• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabba

Banned
Does the game run smooth and snappy, for the most part? Really want a PS4 for this and a few others coming up.

Anyone tried Remote Play yet?

I'm trying it out right now.

I've already noticed that X and O are working in the JP arrangement, where O selects and X cancels. This appears to have been overlooked, it should be X selects and O cancels outside of Japan.

Text is really really tiny but just barely readable on the OLED.

Playing the local network, there is slightly more lag than playing on the TV but it's nowhere near problematic, especially for an MMO.

The mapping of L2/R2 and L3/R3 to the rear touch pad is going to give me hand cramps. Maybe I should get a set of grips for my Vita.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Any word on how the game is handling with mouse and keyboard on PS4 and anything different with the UI and such compared to each version? When I get my ps4 I might start playing on it since my pc is pretty dated and playing the game on low settings is a travesty :p

Yondy604

Banned
Guys, the UI settings can ALL be changed in the menus. You can make fonts bigger, different color, different locations. Both on vita and ps4

Soi-Fong

OC9.jpg

RC9.jpg

MC9.jpg

PC9.jpg

Just a few shots I saved from FB share.

Mims

I forgot how bad the start is in this game. Why haven't they gotten rid of these pointless run arounds for the first few levels.

Arklite

Managed to get in, the menus feel super unwieldy with the controller initially, but it looks like it works pretty well if you manage to make sense of it. Also....them skirts are damn short.

Nokterian

My opinion: Very, very fun. The game's mechanics get more involved as you progress (Levels 1-30 are very easy, but once you unlock the upgrade to a Job, things start ramping up.) and new complexities are introduced. As long as you don't just spam FATEs to level up, you should have a pretty good grasp on things by the time you get to 50.

That sounds cool..i am not really in to final fantasy so a mmo could do just the thing.

Managed to get in, the menus feel super unwieldy with the controller initially, but it looks like it works pretty well if you manage to make sense of it.

There's a definite learning curve with playing on a gamepad, but once you understand how it works, it'll become second nature to you. A keyboard might come in handy for the quick shortcuts, though (I'd recommend people get one anyways for chatting.)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Guys, the UI settings can ALL be changed in the menus. You can make fonts bigger, different color, different locations. Both on vita and ps4
Where can you change the dialogs box font size?

Marceles

I've already noticed that X and O are working in the JP arrangement, where O selects and X cancels. This appears to have been overlooked, it should be X selects and O cancels outside of Japan.

Text is really really tiny but just barely readable on the OLED.

Playing the local network, there is slightly more lag than playing on the TV but it's nowhere near problematic, especially for an MMO.

The mapping of L2/R2 and L3/R3 to the rear touch pad is going to give me hand cramps. Maybe I should get a set of grips for my Vita.

For me L2/R2 are the Vita shoulder buttons and have to tap the touch pad on the upper left to auto run for L1. Definitely will probably only craft with it or check the market. At least the feature is there but doubt I'll get hardcore use of it

SMK

Yeah it was really weird at first and that was the first thing I changed.

One thing remote play needs is the ability to map r2 and l2 to the corners of the front touchscreen like the psp emulator.

AmyS

I have no clue what I am doing. This is my first-ever MMORPG (what a way to begin right?)

All i can say is the graphics are amazing on PS4, very smooth too (60fps in this first area, not many NPCs / players)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I got into a world! But I can't remember which, lol.

How do I get rid of the message prompt in the middle of the screen here?

BhEdduxCEAAdXkp.jpg

Have to admit I'm kinda disappointed about the framerate. Thought they would be able to hit 60 on PS4.

Edit: @ above post, press the pad button like it says on the prompt.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Character Configuration > Log Window Settings > Font Size
So the dialog boxes are still the only aspect of the game that you can't resize, then. I can only hope that since everyone is playing this is on a TV that they'll get enough complaints to change this. Ridiculous that it's still not an option.

Synless

I got into a world! But I can't remember which, lol.

How do I get rid of the message prompt in the middle of the screen here?

BhEdduxCEAAdXkp.jpg
I think you hit square until it's highlighted, then hit circle to cancel it out. It's been a while since I played the console version so I may be wrong.

Edit* it's select first as the poster mentioned above, not square.

How did y'all even get in? I can't get passed the enter your SquareEnix ID screen. Everything I try gives me an "invalid password" message. And when I try to log in with a new id it says to wait for a confirmation code via email, but that code never showed up.
Can anyone help??

MilkBeard

Ha ha, there are like five people doing the same quest as me, trying to make this girl laugh. We are all running back and forth.

Corum

How did y'all even get in? I can't get passed the enter your SquareEnix ID screen. Everything I try gives me an "invalid password" message. And when I try to log in with a new id it says to wait for a confirmation code via email, but that code never showed up.
Can anyone help??

If you create a new Square Enix ID it'll ask you to enter a confirmation code that's sent to the email supplied.

I received the code within seconds.

I realise that's not much help but it might be that a lot of people are now trying to register.

If you create a new Square Enix ID it'll ask you to enter a confirmation code that's sent to the email supplied.

I received the code within seconds.

I realise that's not much help but it might be that a lot of people are now trying to register.

I wish that were the case with me. I tried that twice and I still haven't received anything. Yet when I went to reset my password, the confirmation email was sent instantly.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think you hit square until it's highlighted, then hit circle to cancel it out. It's been a while since I played the console version so I may be wrong.

Edit* it's select first as the poster mentioned above, not square.
Didn't work. I think it might be glitched. Now I have a new message in the same spot tho...?

How do I remap my pet hotbar onto my controller...

edit: this is impossible
edit 2: this is hilariously confusing but i think i got it.

mattiewheels

I see a player who's a little Vivi...how'd they do that?

RedAssedApe

Banned

Odd...mine was the opposite by default. X is select and O is cancel for me.

sono

I just watched a twitch stream of someone playing the PS4 version. The size of the world and the number of actors is impressive, however he was playing on his own accepting and doing quests and leveling up. In other FF you normally play as a group with different abilities, is it possible to do that in this game, i.e team coop and quests etc ?

Watching him play it looked a very solitary experience..

Phlebas

Banned
I just watched a twitch stream of someone playing the PS4 version. The size of the world and the number of actors is impressive, however he was playing on his own accepting and doing quests and leveling up. In other FF you normally play as a group with different abilities, is it possible to do that in this game, i.e team coop and quests etc ?

The start of the game until level 15 you aren't required to group up.

The only reason to party is FATEs when it comes to being out in the world. Aside from that, you spend most of your time in dungeons when it comes to partying, and honestly that's the most fun part of the game. Dungeons are where this game truly shines. That and primal fights which are a separate entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom