• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
xvoh1MZ.jpg

What are you guys talking about "returning to Ivalice"? Figuratively or literally? Like, FFXIV now takes place in the same universe as FF Tactics and XII ?

Omnicent

What are you guys talking about "returning to Ivalice"? Figuratively or literally? Like, FFXIV now takes place in the same universe as FF Tactics and XII ?

The story of the next 24 man raid in stormblood is called Return to Ivalice (done by Matsuno).
If you are a tactics/12 fan it should be pretty hype I hope.

Speculation that they were the same world map, but the 24-man raid is called Return to Ivalice.

The story of the next 24 man raid in stormblood is called Return to Ivalice (done by Matsuno).
If you are a tactics/12 fan it should be pretty hype I hope.

Next 24 man raid is titled "Return to Ivalice"

That's the name of the new alliance raid.

I see. I will suppress my hype until an actual confirmation that Eorzea and Ivalice are on the same planet is given to us. I do not want to end up disappointed.

But if it's true... then holy fucking SHIT.

Already we have more info than the NA fanfest. Already looking forward to Stormblood, and will make RDM my main though it'll be hard to pry me away from MNK. Sword DPS with casting... that's just hard to resist.

Ivalice too.

katagai

Ranged caster DPS with a hint of melee, we don't know any specifics outside of the teaser video

The way they make it sound, they're using the same tech used in dragoon jumps and ninja's shukuchi to make your character "warp" into the melee range for melee attack animations.

Qvoth

oh they announced release date, june 20th
they mentioned red magic is a hybrid of black and white, i fully expect them to have at least 1 healing spell
probably a few support magic
definitely going to be self buffing en-magic

Apoptomon

Thanks for the updates all! Some good/intriguing stuff.

About Ivalice though, while I'm hype, when people have asked previously about them name-dropping Dalmasca, Rabanastre (as locations in Ilsabard/Othard) and the Ascians having the names of Scions of Light (XII esper counterparts), the dev team denied that Hydaelyn = Ivalice. Of course they could lie/misdirect/make things up as they go.

Omnicent

Apparently SE tweeted out that RDM was one of two new jobs and deleted it. I didn't see the tweet, but I'd suggest adapting to the 2 job inevitability.

With the changes to the battle system I'll take 2 jobs and them not fucking up the currently existing jobs

Pachimari

Apparently SE tweeted out that RDM was one of two new jobs and deleted it. I didn't see the tweet, but I'd suggest adapting to the 2 job inevitability.

They confirmed it at the event, that there'll be multiple new jobs. And then showed an image of two silhouettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom