• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hm I thought this was the FFXIV thread but this is clearly the WhaleGAF |OT|,

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Speaking of Taru, the Gold Saurcer Festival screenshot campaign is underway.
DBoTKvwUIAAzlm4.jpg

Jokes aside, I wish we had more collaboration events, although maybe with games more similar to FFXIV as far as the setting goes.

I remember FFXI, DQX, FFXIII, Yokai Watch, and GARO collaborations. The first 3 were okay, YW mount/equipment doesn't really fit the FFXIV world at all. And I personally am not a huge fan of GARO armors, they look like shiny plastic toys. Mounts are okay.

Edzi

Hm I thought this was the FFXIV thread but this is clearly the WhaleGAF |OT|,

I'll have you know, I bought the base game as part of a humble bundle and bought HW for sale for $10. Aside from my sub, I haven't paid a dime more for anything in this game.

This might change come SB, since I don't think I can/should wait for a sale.

I'll have you know I only made one purchase on the Mog Station, which was a Fantasia gift for a friend who then proceeded to...go from FemRoe to a Lala. >.>

Suffice to say, we're probably no longer friends.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So when they moved Protect to role skills and took away the MP cost I thought they were abolishing it as this pointless mechanic it is now and making it a temporary mitigation cooldown.

Well, they didn't.

Except they did.
In PVP!

20170606_jpiw_06.jpg

Award-winning game design.

Robin64

I pop my head in to see if y'all are excited about Stormblood, but instead I get people shit-talking Tataru Taru. What the hell? :(

aceface

I pop my head in to see if y'all are excited about Stormblood, but instead I get people shit-talking Tatatru Taru. What the hell? :(

Yeah this thread went to shit quick. People getting strung out waiting for stormblood.

Made shit glamour. Death penalty is a gift imo considering she was already at four strikes on just her race alone.

Lalafells are the best AND the glamour she made for us was great. C'mon Asami.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So the girls in Brute Justice song scream "Brute Justice, Transmode!", according to Soken.

Not important but interesting

Yeah this thread went to shit quick. People getting strung out waiting for stormblood.

Lalafells are the best AND the glamour she made for us was great. C'mon Asami.

Compared to every other scion, we got the short stick. We look like japanese high schoolers or something.

Sibylus

Banned
level 50 Black Mage get, was a fun ride and I'll for sure keep going with it (though not exclusively, Red Mage and Astrologian are further draws).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
When I hit 60, am I gonna have another round of ~100 (or more) mandatory MSQ to do before I can get into Stormblood stuff?
At least I know the new classes just require being level 50.

When I hit 60, am I gonna have another round of ~100 (or more) mandatory MSQ to do before I can get into Stormblood stuff?

I don't know the exact number, but it's a lot fewer than 100 this time. They're still story heavy and the middle is where the satisfying climactic payoff is, but in terms of the number of tasks you have to do, it is a lot more concise than the pre-3.0 interim.

EDIT: Unless Stormblood is already out by the time you hit level 60, you may have to think about some light grinding in order to gear up to reach the requisite item levels for certain story dungeons and fights though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't know the exact number, but it's a lot fewer than 100 this time. They're still story heavy and the middle is where the satisfying climactic payoff is, but in terms of the number of tasks you have to do, it is a lot more concise than the pre-3.0 interim.

Fair enough, thanks. A lot of it is that warrior of darkness stuff, right?

Fair enough, thanks. A lot of it is that warrior of darkness stuff, right?

They (spoilers, naturally)
are a part of it, yes. Not as much as you would expect and I still don't know why they're there because they end up being so woefully squandered, but it will mostly be about putting a final end to the Dragonsong War. At the tail end it will be some setup for Stormblood and its upcoming 8-man raid series.

Anoregon

Interesting. I like the Dragon stuff so far, I'm only 53 but the story with Iceheart and the Shiva stuff so far is pretty engaging.

Also I can fly in a zone now and it's great. My immediate reaction was "Oh I'll totally cruise around doing FATES on rdm/sam"

Yam's

New pvp gear. Not sure I'm gonna farm this. Will need to see the other classes, but not liking what I'm seeing too much atm.

m2QR8iAl.jpg

Luminaire

Maybe wait to see the actual WHM 4.0 tooltips/mechanics before reacting. Everything is still under development and it's said the media tour build is from April.

Even if it's dead and broken at launch, it'll likely be fixed by 4.1.

Omnicent

ughh double post so...
I'm looking forward to trying out WAR and PLD in storm blood.
With the changes to the meter + infuriate + infuriate passive thats a lot of inner beasts when MT.

aember

I finished 3.2 last night and
whoever designed the boss for the Antitower dungeon - I hope they step on a lego. I am never touching that dungeon because that is the creepiest boss I've seen in an MMO, fuck that.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
whoever designed the boss for the Antitower dungeon - I hope they step on a lego. I am never touching that dungeon because that is the creepiest boss I've seen in an MMO, fuck that.

Whoever was the art director for FFIV, I guess.

Welcome back!

Thanks! It's been a while! :)
EDIT: is gmg the cheapest place to buy the non steam version of heavensward? I know it's included with sb but I wonder if I can get through the hw content before next friday. Playing new mmo content on release is the best thing ever...anyone want to help me get through the heavensward content lol

wamberz1

Thanks! It's been a while! :)
EDIT: is gmg the cheapest place to buy the non steam version of heavensward? I know it's included with sb but I wonder if I can get through the hw content before next friday. Playing new mmo content on release is the best thing ever...anyone want to help me get through the heavensward content lol
If you ever need any help running dungeons/trials or whatever feel free to ask for it in FC Chat. I'm sure there will be plenty of people (myself included) who may be bored waiting for SB to drop and willing to help. If you're playing a DPS job it really helps with queue times if you can nab a tank/healer.

febLey

That dungeon is pretty awsome.

If you ever need any help running dungeons/trials or whatever feel free to ask for it in FC Chat. I'm sure there will be plenty of people (myself included) who may be bored waiting for SB to drop and willing to help. If you're playing a DPS job it really helps with queue times if you can nab a tank/healer.

If your that bored you can level my character for me while I'm not playing :p

BlackJace

I'm SCH lv50 on ARR, if I get Stormblood and the MSQ jump potion, the unlocked HW dungeons and stuff should make leveling to 60 in order to tackle the new MSQ fairly quick right?

Foxxsoxx

That dungeon is pretty awsome.

Right?

Cool design, straightforward with no BS. It's practically just a giant line you walk in cutting on the BS. I love it.

Plus that frog boss is awesome.

I'm SCH lv50 on ARR, if I get Stormblood and the MSQ jump potion, the unlocked HW dungeons and stuff should make leveling to 60 in order to tackle the new MSQ fairly quick right?

Fairly quick. Dungeons and Palace of the Dead will get you to 60 the fastest. It'd be a shame though because HW has a great story that you'll miss out on.

iammeiam

Maybe wait to see the actual WHM 4.0 tooltips/mechanics before reacting. Everything is still under development and it's said the media tour build is from April.

Even if it's dead and broken at launch, it'll likely be fixed by 4.1.

I struggle with this line of thinking because the WHM problem isn't a tweak, it's foundational. Stuff like the Cure 2 change can't salvage it because the very heart of the system is broken. It's not just that it's not a utility boost, it's that it's something that is fundamentally bad. Lilies in and of themselves are a conceptually bad fit for how this game works.

The media tour build being from April matters for things like misleading tooltips or questionable potencies, but it sort of doesn't work as a way to squash the WHM discussion because lilies being changed to 100% on cure II doesn't really do anything meaningful. And, like, if they weren't ready to show off at least the broad conceptual strokes of the changes, they probably shouldn't have had a media showcase.

It's the equivalent of having the 'fix' to bowmage being hardcasting Venom Bite resetting the cooldown on Paean. It just makes no sense, and given the whole hype cycle people hardlining "this is dumb." makes sense because the core concept is bad and it needs a makeover on the level of 3.1 AST to not be silly, and thusfar there's no real indicator that the dev team gets the core of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom