• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Worst PLL ever, no substantial new info at all, lol.
Diadem rework is only in March, so the patch is basically Zurwan+Dun Scaith.
Oh well.

Oh yeah, NA RU MI

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Grabbed this thanks to my awesome FC members. Why is this thing so hard to get outside of US/Europe...
Yu5Y013.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Hey uh what's the full install size with updates on PC/PS4 currently?

And if I buy on one PS4 account, will it allow access to the game on any account on the PS4 like most games? With separate sub for each account obviously.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Hey uh what's the full install size with updates on PC/PS4 currently?

And if I buy on one PS4 account, will it allow access to the game on any account on the PS4 like most games? With separate sub for each account obviously.
No, FFXIV is the only game I know which requires you to play on the account you bought it on. My main PSN account is Japanese and the only reason I have my old EU account on my PS4 is because I need it to play XIV. The PC/PS4 account's regions must match too.

ZeroX03

Banned
No, FFXIV is the only game I know which requires you to play on the account you bought it on. My main PSN account is Japanese and the only reason I have my old EU account on my PS4 is because I need it to play XIV. The PC/PS4 account's regions must match too.

Oooof. That's good to know.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oooof. That's good to know.
It's the biggest reason why I wanted SE to change the region of my account to Japan, but they told me multiple times that it's impossible.

Still salty they don't give a damn about people who move to other countries, especially since their webstore is region locked and I had to buy the PC download version of the expansion on a CD key site.

Mannnn I wanted to try this out on my new PC after not playing for two years. Went to reset my passwords and what not but can't thanks to Square's nonsense loop of 9 different passwords needed to activate 8 different log ins for their seemingly one online service @.@

Just going to make a new Japanese account, this is nonsense.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed this thanks to my awesome FC members. Why is this thing so hard to get outside of US/Europe...

isn't the japanese version not released yet? amazon.co.jp tells me it'll be released in 2 days.

I actually thought about importing it from japan, b/c the european SE store has such high shipping cost and every.single.artbook. I bought from them came with damaged corners (also higher shipping cost than amazon.co.jp wants for shipping to germany...)

69€ from the SE Shop europe..

47€ from amazon.co.jp......

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
isn't the japanese version not released yet? amazon.co.jp tells me it'll be released in 2 days.

I actually thought about importing it from japan, b/c the european SE store has such high shipping cost and every.single.artbook. I bought from them came with damaged corners (also higher shipping cost than amazon.co.jp wants for shipping to germany...)

69€ from the SE Shop europe..

47€ from amazon.co.jp......
I'm playing the game with English text, since I prefer
it to the original, dry Japanese text.
Because of that I wanted the English version of Encyclopedia, which is unavailable outside of US/EUR SE store (with super expensive shipping and no shipping to Japan) and fanfests.

Nohar

My favorite job is finally confirmed. About time. Still, I am kinda wary: I don't want it to suffer the same fate as the MCH (really don't like how that job plays at all, and there is no middle ground when it comes to playing that job: either you know how to play it efficiently and you will be good, either you don't and you will be terrible).

Anyhow, I'll probably level up a tank first and foremost, and then I'll focus on leveling up RDM (or SMN, which is my current main job). There will be way too many DPS players leveling up RDM at release, I am not wasting my time in those queues, thank you.

MATSUNO.

From the hype, I just got A Ream Reborn and started as a Gladiator. Is tanking for my first job a woeful idea?

Is the best way to level to just do the main quests and class quests?

This is my first MMO and only after starting did I realise how expansive the content is.

My favorite job is finally confirmed. About time. Still, I am kinda wary: I don't want it to suffer the same fate as the MCH (really don't like how that job plays at all, and there is no middle ground when it comes to playing that job: either you know how to play it efficiently and you will be good, either you don't and you will be terrible).

Anyhow, I'll probably level up a tank first and foremost, and then I'll focus on leveling up RDM (or SMN, which is my current main job). There will be way too many DPS players leveling up RDM at release, I am not wasting my time in those queues, thank you.

RDM starts at 50.

Also Palace of the Dead.

Nohar

RDM starts at 50.

Also Palace of the Dead.

Still long queue times for 50-70 (which may or may not be shorter depending on the other jobs announced; as long as we don't have a new Ninja situation, it should be fine), and Palace of the Dead may or may not stay relevant at the release.

MATSUNO.

From the hype, I just got A Ream Reborn and started as a Gladiator. Is tanking for my first job a woeful idea?

Is the best way to level to just do the main quests and class quests?

This is my first MMO and only after starting did I realise how expansive the content is.

Starting as a Gladiator (Tank job) is a great idea, as it will allow you to do dungeons and other activities with a queue time quickly, as you won't have to wait in order to be able to play, which is a huge plus. As a Tank, you are the one who decides the rythm of dungeons, which is a double-edged sword: if you are unfamiliar with how the job plays and how people are expecting you to behave, you may encounter a few people not very patient who may act in a disagreeable way (either because you are pulling monsters too fast, or, more probable, because they think you are "too slow").

As for leveling, focus on your main quests: you need to complete them to unlock content, and, eventually, the expansion, Heavensward. Don't skip them, they are mandatory. Same for your class/job quests, you need to do them to unlock abilities.
Side quests will give a decent amount of experience too. If you want to level-up fast, your best options are Roulettes and Dungeons (the highest available to your level). Later you will be able to unlock the Palace of the Dead, which is one of the best place to level-up (assuming you are doing floors 51-60, though 51-100 is also very nice, assuming people have +99/+99 in their stats), and have ridiculously low queue time. On the other hand, keep in mind that this is the worst place to learn how to play a job, as you will unlock your abilities faster than normal, you won't have the time to learn what they do as people won't wait for you to read tooltips, and generally you are not playing your job the way you should be playing it in regular dungeons (monsters die too fast for you to do the "normal" abilities rotations).

I disagree. Unless you are trying the get the highest possible wildfire, where the game turns into DDR for 15 seconds, it's a pretty easy class to play. Place turret, fish for procs. 1 dot and 1 personal buff every 25 seconds. There is plenty of room there between horrible and great.

Renesis

Spider Man -> Peter Parker -> Peter Parkor -> Peter Parkour -> Parkour -> Acrobatics -> Dancer confirmed
Also shamelessly stolen from reddit
#happening

Definitely Samurai at this point, but I don't know if there's going to be a third class for Stormblood.

"Thomas Stanley Holland is an English actor and dancer. Holland is known for playing Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe"

Starting as a Gladiator (Tank job) is a great idea, as it will allow you to do dungeons and other activities with a queue time quickly, as you won't have to wait in order to be able to play, which is a huge plus. As a Tank, you are the one who decides the rythm of dungeons, which is a double-edged sword: if you are unfamiliar with how the job plays and how people are expecting you to behave, you may encounter a few people not very patient who may act in a disagreeable way (either because you are pulling monsters too fast, or, more probable, because they think you are "too slow").

As for leveling, focus on your main quests: you need to complete them to unlock content, and, eventually, the expansion, Heavensward. Don't skip them, they are mandatory. Same for your class/job quests, you need to do them to unlock abilities.
Side quests will give a decent amount of experience too. If you want to level-up fast, your best options are Roulettes and Dungeons (the highest available to your level). Later you will be able to unlock the Palace of the Dead, which is one of the best place to level-up (assuming you are doing floors 51-60, though 51-100 is also very nice, assuming people have +99/+99 in their stats), and have ridiculously low queue time. On the other hand, keep in mind that this is the worst place to learn how to play a job, as you will unlock your abilities faster than normal, you won't have the time to learn what they do as people won't wait for you to read tooltips, and generally you are not playing your job the way you should be playing it in regular dungeons (monsters die too fast for you to do the "normal" abilities rotations).

This is super helpful; thanks!

Omni

I still think that starting as a tank for your first job is a bit of a mistake. Those early level dungeons are absolutely terrible when you're new, under-geared and under-levelled, and you're in a party of full level 60s who are trying to run through as fast as possible so they can get their tomes. You're just not gonna have a good time trying to maintain hate.

Buuut whatever. I suppose if you enjoy it most then it is what it is.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Spider Man -> Peter Parker -> Peter Parkor -> Peter Parkour -> Parkour -> Acrobatics -> Dancer confirmed
Also shamelessly stolen from reddit
#happening

Definitely Samurai at this point, but I don't know if there's going to be a third class for Stormblood.

Code was cracked hours ago by Sorian:

Spiderman
Samurai

Coincidence?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
so when are we going to see the new graphics upgrades D: ?

or did i misunderstand that its getting graphical upgrades now that ps3 is dropped? i remember something about 4k support

Pachimari

They haven't said anything about graphical upgrades. But they are laying the ground work by dropping the PS3 version and upping the minimum specs.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wonder if my 970 will be enough to play Stormblood in max details or if I should buy 1080 by then.

Will Stormblood have new faces/hairstyles? I'm so unhappy with how my Hyur highlander looks:( I like he is tall and has a broader build that the regular midlanders but the faces. goddamn.

The brow not even a mother could love...

Chille

so when are we going to see the new graphics upgrades D: ?

or did i misunderstand that its getting graphical upgrades now that ps3 is dropped? i remember something about 4k support

I think it will mainly be the size of the maps that will be effected

Gala

Hey FFXIV-GAF! Thanks to the new announcement and the 4 days of free play time, I want to head back into FFXIV over the holidays.

From my memory I think I stopped playing closely after finishing the main story of Heavensward and hitting a item level wall that prevented me from continuing the storyline.
From what I remember the last quest I did included
meeting the warriors of darkness (?) for the first time and Alexander was awakened or at least active

What would you guys recommend me to do when coming back to make progressing easy for me and is there any new stuff that you guys totally recommend doing?
I already heard of the Palace of the Dead.

Pachimari

So will those Gora armors be for Japan only?

[edit] It turns out I need some help. I own Heavensward: Collector's Edition, yet I don't have any of the Griffin Mount, Baron Helm or Wind-Up Kain minion. How do I go about this, when they are not in my mail?

zGNUoBH.png

Thorgal

And do I got this right. Tank, Healer and DPS are classes. While things like archer, pugilist, black mage etc are considered jobs?

pretty certain they will come here as well .

Classes refer to Archer , Conjurer , Marauder Etc..

Jobs refer to the class you get with the job crystal ex Bard White mage and Warrior etc .

the classes are an old rellic from the 1.0 days and are being left behind .

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The event should be all regions. They said that the undyable versions are tied to the Gold Saucer and the dyable version to PvP content.

Thorgal

Head : Shaded Spectacles . ( MB )
Chest : Hawkliege Cyclas (pvp monk gear )
Hands:prototype Alexandrian gloves of striking . ( Alexander :the creator raid )
Pants : Rainbow culottes of Striking . ( MB)
Feet :prototype Alexandrian Thightboots of striking (Alexander :the creator raid)

dramatis

[edit] It turns out I need some help. I own Heavensward: Collector's Edition, yet I don't have any of the Griffin Mount, Baron Helm or Wind-Up Kain minion. How do I go about this, when they are not in my mail?

zGNUoBH.png
Is it digital edition?

If it's physical there should be a code somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom