• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm nearly finished with the 2.0 story. I'm under the impression that the Astral era quests give experience and gear since Heavensward launched.

Will completing these 100 quests have me ready (gear wise) to jump right into the Heavensward main quest, or do I have any extra preparation that I'll need to do?

Those quests will hand out gear to you to keep you at the right item level all the way to Heavensward, so if you just keep doing them you'll be fine.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gonna take a break until Stormblood once my sub runs out on the 22nd. Starting to feel a bit burned out, and I don't really feel like I have all that much meaningful content to do without MSQ to keep me going. Or at least, meaningful content I actually want to do, since I don't have any real interest in Alex Savage or EX Primals (though I do have clears on Ravana and Nidhogg, at least).

I do feel bad because I got a friend to start playing about a month ago and now I'm gonna be away from the game for two months, but I feel like if I keep forcing myself to play until SB I'm going to end up dropping the game for good, and I definitely don't want that to happen.

TheChaos0

1-50 2.0 - Yep that's great! (well, I knew that)

2.x... ;O Bloody Hells! Now we are talking!

About to start Heavensward quests! I'm feeling pumped!

DRK is interesting, oh don't make me change tank job again! :D I'll give it a go, see if I like it better than WAR. Storywise, I almost feel it's fitting!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Looks like Gamerescape is finally back...

And it looks awful.

B.K.

I've been doing PVP to get Garo gear before the collaboration ends. I don't want it all sitting in my inventory taking up space, though. If I buy it and then throw it away, can I rebuy it later from the Salvager NPC?

kagamin

I've been doing PVP to get Garo gear before the collaboration ends. I don't want it all sitting in my inventory taking up space, though. If I buy it and then throw it away, can I rebuy it later from the Salvager NPC?

I think you just need the achievement associated with wearing the gear, then you can pitch it.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I think you just need the achievement associated with wearing the gear, then you can pitch it.
Yup, equip the set, talk to then npc for the achievement, and then toss the gear. You can rebuy it from the calamity salvager after the achievement unlocks.

You need to redo this for every set you want.

Qvoth

can't it go to the armory inside inns?

Haly

The drop rate of Luminous Crystals has been increased.
The number of elementally aspected luminous crystals required to exchange for Astral Nodules and Umbral Nodules has been reduced from three of each to one of each.
The number of Crystal Sand received when exchanging items with Ulan has been increased from one to two.
The number of Allagan tomestones of lore required in exchange for Singing Clusters has been reduced from 150 to 80.
The number of Singing Clusters received upon completing the quest "Seeking Inspiration" has been increased from 10 to 18.
Fuck me I JUST did 40 Sands and 10 clusters.

No echo for Zurvan? Looks like people still wont be skipping soar in the PF :3

Crystal sands neef is also nice as I need to respec my anima. I was a dum dum and didn't put any acc on it.

Joqu

I need some advice here. So I tried playing XIV way back when ARR launched but for various reasons that didn't work out and I stopped playing after a month. I picked Ultros back then because it's the gaf server and proper EU servers weren't a thing back then.

But I've got a friend who wants to play XIV and they'd really like to play with them so I'm resubbing. Both of us are in Europe, so starting over in a proper EU server makes the most sense, yeah? More people will be around plus I assume latency is improved by quite a bit? Or do I stick with Ultros for the gaf people? I'd like to but I don't mind starting over at all so I don't know if that's a good idea. But I'd like to find more people to play with later on...

What do I do? ...I could really use a quick answer because my friend wants to start today ^^'

I need some advice here. So I tried playing XIV way back when ARR launched but for various reasons that didn't work out and I stopped playing after a month. I picked Ultros back then because it's the gaf server and proper EU servers weren't a thing back then.

But I've got a friend who wants to play XIV and they'd really like to play with them so I'm resubbing. Both of us are in Europe, so starting over in a proper EU server makes the most sense, yeah? More people will be around plus I assume latency is improved by quite a bit? Or do I stick with Ultros for the gaf people? I'd like to but I don't mind starting over at all so I don't know if that's a good idea. But I'd like to find more people to play with later on...

What do I do? ...I could really use a quick answer because my friend wants to start today ^^'

Based on what you wrote, playing on an EU server makes the most sense. Otherwise, you're trading better latency/queues and greater population for catching maybe a dozen GAF people on during EU hours and not being included in events like Dun Scaith runs because they're at 3 in the morning. Kind of a lousy deal for your friend.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

If your plan is to start a fresh character with a friend on an EU server, give it a shot. You can always keep the Ultros character around as an alt to play with GAF.

Joqu

Based on what you wrote, playing on an EU server makes the most sense. Otherwise, you're trading better latency/queues and greater population for catching maybe a dozen GAF people on during EU hours and not being included in events like Dun Scaith runs because they're at 3 in the morning. Kind of a lousy deal for your friend.

If your plan is to start a fresh character with a friend on an EU server, give it a shot. You can always keep the Ultros character around as an alt to play with GAF.

I dunno if I'll bother with alts, but that makes sense to me. I especially don't want to screw my friend over in any way.

---> The number of Crystal Sand received when exchanging items with Ulan has been increased from one to two.

Ayeeee maybe I can finish WAR now, lol. I already had the clusters and pneumite though but nice to see they nerfed the clusters as well xD

It's too bad they just now gave us the Gobdip as a reward, I don't like to put up with Wiping City or Void Snooze so I'll just stick with the ghetto Shire weapon. It'll be more than good enough for expansion.

Valonquar

No echo for Zurvan? Looks like people still wont be skipping soar in the PF :3

Q_Q I guess I'll just finish off bird farming at level 70 in iLvL 300+ gear when it gets steamrolled then...or continue slamming my head into the wall a few more days. It feels like my progression on these in PF is: Spend 3 days to 2 weeks rotating through random fail groups, until randomly land in a group that all really does know the fight. Get clear finally, then spend 2 weeks in "Farm" groups where 1 out of every 6 groups can actually farm without wipes. See 5 or 6 birds drop, never roll above a 20. 7th bird drops when I have about 40~60 totems, move on to next trial.

That said, I have yet to see a single group skip soar. I did once have a group skip tower phase in Niddogg though! It was sort of confusing.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Oh sure Square-Enix nerf all the Anima steps that I already finished working on with my Bard except the last two steps I have left...

At least the grind for my 2nd Anima that I already started on with my Astrologian will be easier.

With the nerf now in place how much Umbrite should I be buying for my Astrologian?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
You'll still need between 70 and 80 Umbrite pieces - more likely 80 - , all they did was making sands even easier to get.
Oh right..I read that wrong but at least now I have to buy less Moonstones and Materia IV.

---> The number of Crystal Sand received when exchanging items with Ulan has been increased from one to two.

Ayeeee maybe I can finish WAR now, lol. I already had the clusters and pneumite though but nice to see they nerfed the clusters as well xD

Oh yes. Umbrite was easier to farm after expending my levequest allowance, just straight up 150 Lore.

iammeiam

I really wish I were in the pitch meeting for this
:
Stay tuned for more behind the scenes video content such as the making of the amazing costumes, WWE Superstar reactions and coming soon - a live let's play of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online with The New Day!

I assume they're just going to drop them in Titan EX or something.

It's too bad they just now gave us the Gobdip as a reward, I don't like to put up with Wiping City or Void Snooze so I'll just stick with the ghetto Shire weapon. It'll be more than good enough for expansion.

Still don't understand the timing of things but at least it's there now and I can stop making faces at it.

Hoping SB either eliminates dip as a concept or makes it an uberupgrade mat that can do weapon, armor, and accessories.

Wilsongt

I need to stop doing Dun Wiped on Monday nights and just stay up a little later to clear on Tuesdays.

The group I was with last night had low dps and wiped on Proto. After half the group died to laser.

As soon as we wiped I noped it the fuck out and took the penalty.

Our A11S clear video is up! I was asked in FC chat to post it here, so here you go.

I have also uploaded our A10S clear from last year before our hiatus!

edit: apparently the sound is awful in the recorded video despite being fine for me during gameplay. I'll try to fix that for the next videos...

Luigi87

Just got my Encyclopedia Eorzea.
It's so lovely!

Also I could totally see them doing another incorporating Heavensward, since it has the "2016" embossed on the back of this one.

Edit: That being said, I'm aiming to finally finish 2.X and start Heavensward this weekend, because seriously I need to do that, lol
Damn other games I've been playing <_<

Oh god.

I took a bit of a break from this game cause Switch and BotW kinda took things over, and just found out I missed out on a giant, floating fabrege egg as a mount. I need this. Guess I'm waiting a year to buy it. :/

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Does the game allow you to get two of the same relic quests for different weapons? Can I have light farming active for DRG and AST at the same time and bounce between the two?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Watched the first episode of FFXIV Daddy of Light (lol) before work today. I guess it's cool? Too bad the drama part with real actors has the average level of acting and direction of Japanese dramas - quite poor. Also, some shots where they just filmed the screen and zoomed in. I wonder why they didn't do direct footage for those - maybe they wanted them to feel more... real? Anyway, I guess it's a cool thing, but hardly mindblowing.

I'm really curious if it's going to have any effect on the Japanese server population.

Haly

One thing I dislike about healing in this game, aside from it being, you know, totally 1-dimensional, is that DPS have this really annoying habit of moving way more then necessary, especially out of the range of my AoE heals.

Like, Hollow Ferdiad will do some stacking thing, and then afterwards people will run away to the opposite ends of the arena.

Why? He doesn't autocleave. There's no follow up AoE, or if there is it can be sidestepped easily. These players just don't feel safe unless they're at max range, looking at you random BLM.

EDIT: These two BLMs are fanning out to either side of Diabolos like the lovers of a Shinkai movie. Please for the love of god just stay on top of everyone else.

Qvoth

One thing I dislike about healing in this game, aside from it being, you know, totally 1-dimensional, is that DPS have this really annoying habit of moving way more then necessary, especially out of the range of my AoE heals.

Like, Hollow Ferdiad will do some stacking thing, and then afterwards people will run away to the opposite ends of the arena.

Why? He doesn't autocleave. There's no follow up AoE, or if there is it can be sidestepped easily. These players just don't feel safe unless they're at max range, looking at you random BLM.

EDIT: These two BLMs are fanning out to either side of Diabolos like the lovers of a Shinkai movie. Please for the love of god just stay on top of everyone else.

blms shouldn't be stacking/close to other players though
obviously too far away is a mistake because of what you said, but generally blms are positioned away from everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom