• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wamberz1

Nephtis

I just reactivated my account. I think I had a mage/healer class character... it's been a while lol

I also got heavensward. would anyone be willing to join up with me so I can get a hold of the game again? Do we have any GAF guilds? How do guilds work anyway? linkshells or something right?

god it's so overwhelming to remember the bits I do about the game lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
They wanted to go for a casual form of "father", unfortunately our casual form of "father" has some unintended implications.

Papa of light might've worked?

They wanted to go for a casual form of "father", unfortunately our casual form of "father" has some unintended implications.

That would have worked, yes. I can't blame Japanese speakers for not understanding the cultural connotations of English words, connotations that you'd be unlikely to pick up from a dictionary, but they should have had a native English speaker check the title first. (Not that Japanese companies ever bother to do that.)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

I thought the casual form was just dad. At least that sounds better than daddy.

That title is too much. It's AWFUL.

Redx508

Okay since pretty much everyone is okay with it. Here's the plan for Crystal Tower:

FRIDAY NIGHT, 3/31, 19:00 PST ONWARDS

We can try to get as many people in as possible. I think we have at least 3 newbies who haven't done it before including myself, so if there are enough people, we can actually try forming 3 parties of 8, and everyone gets bonuses. I'm not even sure if that's possible with the duty system!

i got one more person going. i think we got 8 almost?

Edzi

So if I finished the mission where they break the 4 barriers before the crystal tower, I should be caught up for tonight right?

i got one more person going. i think we got 8 almost?

I probably won't be able to make it for Labyrinth, but I might be able to make the latter two raids if a spot opens up.

So if I finished the mission where they break the 4 barriers before the crystal tower, I should be caught up for tonight right?

Yes, it'll be clear because you'll be asked to use Duty Finder to go into Labyrinth of the Ancients.

Squishy3

yes. none of the other quests to unlock the other floors after beating labyrinth of the ancients have you sitting around waiting for 3 hours for the fate in coerthas to pop.

Oh wow, Scholar is so much fun in 4 man dungeons. Pet does most of the work, leaving me to do a lot of dots, damage mitigation, etc.

i'm guessing Support pet is for when you are secondary healer/ off healer?

Also picked up summoner, because why not. Seems like it will be fun to quest with as well.

B.K.

How long would it take to do the Crystal Tower raids? I need to do them, too, but it will be around 10:00 tonight. If it takes four or five hours to do them and everything to unlock the next one after doing each one, I don't think I can do it. It's been a long week. I don't think I can stay up that late and I think I've got a nerve pinched in my back. I physically can't sit that long.

Redx508

How long would it take to do the Crystal Tower raids? I need to do them, too, but it will be around 10:00 tonight. If it takes four or five hours to do them and everything to unlock the next one after doing each one, I don't think I can do it. It's been a long week. I don't think I can stay up that late and I think I've got a nerve pinched in my back. I physically can't sit that long.

no it won't take that long each of them are 20-30mins or less.

studyguy

Tactics Alexander music isn't even right.
FF Tactics already had PS1 era music that didn't sound like it was coming from an SNES era system

Tactics Alexander music isn't even right.
FF Tactics already had PS1 era music that didn't sound like it was coming from an SNES era system

Tactics Alexander is based more on Tactics Ogre than Final Fantasy Tactics. But the music isn't SNES style either; they probably just went with a chiptune sound because it's the default "retro" game sound.

Squishy3

Tactics Alexander is based more on Tactics Ogre than Final Fantasy Tactics. But the music isn't SNES style either; they probably just went with a chiptune sound because it's the default "retro" game sound.
Probably easier to convert it into chiptune than to create authentic SNES style sound, as well. The salt in that thread about the XIV team doing this is pretty good though.

The only mechanics you need to be super concerned with in Crystal Tower are the ones that can actually wipe you if they're not done. Stuff like King Behemoth, Angra Mainyu, and the Cloud of Darkness. All three raids, especially LotA and Syrcus, are basically a faceroll regardless.

The only guide you really need.

dabig2

Man, talk about feast or famine... Just did the The Steps of Faith trial and my first party was a massive bust. Failed 3 times and the 2 tanks were bitching at each other the entire time. Then 1 tank rage quit but the replacement tank then started fighting with the other one, of course. And no one wanted to do the cannons nor ensnare the dragon. Ended up abandoning. Waited 30 minutes before trying again in DF, and this time we murdered the hell out of him with barely a sweat. Don't believe we even got to the final section. Thankfully everyone already knew what to do I guess.

B.K.

I just unlocked level 45-50 mining and quarrying nodes. What do the stars next to items in the Gathering Log mean?

Cmagus

Finally got my Sophia bird today.

I5NTPaj.png

Edzi

Should we make a separate discord server for this or something? How are we gonna coordinate this?

EDIT: I'm dumb, this is what the FC chat is for lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom