• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crafted gear with 5 100% slots you can get from Kuro and sell. Oh boy.
Sophia's track is kinda disappointing after SAY MY NAME since it's just kinda more like Thunder Rolls but the fight looks stellar, even if they said it's not difficult.
Alexander is zzzz

Apartments are just an FC room, who gives a flying.

Wait wut. Who is kuro/what content is that behind?

Guess Who

Banned
apartments are just fc rooms. squadron missions are just retainer ventures. two dungeons, alex, a primal. please look forward to it

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wait wut. Who is kuro/what content is that behind?

Kuro Aliapoh is a new mikitten in Idyllshire. It's like a challenge log with a bunch of different contents you can do, the more you do the better are rewards. It includes EX primals and Coil but you can do it unsynced.

Kuro Aliapoh is a new mikitten in Idyllshire. It's like a challenge log with a bunch of different contents you can do, the more you do the better are rewards. It includes EX primals and Coil but you can do it unsynced.

Oh, so wonderful tales. Ok.

Did they say this gear was desperate from the new crafted stuff?

Rizzi

Don't worry about the expansion until 50, play however you like until then, there's no rush and it might burn you out to blow out the main scenario.

Just get what ever class is needed to unlock your job to 15. Then carry on through the story. It will gear you up and get you to 50 easily. If you own heavensward then all the lvl 50 quests and dungeons will reward you with xp and set you up perfectly for the expansion on your way to 60. Being ahead of that xp curve will mean almost no grind like those of us experienced at launch. You have the benefit of like a hundred quests of xp until you hit heavensward content, so if you like the game, don't hold out buying it.

The benefit of waiting to level up alt classes is that you receive and armory bonus. At lvl 50, all other sub 50 leveling classes will get a big xp bonus, that increases again if you have a 60 class. On top of rested xp, the blue part of the level bar, you will level up alts much faster if you just hold off.

What's your main class? There's useful crossclass skills for every role. Most are learned in the earlier levels too.

If you haven't gotten your job stone you should get that. You'll need your main class at lv 30 and your secondary class at 15 for that (lookup which secondary class you'll need to lv, it differs depending on your job).

You can focus on getting to 50 after that, don't really need to lv any other classes for story progression. Once you reach 50 you can buy the expansion to continue receiving xp, just be aware you won't be able to enter any of the expansion zones till you complete all the story patches for the base game and it's a pretty long quest chain to do that.

Thanks guys. I'm a lancer so I have to get marauder up to 15 to unlock dragoon right?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
iAkDsf3.jpg

9840c1e54d7f2cb65d05242dfdec81bf.jpg

Squishy3

Gladio mullet incoming.
It's not even Gladio, it's the guy Aaron Paul voiced in Kingsglaive.

http://realdgame.jp/zepp5_ffxiv/

i wish this was in the us, maybe they'll work with some us room escape provider in the future, also seems weird they wouldn't time it to happen at the same time as japan's fanfest

english 3.4 trailer btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JPfQb549Eo&ab_channel=FINALFANTASYXIV

3.4 spoilers i guess
so looks like xelphatol final boss does the transform into a primal thing ala ysayle/archbishop thordan and the heavensward. gonna guess warriors of darkness give the beast tribes the eyes of nidhogg to provide the aether to summon them instead of crystals and as a result ifrit and titan are "too powerful" and go berserk when summoned. and we're finally gonna get some fucking idea of what urianger's role is in all this with the betrayal line in the english trailer

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
It's not even Gladio, it's the guy Aaron Paul voiced in Kingsglaive.

http://realdgame.jp/zepp5_ffxiv/

i wish this was in the us, maybe they'll work with some us room escape provider in the future, also seems weird they wouldn't time it to happen at the same time as japan's fanfest

english 3.4 trailer btw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JPfQb549Eo&ab_channel=FINALFANTASYXIV

3.4 spoilers i guess
so looks like xelphatol final boss does the transform into a primal thing ala ysayle/archbishop thordan and the heavensward. gonna guess warriors of darkness give the beast tribes the eyes of nidhogg to provide the aether to summon them instead of crystals and as a result ifrit and titan are "too powerful" and go berserk when summoned. and we're finally gonna get some fucking idea of what urianger's role is in all this with the betrayal line in the english trailer
There better be a titan god mode added in the patch. Have him drop rocks and everyone has to jump on 8 specific platforms to survive like qbert.
Its seems like we're going back to 2.1-2.4 gear again with the top hats.
The new dungeons and raid still look like scholar and tank heaven and everyone elses hell.
Sophia seems dope.
Hildibrand looks super duper dope.
Shame theres no CrossXhotbar action in the trailer.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
the real megaton is HILDEBRAND BEING A DRAGOON WADAFAK
YoshiP: "Meet dragoon Hildy. We hope you are excited."
Fans: "But I thought he was a knight..."
YoshiP: "He changed classes."
Fan: "but..."
Yoship: "No shuddup tho its fine."

Same thing happen with the 1.0 characters.

Is it just me or did this live letter feel really pointless? I liked the new info on wondrous tails but everything else was already talked about except merchandise. Honestly could've just released a trailer and that would've been fine.

Admittingly I was hoping for a 4.0 tease but I knew it wasn't coming. I just was expecting something else new from TGS.

Ken

Live letters are cool when we don't know 100% of the content being detailed and when 80% of the patch gear isn't re-colors.

Caj814

Are they adding crafted LoTA gear in this patch? Noticed the tank in the PotD preview was wearing the light set just like how in the first preview they wore the final coil gear which was added as a crafted set in the same patch.

Kaname

Are they adding crafted LoTA gear in this patch? Noticed the tank in the PotD preview was wearing the light set just like how in the first preview they wore the final coil gear which was added as a crafted set in the same patch.

It'd be kinda cool if we could dye those.

Sorian

Banned
Can someone explain to me what the squadrons are?

Also, I saw Palace of the Dead then went to reddit and saw someone say they were adding all 51-200, that true?

Also, I saw Palace of the Dead then went to reddit and saw someone say they were adding all 51-200, that true?
Garrisons. Basically party members you'll train and take to content with you eventually

And yeah, 51-200 are coming in 3.45

aceface

Apparently they brought back some Tactics Ogre music for the new Palace of the Dead floors. Hype. Tactics Ogre and FFT are some of my favorite games every so I love that the staff are fans an include references/inspirations etc.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

You get hirelings you can train with your GC by completing any task in challenge log, then you subsequently train them and send them on missions not unlike ventures or class hall missions from Legion/garrisons for WoD. Supposedly at some point we'll be able to do more with them such as taking them into duties and stuff but for now it's just ventures pretty much

apartments are just fc rooms. squadron missions are just retainer ventures. two dungeons, alex, a primal. please look forward to it

That was my take away from all this.

Still more interested in the MSQ, Triad, Hilde, and Scholasicate storylines more than anything. Not looking forward to tome grinding again, the weekly cap makes it rough and I'm not a hardcore raider. They need to introduce a third option for gear... I know the game will never be FFXI, but at least the game gave you so many options to get gear.

I'm probably going to sit this one out until I have my fill of Rise of Iron.

Shahed

Can the ARR beast tribe quests be turned in by a different class? Say for example I want to level my SCH that's in the low 40's. Can I do the actual quest as one of my 60 classes and turn it in as my Scholar?

I know you can't in Heavensward. But with Ixal quests I can create the recipe's using my better crafters and use them to level my lower ones. Do the same rules apply?

Can the ARR beast tribe quests be turned in by a different class? Say for example I want to level my SCH that's in the low 40's. Can I do the actual quest as one of my 60 classes and turn it in as my Scholar?

I know you can't in Heavensward. But with Ixal quests I can create the recipe's using my better crafters and use them to level my lower ones. Do the same rules apply?
Yes, you can

Squishy3

Pretty sure you just need to accept it on the SCH then do it as another class. It's not nearly as fast for leveling as the Ixal tribes were though

That's only if the class you're turning it it has a high enough level to accept the quest.
So a lv40 SCH can't turn in a higher level quest.

Shahed

Yes, you can

Pretty sure you just need to accept it on the SCH then do it as another class. It's not nearly as fast for leveling as the Ixal tribes were though

That's only if the class you're turning it it has a high enough level to accept the quest.
So a lv40 SCH can't turn in a higher level quest.

Yeah, 9k XP a piece ain't worth it
Thanks. I guess I'll accept on SCH and use my WAR to clear them, and if my SCH is too low for the higher ones I'll just use my PLD. Haven't used it since Heavensward and it's my only non-60 Tank class. Yes the exp isn't great, but the main reason I'm doing them is to rank up the Beast Tribes. I was just hoping to get some exp along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom