• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

otakukidd

Sam Raimi サム・ライミ Samurai  サムライ

Edit: totally stole this from reddit

iammeiam

They confirmed it at the event, that there'll be multiple new jobs. And then showed an image of two silhouettes.

They did that at NA fanfest, too. It hasn't stopped people from hoping for a third; them accidentally tweeting out a definitive two is harder to wish into the cornfield.

ebil

I somehow had completely predicted RDM's playstyle while talking with people earlier this week. I even said "it would be lame to just give them a rapier so I think they'll get a magic flask or something on top of it."

I expect 2 jobs as well. 3 was already kind of hard to balance right.

That would be genius, lol.

3.5 is going to be huge, I can already tell.

I'm still coming down from all this hype, was not expecting much after the NA fanfest and I'm glad I'm watching this. Not sure if I have the energy to stay up for the live letter but I'm going to try.

Call it premature, but I'm seriously considering making RDM my main now. Started this game wanting to be a ranged DPS and just couldn't click with BRD or MCH, wanted to use a sword but hate tanking. Actually assumed RDM was going to be another healer or a staff wielding caster... but this, is perfection. Hope they don't screw this up.

Now I'm wondering what stat will play a part, It's looking like INT and if that's the case I'll have lvl 50 caster gear accessories on the ready.

Qvoth

well the japanese wording says ranged magic dps, but the english only says ranged dps
in theory the class should still be int based

anyway i'm glad i never threw away all my old int stuff :p

iammeiam

I want to say that for quite a while after MCH's reveal they were claiming you'd have multiple attachments that modified your stuff, before ultimately just sticking us with GB. I wonder how far along RDM really is.

Now I'm wondering what stat will play a part, It's looking like INT and if that's the case I'll have lvl 50 caster gear accessories on the ready.

Since most of my interest at this point is in the boring more practical bits of information, the keynote didn't do a ton for me, BUT I am incredibly happy to hear they're planning to start the SB jobs at 50.

The 1-50 leveling dungeons have been run to death at this point; hearing that trying out the new jobs won't end in a return to the Aurum Vale is pretty hype.

I know some people wanted them to start at level 1, but I kind of think PotD is great for this since you can go in and get skills added on one at a time, but at the same time the rate of progress is a lot faster than normal leveling from base.

I've played this game on and off for awhile and have some characters spread on different servers I really can't remember exactly how to play and want to roll a new character any guides or ideas on what realm and what characters would be decent right now before that new patch hits?

Kenai

If there's really only 3 jobs and RDM is confirmed for DPS then SAM is almost certainly going to be a tank. And if the 3rd job is indeed Dancer then that will be healing.

Still up in the air on Dancer though. It could easily be a different job with Dancer style flavor (like Musketeer or Corsair > Machinist) or something else entirely, but Dancer was one of my most hoped for jobs from FFXI to come over here to XIV so my fingers are crossed.

Qvoth

I've played this game on and off for awhile and have some characters spread on different servers I really can't remember exactly how to play and want to roll a new character any guides or ideas on what realm and what characters would be decent right now before that new patch hits?

gaf guild is in ultros
RP server is balmung
biggest NA server with the most population is gilgamesh i think?
these 3 servers are very popular afaik so it could be hard to make a new character there
if you're in south east asia or oceania, then tonberry is the server of choice, it's in the japanese data centre but it has a huge english population

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Definitely making RDM my main, unless I really hate how it plays.
RDM not being in the game is the only reason I'm maining BLM now.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
If a dancer turns to be a healer, fuck yeah.

I'll be shocked if Dancer makes it in over Samurai at this point.

I'd like to play RDM at some point, but with everyone zerging on it on release I'm not sure it'll be worth it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Whatever the last class is, I hope it's a tank. Seriously, we need as many as we can get.

Qvoth

man here's hoping they show more stuff later on live letter
maybe the full trailer? or is that going to be on frankfurt stream?

Crosseyes

Banned
I'm on board the Puppetmaster train for the Spiderman shirt.

The teases have never had the nuance to deal with the actors that play the roles or anything like that.

With 2 jobs seeming to be likely I think Dancer and Samurai might have to wait for another day when we head to Doma next expansion.

I'm on board the Puppetmaster train for the Spiderman shirt.

The teases have never had the nuance to deal with the actors that play the roles or anything like that.

With 2 jobs seeming to be likely I think Dancer and Samurai might have to wait for another day when we head to Doma next expansion.

Spider Man -> Peter Parker -> Peter Parkor -> Peter Parkour -> Parkour -> Acrobatics -> Dancer confirmed
Also shamelessly stolen from reddit
#happening

Definitely Samurai at this point, but I don't know if there's going to be a third class for Stormblood.

Sandfox

How has the game changed since January? I kinda want to get back in, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with grinding up new jobs and dungeons lol.

As long as it's not two DPS. I was on the Red Mage/Samurai/Dancer train, one for each role. I'm a tank main so I'm biased, but I get people wanting healers too. Here's hoping

Sylas

How has the game changed since January? I kinda want to get back in, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with grinding up new jobs and dungeons lol.
...Since last January? Yes. Though it depends on why you left. There's more dungeons and stuff but not a ton of omgnew content.

otakukidd

Based on the Spider-Man t-shirt there are 3 possibilities

Samurai

Blue mage
Spiderman gets bitten to get powers

Puppeteer
Spider-Man webs look like puppet strings

...Since last January? Yes. Though it depends on why you left. There's more dungeons and stuff but not a ton of omgnew content.

The game has t changed dramatically since January no. Tgere are no new jobs to grind.

That all said, the 3.0 storyline has come to A close in 3.4 since then and it's great.

dcye

For people asking if the game has changed since January, the game hasn't changed at all since like 2.1. There's more to do, but it's still largely cap your 450 tomes and weekly raid lockout, same patch schedule but with 2 expert dungeons instead of 3, same patch schedule (odd=new raid tier, even=free sands/oils from hunts and new 24-man) etc. There's stuff like PoTD etc to do but once you burn out on that you're still playing the same game as you were in 2014.

For people asking if the game has changed since January, the game hasn't changed at all since like 2.1. There's more to do, but it's still largely cap your 450 tomes and weekly raid lockout, same patch schedule but with 2 expert dungeons instead of 3, same patch schedule (odd=new raid tier, even=free sands/oils from hunts and new 24-man) etc. There's stuff like PoTD etc to do but once you burn out on that you're still playing the same game as you were in 2014.

It was 300 tomes at ARR launch, so at least that changed lol

Allard

Are Primals this world's version of Summons, Aeons, Espers?

Yes, without going into storyline details they are manifestation of forms of reverence, each beastribe has a primal or 'god' they revere and can summon the form of this god to attack/protect against their enemies. Most are based on well known Final Fantasy Summons, some are unique.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

screen-shot-2016-04-28-at-12-11-07-am.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom