• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
blms shouldn't be stacking/close to other players though
obviously too far away is a mistake because of what you said, but generally blms are positioned away from everyone else

BLM have to position as far away from other people as possible because the boss will always target them the moment they put Leylines down

Redx508

Just got an email and found out about the free login campaign. Since time starts from the day you first log in and today's almost over then I'll start tomorrow. I haven't played since back in October so hopefully it'll be easy to jump back in.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/8d40f73885395998a39c3100a32e46100d5e685f

here's a patch breakdown and where to unlock the new things.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10jLUEf_k5cVzYuCoaN3m1W4F2b085K_Iv9qeWeAduzY/pubhtml#

B.K.

Void Ark down. It wasn't too bad until Cuchulainn. I don't know what happened there. The slimes were on the platforms and everyone almost wiped then. There were only two other people in my group that survived. Just one more raid to do and I can join the FC in Dun Scaith. Maybe I can clear Weeping City by next Wednesday.

Redhood

Finished the
The Final step of faith
. Those cutscenes were pure hype. All in all I cared more for Coerthas than all the 3 original states even during 2.0. On surface all had the problem with beast tribes and primals but the storytelling in Heavensward was such a markup from the ARR 2.0 to 2.5. It makes me excited for Stormblood. Although I do hope the original 3 also receive some substantial story development in order for me to care for them. This may be highly unlikely as people would scream recycled areas. Maybe Uldah will have a huge role in stormblood rather than be just the quest start city.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If you go back a few pages you'll find people talking about how Uldah already gets all the plotlines (even if they're not as good as Ishgard's). I figure with Eorthed opening up Limsa might play a bigger part in Stormblood once Ala Mhigo is concluded.

Or maybe not. Maybe we can fuck around with Uldah/Ala Mhigan politics some more.

Gridania probably won't become relevant until we're actually pushing into Garlemald.

Redhood

Gridania was my starting city and I love it because of that. Uldah was heavily featured in 2.1 to 2.5 that I agree. I care next to none about Limsa! lol

Eorthed opening up Limsa

Can U elaborate? I am not sure I understand.
I do know they are adding swimming to Limsa areas so thats cool I guess.

Haly

*Othard

For Stormblood we're going east to Othard, right? But it's not like we're just going to teleport there. I'm pretty sure Limsa is the naval force of Eorzea so the admiral and her fleet will be involved. And if we're going to be doing some plotline like Perry opening up Japan to the US then Limsa is in the best position to be the focus.

dramatis

One thing I dislike about healing in this game, aside from it being, you know, totally 1-dimensional, is that DPS have this really annoying habit of moving way more then necessary, especially out of the range of my AoE heals.
It's 2d because you have to find ze optimal position

Redhood

Minions are so usless unless you play that game in Golden Saucer. They immediately lost their appeal once I got my Chocobo. Now I only use aetheryte system and mounts to travel so I don't even feel the need to summon one. Would love to own the moogle one though but I will not see it for the majority of the time. Hence I don't upgrade to collector's edition. Same goes for FAT Chocobos, they cannot fight hence I will never use them also. They should either make minions summonable in Dungeons, or on mounts or make them usable in combat or something. They should all mounts as combat ready considering they have one or two attack animations at most and most mounts are already existing as enemies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
*Othard

For Stormblood we're going east to Othard, right? But it's not like we're just going to teleport there. I'm pretty sure Limsa is the naval force of Eorzea so the admiral and her fleet will be involved. And if we're going to be doing some plotline like Perry opening up Japan to the US then Limsa is in the best position to be the focus.

I'm perfectly fine for SE to bring back Ferry rides. 10-20 minute riding times, 10-20 minute waiting on Ferry times, "oh shit, I just missed the boat" moments. Ahhh, FFXI memories.

Finally unlocked Scholar (and Summoner). Should I just dump all of my attribute points to Mind now?

If you want to play Scholar, then buy a point reset from your Grand Company and dump it all into Mind. If you want to play both, stock up on the reset item.

Edzi

If you want to play Scholar, then buy a point reset from your Grand Company and dump it all into Mind. If you want to play both, stock up on the reset item.

I actually haven't used any points up to this point, so I'll just go ahead and dump everything into Mind. Thanks

More timestop adventures.

e0Ayl.png

e0OGw.png

Haven't logged on in two days and get unable to version check about 5 times. If this is happening to anyone this solution fixed it for me. Change DNS (PS4)

Primary is 195.46.39.39

Secondary is 195.46.39.40

Haven't logged on in two days and get unable to version check about 5 times. If this is happening to anyone this solution fixed it for me. Change DNS (PS4)

Primary is 195.46.39.39

Same thing happened to me except I used 209.244.0.3 & 209.244.0.4 for the DNS settings. It fixed it.

Just remember to change it back afterwards.

Haly

I hope the gear is super sexy and the animations are super sexy and the NPC trainer is super sexy.

I hope the gear is super sexy and the animations are super sexy and the NPC trainer is super sexy.

I already prepped some glamour gear for it too. Sophisticated clothing for a sophisticated weapon.

There are a few kimono robes from events but I'm going to wait till I see what SB has for that sort of gear before putting something together for Samurai.

I remember reading something a while ago about the Samurai and Red Mage trainers. I think the Red Mage one is a lalafell IIRC.

I could be remembering that wrong though.

dramatis

Primary is 195.46.39.39

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/4tma7u/ps4_unable_to_complete_version_check/d5j3quj/
Here's what worked for me at patch 3.3. In order to force to launcher to update on PS4, completely exit out of the game. As soon as you see the launcher screen press the PS button. Wait a couple seconds and double tap the PS button. This worked for me on the previous patch and the error code is the same. The double tap seems to be precisely timed, so try it a couple times if it doesn't work the first time. Hope this helps.

B.K.

Weeping City cleared. Somehow, I ended up as the main tank for the raid. It was going decently until the last boss. I got caught in one of the traps when the orbs were summoned and was killed before I was freed. After I was raised, I waited a few seconds to get healed back before I engaged again. By then, someone else had gotten aggro and pulled it to the side. It did the hair thing and attacked the side of the room where everyone was. It was right against the corner of the arena, so there wasn't much room to get out of the way. Everyone managed to get back up and we won. Almost wiping was probably partly my fault, but not all of it, at least.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Thanks to everyone who showed up and helped me take down that massive bird. He was standing exactly where I needed to go to continue the MSQ lol.

kagamin

Feels so good to play again after taking a break, got back into the flow of SCH and MNK real fast, though I was struggling with MP until I remembered to actively use my aetherflow stacks.

Foxxsoxx

I haven't been able to play for 2 months because for some strange reason my Square Enix ID is different from the one my PS4 displays, and that can't even be changed.

Customer support doesn't even recognize my ID that I use. The ID that is literally on my PS4 which can't even be erased as an account. Yeah they don't even recognize my ID as ever existing.

The worst customer support I have ever had to deal with... I can't play an account that I still pay for because of how fucked up Squares systems are.

I can go and log in with my email address on the website and it gives me a different Square Enix ID than the one on my PS4 that I've always used. But if I try and log in with my SQ ID it says the password is wrong.

What. The. Fuck.

Kinan

I haven't been able to play for 2 months because for some strange reason my Square Enix ID is different from the one my PS4 displays, and that can't even be changed.

Customer support doesn't even recognize my ID that I use. The ID that is literally on my PS4 which can't even be erased as an account. Yeah they don't even recognize my ID as ever existing.

The worst customer support I have ever had to deal with... I can't play an account that I still pay for because of how fucked up Squares systems are.

I can go and log in with my email address on the website and it gives me a different Square Enix ID than the one on my PS4 that I've always used. But if I try and log in with my SQ ID it says the password is wrong.

What. The. Fuck.

Whoever thought that tying SE ID to PSN ID permanently is a good idea should be fucking fired. Even god damn deleting the tied SE id did not help, cause the tie still persist through death.

I ended up using my wife's PSN account and completely new SE ID to actually play the game.

Inbachi

Neo Member
How long, roughly, is the MSQ? I'm not sure I'll have the time to become really involved with everything this game has to offer but I'd at least like to play through the story, especially since it seems so many people say it's good. Is it possible to play through solely the MSQ or do you need to sidetrack/grind in order to progress?

Royce McCutcheon

Just hit patch 2.2, these main story quest are ass and a half. I feel like a sucker teleporting around the world just to be sent right back. Don't we have linkshells??? Why do I have to travel for patches of paragraphs. I literally walked to Y'sto, to thancred, back to Y'sto, who were not even 10 feet away from each other. The dungeons and fights however, are fun as hell.

ebil

How long, roughly, is the MSQ? I'm not sure I'll have the time to become really involved with everything this game has to offer but I'd at least like to play through the story, especially since it seems so many people say it's good. Is it possible to play through solely the MSQ or do you need to sidetrack/grind in order to progress?
You'll need to do a bit of side content to progress at specific times, but not that much. I'd suggest unlocking the optional dungeons and doing your leveling roulette every day, it definitely will add up.

MSQ is roughly the length of a single-player RPG. Around 75h for 2.0 - 2.55, and around 65 for 3.0 - 3.55?

Luigi87

Man, I only just realized that Minions have different flavour-text from their descriptions when mousing over them... Some of them cracked me up.

Inbachi

Neo Member
You'll need to do a bit of side content to progress at specific times, but not that much. I'd suggest unlocking the optional dungeons and doing your leveling roulette every day, it definitely will add up.

MSQ is roughly the length of a single-player RPG. Around 75h for 2.0 - 2.55, and around 65 for 3.0 - 3.55?

Oh wow, ok. I didn't realize it was that long. I was thinking maybe 40-50 hours worth of content versus over double that. I guess I better get on it!

I think I like DRK better than PLD or WAR, so now I'm levelling one instead of doing HW content. ;D

Dark Knight is designed more like a DPS in the sense that they have a bunch of oGCD moves that you need to keep track of compared to PLD's 2 oGCD moves and WAR's 1.

Personally I find it more engaging because there are plenty of things to fill the space inbetween GCD moves that you need to pay attention to.

Redhood

Last night I did Extreme versions of Garuda & unsynced Titan and Leviathan.

Garuda was crazy as people kept killing spiny plume before its time or they will not stack in the center thereby destroying the rocks. It was funny as 8 people hid behind one waist high rock only to be obliterated into oblivion.

Unsynced was 4 tanks and 2 healers with my FC members and it was the most fun I had in the game ever. I am a healer and everyone was overleveled So I had no need to heal anyone. I just dodged and moved around trying to survive. Titan and Leviathan are such fun. Tonight I will try to do Ifrit, Moogle King and Odin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom