• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordKasual

Banned
Reddit has a giant thread compiling them from a bunch of people.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comm...ooltips_translations/?st=j30owwce&sh=62b8e05b

uhh

>> True North - Removes positional requirements // 15s duration // 150s cooldown

omfg

>> Mana Shift - Transfer up to 20% of your max MP to target party member // 150s cooldown

Interesting gimmicks here for BLM's Flare and the new PLD's high-MP moves

Foul
Unaspected AoE damage around target with potency of 650 for the first enemy, 10% less for the second, 20% less for the third, etc up until 50% for all remaining enemies
Requires Polyglot status in order to use
Upon using, removes Polyglot status
AOE 650 POTENCY

holy fucking shit there is no way this is modified by Astral Fire

Squishy3

Thing I'm most excited about is the new role system, honestly. Didn't expect it to be this in-depth and actually promote different builds for different fights/based on what your class does. For example, RDM might not necessarily need Diversion because they don't generate flash aggro in the same way BLM does with Thundercloud/Firestarter procs.

ebil

Their position on White Mage is so stupid. Calling it a "pure healer"... In a game that is about job synergy and raid dps.

Instead of giving them something that can contribute to a party - akin to AST's card buffs, for example - they give them "pull". Literally zero practical raid utility whatsoever. Putting aside latency issues, I'm sure as hell am not going to be watching the dps to see if they're standing in an AoE and wasting a GCD pulling them over. Especially since they've nuked cleric stance and healers will be expected to dps every GCD that isn't specifically dedicated to healing.

I realise it's still early and we haven't seen every ability, but I feel that after today we have a decent idea about what they want to do with the job. And no one worth their two cents will be raiding with a WHM over an AST if there aren't drastic changes to healing potencies, resource management, and party utility.
Your assessment comes off as slightly premature. It's difficult to say how useful or useless a job will be (especially healers) before we get to see how the combat changes interact with encounter design and boss damage output. Midas WHM vs AST was well-balanced (with WHM being overwhelmingly favored) despite WHM not having better utility back then. Then The Balance happened in a tier with little incoming damage.

The various changes they announced is an opportunity for them to re-evaluate how they design encounters, and at the end of the day it's half of what makes a party comp good or bad.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't wait to harvest the souls of my allies to increase my power level. Give me your energy to spirit bomb Garlean Empire.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ MONKS TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

LordKasual

Banned
Its unaspected so probably not

Oh, you're right. Flare is actually Fire damage on this game and not non-elemental / Unaspected.

Still...Flare's true potency at AF3 is around 468, increased to around 503 Potency with Raging Strikes and Enochian. Fire IV is 574 under same cirucmstances

650 is an insanely powerful nuke, even with the target proration on it.

I wonder if it has an MP cost....the parser jumps on AoE pulls are going to just look silly

Omni

Your assessment comes off as slightly premature. It's difficult to say how useful or useless a job will be (especially healers) before we get to see how the combat changes interact with encounter design and boss damage output. Midas WHM vs AST was well-balanced (with WHM being overwhelmingly favored) despite WHM not having better utility back then. Then The Balance happened in a tier with little incoming damage.

The various changes they announced is an opportunity for them to re-evaluate how they design encounters, and at the end of the day it's half of what makes a party comp good or bad.

Yeah, admittedly I was a bit uhhh... overzealous with my post.

AST is cool and I've really enjoyed it since making the swap over for Creator, it's just hearing them refer to WHM as a "pure healer" was a bit disheartening. I'd love to main it again so I hope it gets some love.

Oh, you're right. Flare is actually Fire damage on this game and not non-elemental / Unaspected.

Still...Flare's true potency at AF3 is around 468, increased to around 503 Potency with Raging Strikes and Enochian. Fire IV is 574 under same cirucmstances

650 is an insanely powerful nuke, even with the target proration on it.
Even with more targets, Foul will still do more damage than Flare up to the third target and the fourth will take about the same damage as a 100% Flare lol

ebil

Yeah, admittedly I was a bit uhhh... overzealous with my post.

AST is cool and I've really enjoyed it since making the swap over for Creator, it's just hearing them refer to WHM as a "pure healer" was a bit disheartening. I'd love to main it again so I hope it gets some love.
Honestly I hope they do take that opportunity to make bosses more fun to heal just for you guys' sake. I still don't intend to main a healer again in Stormblood especially after hearing that they're not changing all that much, but actual healing should get some love in this game. :(

LordKasual

Banned
Even with more targets, Foul will still do more damage than Flare up to the third target and the fourth will take about the same damage as a 100% Flare lol

based yoshiP

this update is literally doing everything i wanted it to. So much so that i'm legitimately wondering what the drawback is

Targetless enochian refresh = check

AoE moves that don't involve Flare = check

Extremely satisfying one-shot spell similar to Deathflare / Forbidden Chakra = Super fuckin check

Edit:

What the fuck...It only costs 240 MP in that demonstration video and he used it as an opener. It's Unaspected so it doesn't require AF to do full damage.....what if it doesn't reset the Enochian Charge timer?

Gain 1 stack of Polyglot, wait until Enochian refresh hits 3 seconds

Foul > Gain stack > Foul > Swiftcast > Flare = your parser explodes, everything dies (Or, just go straight into Fire IV spam)

Edit again:

It does not reset the Polyglot timer. So this burst combo is entirely possible

Does anyone have a code for a returning player I can use? I would love to get some of those sweet sweet feathers, and help someone out with getting them some of their own as well!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Does anyone have a code for a returning player I can use? I would love to get some of those sweet sweet feathers, and help someone out with getting them some of their own as well!
You mean the invite a friend back/free week for lapsed player campaign? There's no codes for it, it's done in game via the friends/fc list and the invite takes 3 days to be sent.

If you're in the GAF Ultros fc I could send you one.

You mean the invite a friend back/free week for lapsed player campaign? There's no codes for it, it's done in game via the friends/fc list and the invite takes 3 days to be sent.

If you're in the GAF Ultros fc I could send you one.

ah dang, yeah im currently on gilgamesh, so I suppose that wont work.

Foxxsoxx

So I've hit level 60 and I've got no idea what to do now.

Once I finish the post 3.0 quests what should I do to progress?

Halp. I'm scared D:

Squishy3

Thank goodness anima will be useless once you hit 70. Won't regret all that skill speed on my bow.
Patch 4.1

Relic weapon has been introduced, players using the anima to skip the first step will have the same stats on the new weapon as their completed anima and it will increase those stats as you power it up. If you are unhappy with the stats, we recommend reassigning them using crystal sands before skipping the first step with your anima.

/s

Halp. I'm scared D:
Honestly, fastest way to start getting past the item wall is just start queuing for frontlines and getting PVP gear to get you past item level walls, allowing you to earn more currency for what would be considered proper endgame gear. Fastest way to get a up to speed weapon, since getting a Padjali/Kinna from Palace of the Dead is still tied to RNG even though they made it easier. Or you can take Killthee's generous offer.

Killthee

Halp. I'm scared D:
Finish the 3.x main story quest. You'll most likely need to gear up a bit to progress through though.

https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Guide:Heavensward_Progression_and_Level_Locked_Content

If you're in the GAF Ultros fc, I can craft some gear for you to help cut out some of the grind of gearing up. Just post your name, class, and give me a day.

Aside from the main story there's 2 raid side stories, 3 optional primals, and a few optional dungeons. There's also a pvp event going on that grants some unique looking glamour pieces. Might want to give that a try before the stuff is removed from the game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_oRcinjPxDY
http://mmoexaminer.com/final-fantasy-xiv-garo-collab-guide/

No more stance dancing is the only thing I dont like right now. I thought it made me feel like a more skillful healer knowing when to go in dps stance or not.
But the skill needed to know when to go in DPS stance or not doesn't really have anything to do with the stance itself. You only turn CS on when you can DPS, and you turn it off when you don't and the only skill required for this is fight knowledge. Without CS, that hasn't changed, you'll DPS when the fight allows you to and heal when you need to, all it removes is a button that can get wonky with lag. DPSing at the wrong time will still get people killed regardless of you having your shitty 5 second punishment for turning CS on at the wrong time or not.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I wish they talked even a little bit about content though because skills are useless without content to use them on.

Foxxsoxx

Thanks dudes, I'll probably try some PVP pretty soon.

Unfortunately I'm not on Ultros as I made my guy way before I knew GAF had a FC. Thank you though, very generous.

Just checked the server transfer prices, yikes.

iammeiam

Only time in live letters for the REALLY important things.

Like watching people ride mounts through Thanalan.

Wasn't the embargo from the hands-on preview stuff in NA supposed to be up today? I still want an idea of how the ranged jobs flow.

Overheat makes me worry about WoW hunter problems and dropping GCDs intentionally for focus regen.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
He said it's not changing much, we get that fairy tether that looks like a steady heal on its target. I wouldn't expect anything mindblowing, it's already in a good spot.
Yeah but I want it to go from jack of all trades healer to master of all trades *not serious *

But yeah sch is pretty much a full package. Their hw moves already pretty much filled in all their weaknesses

Squishy3

Only time in live letters for the REALLY important things.

Like watching people ride mounts through Thanalan.

Wasn't the embargo from the hands-on preview stuff in NA supposed to be up today? I still want an idea of how the ranged jobs flow.

Overheat makes me worry about WoW hunter problems and dropping GCDs intentionally for focus regen.
I think that'll probably be up after the Duty Commenced on Firday, they said they'll be talking about the media tour there.

scy

PLD gaining spam-cast DPS is ... I'm not sure that's really the most fun take on things? But at least the potency is a nice sign to see. Also, I totally feel like Requiescat makes more sense if it's 80% or higher on the Oath meter and not MP?

Phlebotomize is probably still around, just not used since it doesn't really do anything for the new actions, unless they removed it since you can seemingly use the 4th combo hits back to back now. Maybe upped Chaos Thrust potency to account for the removal of phlebotomize?

The whole such-and-such skills are missing is based off missing hotkeys on bars, not things they didn't show case animation wise. It's a weirdly consistent thing of a lot of the physical standalone DoTs missing.

6f019c444f.png

pld fell cleave with additional dps bonus wut

See told ya, is 2.x all over again.

Ketsen

God dammit. I resisted doing the benchmark this time so I didn't get drawn back in, why am I watching stuff now.

Good thing I missed so much and wouldn't want to just skip it all or I'd be even more tempted, but it's times like this that I always regret leaving mmorpgs.

The solution is to just play again and have Tiv carry you to the current stuff while she goes through it too, problem solved!

Aeana

God dammit. I resisted doing the benchmark this time so I didn't get drawn back in, why am I watching stuff now.

Good thing I missed so much and wouldn't want to just skip it all or I'd be even more tempted, but it's times like this that I always regret leaving mmorpgs.

Well, good news is that you're going to reactivate and play with me.

Kenai

I wish I knew more about what those new AST abilities did, but the spell animations are always SO GUD. I can't wait to level it, just hope they can find a balance so each healer combo (that isn't stacking) is legit. I'm not super worried about that though. I am a bit about DPSing every spare GCD while raid healing cause that could get old real fast, but we will see.

But they played it, because WAR sucked balls.

WAR isn't gonna suck just because PLD doesn't anymore tho.

LordKasual

Banned
PLD gaining spam-cast DPS is ... I'm not sure that's really the most fun take on things? But at least the potency is a nice sign to see. Also, I totally feel like Requiescat makes more sense if it's 80% or higher on the Oath meter and not MP?

PLD needs some DPS love.

Fast > Savage > HALONE until 50 (No AOE whatsoever, if your DPS sucks just deal with that shit)

Fast > Riot > DoT (but mostly HALONE) through heavensward until 60

Then it's just Fast > Savage > Royal Authority

There is really nothing else to do on the class unless you're fighting a raid boss and need to actually cycle your cooldowns. Otherwise you're playing dungeons and your only option is to decide to wake yourself up by doing ridiculously huge pulls that require you to sequentially stun the mobs. But even that stops being fun once you get geared

I'm glad they notice that the class is boring as balls because they're slotting the AoE skill before 2.0 content and giving 60-70 the WHM treatment.

NeoCross

Thing I'm most excited about is the new role system, honestly. Didn't expect it to be this in-depth and actually promote different builds for different fights/based on what your class does. For example, RDM might not necessarily need Diversion because they don't generate flash aggro in the same way BLM does with Thundercloud/Firestarter procs.

Yeah this was interesting to me as well and just solidified my reason to go RDM. Using low level spells first as a requirement means no need to watch aggro. I'm really liking the flow of RDM and balancing white and black mana.

Please be June 20 already.

BlackJace

Did two more raids for the first time today.
World of Darkness was litty
AU7Amsc.gif

Queue times were greater than I'm used to as a healer, but it wasn't too bad.
Probably gonna give up on doing Coil tbh

studyguy

I mean immediately after 2.0 WAR were in a terrible spot so idk, apples and oranges.
So long as PLD isn't absolutely dreadful any longer I'll be good.

Alex

Some good changes, although I wish there was more in-depth information for jobs on the whole considering we're one month out.

Killthee

Did two more raids for the first time today.
World of Darkness was litty
AU7Amsc.gif

Queue times were greater than I'm used to as a healer, but it wasn't too bad.
Probably gonna give up on doing Coil tbh
Use party finder for coil. Run it unsynced and mention that you're running it unsynced with bonus in your pf and you'll clear it in a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom