• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

ok not sure if this has been answered but gonna ask anyway.

I own FFXIV: RR on ps3 and played for a month or so.

Will I be able to log on to my account on the ps4 beta and play my character?

or is this beta for brand new characters?
You can't play your old character in the first phase. In the second phase, you can.

Sophia

Have they mentioned how the PS3 to PS4 upgrade process will work? I wonder if you can just keep the beta files.

The first phase of the beta test on PS4 is a separate client and separate server. You will not be able to use the same characters that you have on retail, and you will need to delete the client once this test is over.

The second phase of the beta test on PS4 will be on the retail servers with the same characters you already play with now.

If you already have an account (be it active or inactive) you can skip the account creation process and simply log in with your current details. The setup will add the beta to your account. Once the beta is over, you will need to either add a PS4 retail copy to the account (30 days free) or convert your PS3 account over to the PS4 (no free time) to continue.

Mikey Jr.

Going to enjoy this because I always miss out on the beginning of MMO's.

You know, when the starter areas are super quiet and not much is going on. Always love those parts.

Jeels

First phase new. Second phase your character.

Man

The login screen is available but it sais my password/login name is incorrect.
I try the same details on the online webpage and no problem. I can see that my PSN account is linked there as well.
I believe this also happened to me during the PS3 beta last year preventing me from participating.

edit 1: Wait... it worked using my username. Doesn't support e-mail as login... amateurish... but now it's complaining about lacking country of residence. Maybe you should have let me edit that in the PS4 game.. *opens SE site* ... oh I see. I already have my country (Norway) assigned. I distinctly remember facing the same problem last year with the PS3 beta as well. I would be grateful if anyone who has faced this challenge before detail their steps.

edit 2: Well... it seems like SE has a two tier system with two different websites:
http://na.square-enix.com/us/profile/edit/accounts
is the not the same as...
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/
You need to edit the identical attributes on that second site... which affects both...

edit 3: Problem was in parts the PS4 keyboard adding a space after my name was entered. This was practically impossible to see on the pocketstation sized browser window as well. This fixed my problem and I'm now updating the client proper.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The first phase of the beta test on PS4 is a separate client and separate server. You will not be able to use the same characters that you have on retail, and you will need to delete the client once this test is over.

The second phase of the beta test on PS4 will be on the retail servers with the same characters you already play with now.

If you already have an account (be it active or inactive) you can skip the account creation process and simply log in with your current details. The setup will add the beta to your account. Once the beta is over, you will need to either add a PS4 retail copy to the account (30 days free) or convert your PS3 account over to the PS4 (no free time) to continue.
Where do you convert your account? In the PS3 client?

AmyS

Alright made an account and my PS4 just finished downloading all the things that were there.

So just waiting til Sat 8 AM PST, 10 AM my time.

This is really kewl of SE to allow members of the general public to participate in the beta.

hodgy100

I really want to sub to this game but cant trust myself to stay off it long enough to finish my dissertation. So I'll play the beta to tide me over till I finish uni, then I'll go all out!

Eusis

Huh, not that I imagine many would want to go back outside of comparison purposes, but does that mean you lose your PS3 access? Or you get PS4 added on but no free time?

JP

I imagine these have been answered in one of the threads but can anybody remember how moving from Beta to Release worked in the PS3 version? Was it an update or a re-download? Is there anyway to upgrade from the Standard Edition to the Collector's Edition on the PS3 or PS4 as I'd quite like to get the extra stuff now?

jiggle

Guess I can play onigiri until beta goes up lol

Huh, not that I imagine many would want to go back outside of comparison purposes, but does that mean you lose your PS3 access? Or you get PS4 added on but no free time?
You lose your ps3 license when you convert it to ps4

Eusis

You lose your ps3 license when you convert it to ps4
I really have to wonder why SE (or SCE?) even care that much, not as if you can log in without a valid account and active subscription, and in the long term the subscription is where they get their money anyway. Not as if it's the biggest deal, but anyone who juggles the systems because of someone in the household wanting to play games on one or the other or whatever could run into issues with this.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Alright all downloaded and I logged in and downloaded some other stuff through the client. What do I need to know for tomorrow morning? Or will it all be explained through the menus?

While I won't be able to join with all GAFfers on FF XIV since it's not a good time to invest in a subscription based game I just wanted to welcome you to GAF. I'm more than sure you'll find great people and have great fun too. :)

Thanks dude! Hope you can eventually join us online!

Does anyone know if recording footage from the PS4 beta is ok for YouTube purposes? There's tons of footage of the game out there but it's from the PC version so I'm not sure if there's a difference.

MilkBeard

Add me to the list of people playing this day 1. Looking forward to it!

Yeah I'm pretty excited. I think having the console beta free and open for everyone is a brilliant idea. They can potentially tap into every single PS4 owner that has internet to get them hooked on the game.

I don't think it will be too much of any issue, this isint SE's first rodeo as far as this is concerned and they've already taken multiple steps to alleviate something like this from happening before. Consider yourselfs lucky, and imagine what it was like during Open beta, and early access for the games relaunch.

Totally this... My first week or two of FF14 on PC during early access was spent looking at the login screen trying in vain over and over again to log in.

If this is as bad as that it will be disappointing, but I feel that since PS4 is also launching in Japan this weekend things may get pretty stuffed up. Even though SE servers are separate we still have to access PSN...

Fehyd

Banned
Does anyone know if recording footage from the PS4 beta is ok for YouTube purposes? There's tons of footage of the game out there but it's from the PC version so I'm not sure if there's a difference.

Not sure? Depends on if twitch streaming and share features are enabled. If so I'd think it's ok.

Fehyd

Banned
I was planning on using my hdmi splitter to capture stuff externally..

Yeah. I'm just saying that if they've disabled the share functions then it's probably not ok. If everything's there then I imagine it's treated the same as regular pc footage.

Nice Ot , subscribed

i wonder if we'll have the infamous lines from the Phase 3 beta ( hoepfully not ) but that was funny in a way

Sophia

As someone who has never played an MMO in their life, how easy do you think it will be to get into FFXIV?

Don't be a jerk to people and you'll probably find it one of the easiest MMOs on the market to get into. It's geared towards Final Fantasy fans first, and MMO fans second.

Performing one-time setup nao. Can't wait to craft/gather on Vita! Sucks that phase 1 won't allow us to use existing characters/servers, but I plan to use the Beta to get my girlfriend into the game by letting her play on it.

Don't be a jerk to people and you'll probably find it one of the easiest MMOs on the market to get into. It's geared towards Final Fantasy fans first, and MMO fans second.

This is very true, and it blows my mind when I meet people in my Linkshells who say they've never played a FF game before this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom