• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran a bunch more A12S today. Pretty much have everything I wanted (DRG and WAR coats and weps) from there now.

Also ran into one of the most bizarre things I've seen in this game, a Paladin who had the anima weapon but had no materia melds on any of his gear.

Redhood

You can get i210 gear from doing Clan Hunts. That's enough to get you into every dungeon except for Sohm Al Hard and Baelsar's Wall.

This helped. I started on friday morning at 11, played for 6 hours, then yesterday played for 4 hours. I ran daily hunts 3 times (in days taking advantage of reset timer which is 7PM where I live) including soloing the weekly hunt. It was a Level B in Coerthas Western. I bought the weapon, legs, shoes and glove from Centurion Gear.

I also grinded Lores in daily roulettes 3 times, ran ARF 4 times and got L230 Chest and Head. Bought Level 200 ear rings from market place to raise my level further and now I can progress.

I also managed to unlock all the dungeons except the story ones so this shall make the further grind palpable.

Today I will do the Antitower dungeon.

RK9039

I've been away from the game since HW, I had no idea the story continued. I might have to re-sub for real, do you have to be up-to-date in the main story quests for the new expansion? I remember doing like a 100 quests just before HW came out. I don't really mind either way.

I was going to grind some resources in order to get better gear but then I realized how pointless that might be seeing how the expansion will be out soon.

Redhood

I've been away from the game since HW, I had no idea the story continued. I might have to re-sub for real, do you have to be up-to-date in the main story quests for the new expansion? I remember doing like a 100 quests just before HW came out. I don't really mind either way.

I was going to grind some resources in order to get better gear but then I realized how pointless that might be seeing how the expansion will be out soon.

There is a free login campaign going on now for accounts that have been dormant for more than 30 days. As for better gear you will need it as the story quests ramp up item level requirement.

Omni

Started playing Ninja. Really enjoying it for a melee dps. Seems oddly complicated compared to others and I'm not sure how my damage is gonna be due to latency, but fun nonetheless.

Random question. If I'm doing an AE combo and my ninjutsu CD resets, should I "pause" the combo and do a raiton or something? Since there's a bit of a delay. Or wait until I'm done?

Took advantage of the free login campaign. Grabbed the egg mount and finished off the main story.

Now I'm ready for Stormblood. I'll probably resub after I've cleared this back log of games and just grind another class to 60. Or start the anima quest for fun.
or not

ebil

Started playing Ninja. Really enjoying it for a melee dps. Seems oddly complicated compared to others and I'm not sure how my damage is gonna be due to latency, but fun nonetheless.

Random question. If I'm doing an AE combo and my ninjutsu CD resets, should I "pause" the combo and do a raiton or something? Since there's a bit of a delay. Or wait until I'm done?
Unless there's Foe Requiem and as long as there's a slashing debuff on your target, just use Fuma Shuriken.

It's weird, but now that I'm homeless, I can basically sub when I feel like it. My sub is lapsed again and I'll just resub after I'm done with Persona 5.

Making houses go poof when you don't sub was probably the worst customer retention decision Squenix has ever made.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
It's the making houses go poor that keeps people subbed from time to time as well though. Hasn't Yoshida himself told players to take a break if they're bored?

Days without FFXIV. Feels bad, but... Persona...
For shame. Think of all those lost daily roulettes, all the lost time your retainers could have spent on ventures, all the MGP from mini-cactpots you could have raked in.

Shaaaaame!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Stupid, stupid, stupid idea to get a Relic weapon: Day 5:

How the hell have they not nerfed these relic quests? 100,000g vendor items? WTF?

Managed to get WVR and BSM to 50 after spending a few hours gathering mats. Now I can repair all my gear. Also needed a new 50 for the moogle quests after finishing ALC to 60.

Wish there were more moogle quests to do during the day. All I do is just do the moogles and daily turn ins but at least it's steady.

Still debating if I want to take up fishing, I'll wait until my leves refresh since I burned most of them up this week power leveling WVR and BSM.

Because it's 2 year old content, for weapons good for nothing now but glam, and the steps are almost all more grindy than current anima stages.

So why would they nerf it then, when it's content that literally doesn't matter and the only people who would do it are specifically doing it knowing that it doesn't matter?

I just don't think people realize that the grinds are the only thing that keep people playing the game. Less than 1% of the NA/EU population raids, at most 10% of the JP population raids. What the hell are the other 99% or 90% doing?

I'll give you a hint: There aren't that many RPers out there. Almost all the constantly subscribed players are either grinding out crafts or grinding out relics.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll give you a hint: There aren't that many RPers out there. Almost all the constantly subscribed players are either grinding out crafts or grinding out relics.

I highly doubt this.

Most of them seem to be running content like anyone else, just at a much slower pace. Or afking in Limsa, farming for mounts, or doing /songbird.

iammeiam

The confusing part about this discussion is that they absolutely have nerfed the crap out of the ARR relic; I did one from Atma to Zeta a few months back, and every single step takes a fraction of the time it once did. The entire process took less time investment than the umbrite anima step, even. Tomestone costs for everything have been nerfed, any RNG drops have had their likelihood buffed (dungeon atma is now 100%!), light has been buffed to the point that a 20s solo unsynced Ifrit normal kill rewards as much light as (bonus, I think) Garuda from back in the day, etc. Alex maps cost very little and drop 5x what they once did; they've pared books so far back that short of having them auto-complete I'm not sure what else they could do to them.

The gil cost for the vendor items hasn't dropped but post-HW 400k gil for the items isn't really a substantial amount of money anymore. GC seals for bombard cores and the desynth items for the crafted mats are more of a bottleneck, but the step zeroed out for me because I just crafted a few extra items and flipped them to pay for the vendor items/the desynth items I couldn't get myself.

I mean, it's still fundamentally grindy rehash of old content because that's the relic mission statement, but a couple years removed from ARR and with all the nerfs I never had to grind any one thing so much that the novelty of "oh hey nostalgia" wore off.

Do you mean the Unidentified bones etc? I was just about to give up, do you know where I can get them for GC seals?

No I was referring to king cake, adamantite francesca, dispelling arrow, and titanium alloy that you need 4 each of. Those can be bought for 4k GC seals per item.

The unidentifiable items you get through beast quests, tombstones, and grinding Gordias normal.

Cmagus

Time to break till expansion I think. Running anything has become a pain and the huge amount of people jumping in farming parties who have no idea is so bad right now. Made some good progress this expansion and it's the most savage I've ever done so that's something but for now I feel like I need a break to play some other stuff.

rubius01

Oumtv1J.jpg

The confusing part about this discussion is that they absolutely have nerfed the crap out of the ARR relic; I did one from Atma to Zeta a few months back, and every single step takes a fraction of the time it once did. The entire process took less time investment than the umbrite anima step, even. Tomestone costs for everything have been nerfed, any RNG drops have had their likelihood buffed (dungeon atma is now 100%!), light has been buffed to the point that a 20s solo unsynced Ifrit normal kill rewards as much light as (bonus, I think) Garuda from back in the day, etc. Alex maps cost very little and drop 5x what they once did; they've pared books so far back that short of having them auto-complete I'm not sure what else they could do to them.

The gil cost for the vendor items hasn't dropped but post-HW 400k gil for the items isn't really a substantial amount of money anymore. GC seals for bombard cores and the desynth items for the crafted mats are more of a bottleneck, but the step zeroed out for me because I just crafted a few extra items and flipped them to pay for the vendor items/the desynth items I couldn't get myself.

I mean, it's still fundamentally grindy rehash of old content because that's the relic mission statement, but a couple years removed from ARR and with all the nerfs I never had to grind any one thing so much that the novelty of "oh hey nostalgia" wore off.

Maybe they'll nerf all the HW relic steps when SB is released

I just finished A Realm Reborn. That entire ending sequence was amazing. ;_;

The Patch 2.55 long ending after the giant dragon fight?

When I first completed it, I was maining MNK at the time, so all I could do was cry bullshit as my gormless character was jobbed by a small band of nobodies and pretty much being passive for nearly the whole time. It's like watching Iron Fist during one of Danny Rand's sudden off-days when his supposed martial prowess suddenly wanes for no reason against an ordinary opponent.

Valonquar

Still stuck at 6/7 birds. I can't find a successful Zurvan EX clear group to save my life. Never seen a soar skip with single tank, soar kills 3 to 5 people, someone quits, rinse repeat. I've seen meteor phase a handful of times, with half the pt dead. Maybe it will go a tiny bit smoother once echo hits I guess.

Arkeband

Banned
Ran a bunch more A12S today. Pretty much have everything I wanted (DRG and WAR coats and weps) from there now.

Also ran into one of the most bizarre things I've seen in this game, a Paladin who had the anima weapon but had no materia melds on any of his gear.

Yoshi-P's latest answer on set bonuses makes me hope he might go the WoW route and add in materia socketing bonuses as well, to try to make it more attractive and fun.

When I first completed it, I was maining MNK at the time, so all I could do was cry bullshit as my gormless character was jobbed by a small band of nobodies and pretty much being passive for nearly the whole time. It's like watching Iron Fist during one of Danny Rand's sudden off-days when his supposed martial prowess suddenly wanes for no reason against an ordinary opponent.

Yeah I always thought that part was BS. Having at that point all jobs but healers at lvl 50 and you get overpowered by storm troopers. :p I did not feel like the Warrior of Light there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Yeah I always thought that part was BS. Having at that point all jobs but healers at lvl 50 and you get overpowered by storm troopers. :p I did not feel like the Warrior of Light there.

"Welp, I had a grand time punching literal Gods in the face until they exploded. What's Next?"

CxE5wzKXcAAMHmo.jpg

"nopenopenope, screw that, I surrender"

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yup. I ended up playing Persona 5 instead. :(
Should probably stoping fooling yourself (and us I guess) into playing FFXIV so just keep playing Persona 5 until you're​ "done" with it than comeback to FFXIV.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
No! Tomorrow I will definitely play a little bit! !!!!! !! ! ! !!!!

:(

Yea, I actually just straight dropped FF14 until I was done with Persona. :p
See Duckroll this is how you do it!

I would like to drop FFXIV to play some of my recent purchases such as The Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition, The Evil Within Digital Deluxe Edition, Cosmic Start Heroine​, Uncharted Collection, and Dishonored Definitive Edition but I got too much to do in FFXIV to simply drop it right now so I don't think about dropping FFXIV anymore for now.

Picking up and playing FFXIV is both the best and worst gaming decision I have ever made because of the amount of time I spent on FFXIV makes me lose out on other games to play.

I'm nearly finished with the 2.0 story. I'm under the impression that the Astral era quests give experience and gear since Heavensward launched.

Will completing these 100 quests have me ready (gear wise) to jump right into the Heavensward main quest, or do I have any extra preparation that I'll need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom