• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

So based on this BLM demonstration....

you can no longer see your firestarter procs and your AF/UI timers in the same place?

looool

Yam's

Those gauges are pretty, but I'd rather they went the WoW road and used less intrusive clues to help dps. I fear that with the way they've designed them, it may be hard to not look at them. The whole point was for people to stop looking at icons and actually look at the boss, so I'm curious to see if it won't attract our eyes too much. I guess we'll see how it feels soon enough.

Soroc

rescue effectively like leap of faith from priest in wow?

Looks like I no longer need to yell at bads to get out of fire and now its my job to actually move them too >,>

:p

edit: I loved the leap of faith ability in wow. this should be fun here too, like the little twist that it can only be used on a player with some enmity so you can't troll ppl trying to teleport lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I will take beautiful Baroque ornamentation over drab utilitarianism, thank you!

mmmmm utilitarianism

dapazRq.png

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Those gauges are pretty, but I'd rather they went the WoW road and used less intrusive clues to help dps. I fear that with the way they've designed them, it may be hard to not look at them. The whole point was for people to stop looking at icons and actually look at the boss, so I'm curious to see if it won't attract our eyes too much. I guess we'll see how it feels soon enough.
They mentioned they're also working on simplified mini mode gauges for people who don't want something so big.

Soroc

They mentioned they're also working on simplified mini mode gauges for people who don't want something so big.

I missed this, ty! Biggest news of the day b/c I'm loving the mechanics but in the minority with the graphic gauges, I don't like them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd like for the option to rotate these additional elements as well.

Yam's

Ok nice.

They surely didn't take as much time for War as they did for BLM... I need to know more. Those Fell Cleave spam looked awesome though. Do we know if they're gonna release a full skill list before SB comes out?

Caim

Black mana and White mana gauges.

Uses aero spells to increase "White mana"
Uses fire spells to increase "Black mana"

Focus on balancing the two aspects to maintain high dps, focusing on one leads to bad dps.

Critical hits provide bonus to the same aligned magicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom