• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Yup, there's nothing.

Could I have deleted the mail without taking the items?
If you registered the game on your account as the collector's edition, you should have received an in-game mail with the items.

First, check your mounts and minions list to see if you might have already used the items to unlock the mount and minion but forgot about it. Check your mog mail item history to see if you might have picked up the items.

If they aren't there, check Mogstation to see if you did register collector's edition.

If you did, then try contacting in-game support GMs to see if the mog mail was never sent.

Edit: I guess this is for tenchir and the other horribles
https://gfycat.com/AdmiredUnknownAmoeba

Zuly

I bought the CE, and started up Heavensward but I am currently doing ARR. Will I only get the items when I reach the Heavensward content?

Have you checked the in-game Moogle Mail? You receive items from Square that way.

Edit: Nevermind, I can't read.

aceface

If you go into your moogle mailbox you can click something to request rewards or have it send rewards or something iirc. Try doing that.

Pachimari

If you registered the game on your account as the collector's edition, you should have received an in-game mail with the items.

First, check your mounts and minions list to see if you might have already used the items to unlock the mount and minion but forgot about it. Check your mog mail item history to see if you might have picked up the items.

If they aren't there, check Mogstation to see if you did register collector's edition.

If you did, then try contacting in-game support GMs to see if the mog mail was never sent.
I have checked all of that.

But I just went to the MogStation, and I see only ARR for PC and PS4 are listed as owned on my profile. How do I go about registering my Heavensward CE?

If you go into your moogle mailbox you can click something to request rewards or have it send rewards or something iirc. Try doing that.

I did this too, nothing happened.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garo_(TV_series)

Garo (牙狼〈GARO〉(ガロ)?, literally "Fanged Wolf" in English), sometimes referred to as Golden Knight Garo (黄金騎士ガロ Ōgon Kishi Garo), is a Japanese special effects television series broadcast on TV Tokyo from October 7, 2005 to March 31, 2006, lasting 25 episodes. The series was created and directed by Keita Amemiya.

Zuly

Whatever it is, please don't be like the Yokai event. I got all the minions and the basic mount but was too burned out to do the weapons/mount.

aceface

I
I did this too, nothing happened.

Hmm, maybe they sent you an email with a code to put into mogstation for your items? Or there's something on the steam client? I'm honestly not sure how it works with steam. If you can't figure it out, I'd contact SE chat support on Monday.

And this new event will probably be like Youkai. They need something to fill time between January and June besides new exploration missions.

dramatis

I have checked all of that.

But I just went to the MogStation, and I see only ARR for PC and PS4 are listed as owned on my profile. How do I go about registering my Heavensward CE?
You should have a code to register your HW CE.

As long as that's not registered you won't get your CE items.

Pachimari

Hmm, maybe they sent you an email with a code to put into mogstation for your items? Or there's something on the steam client? I'm honestly not sure how it works with steam. If you can't figure it out, I'd contact SE chat support on Monday.

And this new event will probably be like Youkai. They need something to fill time between January and June besides new exploration missions.

You should have a code to register your HW CE.

As long as that's not registered you won't get your CE items.

I do have a product code. But I don't know where to register it at MogStation.

[edit] I think I've found it. Big red button.

[edit] I've got it to work, finally! Thank you so much for your assistance. :)

LProtag

I've dabbled in MMOs (including XIV a little) and I've always been kinda rubbish.

If I wanted to try the game out again should I go DPS if I want to have the least amount of responsibility? Or at least, the least amount of "everyone can tell I'm messing up"? I tried healer last time, and I feel like it's not the easiest role for a newbie.

Thorgal

What is this armour and pose?

Head : Shaded Spectacles . ( MB )
Chest : Hawkliege Cyclas (pvp monk gear )
Hands:prototype Alexandrian gloves of striking . ( Alexander :the creator raid )
Pants : Rainbow culottes of Striking . ( MB)
Feet :prototype Alexandrian Thightboots of striking (Alexander :the creator raid)

Oops I forgot: the emote is the battle emote you get from the 3.3 main story

Zomba13

Whatever it is, please don't be like the Yokai event. I got all the minions and the basic mount but was too burned out to do the weapons/mount.

Same. It was too grindy and too based on luck. Fair enough if it's a grind but I much prefer the kind of grind where every time you make some progress as opposed to the grind where who knows if you'll even make progress at all the next 10 times you do the thing.

Pachimari

I've dabbled in MMOs (including XIV a little) and I've always been kinda rubbish.

If I wanted to try the game out again should I go DPS if I want to have the least amount of responsibility? Or at least, the least amount of "everyone can tell I'm messing up"? I tried healer last time, and I feel like it's not the easiest role for a newbie.

It seems like DPS would be a good idea, that's what I have chosen as well. Because as a tank, it can all depend on you.

katagai

Thanks. What's "MB"?

Market Board, meaning you can purchase it off there from another player.

What is a "pet hotbar" and what is it for? Am I supposed to map my minions to this pet hotbar?

Summoner and Scholar get pet-specific actions, so they have a dedicated "pet" hotbar (though I'm pretty sure you can just map pet-specific actions to your regular hotbar as well).

EDIT: Believe the game also uses the pet hotbar for mount emotes/actions too.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dragoon 60.

7HyGlUo.png

That 50-60 slog was terrible without side quests and MSQ like my first job ><

Zuly

I've kind of been stuck since the FC can't seem to get together to do A9S, so I want to go back and do Thordan EX but RF queue never pops and no one joins the PF.

I want/but don't want to leave the FC because I like everyone but I'm practically bored out of my mind and want to raid.

All these raids I want to do but no one to do them with.

Pachimari

Summoner and Scholar get pet-specific actions, so they have a dedicated "pet" hotbar (though I'm pretty sure you can just map pet-specific actions to your regular hotbar as well).

EDIT: Believe the game also uses the pet hotbar for mount emotes/actions too.

Hmm, interesting. Must look into this much later.

Is being a Monk any fun? I'm thinking of pursuing it, since I'm already leveling up Pugilist.

iammeiam

I've kind of been stuck since the FC can't seem to get together to do A9S, so I want to go back and do Thordan EX but RF queue never pops and no one joins the PF.

I want/but don't want to leave the FC because I like everyone but I'm practically bored out of my mind and want to raid.

All these raids I want to do but no one to do them with.

January 17th. Cross-server Party Finder should make it easier to form groups for random things since you'll have a much, much larger audience to pull from than just your server.

Hmm, interesting. Must look into this much later.

Is being a Monk any fun? I'm thinking of pursuing it, since I'm already leveling up Pugilist.

Monk is very fun. The rotation is pretty straight forward. You're practically the strongest dps and the only one who would give you a run for your money is Black Mage. However since you bring such high dps your overall group utility is the lowest out of all the dps'. That doesn't really matter though unless you start raiding though.

Hagi

Is there a benefit to buying Heavensward when I haven't finished ARR? thinking about jumping back in but I'll be gong back to the start with a new character.

So there's going to be another Opening Showcase event in about 7 hours.

Is that new or just a repeat of yesterday's info?

I can't remember what they did for the Las Vegas fanfest.

Pachimari

Monk is very fun. The rotation is pretty straight forward. You're practically the strongest dps and the only one who would give you a run for your money is Black Mage. However since you bring such high dps your overall group utility is the lowest out of all the dps'. That doesn't really matter though unless you start raiding though.

I see. I think I'll have it on the back of my mind, to become a Monk later on in the game.

How do I even get gear from dungeons? I'm doing dungeons and then there's these chests where I can greed, or give it away. Do only one member of the 4-player party get gear from a chest?

suzu

How do I even get gear from dungeons? I'm doing dungeons and then there's these chests where I can greed, or give it away. Do only one member of the 4-player party get gear from a chest?

Whoever wins the dice roll gets the loot. If you can equip it on your current class, you can click Need. If not, only Greed is available to you.

Need rolls > Greed rolls. Pass if you don't want the gear.

Sylas

I was gonna put this in the announcement thread for SB, but I don't wanna clog it up.

So, if you'll excuse some random speculation about how Red Mage is gonna work...

It seems like spells power up melee, and I wouldn't be surprised if the inverse is true. The spells the trailer shows each have a corresponding melee equivalent if we're looking at the particle effects--which are fairly consistent with casters as it is. The first spell is purple/non-elemental, the second is white/holy. The first melee ability is white/holy, the second is purple/non-elemental. The backflip is fire, the flare-like is fire. So, you cast spells to make the next melee of that element stronger, and you use melee to make the next spell of that element stronger. If you do a melee atack without a charge, it creates one to buff the spell. That sort of thing! It creates a neat back-and-forth and I hope they'd keep it to those three elements to give you multiple options.

For example: You can cast holy, use a lunge the expend that holy charge or you can use some other melee ability to expend that charge. This way you aren't stuck having to do the back-flip or lunge if you want to build/expend your holy and flare charges.

Chainspells likely just makes <x> amount of spells instant cast, or all spells are instant cast for <y> amount of time, which allows you to do burst damage by stacking everything all at once. Build

Cornbread78

Random drop in question on FFIV because I'm on thd fench in picking it up while it's on sale.

Is there a GAF guild or shared server for the PS4 crowd? Is there a way to "boost" through the story and level up quickly?

I figure it'll be some Astral / Umbral type of deal. Nuke in mage mode, go melee to regain MP, something like that.

Also major changes to BRD in 4.0 yesssssssss. Make BRD great again.

Sylas

Random drop in question on FFIV because I'm on thd fench in picking it up while it's on sale.

Is there a GAF guild or shared server for the PS4 crowd? Is there a way to "boost" through the story and level up quickly?
Can't answer about the GAF guild--but I'm fairly certain there is. For the other 2 questions, PS4 and PC share the same servers, so you don't have to worry about that. There currently aren't boosts available but they've talked about them. I really do recommend playing through the entire game as the story is where the game really excels.

Pachimari

Whoever wins the dice roll gets the loot. If you can equip it on your current class, you can click Need. If not, only Greed is available to you.

Need rolls > Greed rolls. Pass if you don't want the gear.

I feel dumb, but I still don't understand this dice roll thing. If I click Need, and another also clicks Need, what happens?

LowParry

How active is GAF these days anyway? I'm still rolling with SeeD but we're in the slow times of inactive players. Think I might want to tag with GAF.

What's up xiv gaf. I just bought the ARR and HW bundle on steam yesterday. Had a real hankering to go back to some more classic FF after finishing XV.

I've never played an MMO before. Can someone point me in the direction of a (really, really) beginners guide for xiv? I searched but it seems hard to determine what guides are kept current versus not, as it looks like the game gets patched a lot.

I'm excited to jump in. Pretty sure I wanna go dragoon cuz they look dope.

Zuly

Oh, I've never seen a dice roll. So I can only take gear for what I am currently equipping.

You can only "Need" for gear your current class can equip. Otherwise, only "Greed" or "Pass".

After everyone rolls, you will see on the chat "X party member casts on the lot" or "X party member rolls "Greed". Something like that.

Here's an example:

Pachimari

I'm excited to jump in. Pretty sure I wanna go dragoon cuz they look dope.

I think if you want to be Dragoon, then you need to do these: Lancer (30) -> Marauder (15)

You can only roll Need if it's gear for your current class. Otherwise you have to roll Greed or Pass. You can get gear via Greed if no one else in your party picks Need.
This makes sense. So Greed is, that I want the item, but only if nobody else Needs it.

I never noticed this going on in the chat window. So because Kitiara rolled 27 he won the Expanse Codex, but I don't see anyone else rolling. And when it says "casts his lot for the", does it mean they clicked "Need." ?

Zuly

I never noticed this going on in the chat window. So because Kitiara rolled 27 he won the Expanse Codex, but I don't see anyone else rolling. And when it says "casts his lot for the", does it mean they clicked "Need." ?

It means everyone else passed on it and the person who rolled Greed got it because no one else needed it.

Edit: You might want to check your Chat/Log settings on the Character Customization settings. You may not have those messages to show up. I'd suggest right clicking the "General" chat on the settings and setting it to default General Settings. Click the cog on the Chat window which should open the settings I am talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom