• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I DID IT

SbV54gw.jpg

Fishing is the worst

Hystzen

that feel when your phone dies so you order a new one then remember you use Software Key App and you cant even log in to your account never mind game without it.

aceface

that feel when your phone dies so you order a new one then remember you use Software Key App and you cant even log in to your account never mind game without it.

Call SE, they'll get you straightened out. I would do it soon though, they will probably be gone for the weekend/holiday.

Is there any quick way to level up mining than leve quests? I had 99 allowances since I hadn't played the game in an eternity, so I'm just going through them. Took no time at all to get to level 25, but now it's a crawl. Just hit 34, still going strong. Just wanna be sure I can't be leveling up quicker. I'm using food for the 3% increase in EXP and whatever the item you can buy with company seals (field guide or whatever). And of course I'm moving to the next area for higher level leve quests every five levels.

Is there any quick way to level up mining than leve quests? I had 99 allowances since I hadn't played the game in an eternity, so I'm just going through them. Took no time at all to get to level 25, but now it's a crawl. Just hit 34, still going strong. Just wanna be sure I can't be leveling up quicker. I'm using food for the 3% increase in EXP and whatever the item you can buy with company seals (field guide or whatever). And of course I'm moving to the next area for higher level leve quests every five levels.
There's collectibles but those only come into play much later

Just spam those evaluation leves and do daily turn ins for your grand company.

wamberz1

So would I be wise in pursuing another class right now, or should I continue honing my skills and upping my level as an Archer? I assume I should get the pugilist to lvl 15. Wonder where I can find that guild.

You can do that if you want, Your going to need to get pug to 15 to become a bard anyways. You can find the pug guild in Ul'dah near the main aetheryte.

Also, once you hit around level 35 on your main class, I would recommend setting some time aside and using the exp bonus + brand new ring to power level lancer. At 34 you get a skill called blood for blood, which is basically a mandatory cross class pick for a lot of the damage classes, bard included.

I think one thing they can do to make Paladin fun in Stormblood is to give them dual swords during Sword Oath. Also all weaponskill animations change to accommodate the increase in badassery.

Perineum

I am fairly triggered right now.

Bought the base game and the expansion on PSN after dealing with a bunch of issues to make the purchase due to the trial version being in my library.

Game takes forever to download, does an update, then has issues with my SE ID so I can start the patching process. Troubleshoot all that.

Now it can't patch. It gets about 800 MB quick, then has a 2000 some error. Researched it online and on reddit. Apparently it has been around for a year and a half, no concrete known fix, and even initializing your PS4 to scratch doesn't work. I tried DNS stuff, safe mode rebuilding, ethernet, wifi, and a variety of other potential fixes the one off person had luck with.

Now I'm like ok whatever, screw it, get a refund. 404 pages out the ass online to get to Sony's refund page. Start a live chat, guy tells me sorry can't do a refund now, and you'll have to try 2 hours from now when our "tool" to do so is fixed.

Welp. I'll try patching the game 5 more times tomorrow, then trying a refund again after that. Extremely sour taste in my mouth on the one in a million I get it working.

How in this day and age of gaming that a company doesn't get beaten to Sunday online for not fixing a damning issue like this after almost 2 years is beyond me....

Bought the base game and the expansion on PSN after dealing with a bunch of issues to make the purchase due to the trial version being in my library.

Game takes forever to download, does an update, then has issues with my SE ID so I can start the patching process. Troubleshoot all that.

Now it can't patch. It gets about 800 MB quick, then has a 2000 some error. Researched it online and on reddit. Apparently it has been around for a year and a half, no concrete known fix, and even initializing your PS4 to scratch doesn't work. I tried DNS stuff, safe mode rebuilding, ethernet, wifi, and a variety of other potential fixes the one off person had luck with.

Now I'm like ok whatever, screw it, get a refund. 404 pages out the ass online to get to Sony's refund page. Start a live chat, guy tells me sorry can't do a refund now, and you'll have to try 2 hours from now when our "tool" to do so is fixed.

Welp. I'll try patching the game 5 more times tomorrow, then trying a refund again after that. Extremely sour taste in my mouth on the one in a million I get it working.

How in this day and age of gaming that a company doesn't get beaten to Sunday online for not fixing a damning issue like this after almost 2 years is beyond me....

I assume this issue happens to few enough people that mass outrage doesn't have the chance to develop. I've never had any trouble installing or patching the game on my PS4, but I'm sorry to hear about your problems and I hope they get straightened out.

Perineum

I assume this issue happens to few enough people that mass outrage doesn't have the chance to develop. I've never had any trouble installing or patching the game on my PS4, but I'm sorry to hear about your problems and I hope they get straightened out.

A few people on the long reddit discussion said that if you keep trying enough eventually it MAY work.

Someone on there posted they had tried for 2 months off and on, hundreds of tries, and no luck.

I don't have months sadly to try. What a shame as my buddies in RL wanted to help power level me too.

:(

Xevren

I had this issue as well, for DNS I used 4.2.2.2 and as a secondary I used 4.2.2.3. I also had my MTU at 1450. The download was slow but it was the only solution that didn't give me errors.

Finding solutions for this shit was torture, and I'm sure you've probably tried just as much shit as I did. Hopefully it works for you so you can at least play, because the game is a ton of fun. Just a matter of getting to the point to actually play it.

Omni

Man, you learn A12s one way, then you sub for a group and they do the entire thing backwards from what you learnt. I was a fish out of water.

It was a static that was missing their main healer. They were trying to clear for the first time. I've done it four times now yet I was the one screwing up and learning. Is it normal for the main healer to stay outside during the time gates? I've always gone in. So I had to learn cystals and whatever on the fly which was a bit "wait what". Nooo idea how they were handling second inception too aside from I was expected to go right no matter what (in my group, it changes depending on what buff I get). I dunno

Weirrrrd

Ken

Man, you learn A12s one way, then you sub for a group and they do the entire thing backwards from what you learnt. I was a fish out of water.

It was a static that was missing their main healer. They were trying to clear for the first time. I've done it four times now yet I was the one screwing up and learning. Is it normal for the main healer to stay outside during the time gates? I've always gone in. So I had to learn cystals and whatever on the fly which was a bit "wait what". Nooo idea how they were handling second inception too aside from I was expected to go right no matter what (in my group, it changes depending on what buff I get). I dunno

Weirrrrd

where do u tank bone dragon

Omni

where do u tank bone dragon

Bone dragon? Haha.

These guys I was with were tanking Alex north and facing outwards. Even for the uhhh gravitational anomaly. They would adjust their stack for rage depending on where the puddles before Inception would appear... which was just a mess. In contrast, my static has him face inwards for that part. We stack on his butt and bait puddles, then run to the centre of the arena for the rage. Much cleaner

iammeiam

It was a static that was missing their main healer. They were trying to clear for the first time. I've done it four times now yet I was the one screwing up and learning. Is it normal for the main healer to stay outside during the time gates? I've always gone in. So I had to learn cystals and whatever on the fly which was a bit "wait what".

It probably depends more on your healer setup; in general if you have an AST I'd assume they usually stay out so they can card people. We have WHM/AST so our WHM goes in; I'd assume AST/SCH groups send the SCH in. WHM/SCH I have no idea what's traditional; if you're doing the 1 dps/LB time gate strat I assume whichever healer wants to hit things more goes in.

Nooo idea how they were handling second inception too aside from I was expected to go right no matter what (in my group, it changes depending on what buff I get). I dunno

Weirrrrd

Probably Xeno's strat; the trick to stasis and inception is there's really only one way to handle every mechanic, the different strats just change up who has to pay attention and who gets to autopilot

These guys I was with were tanking Alex north and facing outwards. Even for the uhhh gravitational anomaly. They would adjust their stack for rage depending on where the puddles before Inception would appear... which was just a mess. In contrast, my static has him face inwards. We stack on his butt and bait puddles, then run to the centre of the arena for the rage. Much cleaner

We tank in mid for first phase so inside his hotbox is safe during the first Gravi, but for post-Inceptions we tank 'north', face outward, stack flank to bait, run mid to stack for incinerating. Direction he's facing doesn't super matter, I think the adjusting stack might be better for melee uptime but we just shrug and let ours not stack if they want because too lazy to read patterns just running to the safe spot and four people is fine for the soak at this point.

Well I have tried every DNS I can find, wifi, LAN cable.. etc and still getting updater failures. Fuck me for buying my sub while DL the game I guess.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It probably depends more on your healer setup; in general if you have an AST I'd assume they usually stay out so they can card people. We have WHM/AST so our WHM goes in; I'd assume AST/SCH groups send the SCH in. WHM/SCH I have no idea what's traditional; if you're doing the 1 dps/LB time gate strat I assume whichever healer wants to hit things more goes in.

SCH is better on the outside because... idk, dps reasons. It really doesn't matter a whole lot.

I'm one of the people who resubbed on psn after years of being gone from pc. I feel completely lost, and doubly so now that I'm trying to play with the dualshock. This is gonna take a while.

ebil

SCH is better on the outside because... idk, dps reasons. It really doesn't matter a whole lot.
It doesn't matter at all. As an AST I spend like 5 globals healing during this phase, and our ST DPS is nothing to scoff at.

"DPS reasons" would literally be the SCH wanting to rank higher for personal DPS on fflogs in this situation.

Pachimari

What targeting functions do you guys use? It can become a bit overwhelming with all the effects and colors. I've started using next/previous taget to switch between them. Any other targeting I should use?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Currently going through these patching issues that have been brought up here recently. Tried to re-download normally and get an error every time. I've been patching through a VPN for about 4 hours now at less than a quarter of my typical DL speed. Only 6 more hours to go!

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It doesn't matter at all. As an AST I spend like 5 globals healing during this phase, and our ST DPS is nothing to scoff at.

"DPS reasons" would literally be the SCH wanting to rank higher for personal DPS on fflogs in this situation.

I admit I haven't looked at healing the fight at all. I just get queasy every time I'm asked to do timegates in a pug
on a machinist

When does the free month activate exactly when you buy the game? Is it at the purchase of the game on PSN, or at the creation of your Square-Enix account? I'm wondering because I am thinking of buying the 10$ base game on PSN for my friend, but he won't have the time to play right now. Besides, he'll probably want to wait for Stormblood to come out so he can jump straight to the expansion.

Did you try the DNS address at the bottom of the OP? That's the one I had to use; it's from Japan.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
When does the free month activate exactly when you buy the game? Is it at the purchase of the game on PSN, or at the creation of your Square-Enix account? I'm wondering because I am thinking of buying the 10$ base game on PSN for my friend, but he won't have the time to play right now. Besides, he'll probably want to wait for Stormblood to come out so he can jump straight to the expansion.

Did you try the DNS address at the bottom of the OP? That's the one I had to use; it's from Japan.
At the creation of the account/registration of the game. I bought my copy the December before the PS4 launch and didn't use up my free month till the PS4 version launched in April.
Wait, so I need to buy the $30 stream access before then, to get the FFX costumes?
You can buy the $30 stream anytime before august and still get the FFX costume token iirc.

Also be aware the costume isn't in game till Feb after the EU fan fest. What you'll get now is a token you can trade in for the costume in Feb. So if you don't care for the keynote, the lulu minion, or the other streamed panels might as well wait for the EU stream since it'll have live English translations instead of just the post panel English recaps the JP Fan Fest is supposed to have.

Chille

At the creation of the account/registration of the game. I bought my copy the December before the PS4 launch and didn't use up my free month till the PS4 version launched in April.

You can buy the $30 stream anytime before august and still get the FFX costume token iirc.

Also be aware the costume isn't in game till Feb after the EU fan fest. What you'll get now is a token you can trade in for the costume in Feb. So if you don't care for the keynote, the lulu minion, or the other streamed panels might as well wait for the EU stream since it'll have live English translations instead of just the post panel English recaps the JP Fan Fest is supposed to have.

The item codes should go live in a few hours also so if you want your lulu minion ASAP!

Also looks like the site I work for will have a competition involving fanfest next month thanks to the generous people at Square.

Pachimari

Oh, I want the Lulu minion too. I might as well just buy the now. What is happening tonight? Is that the Japanese fan festival? I just got an email with which special guests will appear.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Oh, I want the Lulu minion too. I might as well just buy the now. What is happening tonight? Is that the Japanese fan festival? I just got an email with which special guests will appear.
The two big things are the keynote and the Live Letter which will feature new details, pics, and trailers for Stormblood. The keynote will be locked behind the paid stream while the Live Letter will be streamed for free.

Here's the full schedule:

Fan Festival 2016 in Tokyo Stage Schedule

Day 1

Dec. 23rd 5:00 p.m. (PST): Opening Showcase (Only available live)
Dec. 23rd 5:30 p.m. (PST): Keynote
Dec. 23rd 7:30 p.m. (PST): Ultima Quiz Returns
Dec. 23rd 9:00 p.m. (PST): Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXIV
Dec. 23rd 11:00 p.m. (PST): Costume Contest
Dec. 24th 1:30 a.m. (PST): Special Concert (Piano)

Day 2

Dec. 24th 5:00 p.m. (PST): Opening Showcase
Dec. 24th 5:30 p.m. (PST): Welcome to Naoki’s Room
Dec. 24th 7:45 p.m. (PST): Costume Runway
Dec. 24th 8:30 p.m. (PST): Dev. Panel
Dec. 24th 10:00 p.m. (PST): Adrenaline Rush TV PvP Tournament
Dec. 25th 2:00 a.m. (PST): Special Concert (THE PRIMALS)

Pachimari

Should be in 11hrs I think?

Ugh, that's like at 2 in the middle of the night. But besides that, I got a week's vacation and got no plans for tomorrow anyway.

[edit] Okay, so I bought the $29.99 live stream access and got an item code in my email. Where do I redeem that one?
I find it incredible that the email is in German, and that they send me to German instructions.

[edit] So I found out how to redeem it, but the instruction says this:

- The "Asthra Dream" will be exchanged for one of the sets of equipment "Zanarkand Abes Costume Set" or "High Medium Costume Set" when the Fan Festival in Europe is over. So keep this item safe until this time!

Does that mean, that I only get one of Yuna or Tidus' outfit?

[edit] When I try to redeem my code I get this message:

The entered code is invalid.

dramatis

Ugh, that's like at 2 in the middle of the night. But besides that, I got a week's vacation and got no plans for tomorrow anyway.

[edit] Okay, so I bought the $29.99 live stream access and got an item code in my email. Where do I redeem that one?
I find it incredible that the email is in German, and that they send me to German instructions.

[edit] So I found out how to redeem it, but the instruction says this:

Does that mean, that I only get one of Yuna or Tidus' outfit?

[edit] When I try to redeem my code I get this message:
when the Fan Festival in Europe is over
If your character is female, you get the Yuna outfit. If your character is male, you get Tidus.

There's a way to exchange for the opposite set if you change your avatar's gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom