• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I just started playing last month so I don't know but are the servers always this bad? This is the 4th time this week I wanted to get some play time in but couldn't because they were down/under maintenance.

Usually no, though it can get this way around patches.

I just started playing last month so I don't know but are the servers always this bad? This is the 4th time this week I wanted to get some play time in but couldn't because they were down/under maintenance.
Not really, this kind of stuff ain't that common. Sure, Primal shits the bed from time to time but more often than not its just Level 3 being garbage.

AgeEighty

I felt pretty disappointed with both of the new dungeons. Baelsar's Wall is like Castrum Meridianum only without any cool gimmicks like the cannons. Sohm Al Hard has the novelty of going through the dungeon backwards which is neat exactly once, and no longer has the cool factor of dragons to fight. Creatively they're a step down from what we got in the last few patches.

That said, Dun Scaith is a blast, and overall I was happy with the way the Mhach raid questline played out. Back when Void Ark came out I was convinced it would be dreadful.

Regarding the 3.5 MSQ:

I'm really hoping S-E doesn't walk back this and any other major deaths that may occur in 3.55, like they did with the events of 2.55. But since they made a lot less of a deal over Papalymo's death than they did Haurchefant's, something tells me it once again won't stick. Sigh.

Thorgal

I felt pretty disappointed with both of the new dungeons. Baelsar's Wall is like Castrum Meridianum only without any cool gimmicks like the cannons. Sohm Al Hard has the novelty of going through the dungeon backwards which is neat exactly once, and no longer has the cool factor of dragons to fight. Creatively they're a step down from what we got in the last few patches.

That said, Dun Scaith is a blast, and overall I was happy with the way the Mhach raid questline played out. Back when Void Ark came out I was convinced it would be dreadful.

Regarding the 3.5 MSQ:

I'm really hoping S-E doesn't walk back this and any other major deaths that may occur in 3.55, like they did with the events of 2.55. But since they made a lot less of a deal over Papalymo's death than they did Haurchefant's, something tells me it once again won't stick. Sigh.

always remember the rule: unless they provide a body in front of me and had their pulse checked or they shatter into many pieces they are not dead in my book

Redx508

if you're looking for pvp info look here https://pvpaissa.com/

lots of good info there.

paissa.JPG

paissa.JPG

Squishy3

3.5 stuff:

they should make sloppy a sound effect to be used so you can use it anytime someone dies in an ex primal farm party

Last night I started a Dun Scaith run thinking this would be quick in easy.

84 minutes later our alliance chat was having a mental break down and I was just typing "AHSAHHAHAAHAHA" in chat because we had failed the last two bosses a total of 14 times. My party must have had some sort of death wish because all of our dps were dragoons who had a habit of standing in front of bosses and getting their heads cleaved off.

I don't want to go back.

Reknoc

I never got any drops from Dun Scaith and I need the coins but yeaaaahhh I dread going in outside of an all GAF run where Drama can carry me.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Anything above i180 that has crit and det on it is good.
Accuracy and morale are worthless and it's all synced down to 150 anyway (but 180+ is better because you can cap out secondary stats this way).
Materia doesn't work at all iirc.
OK thanks for the information!

Day of release in party finder:

"Storm blood primal fight farm party!!"

In chat:

"wtf go watch mr.happy's video!!!!"

Just like heavensward.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Stormblood preorders start on Tuesday January 24th, Early Access begins on June 16th (4 days early!!!).

$200 For the physical Collectors Edition!? That's alot more than the Heavensward Collector's Edition.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
$200 for Physical CE? Woof. I'm assuming that statue is of similar "Meister" quality as the Odin statue. Only reason I can think of.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There's a fairy behind your head getting ready to swoop down and steal your soul

How can the fairy steal a soul from a lalafell when everyone knows lalafell don't have souls?

Stormblood preorders start on Tuesday January 24th, Early Access begins on June 16th (4 days early!!!).

How did that work for retail when Heavensward came out?

IIRC you pre-order in store and they give you a code to enter online and you end up downloading the client anyway for Early Access so you don't actually need the disc beyond the product key that's included.

I'm pretty sure that's how it worked.

Cmagus

$200 for Physical CE? Woof. I'm assuming that statue is of similar "Meister" quality as the Odin statue. Only reason I can think of.

Probably not, it'll probably be the same quality as the Heavensward one, you can see a look at it below when they showed it off. The statue does look to be much bigger though.

This game is getting more popular so they will milk it because they know people will pay it. It's the same reason fanfest was $10 more because they know people will pay it.

The Stormblood collectors edition isn't even as nice as the Heavensward one imo.There is no soundtrack but instead decals and a cloth map. I'll probably get it because this is the one game I usually don't mind spending a little on but the price is a bit much imo.

It definitely looks to be significantly higher quality than the Heavensward statue which was just bad. This one looks really good. Still expensive though, aye.

How did that work for retail when Heavensward came out?

IIRC you pre-order in store and they give you a code to enter online and you end up downloading the client anyway for Early Access so you don't actually need the disc beyond the product key that's included.

I'm pretty sure that's how it worked.

Yeah and it'll be the same for this. You'll get a code when you preorder which unlocks early access, and will let you play for a few days after in case your game code is delayed.

atmuh

Anyone have their blessed gathering tools? Does it require the regional folklore items to hit the full 230?
miner is still bugged where I don't think its possible to hit the number for the achievement I believe, but for btn I had to get 1 3 star item to hit the 230 (this is with every other hidden/unspoiled item gathered), and all 1 star items so yes you need all folklore nodes unlocked
I hadn't yet hit the required 860 gathering with my gear so I used hq snurlberry tart (FC action can also give a boost but I didn't need it)

Cmagus

miner is still bugged where I don't think its possible to hit the number for the achievement I believe, but for btn I had to get 1 3 star item to hit the 230 (this is with every other hidden/unspoiled item gathered)
I hadn't yet hit the required 860 gathering with my gear so I used hq snurlberry tart (FC action can also give a boost but I didn't need it)

Thanks, I just added everything up and with all the log items gathered and I still seem to be 4 short so I was just wondering if those folklore items were included because I don't have any of the books for botanist just yet only miner.

atmuh

Thanks, I just added everything up and with all the log items gathered and I still seem to be 4 short so I was just wondering if those folklore items were included because I don't have any of the books for botanist just yet only miner.
Debating if I should embark on the long torturous road that would be unlocking the tool for fisher. I think I'm somewhere around 100/~450 or something that's required

Heartfyre

MSQ spoilers

Pretty sad about the death if they actually stick with it. Yda and Papalymo are the two characters I was attached to the most, since I started with them in the 1.0 days.

I'm kinda bummed about Ilberd though. This guy was set up to be a major player since 2.5 and ever since he fucked off from the story, I figured he would play a big part in the next expansion since it's gonna focus on Ala Mhigo. I mean, I guess technically he plays a big part with Omega, but I wanted to see more stuff with him and Raubahn.

It was pretty short too, but I imagine 3.55 will have a long story like 2.55 did.

They way they played it off, I'm pretty sure he's not...fully dead. As in, he might be dead now, but by the time that big globe is gone, he'll be alive in some form, even if he is reborn as a mammet.

I was pretty surprised that Omega never showed up at all in Part I. I guess that means we have Omega vs. Rhalgr to look forward to in two months.

$199.99 is ridiculous for that Collector's Edition. And since it looks like they'll be giving out those pre-order codes right away, we'll probably be charged for it at checkout. Not really feeling like being charged that much in January, five months before I see any return on it.

...Still buyin' it, though. Even factoring in the sub costs, I still feel I'll be getting value out of the game overall. FFXIV has become a large percentage of my leisure time, willingly.

Cmagus

Debating if I should embark on the long torturous road that would be unlocking the tool for fisher. I think I'm somewhere around 100/~450 or something that's required

That's probably the toughest one. I've barely made a dent in in fisher so I think I'll stick with BTN and MIN.

ebil

They can keep that Collectors Edition. I will just get whatever edition nets me early access and not a bunch of stuff to collect dust.
Digital Collector Edition will probably provide this. It's what I'll be going for, just like I did with Heavensward.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Yay, A12S down.

Also almost got Zurvan down on the same night. Got to like 9% or less, and probably would have gotten it if not for a few big mistakes at the end of each pull.

I'm not very impressed with Zurvan overall. His voice sounds really lame, and the fight itself looks and feels a bit too much like Ravana. Sephirot and Sophia both had very different and unique feels. Zurvan is like... "hi, I'm a monster who does monster things, so fight me"

As someone hi has been playing on and off since release, I enjoy the game mechanics.

What I don't like is being fucking COMPLETELY tied to the god damn story quests. Anyone really decking into it now is just at SUCH a step back with having to do something like 300 quests in order to make progress and even unlock heavenward stories.

It is just SUCH a big hurdle it's borderline annoying. They needed to add the story skips, and possibly level skips with this patch. You can still go back and do Potd and learn and earn class mechanics as you play through, which is honestly a really good way to earn XP and see what your class is going to be like.

I hit 40 on monk and am just so SICK and TIRED of porting around from place to place to what amounts to fucking almost nothing but wastes of time.

Arkeband

Banned
yeah zurvex is pretty disappointing all things considered
hell dun scaith impressed me more than him

The most noteworthy thing out of Zurvan, from a game development standpoint, is that they took control of the player's camera for the mid-fight limit break.

I mean, there was nothing stopping them from doing that before, but it looks like we can expect things like this from future fights.

Kenai

199.99 is too much for me, I'll stick with digital collector's.

Both dungeons are forgettable but inoffensive outside MSQ continuation (which was good), looking to see how we go from where we are now to the expansion, I'm pretty sure they will dial it up even higher to to give us that push into the new region, like 2.55.

Dun Scaith was a lot of fun and not nearly as bad overall "difficulty" wise as Weeping City with one person sabotaging mechanics
I am so glad the last boss basically kills himself with a self afflicted dot at the end
but man, the messed up queues meant our group of 8 had to fragment ourselves to even get in, which was a real bummer.

Zurvan's theme and mechanics are a step down from the other two Warring Triad but are still good. Just not as good. Would have probably been less disappointing if not the final one, but I still dig it.

AST relic is great (most of them are actually) and i am glad I worked on it up to this point. I am only halfway ish done with crystals but I should finish well before expansion despite casual work on it.

Garo gear and titles are great and even though i dislike PVP in non-PVP games in general I've been earning them at a steady clip and it's far less monotonous than the Yo-Kai event.

Hildebrand was great and I can't wait for more.

Chair mount is great and proves that great stuff shows up outside the cash shop too.

Once the server issues sort themselves out I'll probably assign the patch a personal B/B+

As someone hi has been playing on and off since release, I enjoy the game mechanics.

What I don't like is being fucking COMPLETELY tied to the god damn story quests. Anyone really decking into it now is just at SUCH a step back with having to do something like 300 quests in order to make progress and even unlock heavenward stories.

It is just SUCH a big hurdle it's borderline annoying. They needed to add the story skips, and possibly level skips with this patch. You can still go back and do Potd and learn and earn class mechanics as you play through, which is honestly a really good way to earn XP and see what your class is going to be like.

I hit 40 on monk and am just so SICK and TIRED of porting around from place to place to what amounts to fucking almost nothing but wastes of time.

You never stop having to teleport to places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom