• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtan

I have a question. I ordered the FFXIV stormblood (disc that has all the other expansions too).

Would I be able to play the free trial and then transfer over my character ?(I assume I have to reinstall the game but I'm fine with that)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I have a question. I ordered the FFXIV stormblood (disc that has all the other expansions too).

Would I be able to play the free trial and then transfer over my character ?(I assume I have to reinstall the game but I'm fine with that)
Yeah as long as the trial matches the version you bought you should be fine. So steam trial with steam full game, pc trial with the pc full game, and PSN trial with the PS4 version.

Shouldn't have to reinstall the game when SB launches, should be able to just register your code. The client will update with expansion data next time you run the launcher.

jtan

Yeah as long as the trial matches the version you bought you should be fine. So steam trial with steam full game, pc trial with the pc full game, and PSN trial with the PS4 version.

Shouldn't have to reinstall the game when SB launches, should be able to just register your code. The client will update with expansion data next time you run the launcher.

Thank you!

Not sure if this is a weird question, but how much disk space does the entire package take? It says the base game is 20 GB, Heavensward 30, Stormblood 60, so 110 GB of free space? Or is it more because the client also downloads tons of patches in between releases? PC-version.

Qvoth

huh lvl 63 green equipment is already ilvl 270 but with much much more weapon damage?
intredasting.....

Frumix

Suffering From Success
re: iammeiam about WHM+AST

I was seriously thinking that if it wasn't for WHM being so antifun and having negative utility, and for that sweet single target litany, Noct AST+WHM comp would really be more favorable because Noct AST is even STRONGER than an already ridiculously potent and flexible Diurnal AST. AST is not just as strong as WHM, it's possibly stronger than SCH and Noct AST would 100% be the go-to solo healer if everything about it is kept the same on release.

iammeiam

^- Yeah, AST right now is legitimately TOO good; they have to know they've created an AST + <whatever> situation.

huh lvl 63 green equipment is already ilvl 270 but with much much more weapon damage?
intredasting.....

No; BRD and MCH usually have lower weapon damage than everyone else. 84 on a 270 weapon is normal for every physical DPS but BRD and MCH. Originally this was because support should be weaker.

Screenshot looks like they are giving ranged jobs 'normal' weapon damage; nobody else should change.

Killthee

Not sure if this is a weird question, but how much disk space does the entire package take? It says the base game is 20 GB, Heavensward 30, Stormblood 60, so 110 GB of free space? Or is it more because the client also downloads tons of patches in between releases? PC-version.
You're reading it wrong, the number is the suggested amount of space you'll need free for the lifetime of that version. The number keeps getting higher with each subsequent version cause it includes all the previous versions of the game and is giving itself a hefty amount of free space for future patches.

Current Heavensward pc size, including the base game, is 24.2GB. Game will probably balloon up to the 30s or 40s with SB at launch and might reach the 50s by the time the next expansion comes out but will not go past 60GB before then.

Current Heavensward pc size, including the base game, is 24.2GB. Game will probably balloon up to the 30s or 40s with SB at launch and might reach the 50s by the time the next expansion comes out but will not go past 60GB before then.

Thank you, that's good to know. Don't need to invest in more space then, haha.

I was seriously thinking that if it wasn't for WHM being so antifun

I agree. WHM is incredibly boring to play and leveling it up was something else. Dont judge but... I love titles so I had to do it. Ughhh, it was painful though. And literally nothing in SB about whm makes me want to play it either... zzzz

You pretty much have to decide whether you want to see the new content as soon as possible (completely skipping HW MSQ which is actually a big step up from ARR) and no life grind Red Mage later or if you care about seeing the story and what leads up to Stormblood, go through it with Red Mage.

I guess an easier way to boil it down is

1. If you give a shit about the story, go through HW and SB as Red Mage.

2. If you value seeing new stuff day 1 release, go through as Monk, grind grind grind Red Mage later.

I think I will do HW+SB as Red Mage, but finish ARR as MNK now. It's tedious af but I have put in a lot of time in the past week and a half, may as well go the distance.

And MNK's not at all a bad class, I quite like it in fact, but I am not sure if it's THE class I want to stick with. Same goes for RDM for that matter, as being a relatively new player (returning player, though I hadn't played since ~3 months after ARR launch) I'm having a hard time parsing all the info that's coming out. I have a general sense of how it works, and a lingering desire to have played a RDM that carried forward from my FFXI days -- though I know right away that RDM is a much different beast in FFXIV. I think I'd rather no-life grind the MNK to cap later on than RDM, as based on my whole perception across the FInal Fantasy franchise, I do favor RDM more in terms of pure appreciation... So while I may be having a hard time completely grasping its mechanics ahead of launch, I think my "fanboy" nature toward RDM might supersede any learning difficulties.

Alas, this does call for a Phantasia -- current look of my character was intended to accommodate melee/tank classes. I think it's time to pare it down to a slim, agile look to accommodate a future of MNK, RDM, and maybe SCH or AST (I do think I'll play a healer at some point in the future!).

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
My girlfriend is having a problem with 14 where clicking the mouse is sometimes causing the game to minimize. She's playing in fullscreen mode, since windowed fullscreen doesn't run as smooth. OS is Windows 10, I don't think there are any apps open in the background which would cause pop ups, since it's a fresh install, up to date.

Anyone encountered a similar problem and knows a way to fix it?

so. time for hype:

Ranged weapons with grown-up WD in SB:

For those of you not in the ranged baby WD playpen, our i275 Creator weapons have 77 WD. Upgraded shire weapons for non-ranged physical classes, at 270, have 84 WD.

That there is an SB dungeon drop gun with 84 WD.

That's like an obscene amount of main stat, and will singlehandedly counteract a chunk of the loss from caster stance being gone. It also means no more "WD for everyone but ranged!" 5 ilvl upgrades.

Jesus.
Holy shit about time

RPGCrazied

I have a problem you guys. Haven't logged in for a couple weeks. When loading up the launcher it goes to the create a SE account and free trial page. What gives?

So I am having a problem. When downloading the patches for the game it gets to about 1050MB and stops and says can't download files or something. Has happened like 10 times in a row. I remember this happening way back when I played the game the first time also. I have searched for solutions and see its kind of common, and Square just won't do shit about it. Nothing I have found seems to work for me. Any advise? I want to play the game again but if I can't get it fixed today then eff it, its back to WoW for me.

For anyone playing with a controller and want more hotbars this could give you an idea if you didn't already know.

This gives you 32 slots for your skills in front of you, you just double tap R2 or L2 to get to the ones next to the middle. I have it also set so that when I draw my weapon the middle crossbar switches to another one with my combat skill in it plus that I have another 16 slots I can easily get to by holding R2 and L2 for right side or L2 and R2 for left side.

Tuwc.jpg

I hope that helps. :)

dramatis

I decided to check out some samurai videos to see what it's like. I came away convinced that the worst part of this expansion is going to be listening to people mispronounce all of the ability names.
rai-yoo

I have a problem you guys. Haven't logged in for a couple weeks. When loading up the launcher it goes to the create a SE account and free trial page. What gives?
Are there no buttons to click to get to a screen where you can enter SE account details?

RPGCrazied

Are there no buttons to click to get to a screen where you can enter SE account details?

Figured out why. Somehow Heavensward got removed from my computer. Had to install from disc again, thankfully there was no updates. But logging into the game everything got reset. Have to mess with the hotbars all over again, fun times.

Wait a sec, I was rewatching the MTQ AST video and now the Balance tooltip no longer mentions it increases party damage by 10%

Is... is Expanded Balance a 20% buff now

Apoptomon

With SB twelve or so days away, would aetherpool weapon be worth it at this point? I'm guessing kinna would be of more use, but right now i have enough for aetherpool and my DRG is only half a level from 60.

RPGCrazied

So I am having a problem. When downloading the patches for the game it gets to about 1050MB and stops and says can't download files or something. Has happened like 10 times in a row. I remember this happening way back when I played the game the first time also. I have searched for solutions and see its kind of common, and Square just won't do shit about it. Nothing I have found seems to work for me. Any advise? I want to play the game again but if I can't get it fixed today then eff it, its back to WoW for me.

I had a problem with this when I got a new computer and had to download the entire game again. The way I fixed was let it download overnight. The time of day was effecting it. It would stop like yours did. But leaving the computer go overnight finished it. Weird huh?

With SB twelve or so days away, would aetherpool weapon be worth it at this point? I'm guessing kinna would be of more use, but right now i have enough for aetherpool and my DRG is only half a level from 60.
Well, you'll still need to get the Aetherpool weapon if you want a Kinna one so either way might as well

I had a problem with this when I got a new computer and had to download the entire game again. The way I fixed was let it download overnight. The time of day was effecting it. It would stop like yours did. But leaving the computer go overnight finished it. Weird huh?

Interesting lol. Thanks for the reply, I will try at different times today and see if that affects it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Wait a sec, I was rewatching the MTQ AST video and now the Balance tooltip no longer mentions it increases party damage by 10%

Is... is Expanded Balance a 20% buff now

No. Royal Road tooltip already says that expanded buff halves the potency of the effect so explaining it again on the cards themselves was redundant.
Maybe it's a bug, because the effect is still there.

I think tomorrow is the day I move to Ultros to join GAF. Sold off my house today for a really nice price.

Anyone have any recommendations for transferring 15m gil without retainers or on self? Any high ticket items that sell somewhat regularly over there? Would rather not try to buy stacks and stacks of alagan coins.

Minions maybe? The rarer ones at least.

I haven't kept up with the economy on Ultros but you could always try buying a lot of Allagan silver/gold pieces or various demimateria since those can be sold to vendors for a decent price. A lot of times I see people sell those on the market board for the same price, if not less, than what you would get it for at vendors. Not the most efficient way but there's less risk involved since they retain their value due to vendors.

You can also try changing your DNS server. I've had that problem a few times. Changing it to Google's fixed it once. Had to use Verizon's the next time

I've done that a few times and it still stops at the same place unfortunately. Ah well will try a few more things and see what happens.

I couldn't find the old DRK thread but I found a new one that has more detail.

I'll post the conclusion here but there's a lot more in the link.

Conclusion said:
DRK lost a fair bit of complexity, the new gauge is not a management aspect apart from using the new Delirium once every 2 minutes, which means that when you have have 45 seconds left on the CD you should not use a Bloodspiller unless you risk capping out at 100. The mana management aspect was also almost entirely removed as there is now no real downside to bottoming out on mana other than not being able to efficiently pick up adds whereas in the old world it would have lost the player 15% damage and locked them out of several abilities. While this was done in order to raise the skill floor so that newer players would have had an easier time to play, it also completely removed the DRKs mana management aspect as the drawbacks of mismanaging became entirely marginalized. The new Gauge also is entirely devoid of interesting decisions as the the three spenders have three very strict times when they are of use. The Blackest Night is an undesirable skill for two reasons, the first is that it already increases the already spammy environment of the DRK, which was one of the main complaints I heard in my circles, the second is related to Bloodspiller being bad which i sincerely hope is fixed by the release of SB.

I think I will do HW+SB as Red Mage, but finish ARR as MNK now. It's tedious af but I have put in a lot of time in the past week and a half, may as well go the distance.

And MNK's not at all a bad class, I quite like it in fact, but I am not sure if it's THE class I want to stick with. Same goes for RDM for that matter, as being a relatively new player (returning player, though I hadn't played since ~3 months after ARR launch) I'm having a hard time parsing all the info that's coming out. I have a general sense of how it works, and a lingering desire to have played a RDM that carried forward from my FFXI days -- though I know right away that RDM is a much different beast in FFXIV. I think I'd rather no-life grind the MNK to cap later on than RDM, as based on my whole perception across the FInal Fantasy franchise, I do favor RDM more in terms of pure appreciation... So while I may be having a hard time completely grasping its mechanics ahead of launch, I think my "fanboy" nature toward RDM might supersede any learning difficulties.

Alas, this does call for a Phantasia -- current look of my character was intended to accommodate melee/tank classes. I think it's time to pare it down to a slim, agile look to accommodate a future of MNK, RDM, and maybe SCH or AST (I do think I'll play a healer at some point in the future!).

I don't have number estimates on me right now but I think you may be able to potentially complete HW before the 20th since HW trims a lot of the fat that ARR had. If you can do that starting SB stuff 3-4 days behind isn't so bad I think.

Based on what you've said going RDM is probably going to be better for you overall. It helps that Red Mage looks awesome. DPS job that can support the party in a pinch is a good sell. I'm actually planning on leveling it once I get a tank to 70.

Also grab the Plague Bringer's Coat from St. Mocianne's Arboretum or Pharos Sirius (Hard) for maximum style points.

Also will need to reserve a button for the collar pop so I can use it after every crit.

RPGCrazied

Ok, since I haven't played in a long time, I'm kinda rusty, and since I have to move all my abilities to my hotbar, can anyone tell me what controller layout for a Dragoon, Ninja and Bard?

Or maybe somewhere I can look to see what abilities I should be using? My highest level is my Dragoon who is 60, my Ninja is only 51, the Bard is still in the 40's. I have a Monk too, but not focused on him right now.

For anyone playing with a controller and want more hotbars this could give you an idea if you didn't already know.

This gives you 32 slots for your skills in front of you, you just double tap R2 or L2 to get to the ones next to the middle. I have it also set so that when I draw my weapon the middle crossbar switches to another one with my combat skill in it plus that I have another 16 slots I can easily get to by holding R2 and L2 for right side or L2 and R2 for left side.

I hope that helps. :)

You're a saint.

scy

I couldn't find the old DRK thread but I found a new one that has more detail.

I'll post the conclusion here but there's a lot more in the link.

I had a typed up response to your previous post but I apparently never actually hit post because message boards are hard. But, yeah, as far as the potency discussion is concerned, they hit the nail on the head. The GCD spent on Bloodspiller is a gain vs the average combo but it's minor. But it's still a GCD spent on not-combo so there's an opportunity cost evaluation to run and you eventually do run a deficit as it effectively replaces a Souleater combo every 3 uses. The comparison to Scourge is apt since they effectively map to each other fairly well for calculation purposes, both for damage and the combo loss, and it doesn't fare favorably at the current value. The Delirium (buff, not the old WS) point ties into this a fair amount as well as it helps generate more natural Bloodspiller delays. Combined with the net loss that is Scourge, Reprisal, and Low Blow resets, this situation runs fairly negative.

The whole "Numbers are subject to change" can get invoked a lot here for how the three tanks pan out currently; PLD keeping Goring Blade, along with FoF being pretty silly, has their avg. potency fairly high compared to WAR and DRK (albeit, slightly lower 'real' damage due to formula differences, albeit subject to change as well). It's a thing to consider when seeing final skills and potencies at least. I will note that current PLD may run into some "if lagging at all" caveats with respect to Requiescat->5x Holy Spirit spam, which makes me chuckle a little at PLD/DRK situations repeating things they seemingly wanted to get rid of.

Edit: As for the gameplay loop, that's pretty subject to personal taste. I get the loss of the management aspect, it was mostly "Delirium+Souleater vs just Souleater!" that I find strange coming from a WAR perspective as it's not a real choice you considered? But yeah, it does make their gameplay flow basically 2.X Paladin, barring actual threat combo needs (which puts DRK even further behind), with the occasional non-combo GCD ... but more oGCDs, I guess? I don't see this loop changing much into Early Access but the potency situation is potentially (...) volatile; a fairly useless "we'll see!" in the end lol.

FLAMES LITERALLY GAVE ADDERS 2 BIG ICES WHILE THEY WERE TAKING OUR BASE

FUCKING ULTROS FLAMES HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE

On Exodus, it's usually Maelstrom flailing uselessly at Flames while Adders kills both of them and wins with a huge lead.

I remember one match where we (mael) actually came back and won for once and everyone started freaking out. It was funny.

I had a typed up response to your previous post but I apparently never actually hit post because message boards are hard. But, yeah, as far as the potency discussion is concerned, they hit the nail on the head. The GCD spent on Bloodspiller is a gain vs the average combo but it's minor. But it's still a GCD spent on not-combo so there's an opportunity cost evaluation to run and you eventually do run a deficit as it effectively replaces a Souleater combo every 3 uses. The comparison to Scourge is apt since they effectively map to each other fairly well for calculation purposes, both for damage and the combo loss, and it doesn't fare favorably at the current value. The Delirium (buff, not the old WS) point ties into this a fair amount as well as it helps generate more natural Bloodspiller delays. Combined with the net loss that is Scourge, Reprisal, and Low Blow resets, this situation runs fairly negative.

The whole "Numbers are subject to change" can get invoked a lot here for how the three tanks pan out currently; PLD keeping Goring Blade, along with FoF being pretty silly, has their avg. potency fairly high compared to WAR and DRK (albeit, slightly lower 'real' damage due to formula differences, albeit subject to change as well). It's a thing to consider when seeing final skills and potencies at least. I will note that current PLD may run into some "if lagging at all" caveats with respect to Requiescat->5x Holy Spirit spam, which makes me chuckle a little at PLD/DRK situations repeating things they seemingly wanted to get rid of.

Edit: As for the gameplay loop, that's pretty subject to personal taste. I get the loss of the management aspect, it was mostly "Delirium+Souleater vs just Souleater!" that I find strange coming from a WAR perspective as it's not a real choice you considered? But yeah, it does make their gameplay flow basically 2.X Paladin, barring actual threat combo needs (which puts DRK even further behind), with the occasional non-combo GCD ... but more oGCDs, I guess? I don't see this loop changing much into Early Access but the potency situation is potentially (...) volatile; a fairly useless "we'll see!" in the end lol.

Can you elaborate on the Paladin Requiescat "if lagging at all" part? I haven't looked into any theorycrafting threads concerning Paladin, just Dark Knight so far.

Squishy3

On Exodus, it's usually Maelstrom flailing uselessly at Flames while Adders kills both of them and wins with a huge lead.

I remember one match where we (mael) actually came back and won for once and everyone started freaking out. It was funny.
Shatter boils down to actually hope the people in second/third aren't blithering idiots and don't focus you when one GC is in 1st place and has 1200 points. (Unless of course you are said GC)

scy

Can you elaborate on the Paladin Requiescat "if lagging at all" part? I haven't looked into any theorycrafting threads concerning Paladin, just Dark Knight so far.

Requiescat is an oGCD that triggers a 12 second buff; Holy Spirit is a 2.0s cast time ability on the 2.5s GCD and tied to Spell Speed. Your 5 casts of Holy Spirit take exactly 12 seconds of time to cast (2.5s x4, + 2.0 x1) so you rely on zero delay from Requiescat -> first cast and still may need to rely on the buff getting snapshotted to the final cast.

Basically, your 12 second interval looks like:

t = 0.0, Requiescat buff starts. Cast Holy Spirit #1.
t = 2.0, Holy Spirit #1 lands.
t = 2.5, Cast Holy Spirit #2.
t = 4.5, Holy Spirit #2 lands.
t = 5.0, Cast Holy Spirit #3.
t = 7.0, Holy Spirit #3 lands.
t = 7.5, Cast Holy Spirit #4.
t = 9.5, Holy Spirit #4 lands.
t = 10.0, Cast Holy Spirit #5.
t = 12.0, Holy Spirit #5 lands, Requiescat wears off.
t = 12.5, GCD is back up to go into Goring (+FoF)->RA->RA before looping back to start of rotation.

If you're familiar with Berserk, there's some animation delay to it, along with general latency, that lends itself to why the 9 hit Berserk requires a non-base value of Skill Speed. 20 seconds is exactly 9 GCDs worth of time, assuming the first GCD starts at t = 0. The reality isn't that. The difference here is GCDs and casts are slightly different so there's a chance Holy Spirit can benefit from what allows slidecasting to work and the buff gets snapshot in the final bits of it's cast time.

Basically, it's a thing we'll need to see how it works in-game? On paper it times out perfectly but with zero leniency; it doesn't change things significantly (it's a like 3-4 avg potency drop) but it's a thing to be curious about. 4 casts will fit with basically zero effort on your part, it's just that 5th that's ever so slightly awkward.

Requiescat is an oGCD that triggers a 12 second buff; Holy Spirit is a 2.0s cast time ability on the 2.5s GCD and tied to Spell Speed. Your 5 casts of Holy Spirit take exactly 12 seconds of time to cast (2.5s x4, + 2.0 x1) so you rely on zero delay from Requiescat -> first cast and still may need to rely on the buff getting snapshotted to the final cast.

Basically, your 12 second interval looks like:

t = 0.0, Requiescat buff starts. Cast Holy Spirit #1.
t = 2.0, Holy Spirit #1 lands.
t = 2.5, Cast Holy Spirit #2.
t = 4.5, Holy Spirit #2 lands.
t = 5.0, Cast Holy Spirit #3.
t = 7.0, Holy Spirit #3 lands.
t = 7.5, Cast Holy Spirit #4.
t = 9.5, Holy Spirit #4 lands.
t = 10.0, Cast Holy Spirit #5.
t = 12.0, Holy Spirit #5 lands, Requiescat wears off.
t = 12.5, GCD is back up to go into Goring (+FoF)->RA->RA before looping back to start of rotation.

If you're familiar with Berserk, there's some animation delay to it, along with general latency, that lends itself to why the 9 hit Berserk requires a non-base value of Skill Speed. 20 seconds is exactly 9 GCDs worth of time, assuming the first GCD starts at t = 0. The reality isn't that. The difference here is GCDs and casts are slightly different so there's a chance Holy Spirit can benefit from what allows slidecasting to work and the buff gets snapshot in the final bits of it's cast time.

Basically, it's a thing we'll need to see how it works in-game? On paper it times out perfectly but with zero leniency; it doesn't change things significantly (it's a like 3-4 avg potency drop) but it's a thing to be curious about. 4 casts will fit with basically zero effort on your part, it's just that 5th that's ever so slightly awkward.

I see.

Time to load up on spell speed materia /s

It might not be a big deal if it interacts in a similar way to Iron Jaws where even if the DoTs fall off onscreen Iron Jaws will still re-apply them if you started it before they fall off.

I'm not aware of that sort of interaction with any casting abilities + buffs though. By that I mean if you start casting something before a buff falls off, will the buff still apply even if you finish the cast after the buff has fallen off?

I know DoTs retain full effect if cast during a buff/debuff and it falls off but I have never bothered to check if that applies to the situation I described above.

iammeiam

I'm not aware of that sort of interaction with any casting abilities + buffs though. By that I mean if you start casting something before a buff falls off, will the buff still apply even if you finish the cast after the buff has fallen off?

I know DoTs retain full effect if cast during a buff/debuff and it falls off but I have never bothered to check if that applies to the situation I described above.

It's sort of similar to how you can eat an AOE you were clearly out of. At some point in the cast, specifics subject a little to latency, the game calculates damage and locks in what will happen when the cast ends. If you're in the big orange circle when damage is calculated, you get hit regardless of where you are when damage is applied. If your buff is up when damage is calculated, it counts even when it falls off before the animation. This is basically what happebs with IJ--if you're far enough along on the cast, it calculates reapplying the dots, even if they're gone by the time the cast resolves. This is also basically how you can end up Bene'ing your own corpse. Game calculates the heal, but application is delayed until you have died.

So in a situation like the above whether or not you get the buff depends on if you make it far enough in that last cast for damage to lock-in which will be latency dependent in part, as losing a half second may change whether or not it gets counted.

scy

I'm not aware of that sort of interaction with any other casting abilities + buffs though. By that I mean if you start casting something before a buff falls off, will the buff still apply even if you finish the cast after the buff has fallen off?

Yeah, that's the slidecast leeway I alluded to? You have the tail end of each cast you can move before it finishes because the game already processed the cast. The buffs are locked in here. So in theory, that 2s cast should lock in around 1.8s in? But I don't know if it works out in practice.

It's this weird thing of if they made the buff last 11s, it'd be super easy to get all 4 casts in no matter what with no hope of a 5th and if the buff was 13s, it'd be super easy to get all 5 casts in no matter what with no hope of a 6th. 12s is like 80% likely to work out, 20% ??? and 100% "nobody actually gives a fuck."

Alright, that clears it up. I was initially confused about the mention of slidecasting but it makes sense now.

Another thing I haven't seen much talk about is how much stance dancing will hurt Warrior due to it cutting your gauge in half, versus Paladin (Oath Gauge's only offensive use is for proccing Shield Swipe with Sheltron as MT?) and Dark Knight (Blood Price locked behind Grit).

Killthee

My girlfriend is having a problem with 14 where clicking the mouse is sometimes causing the game to minimize. She's playing in fullscreen mode, since windowed fullscreen doesn't run as smooth. OS is Windows 10, I don't think there are any apps open in the background which would cause pop ups, since it's a fresh install, up to date.

Anyone encountered a similar problem and knows a way to fix it?
Does she have office installed?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/..._cmdexe_window_keeps/?st=j3hmov8e&sh=b77953dd

JORMBO

Darkness no more
What are the chances of more recent EX primals popping via duty finder? I cleared Thordan for the first time this week. I was hoping to do Nidhogg/Seph/Sophia also, but the queue just tends to spin forever.

duckroll

Got to lvl60. Unlocked the final dungeon. Not going to attempt it at 3am though.

Also wondering if this is anything like the end of ARR, with lots of cutscenes and stuff. Do I have to get a GAF party together willing to wait on cutscenes to fully appreciate the endgame stuff?!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Got to lvl60. Unlocked the final dungeon. Not going to attempt it at 3am though.

Also wondering if this is anything like the end of ARR, with lots of cutscenes and stuff. Do I have to get a GAF party together willing to wait on cutscenes to fully appreciate the endgame stuff?!

After the complaints with the 2 dungeons at the end of ARR they stopped mixing long cutscenes into the middle of dungeons. The cutscenes will be after the duty has completed.

Caim

Nope if I recall the cutscenes are at the end after you clear it.

There might be one or two on the last fight, but it's nothing like ARR.

Guess Who

Banned

Nope. It's only 4-player, for one, and while there's one or two mid-length cutscenes during the boss at the end, that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom