• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
because you could've been doing the crystal tower weekly for aether oils ¯_(ツ)_/¯

not trying to be an asshole, there just is a better way to get aether oils while still spending all your lore on umbrites
While this is true, I thought that you can only get Oils from that quest if you got to the appropriate part of the AW quest. I should've checked, I guess.

So you can just farm Alex savage for drops now with no weekly limit?

Maybe they are so busy with Stormblood that they forgot to unlock normal because that doesn't make much sense to me to have savage unlocked but not normal.

Creator normal loot drops have been unlocked for months.

The only thing that's still locked is the weekly token you get from A12 which you can trade for shire weapons.

iammeiam

Creator normal loot drops have been unlocked for months.

The only thing that's still locked is the weekly token you get from A12 which you can trade for shire weapons.

Which, just to highlight how stupid this is: Means for 7 weeks of A12 normal clears + 1,000 scripture (capped at 900 a week now) you can get an i260 weapon.

as in

worse than Zurvan

because the upgrade item still hasn't been added to Dun Scaith

On the one hand they've left themselves some room to unlock stuff, but on the other hand why this order guys c'mon srs.

Which, just to highlight how stupid this is: Means for 7 weeks of A12 normal clears + 1,000 scripture (capped at 900 a week now) you can get an i260 weapon.

as in

worse than Zurvan

because the upgrade item still hasn't been added to Dun Scaith

On the one hand they've left themselves some room to unlock stuff, but on the other hand why this order guys c'mon srs.

Most people can clear A12 normal. Most players cannot clear Zurvan Ex.

iammeiam

That only matters if you don't think most people should have access to better-than-Sophia weapons without seven weeks of running A12N like a chore. Like, for people who don't do relic because umbrite is dumb, don't raid, don't do EX primals, why has weapon progression stalled since November and why is it still 7 weeks per i260 alt weapon? Especially since they bumped the cap and halved the time it takes to gear up the rest of your slots with tome gear? At this point none of the gear matters; they can't take the weapons to 270 without raiding, so what does keeping the gears on lockout actually do now?

It was silly that gobdip didn't hit DS alongside the i275 relic step/Diadem 280. It not hitting alongside Savage unlock is bizarre, and keeping the base 260 weapons on a 7 week delay for people not doing Savage makes no sense.

Chille

That only matters if you don't think most people should have access to better-than-Sophia weapons without seven weeks of running A12N like a chore. Like, for people who don't do relic because umbrite is dumb, don't raid, don't do EX primals, why has weapon progression stalled since November and why is it still 7 weeks per i260 alt weapon? Especially since they bumped the cap and halved the time it takes to gear up the rest of your slots with tome gear? At this point none of the gear matters; they can't take the weapons to 270 without raiding, so what does keeping the gears on lockout actually do now?

It was silly that gobdip didn't hit DS alongside the i275 relic step/Diadem 280. It not hitting alongside Savage unlock is bizarre, and keeping the base 260 weapons on a 7 week delay for people not doing Savage makes no sense.

Well we got a 3.57 patch which will probably remove the cap and add gobdip to DS

also in other news, my review for HW appeared in the WWE adverts feels good.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm curious - are people doing old alliance raids unsynced for the weekly Oil quest or do they actually wait for duty finder queues and do it synced?

dramatis

A friend is having an issue on PS4 where FFXIV is installed and up-to-date (she just played the other day) but now whenever she tries to start the game, it's trying to download ARR 2.0. Anyone heard of this or know of any solutions?
Try checking with SE chat support or the bug forums (steer clear of other places).

I'm not sure what happened between her playing the other day and her present problem. At worst she'll probably have to delete the game and redownload it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You can't undersize the 24-mans; they didn't go back and rework them to work undersized, so they're normal queue or nothing
Well, that's a bummer. I guess it's still faster than running another dungeon 7 times for enough tokes for one oil.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm curious - are people doing old alliance raids unsynced for the weekly Oil quest or do they actually wait for duty finder queues and do it synced?

I did them synced, personally. I've only seen a few unsync groups for LOTA/CT/WoD. Easier to just queue up and then do something else while waiting.

They're pretty faceroll anyway.

Been experimenting with some glamour.

jxnG1vQ.jpg

Not quite satisfied with how it turned out. The lightning coat and boots would be a closer fit, but fuck paying 18 dollars for that crap.

Return to Ivalice is the reason I'm playing FFXIV...

Is that why you decided to try it out?

If I wasn't already playing this game I most likely would have tried the free trial based on the news alone.

I'm looking forward to whatever Matsuno is cooking up for the story, as well as some FFT armor sets (please add Knight armor) and Soken renditions of classic FFT tracks.

Squishy3

I'd imagine 3.57 will nerf the Lore tomestone prices, add gobdip to Dun Scaith, and change A12N to uncapped gears and 4 gears for a tomestone.

Edzi

Guys, apparently I'm maxed out on Allagan Tomestones of Poetics (2000), so should I just spend them on the Ironworks gear or will I be able to spend them on something else soon that I should save them for? People have given me mixed suggestions on whether I should pick them up or just wait for the armor I get naturally through the story (I'm level 56, just fought Ramuh in the story, still rocking mostly Warrior set gear at ilvl 90ish aside from one pair of Demon Gauntlets which are ilvl 120).

What should I do?

EDIT: Unrelated, but the Ascians are straight up Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts and I love it.

Omni

Guys, apparently I'm maxed out on Allagan Tomestones of Poetics (2000), so should I just spend them on the Ironworks gear or will I be able to spend them on something else soon that I should save them for? People have given me mixed suggestions on whether I should pick them up or just wait for the armor I get naturally through the story (I'm level 56, just fought Ramuh in the story, still rocking mostly Warrior set gear at ilvl 90ish aside from one pair of Demon Gauntlets which are ilvl 120).

What should I do?
Get yourself some i120 gear. It'll help you out for HW stuff too. Especially since you're a War and will be tanking

Long term you could buy some of the anima relic stuff (thavnairian mists and whatever) but that's even if you decide to make one. Not really worth it at this point but something to think about.

jiiikoo

Banned
What the hell is going on at SE? I've tried adding Crystas two times now to my account and both times it has given me an error, although they've taken the funds out of my Credit Card lol.

Edzi

WWE Has Teamed Up With FFXIV.

WUI3taY.png

And it appears not to be an April 1st joke .

This... This makes me happy.

Get yourself some i120 gear. It'll help you out for HW stuff too. Especially since you're a War and will be tanking

Long term you could buy some of the anima relic stuff (thavnairian mists and whatever) but that's even if you decide to make one. Not really worth it at this point but something to think about.

Bit the bullet and bought the set, which puts me back to 0 tomestones. I did not realize the ironworks armor looked so darn cool. Fashion makes it all worth it, though I don't know if I'll ever dabble in glamor since the armor designs are so cool on their own.

Cmagus

The problem with Zurvan Ex is that for some reason the community made it toxic right from the start. The PF on Sargatanas is pretty shit to the point that new people to the fight aren't given a chance and people will disband after one wipe or if soar isn't skipped so if you can't get people to help it's pretty tough to clear let alone farm birds.

Our FC is good about helping people through but the same can't be said for most. Another thing is people setting the ilvl high tgat most people who don't raid savage won't have the gear to participate it's truly bizarre how people have acted over this primal. I think part of the problem is people were already over geared for the fight that something like soar could be skipped in the first place.

ebil

The problem with Zurvan Ex is that for some reason the community made it toxic right from the start. The PF on Sargatanas is pretty shit to the point that new people to the fight aren't given a chance and people will disband after one wipe or if soar isn't skipped so if you can't get people to help it's pretty tough to clear let alone farm birds.

Our FC is good about helping people through but the same can't be said for most. Another thing is people setting the ilvl high tgat most people who don't raid savage won't have the gear to participate it's truly bizarre how people have acted over this primal. I think part of the problem is people were already over geared for the fight that something like soar could be skipped in the first place.
Yeah, this should never have been skippable in the first place. Zurvan should have been tuned higher.

Savage being easy to clear this time around means mediocre raiders being geared with Savage clears already when it was released, and these usually are the ones who display the most toxicity towards more casual players when they eventually manage to clear stuff.

duckroll

So can someone tell me when Heavensward's story gets "really fucking good" because everyone says it is like sooooooooooo much better than ARR, and you know, I really believe you, but like, the start of it feels like they went right back to My First MMO, with dumbass introductory quests and you being a stupid errand runner for boring low-tier scrubs as a means to introduce you to the new areas. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

So can someone tell me when Heavensward's story gets "really fucking good" because everyone says it is like sooooooooooo much better than ARR, and you know, I really believe you, but like, the start of it feels like they went right back to My First MMO, with dumbass introductory quests and you being a stupid errand runner for boring low-tier scrubs as a means to introduce you to the new areas. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

I liked it from the beginning, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. I can see where you're coming from with the opening questlines in the Coerthas Western Highlands and Sea of Clouds, but I thought they did a good job of fleshing out the Fortemps characters and Ishgardian society and was impressed by the increased creativity of the solo duties.

Apoptomon

Wouldn't even need the WWE. Just have SE give us the Godbert Savage trial we deserve.
What even would the clear rate on Godbert (Savage) be? Pretty low?

I wanna say "the second half"
'cause iirc that's when the villains show up
, but to get there you'll have to get through some rather trying
moogle
quests.

Bowlie

Banned
To me, it started when they first showed the Dravanian side of the conflict, and when my dude went on a field trip with the other supporting characters.

edit: vvv, yup

After the Vault dungeon is when the story becomes personal.

Also, the best part of the Heavensward story isn't even in the 3.0 MSQ, but the 3.3 patch MSQ.

After the Moogle quests, I believe.

duckroll

I liked it from the beginning, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. I can see where you're coming from with the opening questlines in the Coerthas Western Highlands and Sea of Clouds, but I thought they did a good job of fleshing out the Fortemps characters and Ishgardian society and was impressed by the increased creativity of the solo duties.

Yeah I'm not hating it but like, I didn't ask to be in his household helping these morons. Lol. Makes me hate Aphialfananual whatever his name is more. I just wanna take Tataru and go on a big dragonslaying adventure instead. :(

ebil

The introductory quests were designed to split the group of people rushing through the expansion at the start of it. It was a rather clever move, as it made for the smoothest expansion launch I've ever experienced prior to Legion (which actually did the same thing to an even bigger extent).

I wonder if Stormblood will attempt something similar with Gyr Abania and Othard. That would be weird but I'm not excluding it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom