• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhhh, guys. The game keeps crashing when I boot it. On PS4. This is the first time this happens.

edit: welp, it appears the PS4 version doesn't work right now. There are issues with PSN. :(

B.K.

That Behemoth fight was bad. I watched a guide for stage one of the Crystal Tower a few days ago, but I had completely forgotten its mechanics.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
4% on A10S before group falls apart.

Fucking.

Hell.

dabig2

That Behemoth fight was bad. I watched a guide for stage one of the Crystal Tower a few days ago, but I had completely forgotten its mechanics.

First one left a lot to be desired, but 2nd time through was a relative breeze once mechanics were known.

After watching some old cutscenes I want them to give PLD
the ability to use two swords in Sword Oath like Raubahn did. He's a Gladiator yet he can dual wield but PLD (Gladiator) can't?

Bullshit.

As long as you know to LoS ecliptic meteor, you're probably going to do okay. Nobody bothers with the towers anymore lol.

It's actually kind of funny to watch the raid faceroll everything else and then watch an entire alliance just drop dead.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
AH

FUCKEN

DID IT

time to study a11s

Edzi

Crystal Tower completed with the FC and it was a pretty fun time. Duckroll, it was an honor to see you die so valiantly and repeatedly.

Omni

How upsetting, haha

uroTSyW.jpg

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
We should do these runs again once the new players are able to do the Void Ark alliance raids but yeah I had a great time with GAF FC doing all 3 towers.

dabig2

GAF FC is the bestest! Thanks everyone!

Yup, thank you GAF for all of this! I don't think I'd ever have done the crystal tower without you all. This + finishing up all the content leading up to 3.0 has been a fantastic night!

Now, finally onto HW content.

Edzi

I got a piece of Demon Armor from the Crystal Tower raids/world of darkness and now I want the whole set... Is the only way to grind the raid? :(

Grats!

I got my lance within my first few clears of Zurv, but then the Axe took me about 50 runs. -_-

Still no Birb either, and I imagine it will be extra rough getting those last 30 clears as most competent ppl have probably stopped running it since you can buy the bird now. I was in a 6 DPS solo tank solo heal party and we still didn't skip soar. Shit was a disgrace.

JCH!

So, I finally decided to give this a whirl after they extended the trial period.

I think I'm getting too old for this kind of game, early game is excruciatingly boring. I assume it gets better later on but I just have no will to keep going through all the story exposition (I really don't care about the story, if I'm honest) and go-talk-to-this-guy quests.

Nephtis

So, I finally decided to give this a whirl after they extended the trial period.

I think I'm getting too old for this kind of game, early game is excruciatingly boring. I assume it gets better later on but I just have no will to keep going through all the story exposition (I really don't care about the story, if I'm honest) and go-talk-to-this-guy quests.

I hear you. It seems pretty grindy, but then so was wow. I still don't know much about the leatherworking, mining, etc... the only thing I think that separates this from wow are the graphics and the community.

The community makes the game super fun, and I feel this game lacks that. Maybe it's just me. But WOW handled this aspect so so so much better. I just re-subscribed and I'm already considering dropping it.

ebil

As much as I love the game, I don't think I could recommend FF14 to anyone if they don't care about the story at all. The dungeons are pretty, the art and music are really good, endgame fights are fun, it delivers in the FF fan service department, but the "gameplay loop" at level cap isn't worth the grind if you're not invested in the world, characters, story or community.

Thorgal

Decided it was time for a change for my main .

Looking this Badass and having so much swag should be illegal .:p

ffxiv_dx112017-03-302bqblq.jpg

ffxiv_dx112017-03-302vhxq3.jpg

I feel like i am a member of The Turks from FFVII now :p

Z7F22kM.jpg

iammeiam

Gameplay sucks until level 30 or 50 for most jobs. It's a factor of having a horribly slow GCD meaning a ton of downtime until you get your full kit and have more things to push off the cool down. This part definitely gets better.

As someone who gave up on ever caring about the story or characters after one too many "SHOCKING EVENT! -> LOLJKITSFINE" loops, the best thing I can say about the story is that in Heavensward patches there's less of it to trudge through to stay current but that's a few hundred Go to X now Go to Y quests down the line for you.

There's some fun stuff that opens up in endgame, level-cap combat is considerably more interesting than at the start, and I like the focus on the relatively smaller 8-person raid groups and longer encounters over WoW's fixed 20 man approach to mythic, but a large part of why they're at some point adding in level and story skip potions is because the entire experience of getting to endgame right now is not great if you're coming at FFXIV from an MMO Player perspective and not an FF Fan perspective. It's awkward because once you hit 'current' the story becomes an extremely minor part of your playtime, but until you get there it chokes off most other things.

I'm always a bit nervous when I play tank because I don't wanna mess things up, but it's also super nice going into a trial for the first time as a tank and doing so well that people compliment and say that it's the cleanest run they've had and walk away with all of the commendations.

Squishy3

Why did I buy 15 Pneumites and 18 Umbrites before buying 5 Aether Oils ._.
because you could've been doing the crystal tower weekly for aether oils ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

not trying to be an asshole, there just is a better way to get aether oils while still spending all your lore on umbrites

B.K.

I know it was a bit hectic last night in the Crystal Tower, but did anyone see anything I did wrong while tanking or have any tips to get better?

As much as I love the game, I don't think I could recommend FF14 to anyone if they don't care about the story at all. The dungeons are pretty, the art and music are really good, endgame fights are fun, it delivers in the FF fan service department, but the "gameplay loop" at level cap isn't worth the grind if you're not invested in the world, characters, story or community.

As a big FF fan since VII, i agree. I found all the MMO mechanics well done and fine, but the game shine if you care about it setting. The rest is all you can expect in a AAA MMO but with soul. I found it the opposit of BDO where the gameplay is on par with action game but lack any kind of soul or storytelling.

So much PotD... but it looks badass at 60 with the Makai and Shire gear.
C8WuzW4UIAAQgU2.jpg:medium

(Yes, my photoshop skills are rusty, wanted to get in on some of that April Fools fun!)

agc

A friend is having an issue on PS4 where FFXIV is installed and up-to-date (she just played the other day) but now whenever she tries to start the game, it's trying to download ARR 2.0. Anyone heard of this or know of any solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom