the One Time Password is. I didn't know what it was about so I just skipped it and I was surprised when that worked, haha.

Like I said, normally there is an explanation there. But it's a beta, and all the usual issues apply with that.

onetimepasswordj0ayd.jpg

Afrocious

Finally finished the download, used my controller through all those forms trying to access my Square Enix ID, and now I'm waiting for the first-time setup to complete.

I believe I was given the option to use a toon I didn't touch since the game launched. It would be cool to play as him again.

JJD

Its there for people who already have the game and a security token who are signing up for the beta.

I know that after a little bit of trial and error. People who already have their game don't need to register a new square enix account right? All I'm saying is that there is no need for the one time password slot in the registration process. It's confusing people that never played the game. There isn't even an annotation saying that step is optional and not required so a lot of people are "creating" one and having issues login in.

Silly question (assuming we're allowed to use the Stream option in the beta). If I start streaming a dungeon run, should I be asking everyone for permission to do so or should I not bother mentioning it?
Hopefully this answers your question.
Square Enix restricted photo sharing and streams during the beta phase for the PC version of the game, but for the PlayStation 4 beta phase coming February 22, there won’t be any restrictions and Yoshida encourages players to share as much as they want using the PS4 Share function.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/2...ally-move-beyond-playstation-3-says-producer/

Jigorath

Banned
Finally got logged in and now I'm good to go. No classes tomorrow so I'll be staying up for this. Hope the servers aren't fucked.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yup, just download.

Like I said, normally there is an explanation there. But it's a beta, and all the usual issues apply with that.

sent ya a friend request on PS4.....what server are we choosing for Beta?

I saw a quick glimpse earlier and it said PS4 Beta 1-6, they might have added more since than though.

Nevermind, rechecked my email and the confirmation went through it just gave me an error instead of sending me to the page.

Now I just have to link this account to my PSN account and should be good to go!

Just sucks I will have to go to work tomorrow! 7:00am start .. so waiting till 2:00am for the servers to open is ... dangerous lol. I will want to create a character, start up the game and experience a little of it first ... yeah ... dangerous thought. Could be 4:00am before I know it.

What a shitty assed registration process. 10 screens in a tiny little box on a web browser layout requiring a separate account.

Reminds me of the MGO days.

So after digging around it seems you can go through a lengthy process and get SE to unlink your PSN ID, however if I play the beta on the account it is linked to now then I will not be able to change it and unlink it from the PSN ID.

So in order to play the beta I have to make a new PSN ID and SE ID and I should be ok. Does this sound right?

Gaz_RB

Staying up for this, even though it probably won't actually work at midnight like it's supposed to.

So Ultros or whatever for GAF? I'll be on most the weekend.

Gaz_RB if anyone wants to add me so we can party up

Got into the main lobby it looks like and now doing the first time setup stuff. Love the music playing! I can keep this on all night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom