• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Sohr Khai and now I have to do Final Steps of Faith as part of the MSQ. Kinda nervous, heard nothing but bad things. I've read up on it, and feel ready, but I bet it doesn't go smoothly even now.
It's not bad these days, providd your tanks know what they are doing. Add phase can go south really fast if the guy handling the eel dragon cleaves people.

Talax

Guys small question
There's a sale on the game on psn right now, but I don't know which one to buy to get the whole thing.
There's
FFXIV
FFXIV Heavensward
FFXIV A Realm Reborn

I want to play the story from start to finish.
Disclaimer: Never played an MMO so I don't know how this works as in if I can play the previous story anymore or not.

Guys small question
There's a sale on the game on psn right now, but I don't know which one to buy to get the whole thing.
There's
FFXIV
FFXIV Heavensward
FFXIV A Realm Reborn

I want to play the story from start to finish.
Disclaimer: Never played an MMO so I don't know how this works as in if I can play the previous story anymore or not.
FFXIV - Online on PSN is the Realm Reborn + Heavensward bundle. Just get that. You can play through the entire story no problem.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Cleared A9S before double scrapline for the first time last night. Feels pretty good.

Working through MCH tonight and so far it's a lot of fun. It's taking a little bit of time to get use to on controller though, dealing with the turrets can get confusing and it's the main reason I've kind of stayed away from SMN and SCH but I figure I should learn how to manage that stuff at some point. I've been getting lag with NIN again for some reason so I may just switch up jobs. I've noticed when doing the mudra that I will hit the button but it just does nothing and then a second or two later it goes messing up the rotation.

Also I've been thinking of picking up the Duality album for the two orchestrion rolls but if I buy it from Amazon Japan it still comes with the codes right? Just wondering because I was gonna buy it through the SE store but the only shipping option I have is $32.99 and the album itself is only $39.99 lol.

I guess if we are posting art of our character here is mine.
I still can't decide if I like MCH or not. Sometimes I'm like "yeah this is pretty cool" and sometimes I'm like "fuck all these things I have to juggle."

Keep in mind that at level 60, MCH has a lot of buttons to press and a lot of double weaving, so a bit of lag can still screw you over. It's probably not as bad as mudra lag, but it's a factor.

The nice thing though is that between procs and ammo, you're probably the most mobile ranged DPS class in the game. Gauss Barrel does root you in place most of the time, but you'll often get an "out" that lets you shoot while moving without taking the barrel off.

wamberz1

Just finished Sohr Khai and now I have to do Final Steps of Faith as part of the MSQ. Kinda nervous, heard nothing but bad things. I've read up on it, and feel ready, but I bet it doesn't go smoothly even now.

It's the best (non extreme) fight in the game right now imo, presentation wise. The music is freaking incredible. But yeah, it sucks when you run into assholes that are too impatient to clear it and leave because they queue in roulette hoping for some quick rewards. People need some fucking patience.

I grabbed Heavensword yesterday excited to get back into this game but I am now hit with this in the launcher (PS4) when trying to update.

Unable to download patch files
[20512][25008][20495]

it fails after about 700mb of download every single time.

WELP.

I grabbed Heavensword yesterday excited to get back into this game but I am now hit with this in the launcher (PS4) when trying to update.

WELP.
I'm having the same problem.
Tried three different DNS settings so far and am just now trying the one in the OP. Hope it works this time but if not I've read it might be server side stuff so maybe a patch would fix it. :/

Anyone have experience with buying crysta w/ paypal to pay for subscription time? I bought some crysta about two hours ago and it still hasn't shown up as available, and says pending on my paypal.

There was a message after the payment was finished through the SE website saying there may be a delay before the crysta is available, is this type of wait normal?

Not like i'm in any rush, just seemed odd.

Don't know why we have to take this extra step to use paypal.

Thorgal

Anyone have experience with buying crysta w/ paypal to pay for subscription time? I bought some crysta about two hours ago and it still hasn't shown up as available, and says pending on my paypal.

There was a message after the payment was finished through the SE website saying there may be a delay before the crysta is available, is this type of wait normal?

might not work the same but when i used a Paysafecard to buy crysta's for a server transfer i had to refresh the page for it to show up .

garath

I paid for my first month sub (current month lol) with Crysta that I purchased with PayPal. I got it instantly though. There was no delay. Does it normally take time for PayPal to process your linked account?

might not work the same but when i used a Paysafecard to buy crysta's for a server transfer i had to refresh the page for it to show up .

Yeah, its been a few hours now for sure.

I paid for my first month sub (current month lol) with Crysta that I purchased with PayPal. I got it instantly though. There was no delay. Does it normally take time for PayPal to process your linked account?

No, though I don't use paypal very often, every other time its been instant. I just had a bit left over in my paypal balance from an ebay sale and figured i'd use it to buy some FFXIV time. This is what paypal is telling me: "Your payment method will be charged when Square Enix NA Online completes your order."

I'll send in a support ticket i suppose. Thanks for the replies!

My dragoon rotation is shit, sitting at 2200 in A10S but can't break 1700 with Dragoon, and it's mostly similarly geared -- Sophia weapon instead of relic like my Monk. I figure that I'd lose ~200 dps from my Monk because of the lower weapon and Monk dps is naturally higher, but not 500.

I think I'm still in the flexible monk mindset and I'm just not clipping my heavy thrust/disembowel like I should be doing because I can sneak in an extra entire combo due to Too Much Skillspeed.

It sucks. I want to play Monk but nobody really needs one. Soon, though. Soon, it will only be Monk.

Monk meta. No more casters or lolbrd or lolmch or loldrg, MAYBE a ninja, but mostly Monk. ONLY monk.

[BITTERNESS INTENSIFIES]

Buckle

New Garlean themed gear looking sharp. Got my eye on several of those.

Love how out of left field/more modern they look. Hoping for that same sort of feeling when we finally step foot in Garlemald.

So here's a question I keep finding various answers on and I'm wondering if someone knows for sure.

I already own the game + expansion for PC, if I pick up a copy on PS4 and tie it to my existing account, do I get another free 30 days tacked on, or will I need to pick up the game for PS4 + sub for a month? Seeing as how you can grab the base game + expansion on PS4 for about the same price as a sub, I'd like to go that route if it comes with the free 30 days.

Ken

So here's a question I keep finding various answers on and I'm wondering if someone knows for sure.

I already own the game + expansion for PC, if I pick up a copy on PS4 and tie it to my existing account, do I get another free 30 days tacked on, or will I need to pick up the game for PS4 + sub for a month? Seeing as how you can grab the base game + expansion on PS4 for about the same price as a sub, I'd like to go that route if it comes with the free 30 days.

base copy on ps4 will give you 30 days

heavensward only ps4 wont just like how it is on PC

RDreamer

base copy on ps4 will give you 30 days

heavensward only ps4 wont just like how it is on PC

Oooh, I might do that then. My PC copy is about to run out of its first 30 day trial sub. FFXIV is only $10 on PSN now, so it makes sense to grab that especially if I'd be paying that much for a sub for the next month anyway.

My only worry is that my PSN account seems to be really weird with FFXIV. It won't allow me to purchase the bundle of XIV and Heavensward because it says I already own XIV. It won't let me purchase Heavensward alone because it says I don't have XIV. I can purchase XIV, though... Weird.

Pachimari

I love this game like crazy! I'm now lvl. 22 archer, and I beat a dungeon with a party, and I unlocked other adventurer guilds and gear sets. It's all so exciting again.

So do I really need the a12s ast weapon for myself if the new relic patch will likely eclipse it in stats? Last heir completed will likely have better spell speed at 150 or something and the piety is honestly useless to me. I'll take a slight mnd loss if that's a thing but I value crit over pie more. It is the main reason I haven't bothered with the shire healer chest piece, tbh.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

I've been buying Crysta with paypal for over the year and I think this happened to me once or twice, when the transaction took its sweet time. The crysta might have even appeared a day later. Iirc that was also around Christmas, so maybe paypal servers are busier than usual.
If you get worried, you can always contact paypal support, they are usually very quick to answer.

neoemonk

WELP.

Had to do this twice in the past six months. Once on my PC when I decided to reinstall the game after a reformat, and once on my laptop when I bought the game for my MacBook while at my aunt's house over Thanksgiving. I have Charter, she has Wow as an ISP.

I've had to switch between the ISP assigned DNS servers, Google public DNS, and any third option from a list of public DNS servers. Once you run into the issue on a particular patch file, the launcher will close automatically. Then you switch the DNS settings on your machine, and try again. Let it patch until it fails, and keep doing this until you get it. For the most part I was able to switch between Google DNS and ISP DNS servers, but there were a handful of patches that failed on both and I had to introduce a third set of DNS servers. In my experience patching the game fully twice, I've never had to use a fourth set of DNS servers, but again, I've only had to do it twice. It's annoying because you have to babysit but you should be able to get fully up to date.

I should note that when I was home I updated the router DNS settings, but at my aunt's house I just did it on my laptop. I'm guessing you can set the DNS settings on the PS4 directly although I've never done it myself, but if not the router level works as well.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Everyone is posting commissions so I guess I will too.

An accurate representation of my fantasia use and
waning
addiction
wwdq97j8n23y.png
Quoting this did not help at all

Perineum

So I see that FFXIV RR and Heavensward are bundled up for $19.99 right now on the holiday sales on the store.

Few questions:

Does this game have Pro support?

Starting from scratch, including necessary subjob leveling, how time consuming is hitting max level now compared to vanilla FFXIV ?

How long do you think it would take someone to experience the story ? 50 hours? 100 hours? Mostly soloable ?

I am thinking of jumping back in from scratch as my old account was on PC, my PC is outdated now, and I'd prefer to play on PS4. Also, which server is GAF?

Omni

So I see that FFXIV RR and Heavensward are bundled up for $19.99 right now on the holiday sales on the store.

Few questions:

Does this game have Pro support?

Starting from scratch, including necessary subjob leveling, how time consuming is hitting max level now compared to vanilla FFXIV ?

How long do you think it would take someone to experience the story ? 50 hours? 100 hours? Mostly soloable ?

I am thinking of jumping back in from scratch as my old account was on PC, my PC is outdated now, and I'd prefer to play on PS4. Also, which server is GAF?
1) No Pro support just yet, as far as I'm aware.
2) I think it's faster to level up now than it was because of all the exp boosts and whatever they've added. It's definitely still a long term thing though.
3) Story is more or less solo. There are dungeons that require a matched party but you know. Main story would take you a few hundred hours, including levelling, IMO.
4) Your account should still work if you wanna play on PS4? Just buy a copy and sign in with your old details. Also GAF is on Ultros.

I've been buying Crysta with paypal for over the year and I think this happened to me once or twice, when the transaction took its sweet time. The crysta might have even appeared a day later. Iirc that was also around Christmas, so maybe paypal servers are busier than usual.
If you get worried, you can always contact paypal support, they are usually very quick to answer.

I did end up contacting SE and they said it can take up to 24 hours. I was looking forward to playing today, but thats OK.

Had to do this twice in the past six months. Once on my PC when I decided to reinstall the game after a reformat, and once on my laptop when I bought the game for my MacBook while at my aunt's house over Thanksgiving. I have Charter, she has Wow as an ISP.

I've had to switch between the ISP assigned DNS servers, Google public DNS, and any third option from a list of public DNS servers. Once you run into the issue on a particular patch file, the launcher will close automatically. Then you switch the DNS settings on your machine, and try again. Let it patch until it fails, and keep doing this until you get it. For the most part I was able to switch between Google DNS and ISP DNS servers, but there were a handful of patches that failed on both and I had to introduce a third set of DNS servers. In my experience patching the game fully twice, I've never had to use a fourth set of DNS servers, but again, I've only had to do it twice. It's annoying because you have to babysit but you should be able to get fully up to date.

I should note that when I was home I updated the router DNS settings, but at my aunt's house I just did it on my laptop. I'm guessing you can set the DNS settings on the PS4 directly although I've never done it myself, but if not the router level works as well.

Thanks for taking the time to write this out.

Pachimari

So would I be wise in pursuing another class right now, or should I continue honing my skills and upping my level as an Archer? I assume I should get the pugilist to lvl 15. Wonder where I can find that guild.

And where can I get a commission made?

aceface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom