• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmiq

How'd you pick up the pets mounts and helms?? Unless you had an acct with the collectors edition? Since I also had that for PC.

Yeah I've been playing XIV since phase 2 of 1.0..still pissed I lost my FF cup and the cloth map in one of my half dozen moves since then ><. When I logged in I had 11mail, went to the mail moogle and picked them all up (Well most, have a 2nd Fantasia in there).

Marceles

Jumped on Beta 1 server and ran around for 10 min to see performance. The game runs pretty damn smooth with settings that look higher than what I can do on my PC (barely midrange). Pretty nice upgrade for me. I'm impressed. The touchpad support is really nice too.

Definitely more than PS3 can do. Now I don't even wanna go back :(

sono

When the beta finishes if I wish to continue playing can you confirm I will have to

buy the game (seems reasonable - but how much)
enter into a paid subscription agreement with SquareEnix in addition to my existing agreement with Sony for PS+ (paid se as well does not seem at all reasonable, if I have to buy the game as well..)

is all of the above correct ?

When the beta finishes if I wish to continue playing can you confirm I will have to

enter into a paid subscription agreement with SquareEnix in addition to my existing agreement with Sony for PS+ (paid se as well does not seem at all reasonable)

you don't need PS+ for this.

Gaz_RB

enter into a paid subscription agreement with SquareEnix in addition to my existing agreement with Sony for PS+ (paid se as well does not seem at all reasonable)

You have to buy the game. You need a game subscribtion with SE. You don't need PS+.

grimmiq

I don't think you need PS+ for subscription games, you'll have to buy the game ($40 on Amazon, idk if this will be accurate, if you have it on PS3 (AU$28 @ EBgames), I think you get a free upgrade)

You can either set up a subscription or buy prepaid time cards.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
ugh, this text is so damn SMALL! I'm playing the game on a 40" TV, and I have to lean forward to read some of the text. It's like Killzone: Shadowfall all over again.

Yoday

I believe you get a free upgrade to the PS4 version if you have it on PS3. I bought it when it was on sale on PSN for $10 just in case. I also bought the original release of the game some years ago on Amazon for $8, so I have spent a total of $18 on this game and have it on PC, PS3, and PS4. Now all I need is the will to actually play the game.

RaikuHebi

Banned
xVyoSl.jpg

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If I have a character on the PC version, is it supposed to show up when I start this? I swear I read that would be the case but I can only make a new char.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom