• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never played this game, almost no MMO experience. In RPGs I am usually a warrior class, I like fighting, so what should I be? Also since this is beta I should experiment a bit, what classes are fun with combat?

A question about the full game, is there an ending, like an ending to a main storyline and a sort of "final boss"?

Yeah wish they would just open it up now as a surprise and get some people in before the massive rush at 2:00amCST.

Very tempting to stay up and try to play BUT ...... Yeah maybe .... Maybe not ..... I may end up flipping a coin lol

raven777

Never played this game, almost no MMO experience. In RPGs I am usually a warrior class, I like fighting, so what should I be? Also since this is beta I should experiment a bit, what classes are fun with combat?

A question about the full game, is there an ending, like an ending to a main storyline and a sort of "final boss"?

In MMOs(including XIV) warriors and Paladin are tankers, so they are suppose to be like the shield of the party, not dealing the damage. If you are interesting in attacking and getting damage as meele, your choice are Lancer(Dragoon) and Pugilist(Monk).

And yes, the full game has a final boss and an ending to the main storyline.

Classes that are fun Dps are Monk,Dragoon and Black Mage. All fun to me thus far.

And yup, theres an end to the main storyline with a final boss.

wait, is this only for PS4 players, like we don't play with PC or PS3 players?

I'll have my friend help me if we can play with pc people, he plays everyday B^)

jiggle

even after final boss, the story will continue on with every content update though

I'll have my friend help me if we can play with pc people, he plays everyday B^)
you are only walled off during 1st phase of the beta

Qvoth

monk should be the funnest for combat, at the very late game i think they're the top damage dealers too
melee dps is harder to play than ranged though, that's just the way it is

no real ending to the main storyline yet, they're going to add 3 or 4 more levels to the hardest raid in the march? 2.2 patch, which will continue the story

raven777

afaik the early stages of the beta you get dedicated server for PS4, so you can only play with PS4 people. After a while, they will open up the server and you will be able to play with PS3/PC.

Victrix

*beard*
Dropping by briefly just to say that while I burnt out on the PC version and don't play anymore, just going through the story and quests alone is worth the price of admission.

This is a legit, full fledged FF game, and the mechanics, classes, and dungeons and especially the translation are all spitshined.

It's a pretty, fun game. If you're sick of mmos or wow-ish clones, you won't find anything new here, but if you're new or you enjoy them, you should have a good time with it.

Falafel supremacy.

Dropping by briefly just to say that while I burnt out on the PC version and don't play anymore, just going through the story and quests alone is worth the price of admission.

This is a legit, full fledged FF game, and the mechanics, classes, and dungeons and especially the translation are all spitshined.

It's a pretty, fun game. If you're sick of mmos or wow-ish clones, you won't find anything new here, but if you're new or you enjoy them, you should have a good time with it.

Falafel supremacy.

Thanks everyone!

And this is exactly what I wanted to hear about the main storyline.

Falafel supremacy.

interesting

katagai

I'd recommend Lancer (Dragoon) or Pugilist (Monk) to start with. With Gladiator (Paladin) and Marauder (Warrior), these roles are more for tanking than dealing damage. Also you won't be able to change classes/roles until you hit level 10 and finish your level 10 class quest. Once you can change classes though, I'd recommend trying everything out to see what you like and don't like.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I admire your dedication but this is a joke. Just look at it. Why would anyone need to download 2 copies of the same game just to play it on different account on the same console? No other games require that.

And in some countries like mine, downloading 2 apps pretty much halfing the bandwidth allocation (I only get 50GB/month). If it wasn't the 22nd today, I wouldn't have downloaded it since I only have 2 days of dealing with shaped speed before the bandwidth is reset on the 24th.

This really saps my desire to even try the beta, let alone buying the game and subscribing to it.

Don't do that! You'll get stuck with that temp Square Enix ID like the guy a few post above you.

Ah, one is the Japanese version that kept telling me I needed a promo code so instead of linking my Japanese PSN name to it, I just downloaded the US one real quick because I wanted to keep everything under one name.

zychi

Banned
I would just like to say, Square Enix are a bunch of morons. And idiots.

I downloaded this 10GB file, fire it up and it asks me for my Square Enix name, password, and "one time password" (USING A BROWSER INTERFACE ON CONSOLE).

I have an account because I played the beta on PS3. I can't remember the details, so I elect to change my password. I do this, and it asks me for my security question. I have to go through each one of the five because hell if I know what question I chose. (USING A BROWSER INTERFACE ON CONSOLE).

Finally, I reset my password, I get confirmation of this, and then proceed to enter the new password and one time password. Except they don't work. I figure I'll go through the whole process again. (USING A BROWSER INTERFACE ON CONSOLE).

I reset again, and get confirmation of the update, try to log in again, and it doesn't work.

I boot up my PC and reset the password there. It doesn't work. So you know, keep your game Square. In fact, all you publishers forcing players to create accounts that link to your proprietary network and don't have a single button solution tied to that on console? Keep your game.

I already have a lousy Square Enix account, and when I log in on PSN, it should log me into that stupid thing.

Okay, done ranting now. Thanks guys!

you should google the fifa problems on ps3 and xbox. theres a reason these companies shove these accounts down our throats. theyre trying not to get sued for breaches of security

Cmagus

I don't think it matters,you guys should be fine...I think all their servers are in Montreal anyway...

For phase 1 they have 4 servers and they will all get hit with lag.
Beta 1
Beta 2
Beta 3
Beta 4

When the game is released you have options for data centers

Elemental - Japan
Aegis / Atomos / Carbuncle / Garuda / Gungnir / Kujata / Ramuh / Tonberry / Typhon / Unicorn

Gaia - Japan
Alexander / Bahamut / Durandal / Fenrir / Ifrit / Ridill / Tiamat / Ultima / Valefor / Yojimbo / Zeromus

Mana - Japan
Anima / Asura / Belias / Chocobo / Hades / Ixion / Mandragora / Masamune / Pandaemonium / Titan

Aether - North America
Adamantoise / Balmung / Cactuar / Coeurl / Faerie / Gilgamesh / Goblin / Mateus / Midgardsormr / Sargatanas / Siren / Zalera

Primal - North America
Behemoth / Brynhildr / Diabolos / Excalibur / Exodus / Famfrit / Hyperion / Lamia / Leviathan / Malboro / Ultros

Chaos - EU
Cerberus / Lich / Moogle / Odin / Phoenix / Ragnarok / Shiva

So to encourage more PS4 players to play tank, this is how near endgame Tanks look like (because I'm still not in BiS atm):

PLD (Paladin)

WAR (Warrior)

Tiv you better not text Yennaiv D:

Take off your helmet so we can see your face gryv.

And yes, this game has an impressive task shortage even by the standards of most Trinity MMOs.

^ Maybe I will be a tank, I will try stuff out in the beta.

Question about MMOs in general, I know this game has a crafting class. What do you do, look for items and build stuff all day? Why would I want to do that?

I'm going Dragoon first you better fuckin believe it. Favorite ever FF class. Also loved playing a Red MAge in FFXI and getting my full suit at 40.

If you push R3 the text gets bigger. Twice goes even bigger.

todd360

Take off your helmet so we can see your face gryv.

And yes, this game has an impressive task shortage even by the standards of most Trinity MMOs.

So I should roll a tank?

edit: I deleted the beta and i'm currently redownloading due to the error code issue. I noticed that the game now says its 10 gb but my what I just deleted said it was 38 gb.

molnizzle

How do I log in? I'm stuck on the initial windowed browser screen (how idiotic).

I've tried both my email address and actual ID name for the S~E ID, and I'm using the same password I use on the website. Web login is fine. I've been leaving "One-Time Password" blank as per instructions in this thread.

WTF?

Mrbob

Updating my game client currently. I created a Square Enix account on the PC and then linked it from PS4. I was pleasantly surprised when the game client found my PSN data right away so I didn't have to put info in again. I just logged in with my Square Enix account and let the client do the rest.

molnizzle

How do I log in? I'm stuck on the initial windowed browser screen (how idiotic).

I've tried both my email address and actual ID name for the S~E ID, and I'm using the same password I use on the website. Web login is fine. I've been leaving "One-Time Password" blank as per instructions in this thread.

WTF?

Anyone?

I've already linked my PSN to S-E account from my computer. Shouldn't I just be cruising right along here? Why the fuck can I not log in?

Sophia

Anyone?

I've already linked my PSN to S-E account from my computer. Shouldn't I just be cruising right along here? Why the fuck can I not log in?

What web page are you logging into, just out of curiosity? You should be able to log in using your S-E ID (not your email) and password.

More then that, if your accounts are properly linked, it should fill in the ID spot for you automatically.

molnizzle

What web page are you logging into, just out of curiosity? You should be able to log in using your S-E ID (not your email) and password.

More then that, if your accounts are properly linked, it should fill in the ID spot for you automatically.

Square-Enix.com. I created the account already for Tomb Raider, never played FFXIV. On the website there's an option to link your PSN account, which I had already done. Oh, and on the website I have to use my email to log in, not my actual user name.

nvgESIY.png

When I try to login via the game I get "User ID and password do not match."

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom