• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Tank is the one role I haven't taken up to 30 or ever done a dungeon with ._.

Bard casting gone. Wow, they actually did it.

iammeiam

CASTING ABOLISHED ON BARD ANGARY WE DID IT

This is the second expansion in a row where they're fucking with my main job.

JUST LEAVE ME ALONE YOSHIDA FFS

(GB worked; it was a good system that balanced mobility with knowing when not to move. Let us keep our cast times and actually feel measurably different from bard! but lolnah.)

aceface

(GB worked; it was a good system that balanced mobility with knowing when not to move. Let us keep our cast times and actually feel measurably different from bard! but lolnah.)

No casts on MCH makes me very sad. I'll try it, but it really hurts my motivation to main it again.

Look at these two replying at the same time. Time to move to RDM!

That's probably where the Overheat system goes in

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
MINUET CASTS OFFICIALLY DEAD

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Bard casting removed.

Tank is the one role I haven't taken up to 30 or ever done a dungeon with ._.

Bard casting gone. Wow, they actually did it.

NO MORE BARD CASTING!

CASTING ABOLISHED ON BARD ANGARY WE DID IT

casting on bard being abolished is literally the only thing i wanted out of 4.0

MCH NO LONGER HAS CASTS AS WELL

LONG LIVE RANGED PHYSICAL DPS
That's all I wanted from this Balance update.

THANK YOU YOSHI-P!!!!

Qvoth

i just realized blm casting fire 4 reduces the crystal thing to the left of the foul stack icon, so i think the max number of fire 4 per rotation is 3 now
blizzard 3 might be the best opener now, blizzard 3 opener is a japanese thing afaik

Tomat

Worst change in the game; bards might potentially have fun now.
lmao
i just realized blm casting fire 4 reduces the crystal thing to the left of the foul stack icon, so i think the max number of fire 4 per rotation is 3 now
blizzard 3 might be the best opener now, blizzard 3 opener is a japanese thing afaik
Thought I heard Yoshi mention something about starting with Blizzard earlier. I missed part of the BLM stuff though.

Qvoth

graphically the new spell foul just isn't as amazing as others, that's just what i feel
wtzgU.gif

Tomat

People down on blm?

Did you guys forget the feeling of back to back 15k+ fire 4 crits?

That is life.
I'm one of those weird people who doesn't get excited by huge crits when they only amount to a tiny sliver on a raid boss' health bar.

BLM as it is isn't bad at all though, it's not like it suddenly don't be fun.

I just want meteors...

Samurai looks hype as fuck. Was expecting cast bars on the iaijutsu attacks but I guess since they abolished them on Bard and Machinist they wouldn't add them to Samurai.

iammeiam

I'm glad we're spending multiple minutes explaining, in-depth, the concept of skills auto-upgrading.

There aren't

multiple other jobs they could be explaining in this time.

YoshiP:"In 4.0 we made it so Melees has to cast now, and ranged DPS no, in 5.0 BRD will have to cast again so melee don't suck again, and so the circle of life will continue forever"

Soroc

so for auto replacement of spells.

WHM example.

Will status debuff heavy now be on all versions of stone? I used to throw out a stone 1 to heavy a monster to slow it getting to a boss or to me while soloing. I guess if auto upgrade of abilities I'll no longer be able to do this as a higher level player?

Qvoth

ok from watching the blm showcase again, blm can still use fire 4 even without the umbral hearts, but probably will be at less damage
i'm convinced now blizzard 3 opener will be default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom