• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT3| Keniki Gauge Cost: 20,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Finally 10/10 on runes. The Lux step shouldn't be too bad, but I'm a bit concerned about doing Sephirot, Sophia, and Zurvan. I've never done them, so I'm a bit worried about doing the normal versions of them.

Read a basic guide for them. The normal versions are pretty easy since you get target area markers on the ground.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
A question about leves - I took all available ones for level 58, both regular and large scale and finished them.
Will new ones appear at the NPC as time passes or do I have to turn the current ones in?

Luminaire

A question about leves - I took all available ones for level 58, both regular and large scale and finished them.
Will new ones appear at the NPC as time passes or do I have to turn the current ones in?

They replenish over time. Your allowance should replenish at a rate of 3 a day, I think. Might be outdated/incorrect.

Wtf are lvl58 and large scale leves?!

Temple Leves. I believe they take 10 allowances but offer large rewards.

Wtf are lvl58 and large scale leves?!

Level 58 is currently the highest level levequest available (you can modify the difficulty by +1 to bring it to 59). Large scale leves (also known as Temple Leves IIRC) cost 10 allowances to accept, but give a lot of experience. They're exp inefficient compared to doing 10 leves on their own, but on the upside, you don't have to sit there and do 10 leves.

Luminaire

What is point of exp for a lvl60? Is this for those lvling other jobs?

I don't think anything gives EXP at level 60 currently. Basically you can get the leves on the class you want to level and do as many as possible and wait to turn them in when the servers go live/level cap is increased.

B.K.

Normals are cake. Seph, Soph, and Zurvan are some of the more mechanically intense primals, so you might wanna study up on the EX ones if you try to do them. Many groups disband on Zurvan if you can't skip a mechanic called Soar.

I've done Garuda, Ifrit, and Titan Extreme. That's all I plan to do until I can get iLevel 400 or so.

Xux

The list won't repopulate until you've turned them in.

Alric

Finally just re-subbed after being gone for months. Now on a new PC spending forever re-setting up all my hotbars and trying to remember what each skill does.

Though as a White mage I guess that'll all change real soon anyways.

yami4ct

Finally just re-subbed after being gone for months. Now on a new PC spending forever re-setting up all my hotbars and trying to remember what each skill does.

You're a white mage? Well...I've got some bad news for you. I'm so sorry about Stormblood.

Xux

That's a bummer, I was hoping I can have my quest list full of finished leves before SB. Oh well!
You can. The other Temple leves give okay experience, too. You can have 15 of those and one normal one from Hinterlands when Stormblood hits for maximum cheap EXP.

Alric

You're a white mage? Well...I've got some bad news for you. I'm so sorry about Stormblood.

Lol, thats why I said "It's all about to change real soon". I'm going to relearn for about 2 weeks just to be thrown into chaos again. I should just trying to hurry up and get my Summoner up from 55 to max.

duckroll

Lol, thats why I said "It's all about to change real soon". I'm going to relearn for about 2 weeks just to be thrown into chaos again. I should just trying to hurry up and get my Summoner up from 55 to max.

That's not what he meant.... I hear it's not too late to start leveling an AST now tho!

yami4ct

Wait I've only just stumbled into this thread again

What's happening to White Mages with Stormblood? My best mate is a White Mage but he hasn't played the game in awhile

Class really got the shaft with the new abilities. Most of the role actions actually come from their setup, so they lose a lot of benefit they had over other healers there. The new Lily mechanic seems to be really worthless overall and their new skills are pretty meh overall. In comparison, Scholar got a pretty decent boost and Ast is straight up broken right now. So, while White Mage got some semi-interesting new tools like Thin Air (Lets them execute spells for 0 MP for a bit), overall the gap between them and the other healers is a straight up chasm.

Omni

Wait I've only just stumbled into this thread again

What's happening to White Mages with Stormblood? My best mate is a White Mage but he hasn't played the game in awhile

It's more... what isn't happening to WHM

Think of it like WHM is stuck in 3.0 with no raid utility while every pretty much every other job is being upgraded to 4.0 varients and getting stuff that actively benefits the party. i.e There will be no reason to use a WHM over an AST

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You can. The other Temple leves give okay experience, too. You can have 15 of those and one normal one from Hinterlands when Stormblood hits for maximum cheap EXP.
Hm, I guess you're right. I'll just spend my allowances on temple leves, since I don't feel like doing all regular lower level leves.

yami4ct

Their intention was clearly to make WHT a 'pure' traditional healer, and yet AST has more reliable and higher potency heals. I honestly don't know how they messed up so much.

LowParry

Went to mor dhona to see what they did with the old tokens and the vendor still has the soldiery one along with the poetics one for 50/60 poetics. Guessing something similar will happen when SB hits, lore/scripture tokens sold for 70/80 poetics.

I just went ahead and purchased them now. I don't think they'd just get rid of them from your inventory. So if all works well, ilvl 270 SAM weapon :D

Sibylus

Banned
Nearing the end of my first month with the game... and I'm hooked. Mained a Black Mage with friends and fam up til' level 48, and I'm mighty interested in diving deep into the Heavensward/Red Mage life (still a lot of content left in ARR though!). Astrologian looks slick as fuck, so I'm tempted to get one of those for when I want to play a healer.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Their intention was clearly to make WHT a 'pure' traditional healer, and yet AST has more reliable and higher potency heals. I honestly don't know how they messed up so much.
Make pure healer
Design the game around burst phases and relaxation phases where no healing is required
???
Fat chocobo pillow

yami4ct

Make pure healer
Design the game around burst phases and relaxation phases where no healing is required
???
Fat chocobo pillow

Like, yeah. I agree that the very concept of 'pure healer' has issues, but my bigger thing is that they set out make a Pure Healer and then made one of the other classes actually better at pure healing....that's not good.

I'm not sure how a 60s 15% HP shield that requires lillies and an AOE heal that requires stacks that you probably will rarely if ever get on more than one person makes them pure healer.

What I expected from a pure healer is stuff like an AOE version of the pre-heal that Scholar got, or at least one supporty ability that improves party damage in some way.

Haly

Like, yeah. I agree that the very concept of 'pure healer' has issues, but my bigger thing is that they set out make a Pure Healer and then made one of the other classes actually better at pure healing....that's not good.

They should turn WHM into a holy caster like PLD is now a holy warrior.

yami4ct

They opened a whole different can of worms with the PLD situation, but it feels like it's gonna be easier for them to bring DRK and WAR into balance with them than it is for WHM to get where it needs to go. Heck, I expect the tank balance will be fairly decent by the time we see the real SB build. The White Mage is probably gonna need a few patches to get there if it even does within SB.

Thorgal

Despite the wall of negative above this post if you want to be a white mage, be one.

They will be perfectly viable in all of the content and not be a hindrance to anyone

The only place whm might fall short is in hardcore raiding scene with static groups.

( and even then I guarantee that with a white mage in the group you will still be able to clear Savage raiding even if it isn't the optimal setting of the meta )

Silav101

A pure healer would be fine if they altered encounter design to require one. E.g., making bosses hit like tanks instead of wet noodles aside from scripted tankbusters, and heavy raidwide damage that happens often enough that mitigation cannot be up for all of them.

I was pretty amused when I first started out to see that if I turned my tank stance off, I didn't instantly die. Doing that in WoW was a death sentence.

A pure healer would be fine if they altered encounter design to require one. E.g., making bosses hit like tanks instead of wet noodles aside from scripted tankbusters, and heavy raidwide damage that happens often enough that mitigation cannot be up for all of them.

I was pretty amused when I first started out to see that if I turned my tank stance off, I didn't instantly die. Doing that in WoW was a death sentence.

The problem is WAR tank stance is just a HP+ buff, so is only as effective as mitigation if you max his HP constantly.

With the elimination of WAR self sustain possibilities, you can be sure most content won't be designed in a way that no mitigation is going to kill a tank, or WAR will be left in the dust, for more hardcore content or 8 man parties it can be secluded as OT I guess.

Auraela

Banned
If i buy heavs or new expansion coming can u make a hero in there content or do u have to start from scratch.

The content at level 1 onwards to before heven is really boring i find

Silav101

The problem is WAR tank stance is just a HP+ buff, so is only as effective as mitigation if you max his HP constantly.

With the elimination of WAR self sustain possibilities, you can be sure most content won't be designed in a way that no mitigation is going to kill a tank, or WAR will be left in the dust, for more hardcore content or 8 man parties it can be secluded as OT I guess.

Agreed, WoW-style raid damage would mean re-working Defiance as a stance, since all the HP + healing received it gives won't help if you get one-shotted by a tankbuster.

Kalor

If i buy heavs or new expansion coming can u make a hero in there content or do u have to start from scratch.

The content at level 1 onwards to before heven is really boring i find

You need to have a leveled character to access that content. You can buy a jump potion which levels you but that's the only way of skipping the pre heavensward content.

I expect every class to go through a 'feels bad man' phase.

WAR went through it during ARR because healers hated healing for a tank whose HP wildly fluctuated and a lot of groups at a certain time wouldn't accept WARs into harder content(And yoshi said everyone was playing WAR wrong). During the speedrun content-drought era of ARR SCHs were seen as sub-optimal for speedruns because WHM holy spam/stun plus heals made speed runs a breeze. I was a SCH during this and I remember a lot of groups passing on me.

Then AST is underpowered era, then Bow Mage and MCH has no ATK power era...

Haly

FAT CHOCOBO PILLOW!!!!!!!!

Players like you are why S-E can continuously deliver underwhelming gameplay yet sustain and even turn a profit with their sorry excuse for an MMO!

Haly

What I need is Yoshi-p in Fat Chocobo helmet on stage with Yoko Taro in Emil mask while introducing the FFXIV/Nier crossover event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom