• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kattbuss

Both game and expansion along with the bundle is on sale on the EU PSN store right now. I picked up Heavensward because why not.

Pachimari

Okay, I'm just gonna put aside my item code.

Hmm, very disappointing that I paid $30 and only get one costume. Oh well, that was some expensive items, guess I'm gonna watch the live stream tonight to get my moneys worth.

Chille

Ugh, that's like at 2 in the middle of the night. But besides that, I got a week's vacation and got no plans for tomorrow anyway.

[edit] Okay, so I bought the $29.99 live stream access and got an item code in my email. Where do I redeem that one?
I find it incredible that the email is in German, and that they send me to German instructions.

[edit] So I found out how to redeem it, but the instruction says this:

Does that mean, that I only get one of Yuna or Tidus' outfit?

[edit] When I try to redeem my code I get this message:

Code won't go live till around 4pm also can't claim the tidus or yuna outfit till February when eu fanfest ends, you will get 4 dream tokens can pick either Meg Ryan or yuna depending if your Male or Female.

Though I will have 12 tokens lol guess il just keep 4 for spares.

You can get the minion today though!

I won't lie... I'm going to be so jealous seeing people with the Yuna outfit since I'm a huge fan of the character. The minions are really cute as well but it is unfortunately too pricey for the content you get, imo. FFX is such a great game ;_;

Chille

I won't lie... I'm going to be so jealous seeing people with the Yuna outfit since I'm a huge fan of the character. The minions are really cute as well but it is unfortunately too pricey for the content you get, imo. FFX is such a great game ;_;

I am gonna see if we can get some fanfest codes to give away for EU fanfest but don't hold me on this.

Edit actually better remove that incase I get into shit lol

Hmm... so all this is going to start just before I get off work, EDIT: Oh wait, I'll be home by then! Still, the next 8.5 hours are going to be long as hell.

Currently going through these patching issues that have been brought up here recently. Tried to re-download normally and get an error every time. I've been patching through a VPN for about 4 hours now at less than a quarter of my typical DL speed. Only 6 more hours to go!

Well I was finally able to find a DNS that worked. Thank goodness! So ready to start playing this again.
Mind if I asked what DNS setting you guys used? Heading into day 4 of path attempts.

aceface

Uhh so are there going to be illicit streams of this keynote tonight or what. I paid for the NA stream but I'm not double dipping for something not in my own language. I'd still like to watch though. Does cleeng or whatever make it so people can't do that anymore?

dramatis

Okay, I'm just gonna put aside my item code.

Hmm, very disappointing that I paid $30 and only get one costume. Oh well, that was some expensive items, guess I'm gonna watch the live stream tonight to get my moneys worth.
You're not getting one costume. You're getting both. Just that your avatar can only be only one or the other at one time.

Uhh so are there going to be illicit streams of this keynote tonight or what. I paid for the NA stream but I'm not double dipping for something not in my own language. I'd still like to watch though. Does cleeng or whatever make it so people can't do that anymore?
It's the internet. There will always be poverty streams. Until net neutrality gets nuked that is.

Chille

Oh I have decided to drop a Bennu code tonight before the live stream so if you are on Ultros make sure you keep an eye out for it, will be in my usual whore zone.

iammeiam

You're not getting one costume. You're getting both. Just that your avatar can only be only one or the other at one time.

Last I'd heard you only get one per stream for each character, no exchanges.
If I pick the Abes Attire and then Fantasia from a male character to a female character, will I be able to exchange it for the High Summoner's Attire?
No, this will not be possible.

I want both outfits! How can I do this?
Each region's stream will include a "Dream of the Fayth" item, and purchasing streams for multiple regions will allow you to pick another outfit.

Although maybe they got enough backlash for the shameless cash grab and went back on it?

iammeiam

Well you will be able to get both outfits if you purchase multiple region streams so NA,EU,JAPAN.

That's the shameless cash grab part; there's no reason not to stick them on the Calamity Salvager like the Snow/Lightning (and I think the EB?) sets aside from them really going hard after everyone's wallet with this set of streams.

Chille

That's the shameless cash grab part; there's no reason not to stick them on the Calamity Salvager like the Snow/Lightning (and I think the EB?) sets aside from them really going hard after everyone's wallet with this set of streams.

Oh it is, but it has minions so I will throw all the money

The two big things are the keynote and the Live Letter which will feature new details, pics, and trailers for Stormblood. The keynote will be locked behind the paid stream while the Live Letter will be streamed for free.

Here's the full schedule:

So the opening showcase is where they're going to be showing the new expansion stuff? And that's only available live?

So I'd be paying for nothing pretty much if I were to buy it since I won't be there in time to catch it at 5PM PST.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So the opening showcase is where they're going to be showing the new expansion stuff? And that's only available live?

So I'd be paying for nothing pretty much if I were to buy it since I won't be there in time to catch it at 5PM PST.

You'd be able to watch it after the fact in VoDs but... yeah, at that point might as well just read it up on reddit.

Squishy3

They're going to have english recaps of each segment after said segment, which I don't think they did for the Heavensward fanfests at least.

Thorgal

SO here is my little prediction list :

Red mage Reveal
Samurai tease ,
showing of new primals
the new 8 man raid
More location screens
a walk through through Rhalgrs reach .

wamberz1

I hope we get a new original primal. Ravana is the first totally originally designed primal right? As in, not based on any previous FF game. They fucking killed it with him so I'm excited to see what else they can do.

Over 48 hours on buying that Crysta and still haven't received it. I contacted support as the first time i inquired they said it wouldn't take more than 24 hours.

This time the fellow i spoke with was quite rude, i just inquired to see if they'd offer a few days of game time while the payment processes being as I've already been billed for it, and i got a bit of an ear full, afterwards only offering to cancel my purchase.

Not to be too candid but i'm alone for the holidays, a big reason i wanted to resub was just to do something akin to being social. A bit depressing. I told him to leave the purchase and hopefully it'll clear soon.

Not a particularly pleasant experience.

ebil

I hope we get a new original primal. Ravana is the first totally originally designed primal right? As in, not based on any previous FF game. They fucking killed it with him so I'm excited to see what else they can do.
It's been some time now but if my memory serves me right it's been confirmed that we would be getting at least one original primal during the NA fanfest.

And yeah, Ravana was new to the series and he's really cool.

Whales

Banned
Hey guys, got the game not long ago to try and play it with friends

Started playing like 2-3 days ago... Im not too far in ( level 6 only I think?) And so far, I like it... I didn,t know there was a combo system. I don't have a lot of skills to use tho but I assume that will change as I level up

Picked a Lancer too... I've always been a sucker for classes with spears.

Any starting tips you guys have to give me? :p

Started playing like 2-3 days ago... Im not too far in ( level 6 only I think?) And so far, I like it... I didn,t know there was a combo system. I don't have a lot of skills to use tho but I assume that will change as I level up

Stick to the main story missions, and the sidequests that unlock stuff (those with a + icon).

Be sure to do the Tutorial and Guildhests; they will teach you how to properly play.

Whales

Banned
Stick to the main story missions, and the sidequests that unlock stuff (those with a + icon).

Be sure to do the Tutorial and Guildhests; they will teach you how to properly play.

Yeah I actually don't even know whats the main story mission here... I opened up my journal and I see a bunch of quests but im not sure which one is for the main story?

Tbh i'm kind of lost on that

Don't buy anything while you're leveling if you aren't join a legacy server everything is dirt cheap on them.

Yeah I actually don't even know whats the main story mission here... I opened up my journal and I see a bunch of quests but im not sure which one is for the main story?

Tbh i'm kind of lost on that

The icon that seems to be on fire.

edit: this

ffxiv20140912060624005_thumb.png

Do not do sidequests that do not unlock anything. They are a waste of your time. There are enough boring quests in the base game's main story anyway, lol.

Whales

Banned
Don't buy anything while you're leveling if you aren't join a legacy server everything is dirt cheap on them.

Im on the Excalibur server, it was the only one that was open when I made my character for some reason

The icon that seems to be on fire.

edit: this

ffxiv20140912060624005_thumb.png

Do not do sidequests that do not unlock anything. They are a waste of your time. There are enough boring quests in the base game's main story anyway, lol.

lol dude. thanks. I actually realized I didnt have a main quest on, I dont know how that happened. Looked up where im supposed to be at now.

Cmagus

I thought the stream was tomorrow, Christmas Eve?

I don't recall leves with a green icon, but I barely did any leves. I just stuck to FATES for leveling.

No idea people were saying the stuff is starting at 8pm est tonight but I'm not sure if that means the show or live letter.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
No idea people were saying the stuff is starting at 8pm est tonight but I'm not sure if that means the show or live letter.

The stream costs money. The live letter part of the fanfest is free though (will be on Twitch and other places). The bolded is the live letter.

Fan Festival 2016 in Tokyo Stage Schedule

Day 1

Dec. 23rd 5:00 p.m. (PST): Opening Showcase (Only available live)
Dec. 23rd 5:30 p.m. (PST): Keynote
Dec. 23rd 7:30 p.m. (PST): Ultima Quiz Returns
Dec. 23rd 9:00 p.m. (PST): Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXIV
Dec. 23rd 11:00 p.m. (PST): Costume Contest
Dec. 24th 1:30 a.m. (PST): Special Concert (Piano)

Day 2

Dec. 24th 5:00 p.m. (PST): Opening Showcase
Dec. 24th 5:30 p.m. (PST): Welcome to Naoki’s Room
Dec. 24th 7:45 p.m. (PST): Costume Runway
Dec. 24th 8:30 p.m. (PST): Dev. Panel
Dec. 24th 10:00 p.m. (PST): Adrenaline Rush TV PvP Tournament
Dec. 25th 2:00 a.m. (PST): Special Concert (THE PRIMALS)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Are levequests worth doing? Those with the green icon.
Yes and no. The battle class leves have crummy xp payouts so it's usually not worth it to run them. The gathering and crafting leves on the other hand have really good payouts so if you're planning on leveling those classes save your leves for them.

So is the stream tonight free? Isn't the live letter at these fanfests usually free but the rest is not?
JP fan fest starts in a few hours. Most of it, including tonight's big keynote, will be locked behind the paid stream. The only free portion is the Fan Fest Live Letter which will also occur later tonight.

Keynote Countdown (paid stream):
t1482543000z4.png

Live Letter Countdown (free on twitch and YouTube)
t1482555600z4.png

Pachimari

I don't think I've gotten into gathering and crafting yet. Only just opened up the other adventurer guilds, so I might just stick to the main quests for now, and get pugilist to lvl 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom