• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Anyone care to explain why there is a giant wall blocking the lalafell ledge? as if the lalafell racism isn't enough now you're telling me they're building a wall? let me guess the lalafells will pay for it as well, disgusting.
That's a historical artifact, you shrimp

I actually wish we fought more Lalafell enemies. I mean has a dungeon boss fight ever been against a Lalafell? I'm drawing a blank here. It'd be nice to fight a boss my size.

gryvan

Anyone care to explain why there is a giant wall blocking the lalafell ledge? as if the lalafell racism isn't enough now you're telling me they're building a wall? let me guess the lalafells will pay for it as well, disgusting.

well...they are rich lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I feel like the naked catgirl vs lala debate always skips the true travesty: Female Au'ra emotes. Anime as hell and not in the good way.

Awb3CgY.png

Quick, silly, question: I am playing on the PS4 and the hotbar system in the controller can get a bit messy. Has anyone come up with some tips for Macros in general? I built two for my Dragoon (lvl 56) but I've heard that Macros are the not the greatest idea. I pretty much have to put in a /wait 2.5 in between each move. I've tried using a keyboard on my PS4 but there is a couple seconds of lag for each input . Any information would be much appreciated.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I didn't realize that the first (free) month doesn't count for vet rewards, so I have to wait another month for the free fantasia if I want to turn my dude into a Au Ra. Looks like I'll be a big doofus for a bit longer.

wamberz1

I think Roeg is pretty cool too but I like the running animation of au ra dudes more, and that is an animation you spend a lot of time seeing.
That's kind of funny because I actually started my character as an au ra, then used my free fantasia for the same reason - I didn't like the au ra running animation. The dumb little prance annoyed me, and their walk animation was like something out of a fashion show.
Play whatever you like, I won't judge
but we do not forgive and we do not forget.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Pretty much all the males have ridiculous runway walk animations, it's one of my main gripes about the game's art style.

IvorB

Thank god this isn't the later one.

The one where the final boss was like "you know what guys, I'm done" and killed itself in disgust with 7min left on the clock.

Nothing can be worse that my chain dying to Ferdinand's girlfriend. I think I died like six times in about a minute. Every time I got up I just died again. Didn't record that part of course ha ha. No idea what's going on in that fight.

Never realized how much I absent-mindedly jump until now. (I'm avis, AKA the only roe lol)
Go team best group!

Yeah your jumping caused me to involuntarily jump. Team B for the win!

eliza0224

The launcher is fucking garbage. I haven't been able to play because the stupid patch stops downloading randomly and it resets 😤

Hopefully with the LAN cable it finishes... it's downloading even slower with it (but hopefully steady) >.>

The launcher is fucking garbage. I haven't been able to play because the stupid patch stops downloading randomly and it resets 😤

Hopefully with the LAN cable it finishes... it's downloading even slower with it (but hopefully steady) >.>

check the OP. Maybe changing your DNS address would help.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Dun Scaith's last boss is so hilariously anime. I love it.

BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMM BATTLEEEEEEEEEEE

Lanrutcon

Did the new dungeons tonight on my Scholar.

There's some damage going around, and things that 1 shot non-tanks. Was definitely not relaxed.

Lttp: Lalas are the worst and the game knows it. I mean, we had that Gold Saucer special event where they introduced a murder mystery game and who was the culprit? A fucking lala.

garath

Finally got to heavensward! Unlocked drk and immediately hit potd. Definitely going to have a learning curve there. Starting to get the hang of dark arts. I need to do a little research to make sure my rotations are OK and then hit a few dungeons and start actually tanking.

Finally unlocked offensive stance on warrior but fell cleave is locked behind more MSQ. Sigh. I'm high enough level but need progress to unlock the zone.

Squishy3

The new dungeons are really nice as "these are the last 2 dungeons" of the expansion (unless we get a surprise in part 2 of the story) those tankbusters are hitting for pretty high damage and happen fairly often compared to something like the swift feather tankbuster in xelphatol (as well as stuff like the last boss of sohm al hard where it summons adds that ALSO start casting the tankbuster)

Alright, I'm downloading the patch.

Do I need to finish the main patches before farming the PvP for the Garo gear? I've only done a couple of MSQs after the credits rolled for base Heavensward.

B.K.

The card rarity restriction in Triple Triad is bullshit. I can't believe you can't have more than one card above one star in a deck.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
So I have a quick question for you PVP veterans.

For PVP and PVP purpose only what's a better option for stats?

A full PVP set (Makai Set at iLv 235) or a full PVE set (Max iLv 270)?

And yes I wouldn't mind adding materia to the PVP set.

Pachimari

I can't remember. The things I sell on the marketplace is something players on the server can buy? So what exactly should I sell? Just excess weapons, and crafting stuff?

The card rarity restriction in Triple Triad is bullshit. I can't believe you can't have more than one card above one star in a deck.

Once you have 30 Triple Triad cards, that restriction is lifted on two star cards, and once you reach 60 it's lifted on three star cards. It's a motivation to go out and collect more cards, basically.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So I have a quick question for you PVP veterans.

For PVP and PVP purpose only what's a better option for stats?

A full PVP set (Makai Set at iLv 235) or a full PVE set (Max iLv 270)?

And yes I wouldn't mind adding materia to the PVP set.

Anything above i180 that has crit and det on it is good.
Accuracy and morale are worthless and it's all synced down to 150 anyway (but 180+ is better because you can cap out secondary stats this way).
Materia doesn't work at all iirc.

iammeiam

Quick PvP question from someone whose never tried it.

What's the quickest way to get wolf marks?

I need that Bayo gun.

Frontlines Roulette is 1k Wolf Marks once per day as a daily bonus, and then at least another 500 per run depending on how well your team does. So you can run it once a day for three days to buy the gun, or once and then run Frontlines a few more times for the rest of the Wolf Marks.. Just make sure to tick off Frontlines Freelancer and you should get pretty quick queues; stick with the group and don't wander off on your own and you should be fine.

Gun is fantastic but I do have to wonder if anybody really thought about how it would look when sheathed and floating behind the character's back.

I can't remember. The things I sell on the marketplace is something players on the server can buy? So what exactly should I sell? Just excess weapons, and crafting stuff?

Orchestration scrolls sometimes sell for a lot apparently.

I think I sold a few things last year then never again.

I also have not sent my retainers out on any ventures.

I should probably fix that.

Cmagus

Orchestration scrolls sometimes sell for a lot apparently.

I think I sold a few things last year then never again.

I also have not sent my retainers out on any ventures.

I should probably fix that.

You can make quite a bit of gil whenever a new patch launches by buying vendor scrolls and selling them at 4-5x the price because people don't look it up and just buy. The thing with orchestrion rolls is most devalue fast but certain ones like Answers and White Raven still sell for 1 mil plus on our server.

Hopefully people try and follow some sort of strategy in PvP, tired of losing. Used to get a decent amount of wins before the patch, guess I just gotta suck it up. Fast queues are a breath of fresh air at least.

Moaradin

MSQ spoilers

Pretty sad about the death if they actually stick with it. Yda and Papalymo are the two characters I was attached to the most, since I started with them in the 1.0 days.

I'm kinda bummed about Ilberd though. This guy was set up to be a major player since 2.5 and ever since he fucked off from the story, I figured he would play a big part in the next expansion since it's gonna focus on Ala Mhigo. I mean, I guess technically he plays a big part with Omega, but I wanted to see more stuff with him and Raubahn.

It was pretty short too, but I imagine 3.55 will have a long story like 2.55 did.

I just started playing last month so I don't know but are the servers always this bad? This is the 4th time this week I wanted to get some play time in but couldn't because they were down/under maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom