• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keylow415

the game is so pretty. i play it on high on my PC but man on my tv its beautiful and it looks better. im sikp the beta tho. i just don't want to start over :/

sono

you don't need PS+ for this.

Thanks for the replies and while that may be technically correct for this game, I am unlikely to be buying a PS4 just for this game. Sony say that a PS+ subscription is required to play the majority of other PS4 games online, so the PS+ cost is there in any event.

Akauser

Banned
Remote Play looks fantastic the touchpad is also more forgiving coz you have the whole screen. but if any gaffers need reading glasses then you best pull em out!

sono

What is the URL for people to give feedback on the PS4 beta specifically please (can that be added to the op?)

Beta Server 1 is already full I guess.

I'm on Beta Server 2 and there are a SHITLOAD of people around attuning to the aetheryte for the first time. It's 1 am Pacific right now. The #thirst is real.

The game looks exactly the same as my PC version on Maximum settings. Squenix really did an amazing job with this port. It runs smoothly as well and yes it is capped at 30fps. There is no option such as on the PC version to unlock the framerate.

Lucent

Keep getting "new characters cannot be made on this World at this time." =/

EDIT: Nvm. Found I had to refresh the worlds.

EDIT: Okay so now I get the que thing. Don't remember having this problem with the PS3 beta. Oh well, off to bed.

Marceles

Doubt I'll use remote play for anything but crafting and gathering, but still useful if I want to be really lazy. The lag is a little more minimal than I thought it would be, but it's there

Tratorn

Man wtf, why can't I login with my account of the PS3-beta? And when I want to create a new one they just don't send me the f'ing e-mail to begin the registration...
SE's account system sucks so hard.

SMK

For those of you who having trouble reading the chat log, you can increase the font size under character configuration. You can also go into the HUD layout menu to make different parts of it bigger. This won't help with the npc dialogue text size though.

Nokterian

I am thinking of buying it on Steam since it's 12 euro's. So how fun is this mmo? I watched some video's and the combat looks pretty good!

Marceles

Beta Server 1 is already full I guess.

I'm on Beta Server 2 and there are a SHITLOAD of people around attuning to the aetheryte for the first time. It's 1 am Pacific right now. The #thirst is real.

The game looks exactly the same as my PC version on Maximum settings. Squenix really did an amazing job with this port. It runs smoothly as well and yes it is capped at 30fps. There is no option such as on the PC version to unlock the framerate.

I was waiting for a PC comparison, that's good news. I think they said the shadows were the only difference between PC and PS4, and yeah the framerate lock. So many people are shouting about dreading going back to PS3 after this lol

For those of you who having trouble reading the chat log, you can increase the font size under character configuration. You can also go into the HUD layout menu to make different parts of it bigger. This won't help with the npc dialogue text size though.
I saw the font size increase, I didn't realize you could increase specific Hud elements by clicking in the right stick though, since it doesn't say that you can...

Yeah they just need to do something about the NPC text

I am thinking of buying it on Steam since it's 12 euro's. So how fun is this mmo? I watched some video's and the combat looks pretty good!

My opinion: Very, very fun. The game's mechanics get more involved as you progress (Levels 1-30 are very easy, but once you unlock the upgrade to a Job, things start ramping up.) and new complexities are introduced. As long as you don't just spam FATEs to level up, you should have a pretty good grasp on things by the time you get to 50.

GeNoMe

I'm excited to play this! Just finished setting up my account.
The setup music is bringing back some good memories btw :)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom