• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

all players standing behind Paladin with wings will take 15% less damage .

Paladin blocking rate during the animation will be 100%.

iammeiam

New PLD skill seems in keeping with how they handle PLD in general. Sounds nice, super situational , I don't think they fixed PLD.

no time, had to completely reboot MCH

Caim

A6nWeUf.gif

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Tanksatility

I don't understand that comment.

3.4 tier was pretty meh on incoming raid damage with exception of phase 6 of A12S which this WOULD actually help against if you didn't want your MT in front of the boss at that time.

New PLD skill seems in keeping with how they handle PLD in general. Sounds nice, super situational , I don't think they fixed PLD.

no time, had to completely reboot MCH

How many superattacks in phase changes are in current content, even? For me sounds like every savage run will have a PLD there.

Yam's

They're really following into WoW's footsteps, which is a good thing. Accuracy has never been a fun stat to take care of.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
"We got rid of Bards' cast times because of casual players"
I would like to think that the fact that Machinist got their cast time removed too seemingly proves my theory/hunch for Wanderer's Minuet. Machinist with a cast time wasn't the issue because it felt like the Job was built around taking into account the casting time.

The issue is that adding cast time for Bards has always felt bad/incomplete so my theory was that the only reason Bards got slapped with Wanderer's Minuet is because they didn't think that it was fair for Bards to be able to move and shoot at the same time while Machinist aren't able to do so.

royox

Tanksatility

3.4 tier was pretty meh on incoming raid damage with exception of phase 6 of A12S which this WOULD actually help against if you didn't want your MT in front of the boss at that time.

I see it more usefull for the Offtank and phase swaps with huge raid damage incoming.

iammeiam

How many superattacks in phase changes are in current content, even? For me sounds like every savage run will have a PLD there.

If they didn't fix the actual problems with the PLD job, a 150s CD 15% damage reduction isn't going to do anything. WAR has Path, DRK has Delirium, PLD has a long cooldown

PLD already had Divine Veil. no1curr

studyguy

PLD skills still seem like it's skewing heavily to MT. "Utility" meaning if you actually need damage reduction vs straight DPS, but idk we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom